• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show us your gaming goods!

bjacpuqaa3kaoj5w0.jpg

cakefoo

wbfimq.jpg

Bought the white and will return the black ones for numerous reasons:

-one of the black flips had 2 static dots burned into every video. like dead pixels, but on the sensor itself, just like my pos kodak.
-i didn't like the rubbery surface. white has a smooth plastic shell, easier for sliding in and out of its case.

They also happened to have a deal on Amazon where you get $30 off for buying 2 Flips. Perfect for me :p

I also ordered a Shick Quattro from Walmart, but received this instead:

104jng3.jpg

What is God telling me?

Bii said:
Lovin' your pick-ups. Reminds me that I need to get a battery grip for my XTi. I've had my camera for a few years but have yet to buy one for it. Although, there was only one event/situation where the battery had died on me and wasn't able to take any pictures for the rest of the night...but it's better to be safe than sorry, I suppose. I'm not sure what your level of photography knowledge is but if you're considering getting a new lens, the Canon 50mm f/1.8 is a great prime lens to start out with. It's relatively cheap (~$100), sharp and does well in low-light parameters.

I like the battery grip, because it extends the grip of the cam and makes the cam heavier. Feels good.
And yes, the 50mm f/1.8 will be my next lens. It's cheap and good enough for a beginner like me.

MaizeRage25 said:
Congratulations!

Last week I bought this awesome little card.

241tmjq.jpg

Now I'm finally ready for some DirectX 11 action, fuck yeah! :D

Just kiddin. I need the card for my third monitor.

Barney

Neo Member
cakefoo said:
wbfimq.jpg

Bought the white and will return the black ones for numerous reasons:

-one of the black flips had 2 static dots burned into every video. like dead pixels, but on the sensor itself, just like my pos kodak.
-i didn't like the rubbery surface. white has a smooth plastic shell, easier for sliding in and out of its case.

They also happened to have a deal on Amazon where you get $30 off for buying 2 Flips. Perfect for me :p

I also ordered a Shick Quattro from Walmart, but received this instead:

104jng3.jpg

What is God telling me?

Congrats! I was planning to get one. How is the quality?

cakefoo

The colon cleanser was weird because at first I heard a ball rolling around inside and thought "Wow, that'd be messy." But apparently it's just pills...

About the Flips - I'd been using 2 of the rubbery black finish the last couple weeks now, and did a lot of comparisons with the Sanyo Xacti VPC-CG10. It was a bit of a toss-up for me, but in the end I'm happy I chose the Flip. Battery: the included rechargeable lasts 2 hours compared to the Xacti's ~45min, and uses AA's (eneloop performance is also 2hr) compared to the Xacti's proprietary batteries which cost 3x as much and last half as long. The Flip records 8GB (2 hours of HD) while the Xacti requires SDHC cards purchased separately. PQ is very sharp outdoors, with very accurate colors and very fast autofocus/exp compensation. Indoor performance is grainier than the Xacti, but walking around, the Flip pq looked sharper and in focus more.

The Xacti has a flip-out lcd screen, and takes 12MP stills (though it's been speculated they're really more like 10MP effective) and includes a flash. It has a macro mode and has a 5x optical zoom compared to the Flip's no macro and 2x digital-only zoom. It has a manual mode with ISO, shutter, and aperture control, available for both stills and video, but each setting is scattered unintuitively in the menus and it loses the point-and-shoot charm.

The Flip has none of those features, but there is a pretty popular DIY .45x wide angle & macro lens mod available for $22, which I'm happy with (though I'm waiting to superglue it permanently until I'm dead-set on the color).

In the end I favored the Flip for its battery life, picture and overall simplicity.

ngower

Giant Robot said:
no gaming goods until Red Dead Redemption.
Spent my money all on a dedicated stereo setup for the other room.

714vnk.jpg

xe3f5h.jpg

Pro-Ject Expression III turntable

s3lvkl.jpg

Rotel CD player
Rotel Pre-amp
Rotel Amplifier
Cambridge Audio phono stage

wrynv8.jpg

Some interconnects I made to custom length

wwhqw3.jpg

Paradigm Reference Studio 60's speakers and the whole get up

Oh man, completely envious right now. I want the Pro-Ject, going to get it after I get some college debt paid off from the Bank of Mom.

I just picked up some new wiring for my system from Blue Jeans Cable, definitely needed something as my $15 IC's and speaker wire aren't cutting it.

For purchases....

4616449549_15a20420b2_b.jpg

4617064346_2abc4a82c3_b.jpg

4617072184_6cb9f4f84b_b.jpg

Not pictures is BSS' latest album or my admission deposit to Warren Wilson College for the fall! WOOO!!!! Getting out of community college:D

bPod

April & May has my wallet screaming for help!

IMG_0377.jpg

Anubis: Special Edition
Super Street Fighter IV: Collector's Edition

IMG_0380.jpg

Live Free or Die Hard
Up
Killzone 2
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
Bayonetta

IMG_0381.jpg

Tritton AX720 - Simply Amazing!

There were at least 75 people at the store tonight. [faint]

I'm glad I went though!

IMG_0040-1.jpg

IMG_0039-1.jpg

IMG_0044-1.jpg

IMG_0046-1.jpg

IMG_0047-1.jpg

IMG_0043-1.jpg

IMG_0042-1.jpg

IMG_0048-1.jpg

IMG_0050-1.jpg

IMG_0049-1.jpg

There were these hot ass Rockstar chicks handing out TNT sticks and shirts. They ran out of sticks by the time they got to me. :( Now I just need me some playing cards and maybe a lanyard and I'll be good. :D

See you all online!

zugzug

yeah color me jealous of that Employee Launch kit of Red Dead Redemption. *runs to ebay in the next 3 weeks to find Red Dead shirts hopefully*

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
let me try this again!

4618307700_1a367f9aa5.jpg

The Board is 3 Wonders :)
4617693149_c6eec66b6e.jpg

Cave Matsuri Cork Deathsmile coasters turned up - Ketsui hold all, Ketsui cap, posters, DDP DOJ Iphone cover, etc etc still to arive.
4617691811_7fa42bd443.jpg

D4->21 Pin RGB convertor so i can save some cash on some PCBs and play X360 via the Sony Profeel monitor
4617692409_d55e54c844.jpg

Graffitti style Mario Painting by "The Arcade Artist" to add to the collection
4618305872_71eb556bfd.jpg

2TB storage space to use for dumping things from my old PC for use on the new MBP.

+ Monster Hunter Wii
+ online stuff:

Peace Walker , Afterburner , Rocket Knight, XBLI stuff

.hacked said:
new member of the family, his name is Winchester and he is a 5 month old English Springer Spaniel.

So cute! :D :D :D

Have you ever had a Springer before? We got one last August after previously owning two Irish Setters. I'd always known they were bonkers, but trust me, you know when people say their pet has 'character'? That phrase was designed for Springers. Everyday is complete and utter madness, especially when they're young :D

I just hope you have the physical and mental energy to keep up with him! :lol

Thanks JEKKI for the shout and glad you found the shirt! :D

A few random items...

74941a9c.jpg

Shounen GanGan (June issue) & its bonus items:
ff69a832.jpg

db146579.jpg

a676f8a8.jpg

103353b7.jpg

And in keeping with a slight FMA theme (though the number is my birthday):

976f3cc3.jpg

453ea164.jpg

Not pictured are two boxes of mixed berry Pocky, June issue of Newtype, and some hair wax by Spice Sisters.

robot

DCharlie said:
let me try this again!

4618307700_1a367f9aa5.jpg

The Board is 3 Wonders :)

Been thinking of picking up 3 Wonders for my cab - is it a standard jamma board? I only own an MVS for my cab and was thinking of getting into some board collecting, but it seems pretty damn confusing every time I find a game I like.

Drame

fmnhc0.jpg

Anjunabeats Worldwide 02 off iTunes.

acvjmh.jpg

Level 49 & 50, gamesTM 95 and Edge's & Pelaaja's May issues.

1z2lzcj.jpg

Bangkok Days, Phoenix Wright vol. 1 & 2 and Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei vol. 6.

14b3hxc.jpg

s2t8bs.jpg

2rcmkg4.jpg

Bleach: Dark Souls, Bleach: The Blade of Fate, Nier, Lost Planet 2 and Paprika.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Been thinking of picking up 3 Wonders for my cab - is it a standard jamma board? I only own an MVS for my cab and was thinking of getting into some board collecting, but it seems pretty damn confusing every time I find a game I like.

Yup, it's a standard JAMMA board.

Most of the games out there conform to JAMMA, where you run into problems is with stuff prior to '86 or some of the fruity board standards (Sega's System16 games etc) for which you'll need to buy the appropriate harness.

If you need any help, there's a fair few of us on here that can help ! :D

DCharlie said:
Yup, it's a standard JAMMA board.

Most of the games out there conform to JAMMA, where you run into problems is with stuff prior to '86 or some of the fruity board standards (Sega's System16 games etc) for which you'll need to buy the appropriate harness.

If you need any help, there's a fair few of us on here that can help ! :D

Maybe we need a separate thread, like You Too Can Have a Home Arcade, with stuff about the different board types, info on superguns, where to get boards etc

Frostburn

I was doing a good job of not buying games and chewing through my backlog...

262b0k8.jpg

From Kmart when it was on sale:

1zyu836.jpg

And bought a new point and shoot (I haven't had a camera worth using in the past 8 years) I need to learn the ins and outs of this thing as it is a bit more powerful then most P&S cameras. PM me any good tips or sites please! Now to save up for Photoshop! I have a version of PS7 laying around somewhere too but not even sure if it would be worth installing on my Windows 7 machine.

dcfny9.jpg

j791ug.jpg

another copy of DJ Hero... super glossy fingerprint edition.

16axzrb.jpg

biggest expensive this month goes to my car though... new rear shocks, tires, and an alignment. Now I need to get the generic chrome centercaps since I'm not false flaggin the Vouges!

97urva.jpg

and this shirt!

vsexdc.jpg

jergrah

//All iPhone Pics - So apologies for lack of quality

Heard good things, so picked it up yesterday - digging it so far --
92075940.jpg

Lots o' Stuff -- Scott Pilgrim Series // Games - Some New and a few Im LTTP to buying // Background image is GTAIV:Ballad of Gay Tony that I bought during the sale last week
kaao.jpg

Yay for Steam on Macs!! Torchlight Get!
gf1v.jpg

And my best pickup of the year thus far - the Miele Capricorn - the most badass vacuum on the market --
h3we.jpg

bgwi.jpg

Majine

Banned
Damn you America. Use your technology to speed up the earths rotation, so it can be friday faster, and we europeans can get that game you got yesterday.

Struct09

I was supposed to get RDR today, but UPS lost my package :-/

I felt like this was the appropriate place to complain about it.

Top Bottom