• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Thought we could use a nice thread like this. A nice thread filled with pics/info and gaming pride.

Everyone post up your latest purchases/pick ups/findings! Take pics! Hopefully we can have a new thread ever month filled with goodies. :)

Here's what I got today:

Nov. 21, 2006. Today NeoGAF member Ace R. and I went to Best Buy and Fry's here in San Diego... did a little bit of shopping here's what I ended up getting today.

303351235_530245f32b.jpg

Since I ended up getting both a PLAYSTATION 3 and a Wii over the weekend, I thought I might as well upgrade my internet connection. I had an old 1998 cable modem that wasn't cutting it anymore. It is now replaced with this Linksys one. $69.99.

303351076_e18e48ef99.jpg

Also since Wii and PS3 supported WiFi out the box, I had to take advantage of it. $49.99

303351424_4b80b7c67f.jpg

My newest BRD movie, only $14.99 at Fry's.

303351332_e838e32d4c.jpg

Ahh yes. I've been waiting for this one. $9.99. Victorious Boxers 2: Fighting Spirit. Based on the Japanese Ippo All-Stars game.

303351545_df1860a280.jpg

I've been meaning to get Phoenix Wright for a looong time now... but what sold me today was the fact that Fry's had the sequel for $39.99... so I was like hell, might as well. $29.99 for Phoenix Wright btw.

That's my mini shopping spree for today.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
$40 for PW2? You got thoroughly ripped off.

That`s the japanese version, which has best deal status here in Japan. The game is on sale for 2900 yen.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
TheTrin said:

That`s the japanese version, which has best deal status here in Japan. The game is on sale for 2900 yen.

$40 ain't bad... I may have paid a few bucks more... but I didn't have to wait for shipping or pay for shipping either...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
zeldatprc1.jpg

picked that baby today, only copy left in gamestop. but no wii means I cant play till friday ;_;

Elite Beat Agents
Mega Man Zero 3
Slither DVD
Final Fantasy III
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Costco Wii Bundle
- Wii Sports
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- Excite Truck

will prolly post up pics sometime tmrw, but will leave with this one:

wiims1.jpg

friend playing wii on projector. :)

llTll

Banned
i dont have the pictures now but this month i bought xbox 360 along with gears of war and ps3 along with with R:FOM and RR7.

truth to be told. i am not playing ps3 as much as xbox 360.

ps3 is a good system though [ and very sexy ]. but xbox 360 is just a winner this year for Gears of war alone.

i have been dying to download motorstorm on ps3 but with 512kps dsl connection @ home and sometimes it gets d/c, there is no way in hell i will be able to download it " does the ps3 download resume downloading if it got d/c or not yet ?"

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
it's been some month ...

PS3
-----
A PS3!
Mahjong Fight club
Gundam
RR7
Resistance
Genji 2
Golf

Bluray
-------
Kingdom of Heaven
Kung Fu Hustle
Memento
The Unforgiven
Million Dollar Baby

X360
------
COD3
Gears of war
Marvel Ultimate alliance
FEAR
FIFA 2007
NFS: Carbon
Viva! Pinata
Rainbow 6

DS
----
Elite Beat Angels
Gyakuten Saiban 2

PSP
----
MOH:Heroes

Wii
----
1 US Wii
Zelda
Trauma Center
Excite Truck
Red Steel
Rayman Raving Rabbits
Call of Duty
Madden

Still to go?
that Bravia 52 inch X2500 is looking nice, but the projector still looks great :/
hmm... decissions.
Culdcept at some point
The new castlevania

You gotta tell me how Kingdon of Heaven looks on bluray in Hi-def. As well, is it the theatrical release or the director's cut? I just picked up the director's cut and it is fan-****ing-tastic.

llTll

Banned
Tieno said:
Are you actually able to play all those games?

i was about to ask him the same thing. i mean.. Medal of honor Heros on PSP??

wtf u r the first one i know who got the game even

Acosta

A Playstation 3 (still in the slow as hell custom office of this damned country)

Ridge Racer 7 (the same)

And that is, PS3 is expensive enough to hurt my money assignment for videogames and I don´t have limitless credit as D(iamond VISA)charlie ;)

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
wtf u r the first one i know who got the game even

are you joking? it kicks so much ass that it's yet another reason why the PSP rocks!

I don't get to play all the games as much as i like, but when work winds down i definitely will.

I'm hoarding nuts for winter (when i get fired) or something...

Started off with this:
final-fantasy-iii-box-art.jpg

Exploded with this:
nintendo_wii_1.jpg

classicwii.jpg

box.jpg

And for some reason, while looking for an extra wiimote and nunchuk, I was compelled to finish the month of November with this:
box_110030.jpg

box_107711.jpg

hadareud

The Translator
DCharlie said:
it's been some month ...
you seem to have too much money DCharlie.

I think it's time you used some of it for the community, and by community I mean me. Should you feel the urge to ask for my paypal address I shall oblige.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
MarkMan said:
$40 ain't bad... I may have paid a few bucks more... but I didn't have to wait for shipping or pay for shipping either...

Well, $15 is a lot of money when you think about it. And shipping from Play Asia on registered mail is free from them as well. You`d have to wait, but you would`ve had time to play the first game while you wait!

On topic, I have bought quite a bit this month, but I have to wait until I get home to post more photos and such...

medrew

TheTrin said:

He'd still have to import it. Add on the shipping and the peace of mind of having the game in his hand without potential for sabotage, and I'd say $40 is a fair price to pay.

edit: it seems my post is redundant on second viewing of the thread.

oreelios

Wow that speaker in front of that TV is quite an eyesore.

