• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF turns modern games into PSOne-era classics!

Nibel

And my last one:

d9XttvK.png

A game that many people and myself included look forward to. :)

Dunkley

Why is it rated E?

It's because I took the Star Ocean 2 cover as base to go along with the style I chose,

and because I was secretly hoping that nobody would notice

Still, if P4 had been released back then with this kinda style, I do think the highest it would have gotten is T.

Holykael1

Banned
I can't believe how much some people are underestimating the power level of the PS1 XD

This is an awesome thread nevertheless.

TheGamer

I absolutely love this thread. Great work. I can't wait to see more games get turned into PSone era classics. Just hit the subscribed button.

In the Uncharterd 2 screen I recognize some assets and textures from Tomb Raider I. The door on the left and the wall texture, also on the left. Is that photoshoped or did you use the TRLE?

TVC 15

Neo Member
Drift Stage looks like a Sega Saturn game, no light sourcing on the polys, just really clean unfiltered textures. Go look Touge King the Spirits and you'll see what I mean. There's a couple of half decent JPN only drift racers on Saturn that look like that.

Lijik

this looks a lot worse than ps1 stuff.

People are remembering PS1 worse than it actually was lol

Still cool as hell and thanks for making them :D

The fog on the P4 one might be a bit much, but you can easily find ps1 RPGS in line with it in terms of sprites walking on simple isometric geometry:
kfWTktZ.jpg

The top one (is that Bloodborne? im not sure!) looks spot in for the scenery imo, but the models do kinda have a Medal of Honor Panzerknacker look going on lol
LQeFu6X.png

Top Bottom