• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show us your gaming goods!

tomedo

image-4F6E_4BD8614C.jpg

image-6E65_4BED6F0F.jpg

Dirk Shmiggler said:
110kkkh.jpg

Genuine issue P.38 from WWII.. has all correct waffenamts and eagle/swastika proofs..and serial numbers matching. officer issue. valued around $1200. i had been cleaning it and forgot to put the rear sight back on for the pic...

Shoots in 3 inch groups, some almost 70 years later. German engineering apparently is timeless.. feels like a bank vault in those terms..

*standard WWII collection disclaimer*
"I in no way endorse the actions of the group that this sprang from, purely from a curio and relic point of view"

Imagine shooting this thing... it is perfectly balanced... I have found an entirely new hobby b/c of this acquisition...

That'll turn some heads at the range. Nice pick up.

Baconbitz

Banned
P1000854.jpg

Sonic Classic Collection
Water bottle
Sonic Wallet
rocketfish webcam
sleepy sun - embrace
digital camera lenses. One is for shooting farther and the other gives you a bigger picture
WW DIY
a628a3de.jpg

Those are my bday gifts

mehdi_san

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Incredible pick-up month!
Went to Barcelona's Comic Expo during free comic day (first time here in Spain) and it was awesome. Also bought some things during the week.
All Pick-ups:

In more detail:
-Blacksad: awesome european comic books, drawn and written by two spanish authors (Diaz Canales and Guarnido) that work in Disney animation Studios. The drawing is absolutly superb colored in watercolors and the story is also great, detective adventures in a post-world war II hypothetical america.
wv1oo2.jpg
Blacksad is one of my favorite comic book ever. The drawings are incredible, and I love the way they use different animals to represent people's race or character. I haven't read them in years though, I should try to find them again.

OMG OMG OMG OMG. EXITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!! :D:D:D:D
6 LONG YEARS OF WAITING !!! and now its finally here!

Sorry in advance for the crappy pix my new camera in on the way :)

P5150261.jpg

P5150262.jpg

Only need the 3 books and the AW faceplate that are in mailing right now!!!

I've never posted in one of these threads but I just finished building my new PC, so I feel like showing it off a little.

Samsung PX2370:
1zcfo7l.jpg

Logitech Illuminated Ultrathin Keyboard (I love this keyboard):
xm5s21.jpg

96b0wg.jpg

ASUS P6X58D-E LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard,
CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W Power Supply,
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB DDR3 1600 Memory,
Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB Graphics card,
Intel Core i7-930 2.8Ghz CPU
all in a CM690 II Case
10pn1wx.jpg

I'm very happy with it:D
fx7yq1.jpg

Ignore the very old ugly desk.

mehdi_san said:
Blacksad is one of my favorite comic book ever. The drawings are incredible, and I love the way they use different animals to represent people's race or character. I haven't read them in years though, I should try to find them again.

They are really awesome. I read the 2nd volume yesterday and it was even better than the first one. Now im in the third and seems to be just as good.
BTW a new Blacksad was confirmed by the authors this month. Its going to be released at the end of 2010 beginning of 2011.

The only thing I dont like is that they are too short. Would love to get something as big as watchmen with this story and drawing style.

mjc

Almost every European comic that I've seen online has been fantastic looking. Its a shame I can't find anyone selling them to US readers though :(

WEGGLES

The Dutch Slayer said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG. EXITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!! :D:D:D:D
6 LONG YEARS OF WAITING !!! and now its finally here!

Sorry in advance for the crappy pix my new camera in on the way :)

P5150261.jpg

Only need the 3 books and the AW faceplate that are in mailing right now!!!
Holy moley the scale is throwin me off. At first I thought you had a miniature version of the game :lol

What are those cut out/foldup things? Or the big things in the plastic wrap?

isny

napkin dispenser
_dementia said:
hey i think that gun was posted in this thread

I found that pretty amusing. Was wondering when someone would put the two together.

It really does look like the same gun.

Android18a said:
Haven't posted for ages, so here's me catching up:

2i9tug7.jpg

-Ouran High School Host Club box set DVD. Heard good things about it, so took the £18 plunge.
You won't regret it. I just finished the anime series, and it was great. A hilarious show.

mehdi_san

SpacePirate Ridley said:
They are really awesome. I read the 2nd volume yesterday and it was even better than the first one. Now im in the third and seems to be just as good.
BTW a new Blacksad was confirmed by the authors this month. Its going to be released at the end of 2010 beginning of 2011.

The only thing I dont like is that they are too short. Would love to get something as big as watchmen with this story and drawing style.
Awesome news. My Spanish level is not that good, so I'm gonna wait for the French release. The other volumes were released in French pretty quickly :) I don't know if there's an English version of the first ones though (someone was asking for it, you may wanna try amazon US or UK).

WEGGLES said:
Holy moley the scale is throwin me off. At first I thought you had a miniature version of the game :lol
What are those cut out/foldup things? Or the big things in the plastic wrap?
Commercial stands but not setting them up yet no room at the moment :lol

no gaming goods until Red Dead Redemption.
Spent my money all on a dedicated stereo setup for the other room.

714vnk.jpg

xe3f5h.jpg

Pro-Ject Expression III turntable

s3lvkl.jpg

Rotel CD player
Rotel Pre-amp
Rotel Amplifier
Cambridge Audio phono stage

wrynv8.jpg

Some interconnects I made to custom length

wwhqw3.jpg

Paradigm Reference Studio 60's speakers and the whole get up

Hilfemaster

Neo Member
isny said:
I found that pretty amusing. Was wondering when someone would put the two together.

