• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated 2015 Game (voting ends January 1st, 11:59 PM EST)

Q3w6tRl.png

It's that time of year again! We had a nice amount of participation last year, so let's make it even better this time. A ton of great games are coming out next year so we should see some nice discussion. At the end, all the
votes will be tallied and the top 10 most anticipated games will be posted. I don't have access to a parser or any other tool to break down all the stats, so the results will take a week or so to complete once voting and
discussion is done!

ARCHIVES

izSVyx0.png

In order not to complicate things, the guidelines are simple:

• You can list up to 10 games
  • The list must be numbered from 1 through 10
  • Each game can only have one vote
  • Please use a colon between the title of the game and your sentence
  • A game still counts even if it's releasing for only one region
  • Games from ALL platforms are welcome: PS4, PS3, Vita, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC, 3DS, Wii U, iOS, Android etc.
  • Each game can be either confirmed to be released next year OR at least have a "projected/TBA" 2015 release date estimate
  • Please attempt to leave at least one comment for any one game in your post to help spur discussion or show your level of interest. It makes for a more interesting thread.
  • If any new games get announced between now and the end of the voting, you can edit your picks as much as you like. Feel free to add pictures, quote each other and
    discuss potential games or ask questions! I hope this can be a thread with substance.

Ineligible games:

• Demos
  • Expansions
  • Games that do not have a confirmed or 'to be announced/ scheduled 2015' release date estimated window, including but not limited to:
    • Final Fantasy XV
    • Kingdom Hearts III
    • Silent Hills

Format:

Game X : Insert info here

Games reference guide:

Ballot Scoring
1. Game A : 4 points
2. Game B : 3 points
3. Game C : 3 points
4. Game D : 2 points
5. Game E : 2 points
6. Game F : 2 points
7. Game G : 1 point
8. Game H : 1 point
9. Game I : 1 point
10. Game J : 1 point

Voting will end on January 1st at 11:59 PM EST/ 8:59 PM PST.

Reserving space so everyone can hate my picks.

Edit - and thanks for doing this, Shinobi.

1. Zelda Wii U:

One of the biggest and best franchises out there. Hard not to be excited for it.

2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain:

Always a good time.

3. Bloodborne:

The game that more than likely will require the most time of any game on this list, but the one that promises the most rewarding experience. The only reason I want a PS4 at all.

4. No Man's Sky:

I don't know what to expect, but that's often when the most fun occurs.

5. The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt:

I'm playing through The Witcher 2 at the moment, and it's incredible. Can't wait to see the next installment.

6. Xenoblade Chronicles X:

Sometimes lovely vistas can be engaging and beautiful. I'm hoping it's the best RPG of 2015.

7. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D:

The best game to release on 3DS next year, regardless of what else Nintendo announces. It's a game I never finished on N64, and the re-release promises the definitive experience.

Dawg

untitled-17vdks.png

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain :

For me, first place is obviously Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. I joined the franchise quite late (in 2009) but it didn't take long for me to play through the entire series in a few weeks, with the exception of Peace Walker. I really regret not playing these games earlier, because they are fantastic, every single one of them. One of the few franchises that offer equally interesting story and gameplay to me. And The Phantom Pain looks like it will be the next step. I just wish we would get a final release date.

unchartedanfez.png

2. Uncharted 4 :

As if I wasn't already looking forward to this title, the recent PSX footage confirmed my expectations. The graphics look incredible and the gameplay feels like it has more freedom. You can jump and swirl around during gunfights and some of the new melee moves look impressive. There were so many tiny details in the new footage that I've probably missed a bunch of them still. I cannot wait for this next entry in one of my favourite franchises.

witcher3pvihf.png

3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt :

I love RPGs. They're my favourite genre by far. I love the gameplay, the customisation and - in most cases - the narrative. The Witcher has it all. With an open world, it will go even further than its previous entries. The title is very ambitious, I just hope CDPR can deliver what they are promising. I'm not disappointed over the many delays, but I hope they are worth it and I also hope it means the final product will be even better than before.

nmsouipt.png

4. No Man's Sky :

Crazy ambitious title. Just looking at the many tech videos and interviews with Sean Murray have me hyped. I love the tech behind this title. The concept. I could probably do with just exploration in this game, but it's clear the developers are going even further than that. If the gameplay is as interesting as the tech behind it, this could be something special.

ffxvj4e5u.png

5. Final Fantasy XV :

Don't really have too much to say about this one. It would probably be higher in my list if it wasn't for disappointing stuff like Final Fantasy XIII and the many delays of this title. Still, I have faith Square Enix can turn it around. I'd really like to believe this title will be great again.

personacld1g.png

6. Persona 5 :

Never played a Persona game before, but apparently it's an excellent roleplaying-series with waifus and that's all I need to know.

order1886iuf8m.png

7. The Order 1886 :

Still not sure what to think about this one. Looks incredible, but the gameplay will make or break this one. It doesn't have to offer crazy innovative gameplay to please me, but I do hope the final product will deliver solid gameplay that doesn't stand in the shadow of its incredible graphics.

untildawnnjdpx.png

8. Until Dawn :

Bit of a last-minute addition. The PSX demo really won me over. I kinda like cheesy horror movies too, so an interactive experience might be fun. Just hope they won't make the same mistakes as David Cage, even though I like Heavy Rain.

dc89

1: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain : My favourite saga, starring one of my favourite characters. The gameplay looks solid too, I just can not wait.
2: The Legend of Zelda (Wii U) : Looks stunningly beautiful, going off what they have said so far it seems Nintendo are making the changes the series has needed for some time now.
3: Rime : Gives me crazy Ico vibes.
4: Uncharted 4 : I hope this iteration hits the dizzy heights of Uncharted 2 in terms of the amazing locations and outrageous set pieces.
5: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (3DS) : One of my favourite N64 games, remastered on a portable console.
6. The Division : Promises to be the squad based shooter that me and my friends have been crying out for!
7. The Witcher 3 : slips down my list because of the recent shenanigans, I hope it wraps the trilogy up nicely.
8. Silent Hills : I will shit my pants playing it, but still.
9. Xenoblade Chronicles X : The scale of the game just screams epic.
10. Yoshi's Wooly World : The kind of game I will need to play after being scared shitless by Silent Hills.

