• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Voted: Most Anticipated Games of 2016

mcz117chief

In gif format at least
0RMVx2E.gif

My list

1. Uncharted 4
2. Horizon:Zero Dawn
3. Persona 5:
4. Dragonquest XI
5. Gravity Rush 2:
6. World of Final Fantasy
7. Project Setsuna:
8. Hyper Light Drifter:
9. The Last Guardian
10. Ratchet and Clank

Messed up with putting Dragonquest XI on the list but oh well.

Steel

Banned
I gotta play Gravity Rush remastered first. That's the first game besides RE origins that i'm getting in February.

Shit guys...this is actually a really horrible situation.

THERE ARE TOO MANY GAMES!

Too many for me to buy....how can i afford all these titles!?

Its gonna be horrible because i won't have contributed to even half of the developers i feel should get a sale, there's just too much content coming for one year to hold.

All of these games cant be released at once, they are all gonna get eaten by each other!

Don't worry. Half of them will get delayed. That's how it always is.

Thanks for all your hard work, Shinobi!

As I scrolled down the top ten, I had the horrifying realisation I'll be buying No. 1 through to No.8 - that's not including everything else that's on the list! There's 25+ games I'm interested in, but there won't be enough time to play them all! I'll need 2017 to be boring as hell on the game front so I can catch up with everything.

So many wonderful RPGs, and so little time for those wonderful RPGs!

Good list overall. P5, Last Guardian, and FFV wouldn't necessarily be on mine given I'm not too familiar with JRPGs and Last Guardian is a huge tossup, but neither can I say for sure what I would put in their place outside of maybe The Division after the recent footage.

Nah, the terrible characters and story were its greatest failings. Atmosphere, graphics, music and gunplay were on point though. Not to mention they've utilized the touchpad better than anyone else.

Yeah, fair enough, although I was disregarding those things though because I'm expecting them to be fixed in Horizon due to the hires Guerrilla have made. I still think the design of the open world will be the key aspect.

My nominations

Let's go back to the OP and see where my choices placed:

1) Gravity Rush 2 - #21
2) Horizon: Zero Dawn - #3
3) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - #1
4) Firewatch - #20
5) Hyper Light Drifter - #51
6) Death's Gambit - #188
7) The Last Guardian - #7
8) No Man's Sky - #10
9) Ni-oh - #24
10) Deliverance: Kingdom Come - #76

doemaaan

Thanks for the hard work~

Damn, mah baby came in at #6? Not surprised Horizon is that high up, but I didn't think Persona would land in at #2.

Elandyll

Banned
Don't worry. Half of them will get delayed. That's how it always is.
Or... it could be the year where all the delays come crashing down on us?

I mean, UC4, R&C, TLG, Quantum Break, Deus Ex, The Witness, Shadow of the beast, The Division, Tomorrow Children, Persona 5, Mirrors Edge, ... were already delayed and in some cases many times over, so at this point (crossing fingers) their release window is pretty much set.
Then you have the games that probably won't be delayed (I have hopes for Dreams, Horizon and GT Sport given how Sony seems confident. Dark Souls 3 seems a lock. We also know that whatever may come Turn 10 will have a Forza, and unless an E.L.E. happens MS will get that Gears4), which leaves us surprisingly with few "wobly" releases in 2016 imo. UBI seems to have chosen to pass on a mainline release of AC this year also.
I honestly still fear for Horizon Zero Dawn (not TLG or GT Sport, I think Sony thought long and hard about setting these release windows) or Dreams which seems so ambitious, but the ones I truly think are most likely candidates are for now few and far between I would say.

Possibly ME Andromeda, and the yet unnannounced (ironically) Destiny 2 are among them I think... Due to the NX situation, I am of the opinion that Zelda U is also very much in the balance...

El-Suave

1. The Last Guardian (7.)
2. Mirror's Edge 2 (14.)
3. Uncharted 4 (1.)
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn (3.)
5. Final Fantasy XV (8.)
6. Ratchet & Clank (23.)
7. South Park: The Fractured But Whole (39.)
8. Ni-Oh (24.)
9. Yakuza Zero (34.)
10. Far Cry Primal (53.)

Not too bad, four out of my ten games are also in GAF's Top10.

From the looks of it, your list is not formatted correctly per the instructions in the OP.

I'm not seeing that?

1. Fire Emblem Fates
2. Zelda Wii U
3. Illusory Revelations#FE
4. Persona 5
5. Final Fantasy XV
6. Samurai Warriors 4: Empires
7. Dragon Quest 7 3DS
8. Dragon Quest 8 3DS
9. Star Fox Zero
10. Yakuza 0

• You can list up to 10 games - ✔
  • The list must be numbered from 1 through 10 - ✔
  • Each game can only have one vote - ✔
  • Please use a colon between the title of the game and your sentence - requested but not mandatory, as below
  • A game still counts even if it's releasing for only one region - ✔
  • Games from ALL platforms are welcome: PS4, PS3, Vita, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC, 3DS, Wii U, iOS, Android etc. - ✔
  • Each game must be either confirmed to be released next year OR at least have a "TBD 2016" release date estimate - I don't think any of the above are scheduled for 2017 or have no release window
  • Please attempt to comment and write a bit about the choices in your post to help spur discussion or show your level of interest. It makes for a more interesting thread. - again, requested but not mandatory
  • If any new games get announced between now and the end of the voting, you can edit your picks as much as you like. You can add pictures, quote each other and discuss potential games or ask questions! I hope this can be a thread with substance. - ✔
  • Feel free to comment on other people's votes, but keep it civil please. - ✔

I'm not seeing anything which would disqualify massoluk's entry?

