• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Twitch Integration - Come Join the Beta!

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
We are happy to announce that NeoGAF users can now have their Twitch channels linked to their NeoGAF account! We are beta testing this new feature that will let avid streamers show others on NeoGAF when they're live-streaming, as well as adding a clickable link in user's profiles to their Twitch account even when they're offline. If you're interested in joining the beta, leave a comment below with a link to your Twitch channel - for the time being we are slowly phasing this feature in so accounts will need to be manually linked by a moderator.

This thread should also be used for feedback on the new Twitch features. Let us know what you'd like to see!

FAQ
Q: I copied my Twitch URL into this thread but the feature still isn't working. What gives?
A: As I said above, for the initial feature rollout we will be linking users account's manually. In the future, we are planning on having an automated system in place that will let users enter and verify their own Twitch ID. We may also limit this beta to a certain number of users to ensure everything is running smoothly, and we'll try to enable user's accounts on a first-come, first-served basis.

Q: Why? What do I get from this?
A: This helps Twitch streamers get more exposure on NeoGAF. To start with, this will add your Twitch link to your profile and will give users a link on your posts to your Twitch stream when you're broadcasting. More features are planned! Want something else? Let us know.

shpankey

not an idiot
Very cool! Not a streamer, just a watcher. Looking forward to seeing others though. :D

Last edited:

OH-MyCar

I don't have anything set-up yet, but I've intended on doing retro games in the future (bought a capture card so I can run them on original hardware).

cormack12

Gold Member
Neat! You get a little icon when streaming .....

20180325_2125024cus6.jpg

Shifty

It'd be neat if there was a way for gaf to 'wrap' a twitch stream and act as a sort of semi-private chat room.

That said, gaf is a forum and not an IM/chat client, so I can see the implementation of such a system being both non-trivial and somewhat server-costly.

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
There are a lot of options Shifty Shifty I don't want to speak out of turn as Palliasso Palliasso is the dev doing all this and balancing their real life round it. But there are plans for say, a GAF Live button at the top and people streaming visible there. Something as simple as a shoutbox may accomplish what you're suggesting (visible to only registered users). Ultimately we're hoping for it to act as a platform for indies as well to have maybe Q&A in the environments you hint at!

As always we're looking at feedback and thoughts so they are welcome ;)

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Would love to be in the beta! I am about to get back into the ps4 streaming now that I am done moving. I also do game dev streams as well as tutorials for my side company's UE4 assets.

Have to say I really like this new direction of neogaf. Well done everyone!

Last edited:

Sizzle55

I try and stream everyday this is awesome guys. Any extra views or someone to chat to during a stream makes a big difference! I play heaps of MLB The Show 18 atm adding more games soon,Far Cry 5 next
https://twitch.tv/gra33zy
Thanks heaps

A very nice addition to neogaf! Most of you guys have a new follower (berlin_420) and I would like to be part of this beta, if possible.

enewtabie

Is there a way to do a sort of tab. I don't know how it works so let me explain my idea. There a tab that list twitch gaf users online/game they are playing. I'm not sure if such a thing is possible.

Also is there something like this we could do with youtube? I have a channel where I upload game streams and build pcs/etc. I do most of my streaming there. Sort of the same thing as the Twitch thread perhaps?

Is there a way to do a sort of tab. I don't know how it works so let me explain my idea. There a tab that list twitch gaf users online/game they are playing. I'm not sure if such a thing is possible.

Also is there something like this we could do with youtube? I have a channel where I upload game streams and build pcs/etc. I do most of my streaming there. Sort of the same thing as the Twitch thread perhaps?
Great thinking. Had the same idea with a list of live streamers.

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Added to the beta:
S Sizzle55
Freshmaker Freshmaker
K kroosmarin

We are working on a top navigation tab for the site that will list how many users are currently live, and clicking it will bring you to a page that lists the games and who is playing what (probably initially sorted by number of viewers).

There aren't currently any plans for Youtube channel integration but that may be something we look into after all of the development work is done with our Twitch integration.

Added to the beta:

We are working on a top navigation tab for the site that will list how many users are currently live, and clicking it will bring you to a page that lists the games and who is playing what (probably initially sorted by number of viewers).

There aren't currently any plans for Youtube channel integration but that may be something we look into after all of the development work is done with our Twitch integration.
Sounds cool man

Cirruss

A very nice idea, I look forward to seeing its implementation.

I stream every now and then so feel free to include me.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'm not streaming all that often lately (partly cuz i don't have a capture card to stream Switch games at the moment) but still, in case someone want to see me playing some games or just to say hi...

Last edited:
Top Bottom