• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf Isometric City II - Come Get Some!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I'm finally back home, and Diesel's work is all kinds of awesome :D

Now, where were we? Oh, yeah...

newgaf13.png

About here.

Rebiak

Neo Member
What's been bugging me since the start of this project: the activation queue gate doesn't make any sense. There's a gate, but you can just walk past it on the left?

Slizz

Rebiak said:
What's been bugging me since the start of this project: the activation queue gate doesn't make any sense. There's a gate, but you can just walk past it on the left?
are you gonna make a run for it, when creepy samuel l is there waiting?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Rebiak said:
Bish is more than enough to make sure no one tries to sneak by ;)
We also have a sniper there, but don't tell anyone.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Feel free to use your imagination, man :)
We need a few more buildings, and to know the status of most incomplete stuff from the other thread.

Zyzyxxz

Keep up the good work guys, this is so creative and cool!

I love the sharp knees building!

Too bad I have nothing to contribute.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
WasteLand Soldier said:
no love for my hornet? :(
I must have missed it, could you post it again please? I think I've added everything that was posted (well, except your hornet apparently :O). Any news about the incomplete stuff? We need new buildings.

Jasoco

Banned
On that other one, the bank with the bus in it from TDK, uh, is that' supposed to be a shortbus because the bank is too narrow for it and the back end should be coming out the other side. Just looks weird, especially with a full sized bus passing by for comparison. :lol

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
WasteLand Soldier said:
Oh yeah, now I remember it. While it's very nicely done, it's about as big as a van:
263ddeh.png

Could you make it a bit smaller, please?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Whoa, I had no idea this project was revived! I'm so glad.

BTW, if you'd like, I made a little bush in the previous thread for sprinkling around the city:

shrubberygimp.png

I also made a house of lulz. I don't remember if there was anything that still needs to be done to it, but here's its latest form:

LoLfacehouse-35.png

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Danthrax said:
Whoa, I had no idea this project was revived! I'm so glad.

BTW, if you'd like, I made a little bush in the previous thread for sprinkling around the city:

shrubberygimp.png

I also made a house of lulz. I don't remember if there was anything that still needs to be done to it, but here's its latest form:

LoLfacehouse-35.png
Awesome, going to add both :)

TheOneGuy said:
o hi i took ur advice jocchan finally

FINALLY

graveyard-wtree564.png
FINALLY

That's awesome, man ;)

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Jocchan said:
Awesome! :lol
Too bad we already have one on top of the FIA building, sucking er... someone's nipple :O

Aw, I went by the OP's list, O-face wasn't checked :(

Oh well. Not much time wasted :lol

Has the Sony E3 translator been done? Here they are, if not!

Yamauchi doesn't look very pleased with the translator, but he doesn't give a fuck.

kaz.png
translator.png

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Osaka said:
Aw, I went by the OP's list, O-face wasn't checked :(
Oh my, you're correct. Updated.

Osaka said:
Has the Sony E3 translator been done? Here they are, if not!

Yamauchi doesn't look very pleased with the translator, but he doesn't give a fuck.

kaz.png
translator.png
Actually, I had made one, it's near the toxic river... but yours is much better, and also includes Yamauchi, so I think we're gonna use them :D

Druz

Rebiak said:

If you have a gaming developer/publisher email you skip the line.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Druz said:
If you have a gaming developer/publisher email you skip the line.

Then shouldn't it say "Gamedevs" instead of Gamefaqs?

Also, the HDMI lamps still look like they're floating, is it possible to remove the black lines from the bases touching the floor to make them blend more>?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Update!

newgaf14.png

I took the liberty to cut the NBA building in half, to re-add it. If the original author approves (unfortunately, I can't remember who made it :( ), I'd leave it this way.

Cindres said:
Also, the HDMI lamps still look like they're floating, is it possible to remove the black lines from the bases touching the floor to make them blend more>?
Fixed. It was hopefully due to them not having a shadow (which I added).

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I think I'm out of stuff to add for now (feel free to notify anything I might have overlooked/forgot), we need moar :D

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Jocchan said:
I think I'm out of stuff to add for now (feel free to notify anything I might have overlooked/forgot), we need moar :D
My train track set :p and who is making the hype train ? Haha

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
NetMapel said:
My train track set :p and who is making the hype train ? Haha
I think Mik was making it. I'm going to add your tracks as soon as the city shape gets a bit more precise (this is also the reason why I'm not drawing more roads for now).
What about making the hype train derailed right before the station?

