• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Game of 2016 (Voting has been over for weeks)

1. Megadimension Neptunia VII: This is it. It can't come soon enough. THE next mainflagship Neptunia title since years ago on PS3. I don't really play any spin-offs released on handheld, so the gap seems like forever for me. The thirst in my life for proper Neptunia games on console has become stronger and stronger. It almost consumes me, almost broke me. It wouldn't be much longer now, yet i still need to be patient. The next form transformation excites me the most among new features of this iteration on PS4. Purple Heart next form, in particular, looks absolutely beautiful. Oh, my goddess, yes. Can't wait to hear Rie Tanaka voice once more, huehuehue... Sorry, if this sounds creepy.

2. Persona 5: It is such a shame that this game doesn't make it this year, but seeing the latest trailer I have l no doubt that this could be something really special. Atlus can take their time, polish it, and whenever they decide to release this, I'll be there day 1.

3. Final Fantasy XV: It's FF. A modern Square Enix game, which also means it's a waiting game. Duscae looks promising enough even with its flaws. I hope the waiting game ends next year.

4. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness: I'm delighted at the fact that Star Ocean series is still alive. Add to that, this one looks like a huge improvement from the last game. I'm in, kay?

5. Nier: Automata:
Combat system is never Nier's strong suit, but it looks like this could change with Platinum involvement on the sequel. Can you hear it? I squeal in excitement to what Platinum could bring to already one of the better JRPG on the market.

6. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End; I can't wait to test my PS4 to the limit. It's one of those game you need at least to play once to see what my console of choice can offer in terms of AAA gaming experience.

7. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4:
For some reason I want to play this so bad. I haven't play any Naruto game since PS2 days and with the manga finished, this could be a good time to jump in once more to the world of shinobi. The last good fight.

8. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Please, don't tell my mom.

9. Valkyria: Azure Revolution: I have much fun with Valkyria Chronicle on last-gen console. This is not a sequel and will be different in style, yes. Yet, i have faith that i will have much fun with this one too.

10. Rise of the Tomb Raider:
Too bad i have to wait one whole year for this. The reboot is surprisingly enjoyable for me.

Honorable mention

The Witcher 3: Blood & Wine; Won't really counts since it's just expansion, yet this actually up there with Neptunia in terms of my anticipation. Witcher 3 is my GOTY (really close with Bloodborne), so more Witcher is always welcome.

Dysun

1. Uncharted 4 : The best developer in the industry comes back for the final Nathan Drake story, hype is at critical mass
2. Mass Effect Andromeda : Hoping to wipe away the Mass Effect 3 stain
3. Dark Souls 3 : Annual Souls fatigue is real, but probably the best game coming out next year when its all said and done.
4. Deus Ex Mankind Divided : Human Revolution was an amazing game, hoping for a great follow up
5. Fire Emblem Fates : 3 Fire Emblem games on one day...absurd
6. The Legend of Zelda U : Hope that's its significantly better than Skyward Sword
7. World of WarCraft: Legion : I'm a sucker for WoW expansion packs
8. Final Fantasy XV : Square Enix's last ditch effort to make me care about new games
9. Quantum Break : Not as high on Alan Wake as most people, but Remedy has a solid track record none the less
10. Horizon Zero Dawn : Hoping for Guerilla Games renaissance now that they are out of the Killzone shadow.

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2. Mass Effect Andromeda
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
4. NieR: Automata
5. Final Fantasy XV
6. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
7. Persona 5
8. The Last Guardian
9. Gravity Rush 2
10. Street Fighter V

Dahbomb

1. Dark Souls 3 : Sequel to one of the best gaming franchises out there right now. Until I get my DMC fix, this will have to do in the mean time. So far DS3 looks to be combining the best of the 2 Souls games and Bloodborne so hopefully it hits it out of the park.

2. Ni-Oh : Ninja Gaiden + Souls? If there isn't going to be a new NG from Tecmo then this will have to. I just hope Hayashit doesn't fuck it up. Game looks real nice so far.

3. The Last Guardian : I still get the feels thinking about Shadow of the Colossus. Please don't suck (and please don't get delayed).