It really does look like the same gun.

the gun on that cover is a Luger. The gun posted earlier is a P38 that was made to replace the Luger because it was too expensive and time consuming to make.

JEKKI

new pickup!

dedicated to the main dood,

Auron Kale!!

11bj8yt.jpg

man they got hella stuff at that store too... I needa go back one day with more money.

**bikini lady pic**

Society expects females to conform to this unreachable, highly objectified, . . . and very sexy standard. But, it's an incredibly well composed shot, the bikini brief just barely hanging off her foot just clinches it.

edgefusion

major_killjoy said:
**bikini lady pic**

Society expects females to conform to this unreachable, highly objectified, . . . and very sexy standard. But, it's an incredibly well composed shot, the bikini brief just barely hanging off her foot just clinches it.

But.... that's not even what a human looks like. She looks more like a na'vi or some spindly alien thing. If I saw an ad like that in person I'd be more disturbed than anything else. They managed to make what is supposed to be a human being fall into the realm of uncanny valley.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
edgefusion said:
But.... that's not even what a human looks like. She looks more like a na'vi or some spindly alien thing. If I saw an ad like that in person I'd be more disturbed than anything else. They managed to make what is supposed to be a human being fall into the realm of uncanny valley.

Dude who cares? I need to live in Paris...

Dirk Shmiggler

Neo Member
Hilfemaster said:
the gun on that cover is a Luger. The gun posted earlier is a P38 that was made to replace the Luger because it was too expensive and time consuming to make.

Absolutely correct. If in WWII, i'd rather be issued a P38, for my collection, i'd rather have a Luger. Lugers were very complicated and finicky and not so great if you needed one. The P38 was the first modern firearm which the sidearm that our military currently uses was copied from (Beretta M9).

It's a really cool piece... My next stop will be a Luger or a Nambu

P.S. GAWD that bikini lady is hot... holy shit...

.hacked

new member of the family, his name is Winchester and he is a 5 month old English Springer Spaniel.

25fkh8x.jpg

55qx5g.jpg

izuj9u.jpg

ve0io2.jpg

Only been home for a few hours and he is already getting along with the other dogs. Such a good boy!!!!

FF13 from K-mart sale.
2h3zs3t.jpg

G-Shocks. Wanted to get G-shocks for a while now I finally did and I love 'em. Hard to take photos because of how reflective they are.
Left is the GA100-1A1(All black/Stealth,Ana-digi, negative display)
Right is the GW-6900-1(Black with regular display, digital, Solar, Multi Band 6-adjusts time automatically with the nearest atomic clock signal)
2up7592.jpg

i1hdfp.jpg

Blurry wrist shot of the GA100-1A1. Love the Matte Black with the negative display. Gives it a bad ass military/special ops look. just under 50mm wide but its very light.
dy3imb.jpg

Helmholtz

.hacked said:
new member of the family, his name is Winchester and he is a 5 month old English Springer Spaniel.

Only been home for a few hours and he is already getting along with the other dogs. Such a good boy!!!!
I've had the same breed of dog for ~ 12 years, except mine has black fur instead of brown. Awesome dog :D

Mercutio

So this is a lousy photo, but a pretty exciting discovery.

hulmebag.jpg

I found this leather bag in a vintage store in Brooklyn. It was only $50 and I'd been pining after a nice leather messenger / document bag. The price was right, I bought it and left.

Later that night, I started examining my new purchase. Firstly, there was a strange company logo on the front (removed, as you can see) and the inside looked INCREDIBLY recent. Laptop area recent. I found a tag in it, and went to the website on the tag.

Here's my bag.

http://www.jwhulmeco.com/Merchant2/...gory_Code=COGNAC_PROFESSIONAL&Product_Count=1

Mine seems to be in a color of leather called "Roosevelt" though. Looks like it was an unwanted corporate gift... it was entirely unused when I found it. All the scratches and dings thus far are my doing. :D

Now that we are halfway through the month here are my pickups so far.

The three Zelda posters from Club Nintendo. Ignore the games holding them down, I just needed some paperweights.

My Star Wars fix for the month. I have been meaning to catchup on The Clone Wars for a while now.

Game & Watch: Ball from the Japanese Club Nintendo.

I never owned Mega Man 2 so I decided to pickup this copy which is pretty much mint.

ZerotypeX

ExtraKr1spy said:
FF13 from K-mart sale.
http://i40.tinypic.com/2h3zs3t.jpg[img]

G-Shocks. Wanted to get G-shocks for a while now I finally did and I love 'em. Hard to take photos because of how reflective they are.
Left is the GA100-1A1(All black/Stealth,Ana-digi, negative display)
Right is the GW-6900-1(Black with regular display, digital, Solar, Multi Band 6-adjusts time automatically with the nearest atomic clock signal)
[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/2up7592.jpg[img]
[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/i1hdfp.jpg[img]

Blurry wrist shot of the GA100-1A1. Love the Matte Black with the negative display. Gives it a bad ass military/special ops look. just under 50mm wide but its very light.
[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/dy3imb.jpg[/mg][/QUOTE]

Nice, I recently picked up the same G-Shock GW 6900-1 on Amazon

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Zero0X19/Video%20game%20crap/DSC00127.jpg

Also picked up these...
DSC00133a.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

I am loving the SGP Neo Hybrid case for the Iphone. Not as bulky as my other cases for the phone.

Top Bottom