My list http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188817035&postcount=1226

Was mine not counted? I don't see Samurai Warriors 4 Empire there :p

Looks like I missed this one in my section of counting - I used a parser/search for the majority of the games, and had to manually count the games the parser didn't find. For some reason, it missed this one completely. Apologies!

I'll get Shinobi to add it to the list since it has a whopping 2 points. It jumps quite a few games with just a single good vote placement. :-D Cheers.

Edit - makes it #205 on Most Anticipated in 2016.

Tankard

And some people say game developers never pay attention to Gaf.

Great job, shinobi. So many great games coming out this year, wallet is crying already, i even started saving money already from last year.

massoluk

Banned
Looks like I missed this one in my section of counting - I used a parser/search for the majority of the games, and had to manually count the games the parser didn't find. For some reason, it missed this one completely. Apologies!

I'll get Shinobi to add it to the list since it has a whopping 2 points. It jumps quite a few games with just a single good vote placement. :-D Cheers.

Edit - makes it #205 on Most Anticipated in 2016.

Haha, sorry, didn't mean to make a big deal out of this. SW games weren't ever going to get into top 100 anyway.

viHuGi

Banned
1. The Last Guardian (7.)
2. Mirror's Edge 2 (14.)
3. Uncharted 4 (1.)
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn (3.)
5. Final Fantasy XV (8.)
6. Ratchet & Clank (23.)
7. South Park: The Fractured But Whole (39.)
8. Ni-Oh (24.)
9. Yakuza Zero (34.)
10. Far Cry Primal (53.)

Not too bad, four out of my ten games are also in GAF's Top10.

Amazing list my friend.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Thought FF15 would do better though I'm happy to see P5 score so high. Sad to see SO5 score so low, and surprised that people are that big into the Uncharted series.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
And some people say game developers never pay attention to Gaf.
To be fair. In most of these cases it's the people that run the social media accounts that paid attention to this and strengthen their own brand by associating with a user-voted result.

That doesn't mean I doubt the sincerity of any individual developers at these big companies that thinks this is flattering. It's probably nice to see your current project be recognized.

lol @ anticipating The Last Guardian.

You're right, it's too low - should be higher than Zelda ; )

The amount of excitement for Mass Effect is truly puzzling.

1. We've seen nothing on the game.
2. It's being developed by a completely different team, largely staffed by the Army of Two team.
3. Mass Effect 3 was such a colossal goat fuck that you'd think it would've soured people on the franchise.

I guess it's true, stick a known brand name on something and people will go for it no matter what.

Yeah, the list is really good apart from that. That game shouldn't even be on the top 20, let alone 10.

This will be a rough year for me. I'm only purchasing SF5 and The Division.

The rest will have to wait to be gifts for me for Black Friday/Xmas from my wife. :(

Persona 5 will be the cruelest to wait through... and avoid spoilers for.

Flarin

Here's how my Top 10 stacked up.

1.) Persona 5 - #2
2.) Final Fantasy XV - #8
3.) Uncharted 4 - #1
4.) Fire Emblem Fates - #16
5.) Gravity Rush Remastered - #73 (Would have said GR2 but it ain't gonna make 2016)
6.) The Last Guardian - #7
7.) Horizon: Zero Dawn - #3
8.) Ratchet & Clank (PS4) - #23
9.) Attack on Titan - #126 (Yikes!)
10.) Bravely Second: End Layer - #49

Looks like I have some weird tastes haha :D Thanks again for putting this together shinobi!

Here's how my Top 10 stacked up.

1.) Persona 5 - #2
2.) Final Fantasy XV - #8
3.) Uncharted 4 - #1
4.) Fire Emblem Fates - #16
5.) Gravity Rush Remastered - #73 (Would have said GR2 but it ain't gonna make 2016)
6.) The Last Guardian - #7
7.) Horizon: Zero Dawn - #3
8.) Ratchet & Clank (PS4) - #23
9.) Attack on Titan - #126 (Yikes!)
10.) Bravely Second: End Layer - #49

Looks like I have some weird tastes haha :D Thanks again for putting this together shinobi!

This is still a great list, even if Titan seems to be the one everyone isn't sure about. Solid, solid choices.

wmlk

Attack on Titan has bored me from its initial showing. I don't get the feeling of speed and urgency that I expect from it.

This captures the sensation of 3DMG better than anything from the upcoming PS4 game.

chadskin

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - #1
  2. Gran Turismo Sport - #38
  3. Sherlock Holmes The Devil's Daughter - #115
  4. Firewatch - #20
  5. Mafia III - #46
  6. Hitman - #36
  7. Unravel - #65
  8. Quantum Break - #15
  9. Yooka-Laylee - #29
  10. The Last Guardian - #7
Actually not too shabby. Folks, get excited about Sherlock Holmes, though. :p

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
LOL there's a lot of salty people in this thread. Over opinions. Epitome of losers.

"I don't like this game so how is it top 5 ?"
"GAF is Sony biased !"
And people comparing Horizon to The Order. Lol.

For what it's worth, my Top 10 scored as follows!

1. Persona 5 (2)
2. Dark Souls 3 (5)
3. Pokken Tournament (66)
4. Fire Emblem Fates (16)
5. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth (62)
6. Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (69)
7. Shin Megami Tensei IV Final (50)
8. Final Fantasy XV (8)
9. Zero Time Dilemma (17)
10. Amplitude (89)

Top Bottom