• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF turns modern games into PSOne-era classics!

rrs

I fixed this up a bit. Scaled with Nearest Neighbor resizing instead of bicubic or bilinear.

wGWbfBc.png

That looks quite nice, but more like a PS2 launch title ported from the PS1

JordanN

Banned
I'm gonna finish the Infamous scene.

As a preview, here's a newspaper stand (34 polygons, 64 x 128 texture)
ibkTARrSNRwpEU.png

iBlwoIREjt8yp.jpg

Kataploom

Gold Member
Oh god, I'm hoping to be free from my work and put myself in something for this thread, people is showing lot of inspiring stuff!!

Gurish

These two i would say are closer to PS2 level than PS1, I don't remember PS1 games looking so good, Snake barely had a face in MGS1!

Such model in PS1 days would be incredible, it's more on a low end PS2 title scale, but great job nevertheless.

Amir0x

Banned
These two i would say are closer to PS2 level than PS1, I don't remember PS1 games looking so good, Snake barely had a face in MGS1!

Such model in PS1 days would be incredible, it's more on a low end PS2 title scale, but great job nevertheless.

nah that's about right for a game with a pre-rendered background in later PS1 gen games, although the second one is a bit too clean on the Joel model to be sure.

A late gen PS1 model could look like this, even without pre-rendered backgrounds:

vagrantstorymjrni.jpg

theadsfatetyk6w.jpg

Although of course, a bit blurrier and not as clean edged obviously.

BibiMaghoo

How are people doing this? Other than removing colours, I can't seem to get anything remotely close to the level of downgrade shown here.

Tips from those that did good please.

Amir0x

Banned
Not mine and sorry if it's too clean, but it's just so good.

I've seen this one before, and i always don't know why this reminds me of Legend of Oasis from Saturn. The styles are of course wildly different, but I always think "Legend of Oasis" after I think Dark Souls.

Top Bottom