4. Scalebound : It's Kamiya's next game, enough said.

5. Nier Automata : Curious to see how Platinum Games handles this IP. Nier had a cool aesthetic, setting and soundtrack so that combined with PG's flair for combat sounds good to me.

6. Cyperpunk : Next non Witcher game by CD Project has me very curious. I want to see what they can do in a sci-fi setting.

I will get games like Uncharted 4 and SFV but I am not super anticipated to get them. They are just good games that I will eventually play. These other games I am very curious about (except DS3, I am in media blackout mode for it).

traveler

Not Wario
1. Legend of Zelda

I'm slightly apprehensive due to how open world they seem to be taking the series, but I trust them to prioritize density and deliberate design over sheer quantity, and the last proper Zelda- ALBW- is my favorite Zelda to date. If they can pull off the 3D equivalent of it, I'll be super happy.

2. Dark Souls 3

I enjoy the Souls series, but I always thought they were a tad overrated until Bloodborne, which ended up being my favorite game of the year. Going back to the world of shields is going to suck, but it does look like they've taken lessons from their latest effort and are pushing the game to emphasize aggression over passivity, so I'm optimistic. Time to send this series off on a high note.

3. The Last Guardian

In years past, this would have been my number 1 pick, hands down, but my tastes have drifted away from Team Ico's style, the game appears to be closer to their inferior work- Ico, (albeit without the worst part of that game at least in previews- awful forced combat) and the serious development hell the game has apparently gone through has me a bit apprehensive. All that said, SotC remains one of my favorite games of all time, and there's nothing quite like a Team Ico game, despite the number of imitators.

4. World of Warcraft: Legion

Against my better judgment, I'm more excited for this expansion than the past few. Early class changes look good, Blizz is saying the right things about 5 mans, and the raid team hasn't really given me a reason to doubt them yet. In light of Destiny's newly revealed year 2 focus, this is where I'll be looking to get my quality encounter design fix.

5. The Witness

I loved Braid and generally approve of most of Blow's design philosophy for this game. Not much more to say.

6. Xcom 2

I loved the last one but didn't get a chance to sink my teeth into it at launch and didn't jump back in after the launch zeigeist had past. I've been meaning to give the Long War a shot one of these days. Might be just the thing to do before this launches.

7. Star Fox

Not the biggest fan of the franchise nor that enticed by what I've seen thus far, but Nintendo/Platinum is taking their time with it, and since it's Nintendo/Platinum- two of the best devs in the biz, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

8. Overwatch

Early impressions seem positive, it's got Blizz's polish and support, a fair business model, and, while not particularly relevant, has a pretty well put together aesthetic and universe. The only thing keeping this from being higher is that it does seem a tad derivative of pretty well worn design space after first glance. Hopefully, the sheer amount of variety possible in characters over a handful of classes will keep it fresh.

9. Yooka Laylee

I love a good 3D platformer, so I had to back this. I do have my reservations- I think the 64/collectathon era of platformers failed in pretty similar ways to the open world craze of today, but I have faith that the devs have learned from the years gone by and expect to see some quality level design, even if I have to wade through a hundred jiggies or whatever to find it.

10. Scalebound

Basically the same situation as Star Fox, but slightly more doubtful. Watering down the action side of the game in favor of a (likely) shallow Western ARPG influence doesn't play to Platinum's strengths nor my tastes... but, it's Platinum!

---

Not exactly that hyped for the coming year. While I'm definitely excited for the top 3, the rest sit a decent bit lower. I suspect the titles I'll end up enjoying the most either aren't announced or aren't on my radar yet. Would love to see Valve put something out- HL3, L4D3, Portal 3, a new IP, whatever- but even their development work on Dota has kind of slowed to a halt. Seems like VR has all hands on deck, so no idea when they'll ever get back on the dev front, if ever. At least Zelda and Souls are pretty safe bets.

Edit: Forgot about Yooka Laylee!
Edit2: and Xcom 2

Philippo

1) Final Fantasy XV - My most anticipated game since it's reveal as Versus XIII. No matter how badly the PR department publicize the game, it's aesthetics, the soundtrack, the lore and story premises are stronger than that. And i think deep down Tabata and his team are doing a great job with it, and i think in the end it will speak for itself. Can't believe this is actually the year it releases.

