• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF turns modern games into PSOne-era classics!

Amir0x

Banned
I thought this was too hilarious not to share (because of the talented individuals involved and their great sense of humour), and because I thought it'd be great to expand to an actual thread idea.

In The Last of Us Remastered topic, ascii42 made a joke about a PS1 version of Last Of Us:

JFuz1TY.png

That's when plainr_ took the baton and ran with it:

i8jBC0pYjw9ZS.jpg

i6D0LgkRkH3Rw.jpg

Then KyleFedora jumped in:

2ct82a3.png

So my challenge to you NeoGAF...

...recreate any modern game, from 360 gen up, into a PS1 classic. See what you come up with!

Edit:

I'm going to start going through the topic and putting up stand out works, but this one really went above and beyond, so I'll start with vio's PS1 version of Bioshock:

bioshockcosiy.jpg

bioanimated1iq1o.gif

NeoGAFer Lijik also took his hand, reimagining Watch Dogs as a sort of tongue-in-cheek platformer from the PS1 era:

iursIeZQAZmbp.png

jbQnO5bGq3XqA.png

ibs5siWZnC45eU.gif

He says the city textures came from Silent Hill, and the life count font was edited from Rayman.

hurzelein

Amazing! How did you guys do this?

Not many hours until this will be picked up by kotaku, ign or some other outlet!

NewGame

Banned
Interesting.

I mean, it looks similar to the style of Silent Hill/Dino Crisis/Metal Gear Solid. Those games had a bit more bite to their actual gameplay though...

It makes me wonder, if you preserved the voice acting and facial expressions (somehow) and released this back in the PS1 era would it of held up? Perhaps even getting the same acclaim? Voice acting and CGI cutscenes were a huge thing back then and actually sold games more so that the gameplay.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Ah hell yeah. Was really hoping someone would make this topic.

JP

Much simpler and quicker than TLoU screens. Crysis using images from Ghosts, Doom & Crysis itself.
crysis.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FUCK this is so good. SUBSCRIBED!

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Much simpler and quicker than TLoU screens. Crysis using images from Ghosts, Doom & Crysis itself.
crysis.png

Simpler and quicker no kidding. Games weren't actually so low-res that you couldn't read the HUDs.

Interesting.

I mean, it looks similar to the style of Silent Hill/Dino Crisis/Metal Gear Solid. Those games had a bit more bite to their actual gameplay though...

It makes me wonder, if you preserved the voice acting and facial expressions (somehow) and released this back in the PS1 era would it of held up? Perhaps even getting the same acclaim? Voice acting and CGI cutscenes were a huge thing back then and actually sold games more so that the gameplay.
OhYou.gif

Top Bottom