• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Apologies to Markman for stealing his monthly thread, but there isn’t a January one yet. I’m sure he’ll make his mark
man
on the topic regardless, with his ridiculous amount of purchases.

psychojq9.jpg

This month I hit the January sales to pick up Conker and Psychonauts on Xbox after a tip on their cheapness. Found Psychonauts for £4.99 (Back Compat!) but no Conker.
I also saw that neat Groundon figure in Toys R Us, and the cheap £2.99 price bought out the Pokemon geek in me.

So, what did you buy?

Oh, and mods, if you are sick of seeing this every month, feel free to change the title to 2007 pick up post.

Tarazet

PS3 60GB + Ridge Racer 7 + Lemmings

Yggdra Union (GBA)

Burnout Revenge (XB360)

I am set for the month. Seriously.

Dave Long

Banned
0004549673687_215X215.jpg
0001338827007_215X215.jpg

0004549690002_215X215.jpg
0008371726010_215X215.jpg

0073086553017_215X215.jpg
0066224890601_215X215.jpg

It's budget buy month! I'll be bin diving at TRU, Circuit City, Target and elsewhere all month long. All the above cost me a total of $95.

Jefklak

Gee guys, i'ts only the 4th and you already bought for $60 or so :)
Myself, nothing, and I'll try to keep it that way since december was rough

(castlevania PoR, Yggdra Union, FFTactics, RE4)

How much was Excite Truck?!

As for me

Trace Memory
Deep Labrynth (Crap)
Chibi Robo
Gunstar Super Heroes (Gift)
DS Rumble Pack, plus some pinball game they decided to stick with (Gift)
Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 1
Tomb Raider Legend

Just have to save up for Phoenix Wright...

Dave Long

Banned
Bartman3010 said:
How much was Excite Truck?!

I paid $25 to a guy I work with because he just didn't like the game. $25 is the current trade-in value. He was fine with that, and of course so was I!

I always see people in these threads with a massive amount of games. How do you guys manage to play all of the titles you keep getting.

I bought 4 games over the past 2 months and I cannot seem to devote enough time to any of them.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
a bad influence at work got me back into buying PCBs

bought Dancing Eyes today...
gah

Dave Long

Banned
FirstInHell said:
I always see people in these threads with a massive amount of games. How do you guys manage to play all of the titles you keep getting.

I bought 4 games over the past 2 months and I cannot seem to devote enough time to any of them.

I write about games for a couple print publications so I like to play as many things as I can, even if I don't finish them, just for the historical significance and research that helps when writing about current games.

So when things get to the $10 level or less, I'm often picking them up just to throw in my library.

PSP is slightly different. I just can't fathom paying $40 or more for a PSP game, so I've decided that $20 is my max. I hadn't gotten anything for the PSP in awhile so I got Mega Man at $20 and had to pick up MGA2 when I saw it for $10.

Anyway, that's a long-winded explanation for "I write about games." and "I'm also a collector."

Nothing yet.. but I'll get another copy of Gears of Wars since my disc cracked, and a copy of Psychonauts on ebay for dirt cheap now that it's BC.

Avalon

B000239DZ8.01-A2PTR6MMOG537M._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V35711799_.jpg

Can't believe I haven't played this game.

It came with a bunch of extras... watch, necklace, ring, playing cards, soundtrack. I'm pretty sure including things like this is part of the reason Working Design is no longer around. :S

kenta

Has no PEINS
925617_75640_front.jpg

It was $20 at EB and it has four-player ad-hoc battles with a single disc. Too good of a deal to pass up. The main game is alright, it's somewhat frustrating because there are a lot of things that are out of your control that can kill you, but I actually like the item management system they've got. Just can't wait for some battles, I love me some classic Bomberman action

Kobiekun

While January isn't going to be a banner month for me (you only have to buy Chi no Rondo once :) ), it's still going to be good. Under Defeat was the first game I ever played in Japan!

JanuaryGames.jpg

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I already bought:

NBA Street Vol 3 (PS2)
PGR3 (360)

I plan on getting:
Psychonauts
Lost Planet
Wii (if I can find one)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
painey awesome pick up!

I like Parappa stuff too. :)

McBacon thanks for making the thread!

I'm sure I'll be posting something soon. :x

rage1973

Lost Planet CE
Need for Speed:Carbon 360

PS3 20 Gig edition.

Pioneer Elite VSX-84TXSi receiver
Entertainment stand

There goes most of Christmas bonus by the way.

MakMan

blame space said:
janlh9.png

+

ztp1xz3le6.png

Excluding Z:TP for Wii, I've had that since launch. Everything else is new though. Hooray for Christmas money!

Whoot!!!
Where did you get that Monopoly edition? I want it!
Is it available in Europe?

Baker

Banned
So far just:
jan.jpg

I preordered Burning Crusade and Lost Planet CE while I was there too.

P.S. Yes those are the "we took your shit home and still sold it as new" bullshit Gamestop games, but for $10 it was hard to pass up.

MegaTen

Banned
92985770404frontlq3.jpg

Developed by Grasshopper Manufacture, so I had to get it sooner or later. Pretty fun game with good music.

93110275106frontwp9.jpg

After borrowing a friend's copy for months, I've finally bought my own.

92833067388frontza5.jpg

I now, sadly have bought this game for all three platforms(PS2, PC, Xbox360). Well, not the PS2 version since S-E sent the retail version to beta testers at no cost.

Hunter D

FirstInHell said:

They sell drugs.

atomsk

Party Pooper
well for some gift card spending, and some toysrus cheapies

200167ble.jpg
281439b.jpg
220585b.jpg

180163b.jpg
B00009XS68.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V61286837_.jpg

so far i've really only spent 35 bucks. and i'll be picking up Lost Planet with the 75 i still have in best buy gift cards. so i think i did pretty decent all in all.

Just picked this up the other day

burnout-revenge.jpg

It's just ridiculous. The game is barely racing anymore. It's just crashing into shit all the time. I still enjoy it immensely though.

Alpha_eX said:
I was thinking of getting this, can you let me know how it is please?

It's really pretty limited, because it's an acoustic guitar, and that's it. It's robust, you can assign any chord to any of the 8 D-Pad positions, and holding down L will give you another set you can customise. Pressing one of the face puttons will lift everything up one note, and the sound quality is really good - it may not be something you could get away with on a CD, but it sounds good through speakers, and even through the DS. There's some mini games where they put chords up on screen and you play them, along with some Japanese lyrics under them. I just put the chords for Floyd's Comfortably Numb in, and it sounds pretty close to the real thing. The speed you strum affects the volume and velocity of the note, which is nice

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Stopped by the local Mitsuwa after picking up my daughter from school... she picked these out for herself:

355210827_84e4ddaeec.jpg

355210567_571ea0d11d.jpg

Top Bottom