2) Persona 5 - After playing a handful of Asus titles, i can definitely say this game screams masterpiece, i think it'll have a huge impact even on visual and japanese-related culture in gaming (like P3 and P4 had from the beginning) right off the start.

3) Horizon: Zero Dawn - Pre-history + Post-post-apocalypse + Dino Robots + Open-world RPG? 'Nuff said

4) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - I just recently got my hand with the series thanks to the HD Collection and i'm loving it. This looks like the zenit of ND's strenghts, i'm expecting my jaw to be down the whole time, and a great send-off for gamining's Indiana Jones.

5) NieR Automata - Loved the first one despite the flaws, which looks like are going to be fixed by the amazing dream team behind this sequel. Would rate it higher, but i still am not sure it will release in 2016.

6) Tom Calncy's The Division
7) Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlesness
8) Street Fighter V
9) Project Setsuna
10) No Man's Sky

1. South Park: Fractured But Whole
2. Far Cry Primal
3. The Walking Dead: Michonne
4. Mafia III
5. Dead Island 2
6. Crackdown 3
7. Uncharted 4
8. Dishonored 2
9. Scalebound
10. Quantum Break

Mokuren

Neo Member
1. Legend of Zelda Wii U => Because A Link between worlds made me believe again.

2. Persona 5 => Because I miss my dungeons, my social links and expending a whole weekend morning buying one item from Tanaka's Amazing commodities. And the gameplay already shown looks sleeky, hysterical and fun.

3. The Last Guardian => Because I loved ICO and was bored to tears by Shadow of the Colossus.

4. Genei Ibun Roku => Because it looks even more hysterical and fun than Persona 5.

5. Fire Emblem Fates => Because I'll be #teamNohr all the way.

6. Final Fantasy XV => Because Lightning won't be on it and the boys band road trip concept looks enticing to me.

7. Quantum Break => Because if it makes lots of money Remedy will start developing Alan Wake 2 and if it bombs Remedy will start developing Alan Wake 2.

8. Kingdom Hearts III => Because they got rid of that horrible space ship gameplay and Winnie the Pooh almost made me cry with his last speech in the second one (the feels).

9. Xcom 2 => Because I played the first one to death even when shooting aliens was completely unfair (really? I failed again a 99,9% shot??).

10. Unravel => Because of its unravel in E3.

Ratrat

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda
Loved ME3 and I cant wait to play a new entry with all the upgrades of current gen.

2. Mirrors Edge -Catalyst
3. The Last Guardian
4. Dark Souls 3
5. Ni no Kuni 2
6. Uncharted 4
7. Gravity Daze 2
8. Final Fantasy 15
9. Deep Down

Firestorm

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
2. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
3. Yooka-Laylee
4. Overwatch
5. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
6. Ace Attorney 6
7. Mass Effect: Andromeda
8. Final Fantasy XV
9. Horizon: Zero Dawn
10. Recore

Sagittal

Banned
1. Persona 5
2. Mass Effect Andromeda
3. Final Fantasy XV
4. Zelda Wii U
5. Uncharted 4
6.Yooka- Laylee
7. The Last Guardian (If it is actually a 2016 release)
8. Firewatch
9. Horizon
10. Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Uraizen

Banned
1. Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code : I have a lot of love for this game and I'm glad to finally see it not only be localized but hit Steam in Spring of 2016. Thank you for this one, ArcSys.

2. Street Fighter V: Another entry in the Street Fighter series that tries to put a stronger emphasis on good fundamentals.

3. Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- : Another entry in the Guilty Gear series due out in Spring 2016. It adds back some fan favorites and original characters while refining the mechanics of the game.

4. Killer Instinct: Season 3 : Was a little unsure about this one but it seems to count as a full game according to the quick lists in the OP.

5. The King of Fighters XIV : Oh yes, I said it, the gameplay mechanics look solid.

6. Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel : Ayyyy, anime fighter

7. Star Fox Zero : Platinum Games

8. Nier: Automata : Platinum Games

9. Dark Souls III ; Another Souls game? Why not.

10. Megadimension Neptunia VII : Nep me.

Mugen08

1. Firewatch
2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
3. Tacoma
4. Superhot
5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
6. Trackmania Turbo
7. The Witness
8. Adrift
9. Xcom 2
10. Mass Effect: Andromeda

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
1. NieR: Automata
2. Street Fighter V
3. Uncharted 4
4. Final Fantasy XV
5. The Witness
6. The Last Guardian
7. Horizon: Zero Dawn
8. Persona 5
9. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
10. Firewatch

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
8. Styx: [Shards of Darkness]: the first game was probably my sleeper lttp game of
9. Styx: Shards of Darkness

Nice to see Styx 2 getting some love, if only a little. It's probably my #1, ahead of even Unch4rted and Firewatch. The potential is there for something very special in a genre that has, for many years, been criminally underserved. I just hope Focus delays the game if needed as late 2016 strikes me as a little ambitious -- don't be afraid to give Cyanide ample time to iron out the wrinkles.

1. Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past : A proper remake of one of the all-time juggernauts in the genre. I gave up hope for its localisation, but now that it's been confirmed, this hype train isn't stopping.
2. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma : Pretty stoked to see how the trilogy ends. Big fan of 999 and VLR, so it's only natural I'm excited. Visual novels were a genre I got into quite a bit during the DS days, and while I've mostly moved on, this is a series I'm going to stick with to its conclusion.
3. Nier: Automata : I'm not entirely sure if they'll hit 2016, but I'm staying hopeful. It's a sequel to one of my favourite console games of last generation, co-developed by one of my favourite studios.
4. Ghost Song : In spite of "Metroidvania" being a word that is often tossed around in the indie scene, very few games actually seem to fit the label. Ghost Song tosses the muddy "vania" part, and focuses on going straight Metroid. A lot of it seems quite familiar, but given how Nintendo isn't making these types of games any more, I'm welcoming them with open arms.
5. Persona 5 : Lower on my list than it ought to be really. The delay pumped the breaks on my anticipation and it's hard to regain the momentum.
6. Scalebound : I don't have an Xbox One, but this is the type of game that could push me over the edge and get one. I love Kamiya games, and I love it when he does big adventure titles. We don't know a lot about this title yet, but the pedigree practically ensures my interest.
7. Fire Emblem Fates : I still don't really have a plan for this one. There are two versions coming out, and I'm going to have to decide which one to start with. The idea is to play all the parts eventually, but I'm not sure if I'm going to find the time for all of it in 2016. One of them should be no problem though.
8. Horizon: Zero Dawn : Not a lot known at the moment, but what little I've seen does inspire me with confidence. The developer has always been talented, but never made games "for me". Now that they are trying out different things, it feels like my duty to support it. Also robo-dinosaurs.
9. Final Fantasy XV : A bit of a love-hate relationship with this one. In spite of what some people may say, we have been waiting on this one for an immensely long time. A really large chunk of their announced characters and ideas do not really appeal to me, and I found the demo to be a rather underwhelming mish-mash of uncohesive systems. Still, it's been on my radar for such a long time, I can't help but feel the need for some closure.
10. The Legend of Zelda Wii U : This is a token mention, whose ranking on the list is fluid. We know next to nothing about it, but I'm a huge fan of the series, and Link Between Worlds and Skyward Sword fill me with confidence that they'll know how to make a game I love.

