• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf GOTY Awards 2020 |OT| Results

People are really missing out on Crusader Kings 3 and Wasteland 3.
If you are going to go that direction through in some mount and blade 2 bannerlord (although I think it's still early access so I guess it doesn't count, sorta like baldur's gate 3).

As for wasteland 3, how is that. I read it got dumbed down from wasteland 2 as far as story and interaction to plot and rpg mechanics and is now nothing but back to back combat. Is that true?

Still need to sink my teeth into crusader kings. I have ck2 I still never played, guessing it's similar to eu4, which I loved.

Good list but it seems hype alone got CP2077 on that list. Compared to the other games on the list I don't believe it deserves such a high mark.
It does on pc. Too many sad console only players who are still mad from the release. If you have a modern gpu/cpu cyberpunk is amazing. Glitches sure but amazing even with the issues. It did score great for pc.

Ghost of Tsushima exactly where it belongs. Such a good experience.
It is. I am sad I can't play it. I own it but my ps4 sounds like it's going to explode when I run it. Launch issue ps4 heats up the room 10 degrees. I am afraid to even go further. Never got past the Lower part of the island. Was hopeing to get ps5 and continue there, but alas it wasn't meant to be.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Good list but it seems hype alone got CP2077 on that list. Compared to the other games on the list I don't believe it deserves such a high mark.

Doesn't make any sense. The crazy hype is what led to such a massive backlash. The current atmosphere is not positive for Cyberpunk, so it makes little sense that people voted for it just based on hype or something.

Ghost of Tsushima is an 85/100 game, but it didn't have much competition because Cyberpunk was broken at launch and TLoU2 is an 80/100 game beneath all the amateur hobbyist "critical" praise.
Trying to make myself try out Ghosts even though it doesn't entice me because it looks like an ubiworld game to me. Obviously people really, really like and gave it goty when there are plenty of other open world games doing all the usual stuff they also could have chosen. But a then a bunch of people come along and say "yeah its a ubiworld game lol"

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Trying to make myself try out Ghosts even though it doesn't entice me because it looks like an ubiworld game to me. Obviously people really, really like and gave it goty when there are plenty of other open world games doing all the usual stuff they also could have chosen. But a then a bunch of people come along and say "yeah its a ubiworld game lol"
Ghost of Tsushima is a odd one because it looks like a Ubisoft game on the outside but the game has soul and is incredible I love the combat

HYDE

Banned
Nioh 2 got robbed!!

Criminally under the radar!!

People play this amazing game, it’s so much better than the first entry also.

cormack12

Gold Member
I don’t understand are the ori games actually good? For a casual gamer? Like they’re 2D

If you're a casual gamer you will be tapping out around the second boss, very challenging game and some of the platforming is very tricky. But it's very beautiful and the mechanics are really solid. Plus it's quick to get back into the game so not as frustrating as waiting for respawns.

I also noticed I missed the 'S' in Tsushima so I'll go back and correct that later

I think with Cyberpunk, you appreciate the scope and deal with the shortcomings (I'm guessing most people enthusiastic enough to vote have the latest consoles, or have a PC) so didn't deal with the last gen issues. Arkham Knight still came in 13th when it was unplayable on PC (and that was a very strong year as well).

Alan Wake

I remember people said the same thing about 2019😉

Haha. Probably. But 2019 indeed was a great year for me, and I wasn't expecting that. I liked REmake 2 way more than I had thought I would and got two big surprises (A Plague Tale and Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair). 2020 didn't really have that. Call of the Sea was nice, I guess.

cd_jakevas

Doesn't make any sense. The crazy hype is what led to such a massive backlash. The current atmosphere is not positive for Cyberpunk, so it makes little sense that people voted for it just based on hype or something.
I think you underestimate the level of investment that goes into something like this.

It's much, much better than an Ubiworld game - the combat is legitimately excellent and the art direction is second to none.

GymWolf

So one copy/paste should be higher than another copy/paste? 🤭
200.gif

Karppuuna

If you are playing Cyberpunk in 2000€ PC, maybe then i get the 3 place. If you considering all the platforms, its a fucking buggy mess and has no place on that list.

Moogle11

Banned
If you are playing Cyberpunk in 2000€ PC, maybe then i get the 3 place. If you considering all the platforms, its a fucking buggy mess and has no place on that list.

It's very good on Xbox Series X as well. Looked nice in quality mode (after updates 1.04 and 1.05, image was a bit soft and blurry in spots before that). I had two crashes in 64+ hours and a handful of times I had to reload a save due to a glitch--about on par with what I saw from the PC version. I get the gripes on the last gen consoles and PS5 though. My buddy had over 50 crashes in his PS5 playthrough.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I ain't mad at this, maybe missing Wasteland 3 for me, but I think all in all solid list.

Can't hate on TLoU 2 when I did not play it.

Leenzeh

Neo Member
I can't believe Cyberpunk won "RPG", are you guys okay? played actual RPG games before? Cyberpunk might be the illusion of an RPG but that's all. Generally speaking this has been an excellent community event only marred by CP baffling, unjustifiable votes.

Kadayi

Banned
I can't believe Cyberpunk won "RPG", are you guys okay? played actual RPG games before? Cyberpunk might be the illusion of an RPG but that's all. Generally speaking this has been an excellent community event only marred by CP baffling, unjustifiable votes.

corvette deal with it GIF

Seriously though, you have 5 posts in 2 years, and you're trying to lecture GAF ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Top Bottom