• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Voted: Most Anticipated Games of 2016

FluxWaveZ

I don't think so. Xbox One just doesn't have the following of other platforms on GAF. Don't expect an Xbox exclusive to ever be in the top 10 this gen.

Mass Effect a bit lower than I expected. We haven't really seen anything yet though.

What about Titanfall? Or are we talking exclusives as in "not on PC"?

Zhao_Yun

Surprised to see Odin Sphere Leifthrasir so low, but I guess it is a remake. Looks effing amazing to me though. I could easily see it being in my top 3 this year.

I think until the demo a few days ago most didn't even realize that they revamped the whole combat instead of just remastering it.

That and gears seem low.
How much of GAF owns xbox 1 anyway...?

There's a lot of people on here with an X1, myself included. I think the problem is that the Gears 4 reveal kind of sucked and Quantum Break is still kind of a mystery in terms of what type of game it really is. My hype for it is solely based on Remedy because honestly the gameplay bits have not done anything for me.

nib95

Banned
I don't think so. Xbox One just doesn't have the following of other platforms on GAF. Don't expect an Xbox exclusive to ever be in the top 10 this gen.

If Bayonetta 2 can top a GOTY list, I think it's possible. They just need the right game, and the competition a weaker year.

Don't get why the Uncharted games are so beloved on gaf. Zelda really should be higher, but otherwise, pretty decent list

Same reason it's so beloved all over the world, including by countless game developers and journalists.

FluxWaveZ

Surprised to see Odin Sphere Leifthrasir so low, but I guess it is a remake. Looks effing amazing to me though. I could easily see it being in my top 3 this year.

That game will become much more anticipated when English media for it starts coming out and word of mouth spreads upon its release. Also, if we get an English demo like Japan got theirs.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I personally didn't expect it, actually. It got It got #8 in 2014, and #6 in 2015; I figured it would have been in the 6-8 range again, with people being a bit tired of anticipating it. I guess it's the effect of believing it'll actually come out this year.

I expected it cause in general the reception is very positive, and there's really nothing for people to have reservations about while waiting for it. Its another Persona that is following after 3 and 4 after more than 7 years.

Also glad to see Nier Automata relatively high.

What i am surprised about is that Star Ocean just barely made the second list however.

Eolz

Disappointing results, but also not that surprising. That's what happens when you get good conferences in a year.
Also, DOAX3 in the top 100! Cool to see Ni-Oh getting his own banner too, and gg Zelda for staying this high with no info.

Lunar15

That list is pretty fantastic. Uncharted is iffy for me, as I think there's only been one great game in that franchise, but I think naughty dog crushed it with TLoU, so maybe they learned.

There's no way in hell Horizon comes out this year.

105. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development.gif

The amount of excitement for Mass Effect is truly puzzling.

1. We've seen nothing on the game.
2. It's being developed by a completely different team, largely staffed by the Army of Two team.
3. Mass Effect 3 was such a colossal goat fuck that you'd think it would've soured people on the franchise.

I guess it's true, stick a known brand name on something and people will go for it no matter what.

I LOVED Mass Effect 3. The ending didn't ruin the first 40 hours for me.

What i am surprised about is that Star Ocean just barely made the second list however.

I think it's just down to a complete lack of western media and date. But everything they show for the Japanese release seems to get people excited. People loved the update today that shows the artwork that they're using for skills

skills93k7g.jpg

Zhao_Yun

Hope half of my list isn't delayed to next year again.

Interesting that the code name got more votes than the game's actual name.

Well, the code name is definitely easier to remember than the Japanese name (especially if you don't understand Japanese). But yeah, both entries should be merged if possible.

arne

WhgVRsJ.jpg

*Thanks for participating everyone! Special thanks to Doffen, dancrane212 & nrvalleytime for their help. See you next year!*

GENERAL STATS

• Number of users: 1,749
  • Number of votes: 1,634
  • Votes counted: 10,898
  • Points awarded: 27,995
  • Approximately 4x as many participants as the initial 2013 voting thread
  • Games #213-260 had 1 point each
  • Games #185-212 had 2 points each
  • Games #156-184 had 3 points each

aQsTBCi.png

OMG you all! We can't wait to finish this up and release it. I know being most anticipated means a lot to the gang here. We really appreciate it!

Thanks everyone for putting this thread together and everyone who voted.

BumRush

There is soooooooo much hate in this thread. For the list in general, individual selections, "sonygaf", etc.

WTF is the matter with some of you? It's about what each individual person is excited to play...not you.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
OMG you all! We can't wait to finish this up and release it. I know being most nominated means a lot to the gang here. We really appreciate it!

You're welcome. Give us another masterpiece. I'm counting on y'all at ND.

Ralemont

not me
The amount of excitement for Mass Effect is truly puzzling.

1. We've seen nothing on the game.

2. It's being developed by a completely different team, largely staffed by the Army of Two team.

3. Mass Effect 3 was such a colossal goat fuck that you'd think it would've soured people on the franchise.

I guess it's true, stick a known brand name on something and people will go for it no matter what.

1. Which is why it's only #6. :)
2.....with BioWare writers and the dudes who did Mass Effect 3's MP, which was stellar, yes.
3. The logical conclusion is that not many people actually thought ME3 was a colossal goat fuck that soured them on the series.
4. Until we see otherwise, yes.

Wow...Ni-Oh higher than Gears of War.

Looking back at my votes: -

1. Uncharted 4
2. Street Fighter V
3. Horizon
4. Final Fantasy XV
5. Nier Automata
6. Alienation
7. Gravity Rush 2
8. No Man's Sky
9. Persona 5
10.Dark Souls 3

I thought SF V would much higher.

OMG you all! We can't wait to finish this up and release it. I know being most nominated means a lot to the gang here. We really appreciate it!

Yes! Uncharted looks incredible Arne, hopefully the game is well received by critics.

orochi91

One of the most packed year in gaming history is upon us and I'll probably miss out on majority of those games at launch.

Canadian economy chose a really bad time to shit the bed.

D:

<3333
I want your game. &#128513;

Hoje0308

Banned
Uncharted is the most anticipated because a lot of us think it looks amazing, both in terms of gameplay and story. It doesn't hurt that it's pure sex in the graphics department.

Congrats to you and the team. Dying to play this

Hikami

Well, the code name is definitely easier to remember than the Japanese name (especially if you don't understand Japanese). But yeah, both entries should be merged if possible.

Just checked my list again, seems like I had Project Setsuna written there. (Even though I understand Japanese so yeah, lol.)
SE needs to give it a proper name for the west already.. or give any info at all regarding the western release.

kcp12304

Banned
I wish X-Com 2 was higher. I've already watched hours of footage from that game from people who have gotten early builds of that game.

watdaeff4

Yea, it's no secret that gaf is extremely pro Sony

It is, but you have to keep in context. The majority of the gaming community is pro Sony. So obviously a message board community dedicated to gaming is going to be pro Sony.

The results of this survey isn't an issue AT ALL; don't compare that to the console warz shit-posting that occurs.

How many more times will Persona 5 make this list? :(

Gonna actually elaborate on this shitty post or na?

Your question about Persona 5 is the same in context as his "shitty post"

Meaning he's LOL'ing that people expecting it to be released in 2016.

Top Bottom