*I think this is it, will edit in due course if I have a change of heart.*

Nibel

1. The Legend Of Zelda Wii U
Another entry in gaming's most majestic franchise and one of the few series left that make me lose my heartbeat once news are announced. Ocarina Of Time is the game that changed my life forever and therefore I will probably always looking at Zelda games differently, and while neither Twilight Princess nor Skyward Sword impressed me as much, they still were fantastic games. Also, that the seemingly best entries of each Nintendo franchise did release on the Wii U gives me much hope for this one.

2. Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain
I read this all the time: "Metal Gear is dumb". "Metal Gear is stupid anime shit mixed with military nonsense". And despite acknowledging the fact that the series has a very quirky and to many people off-putting side, I still love everything about it. The long cutscenes, the creative character designs and looks, the stealth gameplay - everything. When I finished Ground Zeroes this year, I sat in front of my TV the same way I did back when Halo 2 ended with its infamous cliffhanger. I was skeptical at first when they introduced all the new gameplay mechanics, but I am a believer now. This will be one of the best games of 2015 and I can't wait.

3. Bloodborne
Thanks to the PS beta program I was allowed to play the network beta and was blown away by it. You could feel Miyazaki's DNA running through every polygon rendered on the screen; this is trying to bring the beloved Souls series to the next level, and from what I've played the jump from Dark Souls to this is much bigger than between Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Dashing, dodging, slicing, stunning - you do all of this in the span of a few milliseconds and yes: this not only works but feels fantastic. I really hope they get the technical issues out of the way since there were segments that ran at sub 20 FPS.

4. Witcher 3
The conclusion to Geralt's story. While I have no idea what is going on at CD Project Red, and a lot of the downgrades are disappointing, I'm still looking forward to this. There is just something about the Witcher world that is fundamentally different than all the other WRPGs that I really like. Witcher 2 had moments that felt much more mature than anything else in gaming and I hope they will replicate similar vibes with the third one.

5. Mortal Kombat X
Playing MK2 as a little child was my 'Milehouse-Bonestorm'-experience and made me fall in love with the MK franchise. From then on I've played every MK game, trying to suck up as much of that weird bizarro MK lore as possible and watching ridiculous fatalities. The team puts so much passion in each of these titles and you can really see it. MK9 was a fantastic comeback and I hope MKX will deliver.

6. Yakuza 5
It's hard being a Shenmue fan. While games like GTAV and dozens of others have long passed it in terms of open-world scale and featuresets, there is still nothing that resembles that feeling that only Shenmue was able to give me... until I played the first Yakuza. While both Yakuza and Shenmue are fundamentally different, they both share similarities that I can't quite describe accurately. Is it the insane level to detail? The lengthy and story-heavy cutscenes? The great combat system? Whatever it is, I love both these games and was blown away when Gio Corsi announced this at PSX.

7. Xenoblade X
Nothing like a great JRPG, and from the looks of it Xenoblade X might fill that description. A huge open-world filled with monsters ranging from small to gigantic, Gundam-esque robots that can transform themselves and the RPG framework of Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii which I really liked. I am not quite sure about the character designs and worried it won't have the epicness of Xenoblade Chronicles, but I believe in Monolith Soft. Also, they have one of the currently best anime composers doing the music for this game, so yeah, I'm down.

8. Scalebound
I don't own a Xbox One, but I might bite if Scalebound turns out to be great. Hideki Kamiya is among the best game designers on this planet and everything he does is worth paying attention to.

9. Uncharted 4
Naughty Dog's first 'real' current-gen game and hopefully a great one. While I was not blown away by the PSX footage, it still looks like a very solid third-person shooter with impressive visuals and great additions like the stealth gameplay and the more open level-design. Neil and Bruce helping could mean that this might rival UC2 in terms of quality.

10. Star Wars Battlefront
I promised myself never to buy a EA/DICE game again after playing Battlefield 4 on PS4, but man: this is a Star Wars game. I am not willing to pay any penny yet, and will read every fucking impression and watch every footage, and if this turns out great - which is possible - I will get into my X-Wing.

Note: despite enjoying Persona 4 Golden on my Vita and being very hyped for FFXV, I did not put them on my list because they are never coming to EU/USA in 2015 you crazy people.

antitrop

1. Bloodborne : Because Dark Souls II didn't do it for me

Anything else, I'll care about when the time comes. I generally try not to get myself hyped for anything more than a month or two out.

1. Legend Of Zelda WiiU: I have been a big Zelda fan since I played Links Awakening on Game Boy. The Zelda series have tried many things to make the series more refreshing. While Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword has many flaws, the games were enjoyable. The next entry could potentially be the best yet.

2. Bloodborne: Hidetaka Miyazaki's Dark Souls was a very hard game that I've played in quite some time. The artstyle, Victorian Era setting, the creature designs is what made me very hyped about this game. Hopefully it'll be just as cruel as my first playthrough of Dark Souls.

3. Persona 5: While SMT IV was my first foray into the series as a whole, Persona 4 Golden on vita is what got me to the Persona series. I just hope the dungeon design won't be so awful and linear.

4. Splatoon: Whenever Nintendo makes a new IP theres always the same complaint that they should make a new Mario or Zelda instead, or vice versa. While this is possibly the first time Nintendo made a third person shooter, it should be a very enjoyable one, I hope.

5. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse: Kirby always seems to be the IP that's safe to work with different artstyles. I've been always fascinated by claymation when I saw Wallace and Gromit shorts when I was a child. Though mixed with the similar gameplay of Canvas Curse on DS, this will be as fun and charming as that game.

6. Yoshi's Wooly World: Just like Kirby's artstyle, I have instantly fell in love with Yoshi's artstyle. The detail put into the yarn aestetic just oozes with charm. I trust Good Feel will put good care to this game. Plus it's the first Yoshi console game since Yoshi Story on the N64 so it's been some time for some console Yoshi love.

7. StarFox: While we don't know much about Starfox aside that it will be releasing next year, it's been a very long time since we got an entry to the series.

8. Batman: Arkham Knight: The last entry the Arkham Trilogy by Rocksteady puts us into a much bigger Gotham City. With the Batmobile put into the mix with the gameplay it should make the game more refreshing outside of the free-form combat. Did I mention if Scarecrow is in it, cause I really loved him in Asylum and glad for him being a returning villain to the game.

9. Xenoblade Chronicles X: While I did not finish Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii (don't worry I will do a playthrough before this releases.). I just want to play the game because of the mechs and explore.

10. Star Wars BattleFront: It has been some time since I last played BattleFront 2. Hopefully Dice can fully deliver on what made the originals so great. Though I will be cautiosly optimistic on this.

Dusky

1. The Witness
2. Bloodborne
3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
4. Mortal Kombat X
5. Overwatch
6. Grim Fandango Remastered
7. Persona 5
8. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
9. Uncharted 4: A Thief'd End
10. Rainbow Six Siege

Bricky

Fun fact: 3 out of 10 games from the 2014 Top 10 got delayed to next year.

Bricky's official list of hype™:
  1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: Just thinking about the kind of setpiece moments Naughty Dog can accomplish with the power of the PS4 makes me giggle with excitement.
  2. Batman: Arkham Knight: Rocksteady didn't just make two of the best Batman games of all-time, they're two of the finest games ever made period. It's combat system might have been copied a billion times by now, I still can't wait to cruise around Gotham in my Batmobile and kill absolutely nobody in the most awesome way possible one final time (unless WB decides to milk this cashcow even more that is).
  3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: Kojima never disappoints.
    Bonus entry: Ground Zeroes for PC, since I never bought it for consoles.
  4. Assassin's Creed: Victory: Why? What can I say, I just love Assassin's Creed. And I love Victorian London. I'm part of the problem, ain't I Gaf.
  5. Just Cause 3: This industry needs more grappling hooks. Just Cause is the best guilty pleasure there is in gaming.
  6. No Man's Sky: If only because I want to see if it is able to live up to its mile high expectations.
  7. Overwatch: One of the few trailers I've seen in the last couple of years where I thought "damn, that looks incredibly fun" just from looking at a few minutes of gameplay.
  8. Silent Hills: I doubt it will make 2015, but even as someone who usually dislikes the horror genre I'll gladly piss my pants for a Del Toro/Kojima team up. Especially after P.T.
  9. Rime: Looks absolutely gorgeous and we have a shortage of 3D platformer-ish Ico clones anyway.
  10. RollerCoaster Tycoon World: Because there is a teeny tiny chance this will be a good sequel to one of my favorite IP's ever. Don't fuck this up Atari.
    Bonus entry: Parkitect, because it already looks better than what I imagine Atari will turn World into.

Honorable mentions:
  • Dai Gyakuten Saiban: I love me some Ace Attorney, but this has only been confirmed for Japan thus far. Let's hope it makes it to Europe (and the U.S).
  • The Order: 1886: Technically amazing, but only time will tell if the gameplay and story are good enough to keep it from being but a graphical showcase.
  • Bloodborne: The only reason this isn't in my Top 10 is that I have yet to play the Souls games, but I'm sure I would love it. It's style already does way more for me than the fantasy theme in From's previous games.
  • Zelda U: It's a Zelda-game. It doesn't get me as excited as some people out there, but it will be good and it isn't like my Wii U will be busy doing anything else next fall.
  • Until Dawn: Could be shit, could be another fun Heavy Rain-like experience. PSX made me cautiously optimistic.
  • The Witness: Braid was good and it has been in the works for years. I'm just not sure what to expect, but that's part of the fun.
  • Majora's Mask 3DS: As someone who wasn't quite old enough to experience the N64 Zelda games at time of release I'll gladly take another remake as well-made as Ocarina of Time 3D.
  • Saints Row: Gat out of Hell: Batshit insane fun. III and IV were great and the musical trailer convinced me that I need to play this too.
  • Mortal Kombat X: Mortal Kombat 9 made fighters fun for someone who wasn't into fighters, and I expect this to be no different in the next iteration.
  • Inside: Limbo was a good little experience and the trailer for Inside made it look just as good at the very least. Too bad I probably won't have a Xbox One to play it.

#BELIEVE tier:
  • Zero Escape 3: Because Kotaro Uchikoshi should just do a Kickstarter and get it over with.

Pachimari

Will update later.

1. No Man's Sky
2. Rainbow Six: Siege

3. Persona 5: I had never played a Persona title until I tried out Persona 4 Golden for Vita and wow were I converted day 1. And so I look forward with great anticipation for the next chapter in this beloved RPG series.

4. H1Z1
5. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
6. Star Citizen
7. Splatoon
8. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
9. Firewatch
10. Below

Also to others, none of these games are confirmed 2015: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Final Fantasy XV, Silent Hills.

Top 3

oGZ1clu.jpg

1. Persona 5 (PS3/PS4) : Coming off of two of my favorite three games of all time, Atlus has a lot to live up to on this title. With a seemingly darker tone than the previous title, and a real world time-stop similar to that seen in The World Ends With You, Atlus aims to prove they still know how to make a Persona game after what may be close to seven years after the last mainline entry.

Hype Meter: 6/5

XjRbYTP.jpg

2. Bloodborne (PS4) : After creating the lore-heavy, atmospheric powerhouse that was Dark Souls, From Software dissapointed with its release of Dark Souls II. With what seems to be an emphasis on atmosphere, taking place in a Victorian-esque city, Bloodborne aims to redirect the course of From Software back to greatness.

Hype Meter: 5/5

jrljoBL.png

3. No Man's Sky (PC/PS4) : After creating the aclaimed Joe Danger, and creating a name for themselves, Hello Games has set out on an even more ambitious title. Seemingly focusing on variety and exploration, No Man's Sky looks to be the perfect title for anyone with a sense of expliration.

Hype Meter: 4/5

The Rest

JCPzBhs.jpg

4. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PC/PS3/PS4/360/XB1)

BLyfizq.jpg

5. Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU)

mEfK88M.jpg

6. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)

H9kTfFW.jpg

7. The Order: 1886 (PS4)

TC2Z2At.jpg

8. Halo 5: Guardians (XB1)

2rgy6jr.jpg

9. Batman: Arkham Knight (PC/PS4/XB1)

vL7olTE.jpg

10. Yoshi's Wooly World (WiiU)

If FFXV is announced for 2015, that would jump up to a high spot for sure.

Also, sorry Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number. You were number 11.

Zalman

sg28EC1.png

1. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U) : Nintendo is at the top of their game these days. We’re getting some of the best entries in each of their big franchises. A Link Between Worlds is my new favorite Zelda game of all time, so I’m very optimistic about the new Wii U title.

gPaFQdg.png

2. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End : Naughty Dog has consistently been one of my favorite developers since Crash Bandicoot, and Uncharted is probably the most important new IP from last generation for me. I’m excited to see what they can pull off in what seems like their final game in the series.

Uvo2vc6.png

3. Persona 5 : Since jumping into this franchise with Persona 4 Golden, I simply can’t get it out of my head. The characters have stuck with me so much, and I still listen to the soundtrack on a daily basis. I hope Persona 5 will live up to what its predecessor did for me.

Ycv7PN5.png

4. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain : I was very late to the party with this franchise, so I ended up playing Metal Gear Solid 1-4 back-to-back. What a thrill that was. I know Kojima will deliver with The Phantom Pain.

VQjw3ym.png

5. Splatoon : I love it when developers do unique things with shooters. That’s why I loved Portal. This reminds me of that. I think it has the potential to be something truly special, both as a single-player and as a multiplayer game.

Ecnvdsi.png

6. Star Fox (Wii U) : Star Fox is finally coming back after so many years. That alone has me hyped. It’s going to be interesting to see what they do with the franchise after such a long hiatus. Hopefully it will be able to stand among Star Fox 64 as a true classic.

jMgJhjt.png

7. Xenoblade Chronicles X : Xenoblade Chronicles was arguably the best JRPG of last generation. The world in that game was already gigantic, but the sequel looks to be even bigger. It’s clearly a highly ambitious game, and I can’t wait to see what Monolith and Nintendo have been cooking up.

5Kleamf.png

8. Mario Maker : Finally a game that allows us to create our own Mario stages. Building levels is not a new concept in gaming, but it has always been a daunting challenge. Thanks to the Wii U GamePad, it seems to be incredibly accessible and easy to use, even for a clown like me.

oa9IU5B.png

9. Batman Arkham Knight : Rocksteady is back to close off its trilogy, and I couldn’t be happier. Their output in the last generation was great, and I’m confident they will end it with a bang. Driving the Batmobile is going to be great.

Zxep5vv.png

10. Yoshi’s Woolly World : While Yoshi has been in many outstanding games, his own titles haven’t been that great since the original Yoshi’s Island. Woolly World, however, looks to be the game Yoshi deserved years ago. It’s about time.

brau

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
One of my all time favorite franchises. With all the new changes that i saw in Ground Zeroes, i am way excited to see what MGSV will bring, with multiplayer and MGO. Way worth the 60 dll tag. I am sure i'll be getting this on PS4 and on PC.

2. Zelda WiiU
Hoping for a return to its former glory with this new installment. Skyward sword and its finicky controllers really turned me off the series. But this one seems to be back to what is important. Exploring, fun puzzles and great art.

3. Bloodborne
Dark Souls and Demon Souls being some of my fav games of all time. Bloodborne looks fast paced, unforgiving and dreadful. Can't wait to explore it.

4. Silent Hills
As a fan of Silent HIll i am excited to see what Kojima does with the series. I have faith in his work, and i loved P.T. One of the few games that i enjoyed watching on Twitch and talking with other people.

5. Uncharted 4: A Thiefs End
Naughty Dog at its bests. Enough said.

6. Batman: Arkham Knight
Rocksteady is really making a very expansive world. I hope it feels alive this time.

7. Xenoblade Chronicles X
One wiiU game i am very excited about.

8. Rime
Everything about this game looks amazing.

9. The Witcher 3
Not very happy that its running at 900p on PS4, and the crazy requirements on PC. Thats why this one is not on the top of my list. But i still love the idea of a giant world full of adventure.

10. The Division
Ubi better not screw this one up. I am excited to play with both my brothers this.

Its gonna be a great year in games.

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain : Always been a big Metal Gear fan, this entry and the new MGO look fantastic. Expectations high.
2. Bloodborne : Also a big Souls fan, this looks to be more fast paced and character action like. May be the game that makes me buy a PS4.
3. Zelda Wii U - Looking impressive so far, might tip me into buying a Wii U instead.
4. Persona 5 : I need to see cast and story details, but the series has been solid so far so I have little worries.
5. Witcher 3: Wild Hunt : Never been into the Witcher series, but this looks like it could be a GOTY contender so it will probably make me give it a shot.
6. Just Cause 3 : Listed as 2015 on Wikipedia. Looks like Just Cause 2 but better, which is all it needs to be.
7. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate : Will be my first time really trying to get into MonHun, can't wait.
8. The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D : Finally coming, can't wait to have it in my hands.
9. Grim Fandango Remastered - Never played this apparent classic, but have always been into point and click games. Should be a good experience.
10. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Break Record : I was smart and waited for this so I didn't get Overclocked again. I'm pretty excited to get back into this series.

01. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4): An absolute "Day One" purchase given it's part of my favorite franchise in video gaming history. Playing Metal Gear Solid on the original PlayStation was an awe-inspiring experience and unveiled the storytelling potion of the interactive medium through cinematic presentation from my perspective. It's eccentric mixture between sturdy gameplay, minute attention to detail, and noteworthy thematic depth in narration briefly summarize the essence of this legendary saga from creative designer Hideo Kojima. Admittedly, I do believe the plot direction has been stumbling downhill after MGS4: Guns of the Patriots and Peace Walker showcased RPG elements that don't quite mend with story progression. Additionally, I was greatly sore with the severe lack of content in MGSV: Ground Zeroes to warrant an actual retail release when most of the extra-ops can be described simply as padding. Despite these undeniably faults, I truly believe this installment will greatly restore the overall quality of the series akin to the original trilogy as well as surpass hype expectation.
02. Bloodborne (PS4): Completely adorned Demon's Souls and the subsequent Dark Souls successors. Regardless of its low-budget roots, creative designer Hidetaka Miyazaki has always continued to build palpable, masochistic experiences and I'm quite curious to see whether the emphasis on offensive tactics will be an irreversible evolution into its harsh "trial and error" philosophy. While Dark Souls II was still an enticing adventure, Miyazaki-san's absence was certainly felt and I'm substantially excited to see his return regardless of being under a foreign Gothic aesthetic.
03. Persona 5 (PS4): I must confess that I've never beaten any installments in this series despite owning approximately seven Shin Megami Tensei-related titles. However, I certainly enjoyed the plenty of bits that have been spoiled for me in regard to Persona 4 through the anime adaptation and the Vita port. I believe Catherine could be argued as a spin-off release which I would easily regard as amongst my favorite releases from last-generation. Developer Atlus possesses an undeniable storytelling charm and I'm excited to see what they'll do with the new technology given they're finally publishing a new installment on a platform that isn't immediately heading out of fashion.
04. Godzilla (PS4): I would be fibbing if I didn't state this title seems destined to receive mixed-to-negative reception from critics. However, I really liked what little bit was offered in the Japanese PS3 demonstration and I'm thrilled English-speaking dai-kaiju fans will have an opportunity to take the Big G out for a night on the town. Its low-budget values seem like an acceptable homage to the old-school special effects in the film series and the clunky controls feel intuitive for controlling Godzilla.
05. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PS4): It has been difficult being hyped for a franchise that was originally a juggernaut in its genre, especially with the jumbled reception for the Lightning trilogy and the development hell of FFVX. Thankfully, I've heard plenty of praise toward this installment being one of the darkest and entertaining ventures in virtually a decade. As one of the most requested titles from Sony PlayStation's #BuildingTheList campaign and designed with Western audiences in mind, I'll gladly do my part in purchasing this wonderful remaster on consoles.
06. Steins;Gate (PS3): I was extremely blessed to see the anime in both its native language and the sublime English dubbing this past year. It has been one of the best animated series that I've seen in a very long time and, as usual, I've heard the visual novel retains a number of significant subtleties that breath a deeper breather for the characters. Having an almost pure visual novel on American shores is a undeniable novelty and I'm thrilled to have one of the best in the genre on my shelf.
07. Life Is Strange (PS4): Dontnod Entertainment showcased a formidable presence with their cyberpunk beat 'em up, Remember Me. Despite its faults, I believe their latest episodic tale with continue to demonstrate their potential with minimalist art design and feminine sensibilities. Based on an interview from November 2014, I really hope they'll follow through with a physical release.
08. Until Dawn (PS4): It appears to be an agruable spiritual successor to David Cage's work and it might have the potential to be better written and darkly humorous.
09. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (PS4): Curious to see how Capcom handles the episodic format. I missed out on the mixed reception of Resident Evil 6, but I thought Revelations was satisfying enough to garner my future interest with its surprising effort to elicit some survival horror elements.
10. Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U): Once more, I must admit I never finished the first installment on the Wii nor do I currently own a Wii U at the time of this posting. I've never been too interested in the classic Nintendo properties, but they have been gathering some interesting niche releases (as I already purchased Bayonetta 2 well in advance on the console). This game was an alluring notion of an open-world with mechs, but the character design appears somewhat atrocious and visuals seem downgraded from the initial reveal trailer.

Honorable Mentions:
XX. The Order: 1886 & Assassin's Creed: Victory (PS4): I believe Ready at Dawn Studios has produced an outright impressive-looking exclusive for PlayStation, but early impressions have been accumulating a strange bit of muddled press over the shooting mechanics and quick-time events. Hopefully the developers will heed these criticisms and quickly stir this title away from being an average TPS journey. In regard to the Ubisoft franchise, I think the Victorian setting would be an interesting setting, but I doubt they'll learn from their mistakes as technical difficulties and lackluster innovation will continue to plague these tiresome, cash-grab spin-offs.
XX. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End & Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4): These are titles that I could easily place into the aforementioned listing, but I heavily anticipate both games will be re-released in 2016 with additional episodic content. As a collector of physical/retail releases, I want to obtain the most "complete" editions of these notable, critically-acclaimed blockbusters.
XX. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt & Whore of the Orient (PS4): Never finished any of the previous installments, but I liked what few hours I placed into Assassins of Kings on the Xbox 360. The branching narrative riddled with late-game consequences and beautiful art design are downright awesome, but I doubt I'll make it an immediate purchase until I'm able to finish the second part for the time being. Given that I admired L.A. Noire, I'm still curious to see what former Team Bondi members have in store with their latest piece that seems to be lingering in development hell. It hasn't received any significant updates since mid-to-late 2013, but has been projected for release this coming year.

XX. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (PS4) & Yakuza 5 (PS3): An obvious re-release with expanded material in the aforementioned title. I would presently rank the vanilla release in my top three for this year so I don't mind taking a double dip for the bundled DLC. Hopefully the original dynamic lighting system will return and, justifiably, garner the necessary criticism over Bandai Namco Games holding out on a current-gen release. In regard to the later, I'm posting somewhat of a cop-out as I already possess a physical copy of the Japanese version. However, I'm thrilled to see English fans have a final chance to prove financial feasibility behind the series and the excitement might just be the motivate to plow through the whole series.

JayEH

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
2. Bloodborne
3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
4. No Man's Sky
5. Star Wars: Battlefront 3
6. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
7. Halo 5: Guardians
8. Quantum Break
9. Batman: Arkham Knight
10. Resident Evil: Revelations 2

1. Bloodborne
Not much needs to be said. Every new screenshot or gameplay snippet I see I get a little more excited. Miyazaki's love letter to Souls fans.

2. The Witcher 3
Taking compelling narrative, interesting characters, and choice-driven branching gameplay coupled with what looks to be a massive open-world for us to finish our trilogy with Geralt? Hyped since it was announced-downgrade be damned.

3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
After having finished Ground Zeroes and seeing the lead up to MGSV Im chomping at the bit to start Big Boss' epic. IMO Kojima is setting up quite an emotional experience-and I cannot wait to be on the edge of my seat the entire time.

4. Uncharted 4
Excited to see what an Uncharted game will be like in the wake of The Last of Us. What was shown at PSX has me not worried it will deliver a fantastic finale to the series.

5. The Order 1886
Recent builds shown at PSX and by a few GAF'ers ;) have proven to me this game will live up to the hype surrounding it. Steampunk and werewolves? Whats not to love?

6. Zelda U
Been looking forward to a new Zelda for what seems like forever. Miyamoto has yet to anger this fan.

7. XenoBlade Chronicles X
My RPG of 2012 was Xenoblade Chronicles, it to me, played like a single player MMO. had one of the BIGGEST playable game areas ever-and was a joy to play. Looking forward to the sequel-and excited to do it on my WiiU.

8. Just Cause 3
Absolutely loved Just Cause 2-it was my favorite open world game last generation. Give me a prettier game with more over the top crazyness-and let me play in this sandbox. Avalanche you rock my socks

9. No Mans Sky
This may be my most controversial choice- as I have seen not alot of real gameplay- I have faith though- and being from a small studio making what could be one of the biggest game worlds, makes it one to look forward to for sure.

10. Batman Arkham Knight
Looking forward to Rocksteady's third release in the Arkham trilogy. use of the batmobile as means of traversing the city looks incredible. Looks to be pretty mucha next-gen Batman game-but thats not a bad thing. Coming out the day after my birthday is icing on the cake.

Sciortino

1. Legend of Zelda Wii U:
Favorite series. The cell-shaded graphics. The open world. Everything so far shown has me excited as hell.

2. Uncharted 4:
Back to Uncharted 1 roots in terms of setting. Loved the jungle setting in the first. The more open level design shown is great already.

3. Xenoblade Chronicles X:
Looks to be one of the best JRPGs in a while. If you loved the original, there's no question you shouldn't be hyped for this.

4. LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D:
Favorite Zelda game ever. Excited to play it on the 3DS with remastered graphics.

5. Ratchet and Clank PS4:
Series has been amazing since the PS2 days. I love everything about the series. The artstyle and the characters are what really pull me in. Even though nothings been shown, I fully expect R&C to wow me.

Will continue the list later.

1. Persona 5 : look at my avatar.
2. Uncharted 4 : Naughty Dog has a great track record and I expect that to continue with the next Uncharted.
3. Tales of Zestiria
4. MGSV
5. Persona 4 Dancing All Night
6. The Order 1886
7. Xenoblade Chronicles X
8. Ratchet and Clank redux
9. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD : Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae.
10. Rime

Will post my reasons at some point. God only knows when.

1. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
2. Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U)
3. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Wii U)
4. Splatoon (Wii U)
5. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)
6. Mario Maker (Wii U)
7. Scalebound (XONE)
8. Persona 5 (PS4)
9. Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)

Uh... there's no way in hell Kingdom Hearts III is coming out in 2015, so I guess that's it.

Snake_eye

Neo Member
1 MGSV TPP ----------------------------------------------------------------------- by far
2 Witcher 3
3 Uncharted4
4 The Orther 1886
5 Batman Arkham Knight
6 Bloodborne
7 Mortal Kombat X
8 Star Wars Battlefront
9 The Division
10 The Witness

jony_m

1. Uncharted 4 : Even tho I don't believe it will release in 2015.
2. Persona 5 : Love the megaten series
3. Bloodborne : Played it at PSX and cannot wait.
4. MGS V : GZ was great, can't wait for more.
5. No Man's Sky : Very exited for this even tho much of it remains a mystery.
6. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD : Best FF in years according to some, finally makes it over.
7. FFXV : Please be good
8. The Order 1886 : Played it at PSX and I liked what I saw.
9. Yakuza 5 : Love the series.
10. Until Dawn : Because my girlfriend is actually looking forward to a game.

1. Uncharted 4: The graphical fidelity is real
2. No Man's Sky: It's like Minecraft in space on crack
3. The Witness: I really like Indie puzzles, and I like the graphics a bunch
4. The Divison: The world needs a good TPS MMO
5. H1Z1: Sony makes good stuff generally, and I like their current MMOs
6. Bloodborne: Never really got into Dark Souls-esque games, but would like to try one out
7. The Witcher 3: Love the look, excited to play on Console(I played Witcher 1 on PC)
8. Hotline Miami 2: More guts, more glory
9. Overwatch: Blizzard makes good things, and this seems to be good as well
10. Just Cause 3: Explosions! Explosions everywhere!

Interfectum

1. Metal Gear Solid V : After playing Ground Zeroes this game shot up to my #1 most anticipated game. The open stealth missions are going to be a blast.
2. The Witcher 3
3. Mortal Kombat X
4. Silent Hills
5. Uncharted 4
6. Final Fantasy XV
7. Bloodborne
8. Arkham Knight
9. Overwatch
10. Until Dawn

1. Bloodborne
2. The Order 1886
3. Uncharted 4
4. Until Dawn
5. Yakuza 5
6. Tearaway Unfolded
7. Persona 5
8. Xenoblade Chronicles
9. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
10. MGS V

1. Mortal Kombat X
2. Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
3. DmC: Devil may Cry:: Definitive Edition
4. Final Fantasy XV (Little confidence it makes it in 2015)
5. Zelda WiiU (Little confidence it makes it in 2015)

1. Bloodborne
2. Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
3. The Legend of Zelda for Wii U
4. Xenoblade Chronicles X
5. Splatoon
6. Kirby & The Rainbow Curse
7. The Order: 1886
8. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
9. No Man's Sky
10. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

1. Splatoon
2. Zelda U
3. No Mans Sky
4. Halo 5
5. Mario Maker
6. Yoshi's Wooly World
7. Mighty No. 9
8. Persona 5
9. Star Fox
10. Arhkam Knight

EktorOni

1. UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End
2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
3. Bloodborne
4. Abzû
5. Quantum Break
6. The Witcher III

Will add a couple more later, along with explanations. But basically that's it.

TheMoon

1. The Legend of Zelda :

Because real horses don't run into trees very often. Gigantic world, Zelda 1-inspired, lots of archery, eat random apples, wild horses (couldn't drag me away).

2. Xenoblade Chronicles X :

Can't get enough of that Xenoblade formula. Dat combat system, dat epic world, hopping through people's backyards! And mechs are in there, too!

3. Splatoon :

This will be my console TF2. Hilariously wacky shooting action with fresh and unique mechanics. Can't wait to dip my toes into that ink.

4. Code Name S.T.E.A.M. :

Loved the crap out of XCOM, love Fire Emblem, love the art they're going for. Match made in heaven. LINCOLN FORCE!

5. Mario Maker :

INSANE MARIO LEVELS NEED I SAY MORE ZOMG

6. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D :

Played the original for the first time in early 2013, excited for to see the changes/facelift!

7. Star Fox :

I already know there will be meltdowns when people finally realize this will play a lot like Metroid Blast in Nintendoland but that is exactly what gets me excited!

8. Devil's Third :

Itagaki hypes this up a lot on his facebook page. The multiplayer looks absolutely insane with a dash of brilliance and even the E3 singleplayer footage looked liked an unfinished game (crazy, right? who would've thought unfinished games look unfinished!) the blend of trademark Itagaki melee action (throwing swords!), first person shooting and multi-tiered level design and parkour gameplay has me really looking forward to the finished product!

9. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D :

One of my favorites from last gen, now on a portable in trey dizzles. Curious if they are adding anything.

10. Affordable Space Adventures :

This Wii U GamePad showpiece from KnapKnok and Nifflas has me really excited. Asymmetric co-op for three people all commandeering the same ship but taking on different roles sounds just amazing.

Honorable mentions: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (As a Euro peasant I'll have to wait a lot longer than the rest of the world but this claymation adventure just looks too cool to not be hyped), Yoshi's Woolly World (I know I'll love it but my excitement is fairly contained at this point in time); The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (I love me some Witchering but I'll probably buy it day-1 and then wait until I upgrade my PC late this or sometime next year before I actually play it).

1. The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt:
2. No Man's Sky:
3. Hotline Miami 2 Wrong Number:
4. Rainbow Six Siege:
5. Uncharted 4 A Thief's End:
6. Rime
7. MGS V Phantom Pain
8. The Order 1886
9. Star Wars Battlefront
10. Just Cause 3

Matriox

1) Persona 5: Greatly adored Persona 4 and my favorite game I played in 2014. Currently have P3 on my backlog,

2) Zelda Wii U: I've been looking forward to this style of Zelda game since forever. Inject it straight into my veins.

3) H-Hour: World's Elite: Spiritual successors to Socom, which I had a blast with in the PS2 days, hoping this will restore some hope into strategic shooters.

4) The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D: Never really got a good chance to play this on my N64, looking forward to giving it an actual shot in the next year. It was too much for my younger brain to comprehend.

5) Xenoblade Chronicles X: Game looks boss, thats about all I've got for this one. Still really excited about it though.

6) Splatoon: Shooter with a great art style and concept, count me in!

7) FFXV: A little skeptical, but after power playing some FFXIV I'm excited to step back into FF games after X.

8) Evolve: Looks like a grand ole time with a bunch of friends online.

9) The Witcher III: I always welcome a great looking RPG, but a bit skeptical with the pushing date that seems to keep happening. Still optimistic.

10) Bravely Second: I loved most of Bravely Default, I would love more actual story with that gameplay. So good.

EDIT: Removed The Order 1886 for Bravely Second.

1. Persona 5 - I only started getting into the Persona series this year, and started with Persona 3. It took a while, but now I love it. Can't wait for this on PS4.

2. Batman: Arkham Knight - The gameplay trailers have me hooked.

3. Zelda Wii U - It looked awesomely fun from the clips shown at the VGAs.

4. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

5. Silent Hills

6. Mighty No. 9

7. Crackdown - Even though I don't own an XBO, I was addicted to the first one.

8. Uncharted 4

9. Xenoblade Chronicles

10. Until Dawn - Looks like a fun time while paying homage to horror films of my youth.

mdubs

Banned
1. Persona 5 : New mainline Persona game, enough said.
2. Xenoblade Chronicles X : Vast open world, all in HD.
3. Star Fox : Been dying for a new Star Fox game, can't wait to see what they come up with.
4. Rise of the Tomb Raider : I absolutely loved the first game so I can't wait for this one.
5. Persona 4 Dancing All Night : I can't wait to dance up a storm with Senpai.
6. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD : I've been wanting to play this game for a while, in HD this will be sweet.
7. Ori and the Blind Forest : One of the only indie games which has really caught my interest.
8. Tales of Zestiria : Battle system looks like fun, enjoyed Xillia 1 and 2.
9. Quantum Break : Looks really cool, excited to see where they go with this.
10. Halo 5 Guardians : I enjoyed Halo 4 a lot.

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2. Just Cause 3
3. Star Wars Battlefront
4. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
5. Rainbow Six: Siege
6. No Man's Sky
7. The Division
8. Mirror's Edge 2
9. Halo 5: Guardians
10. Arkham Knight

Wubbys

1. Halo 5
2. Rainbow Six Seige
3. Zelda U
4. Batman
5. The Order
6. Hotline Miami 2
7. Mortal Kombat X
8. Sta326077rfox U
9. MGS5
10. Uncharted 4

Jachaos

1- The Legend of Zelda :
A brand new Zelda, what more can I say. Ocarina of Time remains my favourite game of all time, and I've been looking forward to every Zelda ever since. I'm looking forward to a new title made to get the best of the Wii U as Skyward Sword did for the Wii.

2- Persona 5 :
I played Persona 4 Golden for the first time this year. I never thought any title would make me consider putting it above Zelda for my most anticipated, but my newfound love for this series is making it very difficult on choosing a number 1. I can't wait for Persona 5.

3- Splatoon :
This seems like an amazing game. It looks fun, beautiful and is an idea I had for a long time that is finally realized. By Nintendo. I couldn't have asked for a better developer to make this a reality. Can't wait to play it.

4- Star Fox :
This came as a total surprise at E3, but I'm very eager to get a new Star Fox. I hope it's everything it can be. Its short dev cycle and the fact they were looking for some help to get it done has me wary, but the potential to hook me is there.

5- Uncharted 4 :
The demo at PSX was amazing. The animations are top-notch and the level design seemed great. I'm ready for some more Naughty Dog after playing one of their games for the first time with The Last of Us, only a little over a year ago (Well, I did play Crash for a few minutes at my cousin's many years ago).

6- No Man's Sky :
This is shaping up to be a breath of fresh air. It looks great and its premise is very enticing to me. The gameplay details are interesting too, it's not like last year when I knew nothing of what we were going to be doing in this immense world.

7- The Tomorrow Children :
Another breath of fresh air. Visually, it's astonishing. Gameplay wise, it's very interesting and innovative. The stream they had a couple of months ago sold me on this. I can't wait for release day.

8- Metal Gear Solid V :
We've seen a lot more of this game over the course of this year and this seems poised to take a great deal of my time. It will be my first Metal Gear Solid and I can't wait to experience all of the insane creativity of this game.

9- Hotline Miami 2 :
I've been waiting on this game ever since I played the original around a year ago. Its multiple delays were disappointing as I absolutely loved Hotline Miami. I'll try to get the Platinum Trophy for this one just like I did for the original!

10- Rainbow Six: Siege :
In my case, this has been the most interesting E3 footage of an FPS in a long time. I'm sure it will be a fun time and if it delivers, should be my go-to shooter for the year. Hoping it has split-screen multiplayer.

Honorable mentions to all the other amazing titles coming in 2015. It's a very stacked year. Rime, The Order 1886, Halo 5, Miegakure, Until Dawn, Witcher III, Bloodborne, Batman Arkham Knight, Tearaway Unfolded, Xenoblade Chronicles X, The Witness... there's so many titles coming that I don't even know how we can have such a great line-up in a single year.

Also, I'm looking forward to Yakuza 0 but I don't know if/when we'll ever get it. And also Majora's Mask 3DS but I already played it once, so I'll reserve my points for newer games. There's enough of them this year to do so.

1) Zelda WiiU ; a new Zelda game that looks stunning visually and will obviously be awesome.

2) Uncharted 4; After The Last of Us I have faith that this will be incredible, I can't wait.

3) Rainbow 6 Siege; An awesome looking tactical FPS. I'm hoping for some sort of terrorist hunt mode, but regardless it looks just like my kind of thing.
4) The Witcher 3; a shame about the delay, but after Dragon Age I have an itch for RPG's. It looks good.

5) Batman Arkham Knight - Arkham City and Asylum were wonderful - I didn't play origins so I've had a few years off. I look forward to those great fighting mechanics.

6) Just Cause 3; Just Cause 2 was an awesome sand box. I expect this to be nothing short of breathtaking.

7) The Witness; it should have been here this year but the game looks great - an interesting puzzler with a unique narrative sounds great.

8) Xenoblade X; I haven't played the others but it looks beautiful and rather unique.

9) Halo 5 Guardians; I'll be buying an Xbox One so this is high up my list - it looks like they've realised that they don't need to copy COD to be good which is great.

10) Rise of the Tomb Raider; Tomb Raider 2013 was a great game, I expect Square to iterate on the formula and make something super awesome.

Honourable mentions: Ori and the Blind Forest and Call of Duty. Call of Duty will be Treyarch so I'm hyped, but I don't think it works within the guidelines.

Top Bottom