• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF votes: Most anticipated 2014 game (voting ends midnight EST)

XT6aqWq.png

u8tBKun.png

I thought this could be a fun side-voting thread in contrast to the GOTY thread (thanks Timetokill and cheesemeister). At the end, all the votes will be tallied and the top 10 most anticipated games will be posted. I don't have access to a parser or any other tool to break down all the stats, but I think that should be representative enough :)

So, in order not to complicate things, we can have pretty much the same rules, or at least very similar.

Voting Rules
  • You can list up to 10 games
  • The list must be numbered from 1 through 10
  • You have to leave at least one comment for any one game in your post for it to be counted
  • Each game can only have one vote
  • Please use a colon between the title of the game and your sentence
  • Each game must be confirmed to be released next year [this excludes unknowns like Quantum Break, Uncharted (PS4) and other hypothetical releases] OR at least have a "projected/TBA" 2014 release date
  • A game must be a 2014 release for at least one region (even if Japan only, it still counts)

Ineligible games:
  • Expansions
  • Games that do not have a confirmed or "TBA/Scheduled 2014" release date

Games from ALL platforms are welcome: PS4, PS3, Vita, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC, 3DS, Wii U, iOS, Android etc.

Games reference guide:

Ballot Scoring
1. Game A : 4 points
2. Game B : 3 points
3. Game C : 3 points
4. Game D : 2 points
5. Game E : 2 points
6. Game F : 2 points
7. Game G : 1 point
8. Game H : 1 point
9. Game I : 1 point
10. Game J : 1 point

If any new games get announced between now and the end of the voting, you can edit your picks as much as you like. Feel free to add pictures, quote each other and discuss potential games or ask questions! I hope this can be a thread with substance :)

Voting will end on January 10th at 11:59 PM EST/ 8:59 PM PST.

DJIzana

Certain spots might actually change within my list. Same with the titles... but this is how my list stands right now.

1. Monolith Soft's "X": This has everything I'm craving since I've played Xenoblade. Amazing worlds, an HD JRPG from Nintendo and a game with mechs and clearly some HUGE exploration going on.
2. Super Smash Bros. U
3. Destiny
4. Bravely Default

Silky

Banned
1. Sunset Overdrive : The art style and the premise of the game gives me a mighty stiffy like no other title. Absolutely excite for the game and it's future.
2. Rime : As a fan of Deadlight, I'm really excited to see what Tequila Works is capable of with a bit of time and focus.
3. Drakengard 3 : As a fan of the series, I'm happy to see it's return.
4. Dying Light : The idea of Parkour and more refining to the Dead Island formula excites me.
5. YAIBA Ninja Gaiden Z : TAKE A SUCK (this game looks fucking silly.)
6. Bayonetta 2 : I've been wanting a good action game for a while now, hopefully Bayonetta 2 lives up to the hype.
7. Titanfall : Gives me a lot of vibes the same way Brink did when it was unveiled. I have faith in Respawn.
8. Destiny : It looks like "THAT" game that everyone should play around the time it releases. A true "Next-Gen" experience.
9. Fable Legends : I love Fable!
10. Call of Duty 11 : Treyarch's most definitely making this game, so I'm pumped.

1. Persona 5
2. Smash Bros. Wii U
3. Mario Kart 8
4. FFX/X-2 HD
5. KH 2.5
6. Bravely Default
7. Persona Q

Persona 5, can have all the other slots, too. Cannot wait for it. I wanna say Last Guardian but...HAHAHAHA

Dr. Buni

1. Persona 5: I am waiting for Persona 5 since 2009, when I first played Persona 4. I wish they would announce a Vita version tho, because I want to sell my PS3.

2. Gravity Rush 2: Finished the first game last week, can't wait for the sequel.

3. Super Smash Bros for 3DS: Portable Smash Bros is a dream coming true.

4. Toukiden: Fighting giant Japanese lore-based monsters will be fun.

5. Hotline Miami 2: Everybody should be anticipating this game.

I am not anticipating 10 games at the moment.

1. World of Warships
2. SteelDiver: SubWars
3. Super Smash Bros. for WiiU
4. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
5. GTA V for PC
6. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
7. Mario Kart 8

KYZR

1. The Witcher 3
2. Destiny
3. Halo 5
4. The Division
5. Quantum Break
6. MGS V
7. Dark Souls 2
8. Project Spark
9. Watch_Dogs
10.Trials Fusion

Loved The Witcher 2 (Favourite RPG in a long time), and the thought of all the characters, political intrigue and lore realised in a fully open word has my brain melting and slowly dripping out of my ears.

Fedelias

1. The Witcher 3 - A gorgeous open world with witcher story/choices/development? Take ALL my money.
2. Destiny
3. Infamous: Second Son

Pitmonkey

Titan Fall - I'm tired of half baked modern military shooters. Save me - Respawn overlords.
Mario Kart 8 - It's Mario Kart with brilliant visuals and potentially a real on-line mode.
Super Smash Bros - See above, insert title.
Bayonetta 2 - Platinum games being founded Nintendo - need I say more?
The Division - A seriously compelling take on a third person on-line shooter. Ubisoft has potential to do great things with this, lets hope they deliver.
"X" - Massive open world RPG with monsters and mechs. I'm down. (Even though I have my doubts of it's release this year)

SexyFish

Banned
1. Persona 5
2. Dark Souls 2
3. Infamous: Second Son
4. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
5. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Had a rough time deciding whether Persona 5 or Dark Souls 2 should get the number one slot, but with the amount of time I've put into Persona 4 I got to go with Persona 5.

People also seem worried about Ground Zeroes, but I'm optimistic that Kojima won't disappoint.

alstein

1. Age of Wonders III- the TBS game of my youth
2. GalCiv III- the TBS game of my adulthood
3. Freedom Planet- Think Lab Zero's homage to Sonic
4. Arcana Heart 3 Love Max- AH3 was super-underrated
5. Clockwork Empires- the Dredmor guys doing Britishness
6. Dark Souls 2- Never played the original
7. Persona 4 Climax- the one Arc series I can stand that isn't dead (sorry Battle Fantasia- I wish your future was as nice as your creator)

1: The Witcher 3: Good writing in video games returns

2: Dark Souls 2: The return of unfairness and giant swords

3: Metal Gear Rising: Revengence (PC) - [it counts, right?]

freakk5

Banned
1. Titanfall (I'm pretty optimistic about this one, hoping it'll grab me like MW2 did long ago.)
2. Destiny
3. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
4. Smash Bros
5. Watch Dogs
6. KH 2.5
7. Bravely Default
8. Infamous: Second Son
9. Bayonetta 2
10. Halo 5

1. Mario Kart 8
2. X: I don't like much the artstyle shown so far in the trailers but after Xenoblade I have faith in Monolith Soft
3. Watch_Dogs: Really curious to see how it ends up

CorySchmitz

1. Persona 5: Catherine was one of my favorites of last-gen, & Persona 4 Golden became one of my all-time favorites pretty much instantly, so I'm beyond excited for the next one.
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
  3. Monster Hunter 4
  4. Bayonetta 2
  5. The Witness
  6. Gravity Rush 2
  7. X
  8. inFAMOUS: Second Son
  9. The Evil Within
  10. Super Time Force

1. South Park: The Stick of truth ; I love South Park, and even if it isn't as good as it once were the recent Black Friday-trilogy gives me hope that this will be awesome.
2. Infamous: Second Son

Honestly, I don't have that many games on my look-forward-to list.

1. Infamous Second Son : Huge fan of the Infamous Franchise, nuff said
2. DriveClub : Sucker for racing games
3. Watch Dogs : Lived in Chicago for six months, missing the city a lot thus eagerly looking forward to experiencing the game version of Chicago
4. The Division : Graphics blew me away during the initial reveal back in E3 while it was played on a PS4 dev kit. Anxiously waiting to find out if the game suffered any visual downgrade like Future Soldier
5. Order 1886 : Huge fan of Ready at Dawn's previous work :Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta, can't wait to experience their first home console title.
6. Next Gen Uncharted : Diehard fan of the Uncharted trilogy, can't wait to see what kind of cinematic moments are being prepped for it's first next gen offering, nuff said

Weiss

Banned
1. Persona 5: I bought a PS3 just for this.
2. Drakengard 3: And this too.
3. Bravely Default: Classic FF style gameplay and story? Must have.
4. Dark Souls 2
5. Tales of Zestiria(?)

T.O.P

Banned
1. The Evil Within - i can't even start to say how excited i am for this
2. Titanfall - sounds fun as hell and it looks pretty damn cool, what else to ask
3. Dark Souls II - DS was my gotg nothing to add
4. Quantum Break - Loved Alan Wake and the footage they showed so far was pretty interesting, in Remedy i trust
5. Halo 5 - it's Halo, my gaming buddies and will have a blast
6. D4 - Swery is a guy i truly admire, DP is one of my favourite games of all time
7. The Division - Jaw dropping visuals and open world mmo-style tps, count me in
8. Dying Light - i'm a sucker for zombie games but Dead Island sucked hard so it's a 50/50 chance on this one
9. Below - sword & sworcery was beautiful, totally excited to see what they did with this
10. Project Spark - been following this a bit in the last few months, it could something really incredible

Orayn

1. Dark Souls II - Sequel to the best game of the generation so far, there's every reason to be excited.
2. X
3. Destiny
4. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
5. Mario Kart 8

Hey people, the OP clearly states that you must write at least a sentence about your choice for each game.

No, it says at least one game in your post needs an explanation.

saucylion

1. Titanfall : Looks like a blast to play
2. Dark Souls II : Dark Souls was one of my favorite games this gen.
3. Destiny : I love borderlands and Halo.
4. The Witcher 3
5. Kirby: Triple Deluxe
6. Halo

kimbaka

I don't have any of the new consoles but I'll try to rank them how I would if I owned all the current and last gen consoles.

1. Dark Souls 2
2. TitanFall
3. Drakengard 3
4. Infamous: Second Son
5. Mario Kart 8
6. The Witcher 3
7. Sunset Overdrive
8. Destiny
9. Bayonetta 2
10. Halo 5

Quantum Break would be #5 if it was confirmed for 2014.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
1. The Order 1886 : Gorgeous, love the art style
2. The Witness : Johnathon Blow is my modern game design hero
3. Theif : Because the ps4 launch isn't doing much for me and this looks like something i might actually not cringe at paying 60 bucks for.
4. The Witcher 3 : Because hnnnnggh

Steel

Banned
1. No man's Sky: I suppose I'm not even sure this is 2014, but so much hype for this game. If it delivers even 10% of what's it's promising, I'll be happy.
2. Dark Souls 2: Do I even need to explain this?
3. Persona 5: It can't be bad. Atlus has never led me wrong.
4. Soul Sacrifice Delta
5. Destiny
6. The Order: 1866
7. DaganRonpa: I don't know why, but the Ace Attorney and Vitue's Last reward cross in this game has me intrigued.
8. Infamous: Second son

Will add more when I get my thoughts in order.

EMT0

Banned
1. Persona 5; the sequel to one of my favorite games ever is coming. Nothing stops this train.
2. Persona 4 Arena 2; because I need my plot fix. And fighting games, they're kinda cool. I guess.
3. PersonaQ; because I need more Persona music, chibi art aside
4. The Witcher 3; it's probably going to be the best WRPG released next year, what is there not to be hyped about?
5. Dark Souls 2; More Souls games is always something I need more of
6. Sunset Overdrive; because my love for Insomniac will probably never die no matter how much I don't want to buy an Xbone. I want to see them deliver a great game.
7. Persona 4 Dancing All Night; I want to see Funky Student bust a move. Is that truly so wrong?
8. Smash Bros. Wii U; I have some hope that this isn't a repeat of Brawl
9. Infamous Second Son; my PS4 needs something to be played soon, it can't just be a paperweight
10. SMTxFE; because even what amounts to vaporware can excite me when the game has the right crossover

IgorMolest.jpg

Laieon

Do expansions count?

1. World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor - I don't think it's art will beat MoP's, but I'm still excited. Exploring new zones has always been my favorite part of WoW.
2. Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls - Looks so good, but I enjoyed D3 a lot more than most.
3. Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS - One of the only fighters I really enjoy, even though I play it like a party game and can't stand playing with people who just want to play on FD with no items.
4. Bravely Default
5. Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix.
6. Mario Kart 8
7. The Evil Within
8. The Crew
9. Kirby Triple Deluxe
10. X

Everything after 3 isn't necessarily in a particular order, but they're on my watch list.

Dennis

Banned
1. GTA V (PC) : Open-world graphics to die for. And Boris will make the game the most photoreal game yet, I am sure of it.
2. Pillars of Eternity (PC): The most promising spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate II since Dragon Age: Origins.
3. The Witcher 3 (PC) : Open-world graphics to die for. Exploration. Ploughing.
4. Wasteland 2 (PC) : Turn-based RPG with a setting to die for.
5. Dead State (PC) : Zombie-survival RPG. 'Nuff said.

May update list later.

Sullichin

1. Dark Souls II: I might pull a Yoshican when this shit comes out.
2. South Park The Stick of Truth: I am amazed every time I see this game. It looks exactly like the show, and Trey and Matt wrote it.
3. Hotline Miami 2: Does this game need a sequel? Nah. But it will have a new soundtrack!
4. Destiny: Can't wait to play a post-Halo Bungie game.

1. The Witcher 3 : I love rpgs and I also love eye-candy, and this game is both.
2. Pillars of Eternity : I did mention that I love rpgs.
3. Broken Age : the documentaries just get you super invested.
4. Routine
5. Wolfenstein The New Order
6. Dragon Age: Inquisition
7. South Park: Stick of Truth
8. Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord
9. Wasteland 2

Torment is 2015, right?
When is RESET due?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
1. Second Son
2. Deep Down
3. Drive club
4. Destiny

Edit: I'm a dummy and didn't read entire OP (sorry Shinobi)

1. Destiny. Every snippet of gameplay I have seen makes me want it more.
2. Witcher 3
3. TitanFall
4. Infamous Second Son
5. Smash Bros. U

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
1. Super Smash Bros : 1800 hours into Brawl/+/-/M, can't wait for this
2. The Witcher 3: Looks amazing so far
3. X
4. Dark Souls 2
5. Transistor
6. SMT x Fire Emblem
7. Watchdogs
8. Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney
9. Bravely Default
10. TitanFall

RPGamer92

Banned
1. Smash Brothers- New Smash Brothers, need I say more? Also as someone who wasn't a fan of the SSE in Brawl, the game's multiplayer should be drastically improved considering Sakurai can spend more time on it
2. Persona 5- Been waiting since 2008 for this. Hopefully the overseas market gets this game next year
3. Zero Escape 3- While not officially announced yet, going by the time frame for 999 to VLR, Zero Escape 3 should come out Fall 2014 in the US. After being blown away by VLR, I hope ZE3 contains mind blowing stuff
4. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD- Been having a real itch to re-play FFX and seeing as how I've never played X-2, these should be great to enjoy. Plus they come out a couple days before my spring break starts so I'll spend that playing them :D
5. Bayonetta 2- Sequel to my favorite action game ever. I just know Platinum's gonna deliver.
6. Bravely Default- Really reminds me of retro Final Fantasy. Which is a good thing.
7. The Walking Dead Season 2: Episodes 2-5: Episode 1 started off really strong and hopefully the rest of the season will continue this trend
8. X- Monolith Soft's next game. 'Nuff said
9. Transistor- Bastion is one of my top downloadable games of this gen so I'm really pumped for this game.
10. Tales of Symphonia HD- HD remake of one of my personal favorite JRPGs ever. Been years since I played it so going back through it again in HD is gonna be great.

Picobrain

Banned
1. metal gear solid 5 - my favorite series of all time, can not wait to play this.
2. witcher 3 - never played 2 and 1 but thhis one looks really amazing.
3. south park - what can i say its south park.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
1. The Witcher 3 - The Witcher was good, the Witcher 2 was amazing, and i see no reason why the third game should halt the positive trend. Looks fantastic.
2. Dragon Age : Inquisition - Im pretty sure Bioware will redeem themselves. They listened to the negative feedback from DA2, and they have a lot more development time this time around.
3. Watch_Dogs
4. Infamous: Second Son
5. Pillars of Eternity
6. Wasteland 2
7. The Division
8. Smash Bros Wii U
9. Metal Gear Solid 5

1. Dark Souls II : outside of anything half-life, this game will destroy everything
2. Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain : in Kojima we trust
3. The Evil Within : always looking forward to anthing Mikami does
4. The Order: 1886 : looks like a unique third person shooter
5. Wolfenstein: The New Order : anxious for machinegames first game
6. Destiny : looks very ambitious, hopefully Bungie can pull it off
7. Mario Kart 8 : what's funner than online mariokart?
8. Rogue Legacy (vita) : have yet to play this game
9. Shovel Knight : looks awesome
10. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt : graphically amazing

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
1. The Witcher 3 ; Nothing comes close.
2. Titanfall ; So I can like CoD without actually liking CoD.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
1. Watch Dogs: From clips, looks like he will be able to pull off some amazing things with the environment.

2. The Division: Even tho its online required, I want this game yesterday. The level of detail in that game looks like what next gen is supposed to be.

3. Metal Gear 5: Its a new Metal Gear what more needs to be said...lol. (Its a proper one if you ask me, but lets now go there)

outsida

Titanfall
Infamous Second Son
Halo 5
The Order
Destiny
Sunset Overdrive
The Division
Watch Dogs
Project Spark

Top Bottom