As for me I'm just waiting anxiously for my Wii and TP to come in the mail :D

Aurelius

oreelios said:
Wow that speaker in front of that TV is quite an eyesore.
Yeah, i know. The TV just got delivered yesterday, I’ll probably end up hanging it on the wall. But it sounds good. :D

DCharlie said:
it's been some month ...

PS3
-----
A PS3!
Mahjong Fight club
Gundam
RR7
Resistance
Genji 2
Golf

Bluray
-------
Kingdom of Heaven
Kung Fu Hustle
Memento
The Unforgiven
Million Dollar Baby

X360
------
COD3
Gears of war
Marvel Ultimate alliance
FEAR
FIFA 2007
Viva! Pinata
Rainbow 6

DS
----
Elite Beat Angels
Gyakuten Saiban 2

PSP
----

Wii
----
1 US Wii
Zelda
Trauma Center
Excite Truck
Red Steel
Rayman Raving Rabbits
Call of Duty
Madden

Still to go?
that Bravia 52 inch X2500 is looking nice, but the projector still looks great :/
hmm... decissions.
Culdcept at some point
The new castlevania

I'm wondering the same. Do you review games for a living? And/or Is gaming your full time job? If not, how do you find time to truly enjoy all of that entertainment? I have problems finding time to get a good session of RR7 in during the week. :(

But seriously, is it possible to enjoy all that? And if so, how do ya do it?!

BTW, I picked up a PS3, and RR7. That's about all.

Zaptruder

Banned
JeffDowns said:
I'm wondering the same. Do you review games for a living? And/or Is gaming your full time job? If not, how do you find time to truly enjoy all of that entertainment? I have problems finding time to get a good session of RR7 in during the week. :(

But seriously, is it possible to enjoy all that? And if so, how do ya do it?!

BTW, I picked up a PS3, and RR7. That's about all.

DCharlie and wife are avid avid gamers but don't work in the industry.

They simply dump all their spare change into gaming.

Where the average american might be all... oh lets get a big gas guzzling bitch of a car, DCharlie and Wife are all like; oh lets get those arcade cabinets!

37 inch aquos (although that was more late october)
FFXII
Gears of War
FFIII DS
And a failed attempt to get a Wii

Zaptruder said:
DCharlie and wife are avid avid gamers but don't work in the industry.

They simply dump all their spare change into gaming.

Where the average american might be all... oh lets get a big gas guzzling bitch of a car, DCharlie and Wife are all like; oh lets get those arcade cabinets!

Oh, I wasn't talking about the money aspect. I'm just wondering where they find the time to really enjoy all of those titles.

Mar

Mine isn't as interesting as you guys seeing as we've yet to have our next gen launches over here (Wii in two weeks!).

BrainAge_USBOX2006-ratedboxart_160w.jpg

CapcomClassics_PSPBOX-Trared_2006boxart_160w.jpg

ccc_reloaded_box_frontboxart_160w.jpg

And in two days:

packshotcuteboxart_160w.jpg
x2

I actually have another 5 DS games I want to buy on import. However I don't have the cash at the moment. Far too many good games coming out.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
287384296_3b63d3c862_b.jpg

Sakura Wars Complete Box

Also, Lumines II and EBA. I think that's all I picked up this month. I'll be buying more in December once I go home for break and have my consoles again.

Diablos

DCharlie said:
it's been some month ...

PS3
-----
A PS3!
Mahjong Fight club
Gundam
RR7
Resistance
Genji 2
Golf

Bluray
-------
Kingdom of Heaven
Kung Fu Hustle
Memento
The Unforgiven
Million Dollar Baby

X360
------
COD3
Gears of war
Marvel Ultimate alliance
FEAR
FIFA 2007
Viva! Pinata
Rainbow 6

DS
----
Elite Beat Angels
Gyakuten Saiban 2

PSP
----

Wii
----
1 US Wii
Zelda
Trauma Center
Excite Truck
Red Steel
Rayman Raving Rabbits
Call of Duty
Madden

Still to go?
hmm... decissions.
Culdcept at some point
The new castlevania
Someone's rich!

Scott

bahahamr0.jpg

:D

I actually bought quite a few more games than this, but I figured this was the most noteworthy... well, when it comes to wandering into the realm of self-parody, at least. :p

Reilly

GodHand_PS2Box_USfinalboxart_160w.jpg

:)

I suggest to anyone who likes Action/Beat'em Up games to buy this. It's only $30 and worth every penny....if you can find it.

Geoff9920

Gears of War
Lumines Live
Contra

PS2
Final Fantasy XII

DVD (not quite gaming related...)
Se7en
Chasing Amy Criterion
Mall Rats 10th Anniversary
Cars

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
New TV - Pioneer PDP-4271HD Plasma

360 Console
Gears of War
Geometry Wars
Lumines Live + Advanced Pack

FF12 Collector's Edition + Guide

FF5 GBA + Guide

FF3 DS + Guide

(I collect RPG guides)

Brother got:
Wii Console
Extra remote
Component Cables (on backorder from NOA)
Trauma Center
Excite Truck
Zelda

Geoff9920

travisbickle said:
Doesn't that make you part of the problem :(

Just Gitaroo Man for PSP this month.
And Vice City for PC cause it was cheap.
I guess it does. :( But I didn't buy the advance pack!! That's got to count for something. :p I made the mistake of downloading the trial, after that, I was hooked.

Ace R.

I'll put up some pics tonight of the Bravia in action. All I can say is 1080p is no joke. Especially for my eyes since I upgraded from a 1995 20 inch Magnavox I won in a bowling tournament:lol . Hey it treated me good over the years but there was no way in hell I was hookin up the PS3 to that thing

But nice pick ups everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom