• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Sora_N

nfs_zps4a5135b1.png

Some love for my Vita.

Grief.exe

Cross post from the PC thread. The fine folks over there helped me pick out parts for my new build and provided guidance along the way. Here's what I got:

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (White)
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H LGA1150
Memory: G. Skill Sniper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD + Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX780 3GB Superclocked w/ACX Cooler
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition
Power Supply: Rosewill HIVE 650W
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit)

I have a QNIX QX2710 Evo II on the way and will order a new keyboard/mouse soon.

12858588963_d1b4635ec1_o.jpg

Superb cable management.

Keep in mind that Windows 8.1 has a mouse lag bug that needs to be manually fixed for every game you play.

BigDes

Some of this was from last month as well but well first pick up thread post and such

n9AhWZFl.jpg

Loving the 3DS XL, though I do wish the screen res was a bit higher

Asparagus

Picked up a modded PS2 and network adapter so I can play everything PS1/2 related. Plus a few games.

ccX0iRr.jpg

Also grabbed a PS Vita although I only have some old PSP/PSX games on it at the moment. Plus some demos.

qP5G7Vp.jpg

And I'm finally getting started on the Akira manga.

uOwhoT1.jpg

jason00

Neo Member
A few pick ups today:

My first physical game pick up of the year and probably my last physical PS3 pick up (unless it's still in my home theater by the time Persona 5 comes out):

Excited to play, but waiting until tomorrow so I can dig into The Stick of Truth tonight:

And the last of the Matt Smith era. I didn't really like the episode that much, but I loved the regeneration:

Drain You

Only new addition in the picture is Donkey Kong Country 3

hjKMMeR.jpg

Bought some UV protective acrylic cases that should be in soon.

Also on the digital front. Resident Evil 4 on steam and Garden Warfare on Xbox One.

Done game shopping in Japan. Picked up a few more items. Here is a picture of everything.

[Awesome Pics]

So much great stuff right there, you shopped well :) I have to ask, are you planning on mailing it back home, or taking it back yourself? I've always wondered about the logistics of buying a large amount of items in Japan and how to get everything back... I'm interested to know what you'll do with that lovely lot :)

kizito

So much great stuff right there, you shopped well :) I have to ask, are you planning on mailing it back home, or taking it back yourself? I've always wondered about the logistics of buying a large amount of items in Japan and how to get everything back... I'm interested to know what you'll do with that lovely lot :)

Also wondering the same. I'm going to Japan this july, and want to bring back a lot of stuff.

Just brought two bags. Made it back no problem. And this is the 5th time doing just that. Just buy some bubble wrap or wrap the heavy stuff in clothes.

kanuuna

A little something from the Blizzard Store.

iWI7rD7s2qmta.jpg
ibdTmT2y65TO9q.jpg

Wrath of the Lich King Soundtrack for the last patch of the expansion, Behind-The-Scenes DVD for the original game and a Blizzcon exclusive hardcover edition of the artbook 'The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King'. The book is a beauty.

Mike.83

Picked up a new phone last week.

iMd0A7TVx3EOU.JPG

Never fails to impress me when upgrading an iphone how it just brings everything over from the old one to the new.

Jomjom

Banned
Only new addition in the picture is Donkey Kong Country 3

hjKMMeR.jpg

Bought some UV protective acrylic cases that should be in soon.

Also on the digital front. Resident Evil 4 on steam and Garden Warfare on Xbox One.

Where do you buy these cases? I would love some for my Chrono Trigger and SNES FF games.

Dude, nice. Season 3 has a phenomenal soundtrack.

Vanishing Underground, Mayfly Man, and The Lie in Leinster Gardens are my favorites. I can't stop listening to the last one... so many feelings.

I think I actually like S3's ost a bit more than the others, but that might be due to the use of a more electronic sound than just the usual strings. I also have a lot more favorites off this ost than the other two due to more feels actually.

Lestrade - The Movie (yeah yeah, but it's a fantastic piece) and The Lie in Leinster Gardens are at least two of those favorites.

Drain You

BrettWeir

Didn't post this last month, so will this month. And don't care what y'all say, the thing is completely bad ass.

ibv5gO37BduI7T.JPG

i9nnWQ5bZsGzg.JPG

Damn, I like that Taiga. What set/version is that, if I may ask?

Got it lightly used from AmiAmi. That is the Standard Nendoroid Taiga, I wish I had found the special edition one that comes with her smiling face but this really looks like her so I am happy.

Smokey

Superb cable management.

Keep in mind that Windows 8.1 has a mouse lag bug that needs to be manually fixed for every game you play.

Didn't know that either. I just moved from 8 to 8.1 a few days ago. Seems to be a simple fix:

Just upgraded to 8.1 a few days ago. Looked it up...Seems a simple fix though ...right click game .exe -> compatibility -> run this in compat mode for windows 8. Check the box on that same tab that says "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings".

Unless that's wrong..someone feel free to correct me

Voidance

Didn't post this last month, so will this month. And don't care what y'all say, the thing is completely bad ass.

ibv5gO37BduI7T.JPG

i9nnWQ5bZsGzg.JPG
Goddamn! Very nice, dude. I always love seeing timepiece pickups on here.

One of these days, I'll have a job that will allow me to join the club. :^)

Man, I really want to start a manga collection. It'll be expensive though.

I will tell you right now. It is an expensive hobby, however the key is to be smart in what Manga series you are collecting and most of all, shop smart!
I buy all my Manga online (only once in a blue moon, in stores) and I check prices across Amazon, Amazon marketplace sellers and The Book Depository.

I used to have a TON of manga but over the years I decided to sell them and cut my collection down to only those that I truly appreciate.

Top Bottom