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Jocchan said:
I think Mik was making it. I'm going to add your tracks as soon as the city shape gets a bit more precise (this is also the reason why I'm not drawing more roads for now).
What about making the hype train derailed right before the station?
Ok, got it. So I wonder what GAF-lol-moment are we missing still ?

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Looking great Jocchan!

Although, I think Yamauchi and the translator deserve a stage, instead of some F1 garage. :( If anyone is willing to see the trouble to make an E3-ish stage for em, it'd be awesome :lol (or you could just put them on top of the PS3-tower!)

Also, I think someone needs to make a tribute to OnkelC's (and others) cooking thread that has made me hungry so many many times. The thread is almost 2 years old!

We're still missing the "plane leaving" image macro!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Osaka said:
Looking great Jocchan!
Thanks :D I love how everything is shaping up. Of course there are lots of inconsistencies due to many different people working on the same picture, but they could have been much, much worse. Everybody, keep up the good work :)

Osaka said:
Although, I think Yamauchi and the translator deserve a stage, instead of some F1 garage. :( If anyone is willing to see the trouble to make an E3-ish stage for em, it'd be awesome :lol
Actually, it was a subtle reference to this picture (look on the far left):
2q0tt8n.jpg

Yes, it's him :D

Osaka said:
Also, I think someone needs to make a tribute to OnkelC's (and others) cooking thread that has made me hungry so many many times. The thread is almost 2 years old!
We already have both OnkelC and an IronGAF building, they're near the Hive Mind ;)

Osaka said:
We're still missing the "plane leaving" image macro!
You're correct. We need it!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
We need more stuff to fill out the fenced-off gaming ghetto. Maybe an Xbox building (which would allowed to be large — it's part of the joke), a Genesis vs. Super Nintendo battlefield, a Virtual Boy tower, etc.

Another thing: Is that river running through the city going to keep going southeast, or will it stop at a boathouse or something next to the park?

Twig

Banned
I want to make a ship but it wouldn't fit in that tiny river. ):

EDIT: Maybe I could make it "float" higher up. But then it'd be too wide to fit between those biuldings. O:

Not that logical consistency is a strong point in this city!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Norante said:
What's missing that you'd like done?

If you have an idea for something GAFish and funny, go for it. Or if you see something on the checklist you'd like to do, go for it. Just say what you're working on so there's no duplication =P

Mobius 1

Danthrax said:
If you have an idea for something GAFish and funny, go for it. Or if you see something on the checklist you'd like to do, go for it. Just say what you're working on so there's no duplication =P

Gran Turismo race course, perhaps?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Norante said:

Sounds cool, but make sure it's not very large — we only have the space shown above to work with. Maybe make it about the size of the cemetery?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Danthrax said:
We need more stuff to fill out the fenced-off gaming ghetto. Maybe an Xbox building (which would allowed to be large — it's part of the joke), a Genesis vs. Super Nintendo battlefield, a Virtual Boy tower, etc.
I agree.

Danthrax said:
Another thing: Is that river running through the city going to keep going southeast, or will it stop at a boathouse or something next to the park?
It was supposed to stop there, with an half-sunk RROD'd Xboat next to the PS3 building

Grug said:
Still need an Atheist Church. :D
Absolutely!

TheOneGuy said:
I want to make a ship but it wouldn't fit in that tiny river. ):

EDIT: Maybe I could make it "float" higher up. But then it'd be too wide to fit between those biuldings. O:

Not that logical consistency is a strong point in this city!
Can you do the Xboat plz? :D

Danthrax said:
Exactly :)

Norante said:
It would be nice, but be aware of the size limits in the OP (the point of pixel art is cramming as many details as possible in small areas, so big and empty areas are pretty much wasted space). So, if you go for a simple circuit and still manage to fill it with details everywhere, I won't care if it's a bit over the size limits (but don't tell anyone ;P) considering the concept itself requires a bit of space.

Danthrax said:
Maybe make it about the size of the cemetery?
Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe a tad bigger, but that's it. No one will complain if the track is really short, after all ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom