• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf Rock/Indie/Alt Music Thread (RockGAF?)

What are you reading into it? New tour? MBV releasing their own fuzz pedal?
Am I the only one who wonders why another remaster of Loveless is necessary? I thought the 2009 remaster already sounded pretty great.

New material, maybe. That'd be a weird way to tease it, but who knows.
And the new remaster is a very good news for record collectors. It has been out of print for decades (although it's pretty easy to find mediocre bootlegs).

overcast

About to check out this new Torres. Might catch her on tour next week too.

Definitely copping Isn't Anything and Loveless vinyls 👌🏻

YaBish

I'm curious what albums people in here are looking forward to for the rest of the year.

For me it's:
  • Courtney Barnett/Kurt Vile
  • St. Vincent
  • Destroyer
  • Julien Baker

Probably some more I'm forgetting. We're almost to the end of the year, and that's crazy.

nomster

I'm curious what albums people in here are looking forward to for the rest of the year.

For me it's:
  • St. Vincent
  • Destroyer
  • Julien Baker

Probably some more I'm forgetting. We're almost to the end of the year, and that's crazy.
Just started the Barnett/Vile album. Love the first two singles.

overcast

For me it's:
  • St. Vincent
  • Destroyer
  • Julien Baker

Those 4 + Jessie Ware and King Krule for me.

3 of which dropped today. Can't hang.

yagal

For me it's:
  • St. Vincent
  • Destroyer
  • Julien Baker

The first two are out

Too much stuff, I don't have enough time for all these releases ;(

Alpende

For me it's:
  • St. Vincent
  • Destroyer
  • Julien Baker

Noel Gallagher is releasing a new album, I really liked his previous ones so I'm looking forward to that. Other than that, not a whole lot. Maybe a few rap & hip-hop albums that are supposedly coming out in 2017

chris121580

The new Beck album is fantastic! I loved Morning Phase and this is the complete opposite of that. Great pop album. Seventh Heaven is one of my favorite songs of the year

YaBish

The first two are out

Too much stuff, I don't have enough time for all these releases ;(
Right, but at the time of post they were not ;)
Regardless, Vile/Barnett is solid as hell. Chemistry through the roof on that record.

Also St. Vincent's album is really Mass Seduction, when I was reading it as Mass Education the whole time haha

Reckoner

The first Vile/Barnett single is so cute

I'm not a fan of post Strange Mercy St. Vincent. Love Los Ageless tho.

King Krule new album felt like a keeper for me on a first listen. Also listened to the new Torres, but that will need some more spins.

faridmon

Apparently it was a well known thing amongst Real Estate fans and hence them not selling out in any of their gigs. Apparently Matt was a well known sexual aggressor but little did that leak outside of their circle.

Such a fucked up thing. Hope he rots.

yepyepyep

It's always very special seeing Low live but that was one for the ages. They did a special performance at the Union Chapel doing some new songs as one continuous piece only using a drum machine, loop pedal and church organ. Was a pretty quirky performance, they had props! Hopefully they release those tracks, they sounded really good. The organ and drum machine kind of reminded of Beach House and Nico's harmonium based albums.

Afterwards they played a few old songs rearranged for the organ set up. I almost died when they played Do You Know How to Waltz as the final song, I always wanted to see that song live!

big ander

It's always very special seeing Low live but that was one for the ages. They did a special performance at the Union Chapel doing some new songs as one continuous piece only using a drum machine, loop pedal and church organ. Was a pretty quirky performance, they had props! Hopefully they release those tracks, they sounded really good. The organ and drum machine kind of reminded of Beach House and Nico's harmonium based albums.

Afterwards they played a few old songs rearranged for the organ set up. I almost died when they played Do You Know How to Waltz as the final song, I always wanted to see that song live!
Ugh so jealous of this. Alan said on twitter that a lot of what they were playing on this setup was for a new album, but idk if it'll be arranged for just organ and drum machine on the record. He did say it was mostly Mim doing vocals which I'm down to hear.

yepyepyep

Ugh so jealous of this. Alan said on twitter that a lot of what they were playing on this setup was for a new album, but idk if it'll be arranged for just organ and drum machine on the record. He did say it was mostly Mim doing vocals which I'm down to hear.

Yeah there was a lot of Mimi vocals! Alan was harmonising more quietly during some of the songs. It kind of sounds like they are following the trajectory of Ones and Sixes but it is hard to say how they will record the final album. I wouldn't complain if it is just organ and drum machine haha.

Reckoner

Aren’t The Strokes supposed to release a new album this year? I absolutely loved Threat of Joy and think it is one of their best songs ever, but the only news I see are about Julian and The Voidz.

Aren’t The Strokes supposed to release a new album this year? I absolutely loved Threat of Joy and think it is one of their best songs ever, but the only news I see are about Julian and The Voidz.

Albert Hammond Sr. said they were back in the studio but Julian and Albert Jr. denied it. Seems they're not working on any projects for a while. Well Julian said "not till we have a significant idea" for an album.

Linius

Albert Hammond Sr. said they were back in the studio but Julian and Albert Jr. denied it. Seems they're not working on any projects for a while. Well Julian said "not till we have a significant idea" for an album.

Judging the last few albums they put out they haven't had significant ideas for while.

Digging the new St. Vincent, Courtney Barnett/Kurt Vile, and King Krule releases. St. Vincent never really appealed to me other than Digital Witness but I'm getting more into her stuff now.

I'm tempering my expectations for the MGMT single. I hope it sounds weird.

Famassu

I know this isn't necessarily the specific thread to ask about this, but I don't want to create a new thread just for this question and I figure someone here might know the answer.

I know Mike Patton has done a song that sounds like annoying high-pitched mosquito flying. I thought it was under Mr. Bungle but I'm not 100% sure of that. Does anyone know the name of the song, Bungle or not?

Top Bottom