• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf Political/Moral Compass 2019 Thread : No but seriously, are you a Nazi?

brap

Formerly 'xXxKi$$e$&Razorblade$xXx'
Jan 9, 2018
I couldn't make it through this test. Wiping the floor with a flag? What the fuck do I care? My morals aren't defined by what I'd impose on others. Weird questions IMO.
You're not supposed to fuck with a flag

• Triggered
Reactions: KojimaLovesMiyazaki

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
I dislike the men's only club being sued by feminist question.
Do they asked me if i'm okay with them being allowed to sue, or if i'm okay with a men's only club.

So the club is fine. The feminist should be allowed to sue. They should lose.
I think the feminists can sue, or at least file a suit. I also think the judge should be able to wipe his or her ass with it and hand it back to them.

Reactions: Stimpak

Helios

Jun 13, 2018

• Your scores:
  • Care 83%
  • Loyalty 53%
  • Fairness 81%
  • Authority 61%
  • Purity 67%
  • Liberty 64%
Your strongest moral foundation is Care.

Your morality is closest to that of a Left-Liberal.

Guiberu

Jan 6, 2009
England
The conclusion / moral of the story I'm getting from this test is that generally, when you boil down to basics, most average people are going to be fairly caring, and open minded.

People are so quick these days to obfuscate those fundamental good parts, with whatever Political or Tribal label, and associated traits.

It's like different gangs of monkeys throwing shit at each other from across the food pile, when really they all just want to eat.

It's also worth noting that Political alignment meanings have changed significantly over not very much time. Being Liberal used to mean championing free speech, for example. As the name would imply. Not so much, these days.

Dirk Benedict

May 31, 2013
in Cursed Isz
  • Your scores:

• Care 67%
  • Loyalty 53%
  • Fairness 72%
  • Authority 53%
  • Purity 69%
  • Liberty 61%
Your strongest moral foundation is Fairness.

Funny thing is, I don't believe in increasing taxes, as the website implies. I'm probably more fiscally conservative and believe in utilizing the existing taxes in a more efficient manner, rather than adding more due to irresponsibility.
I'd consider myself more center left. I believe in complying with the law, or authority but not when those that represent the law, use it as a means to subvert my rights.
I believe in live and let live and don't fuck with me and I won't fuck with you.

In fact, I've grown more to the right in the last 5 years, than I can recall.

*Nightwing

Sep 24, 2014
Nope
Guess I really am a slightly right leaning centrist... If I thought these test had any value besides entertainment anyways.

• Your scores:
  • Care 100%
  • Loyalty 75%
  • Fairness 100%
  • Authority 83%
  • Purity 75%
  • Liberty 67%
You have no one strongest moral foundation.

Your morality is closest to that of a Conservative.

Bolivar687

Jun 13, 2014
USA

• Your scores:

• Care 100%
  • Loyalty 44%
  • Fairness 89%
  • Authority 50%
  • Purity 81%
  • Liberty 81%

I don't know about this one. Almost all of these things have either no moral dynamic to them at all or are wildly gross and irresponsible, with no nuance in between, let alone any morally laudable examples.

I'm so confused by what these bar graphs are trying to convey.

Last edited:

SpecialAgentZ

Feb 28, 2013
My results.
I don't identify myself as a conservative, since modern conservatives looks more like classical liberals...

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGreatYosh

SpartanN92

Sep 7, 2012
I do suffer from a condition, it’s called I care too much and it’s INCURABLE!!!

TheGreatYosh

Jul 19, 2018
Here's mine. Seems fairly accurate.

Your scores:
Care 69%
Loyalty 81%
Fairness 78%
Authority 97%
Purity 86%
Liberty 69%
Your strongest moral foundation is Authority.

TheGreatYosh

Jul 19, 2018
There was only one question I didn't answer, cause I felt like there was a typo. The one about the unlicensed practice.

iamblades

Mar 5, 2007

Seems about right i guess.

About the only question i gave the extreme answers to were about liberty vs authority.

The low care score is probably because all of the examples of people being a dick to other people didn't seem to cross a moral line to me so I just left them in the middle as neither moral or immoral. Same with the purity questions, I just left it in the middle cause, so I probably got a higher purity score than would otherwise be the case.

Last edited:

Papu

May 11, 2005
Damn, somehow I managed to take a Personality Type test instead of this by hitting the wrong button.

Shai-Tan

Mar 16, 2009
I already read Haid'ts book so it's kind of pointless to take the test because I know what all the questions are mapped to. Anyway, when I took it in the past on yourmorals.org I was "liberal" i.e. high care and equality, and low on loyalty, authority, purity (most test takers cluster on equity and autonomy). Anyhow, don't take the results too seriously:

Moral foundations theory (MFT) claims that individuals use their intuitions on five “virtues” as guidelines for moral judgment, and recent research makes the case that these intuitions cause people to adopt important political attitudes, including partisanship and ideology. New work in political science, however, demonstrates not only that the causal effect of moral foundations on these political predispositions is weaker than once thought, but it also opens the door to the possibility that causality runs in the opposite direction—from political predispositions to moral foundations. In this manuscript, I build on this new work and test the extent to which partisan and ideological considerations cause individuals’ moral foundations to shift in predictable ways. The results show that while these group-based cues do exert some influence on moral foundations, the effects of outgroup cues are particularly strong. I conclude that small shifts in political context do cause MFT measures to move, and, to close, I discuss the need for continued theoretical development in MFT as well as an increased attention to measurement.

Knch

Jan 12, 2009
Belgium
    • Your scores:

• Care 86%
    • Loyalty 19%
    • Fairness 72%
    • Authority 25%
    • Purity 19%
    • Liberty 64%

I do not think the test is all too great to determine political leanings because much of it really comes down to personal life and it does not, for instance, take into account whether you want something regulated or not. Also there were quite a few questions that lacked a bit of context to properly evaluate. Regarding the sibling fucking thing, it depends a bit on what "OK" is supposed to mean. If they make sure they do not procreate this way and it is consensual, it is none of my business and no one is harmed. I wouldn't do it myself, but why would I care if others decide to do it?
Thank fudge you're here or I'd have looked even more depraved than I actually am...

Your scores:
Care 89%
Loyalty 14%
Fairness 58%
Authority 14%
Purity 3%
Liberty 86%

Your morality is closest to that of a Libertarian.

Kinda strange how loyalty is so low, but I blame their absolute ass questions.

Mihos

Gold Member
May 10, 2009
steamcommunity.com
  • Your scores:
  • Care 44%
  • Loyalty 53%
  • Fairness 64%
  • Authority 56%
  • Purity 56%
  • Liberty 83%
Your strongest moral foundation is Liberty.