ZiZ

1)Zelda Wii U
2)Dark souls 3
3)Horizon Zero Dawn
4)Mass Effect Andromeda
5)Final Fantasy XV
6)No Man's Sky
7)Ratchet & Clank
8)South Park:Fractured But Whole
9)Yooka-Layle
10)Bravely Default 2

yami4ct

1.Persona 5: This is finally the year! Persona is easily my favorite series of all time. I have faith P-Studio will deliver.
2. Zelda Wii U: I'm always up for more Zelda and everything shown about this looks astonishing. The art style combined with the scope of the world is breathtaking.
3. XCOM 2: I'm a huge fan of turn based strategy and Firaxis' last go at it was incredible. Can't wait to see where they take it.
4. Final Fantasy XV: It's really easy to get down on this game based on what was shown, but I've yet to have a mainline FF I didn't at least interesting (yes,even XIII).
5. Zero Time Dilemma: Uchikoshi will pretty much always have my attention
6.Dark Souls III: I'm eager to see what From learned from Bloodborne. Also eager to get back to the depth of character builds after the spareness of BB.
7. Fire Emblem Fates: I may not be hugely into some of the directions they've gone, but the gameplay is top notch. Excited to get 3 more campaigns of it.
8. Trails of Cold Steel II: I have fallen head over heels for the Trails series. What I've heard about Cold Steel II sounds incredible.
9. Uncharted 4: I have a ton of hope this will be the Uncharted 2 sequel I always wanted.
10. Mass Effect Andromeda: I'm eager to see what BIoWare will do with a fresh start in this world. The universe of Mass Effect is fascinating to me.

1. Gears of War 4 : Spending hundreds, probably thousands of hours with friends playing Gears multiplayer makes this the easy choice for me.

2. Mass Effect: Andromeda : I can't wait to jump back into BioWare's universe. Feels like it's been forever since ME3.

3. Scalebound : What they've shown looks phenomenal and an action-RPG by Kamiya oozes crazy amounts of potential.

4. Mirror's Edge Catalyst : I really enjoyed the first game and Catalyst looks like it will improve upon it in every way.

5. Gigantic : The beta has proven to me that Gigantic has all the makings to be incredible. I absolutely can't wait to play the full game.

6. Overwatch : The character design and art are really top notch. Doesn't hurt that it looks really fun to play too.

7. Killer Instinct Season 3 : Really looking forward to seeing what Iron Galaxy does to take Killer Instinct to even greater heights. Kim Wu!

8. Quantum Break : Even though it's been a long wait I'm still very much looking forward to this game. Everything they've shown looks outstanding.

9. Crackdown 3 : Very excited to see what they do with the series. I'm also glad Microsoft didn't let it end with the underwhelming Crackdown 2.

10. Final Fantasy XV : I was never particularly attached to Versus way back when but it's hard not to be excited for a main line Final Fantasy.

Honorable Mentions
x. Hyper Light Drifter : This was on my list last year and I'm still just as excited now as I was then. This has indie darling written all over it.
x. ReCore : Even though we haven't seen much of anything that trailer still managed to grab me. I'm very curious to see how it turns out.
x. Cuphead : One of the most phenomenal art and animation styles out there. The actual gameplay looks incredibly tight and fun too.
x. Below : Long time coming on this game but I haven't lost any excitement for it. I can't wait to figure out everything about the world of Below.
x. Sea of Thieves : Putting this in honorable mentions since the release window seems murky at best. Incredibly excited to see what Rare can do as they finally move away from Kinect.

1. Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma: I love the Zero Escape series, and I'm both relieved and excited to see the conclusion to it after some doubt that we ever would. I'm very optimistic about this game so far based off of what we've heard and seen, especially that this game being darker and closer to 999 in tone. So happy Aksys helped to make this happen.

2. New Danganronpa V3: A New Semester for Everyone's Killing Life: Danganronpa is one of my absolute favorite series right now. I've loved all of the games so far, and I'm definitely looking forward to this one. I can't wait to get back to the trials and see what Kodaka cooks up for this one. Pretty much the only reason this isn't first on the list is because I'm not sure if the localization will release in 2016.

3. Yooka-Laylee: The old Rare alumni are coming together to give us the game that we've all wanted for so long. Really hoping they can deliver on this one.

4. Gravity Rush 2:
I'm looking forward to playing a Gravity Rush game built for the PS4. It will be great to check back in on Kat after so long.

5. Dragon Quest VII: I've never actually played this game, but I've really liked the looks of it. Can't wait to play it after all this time.

6. Bravely Second: End Layer: The first one had its fair share of issues, but I'm still looking forward to playing the second.

7. Hyrule Warriors: Legends: I never played the original, but it will be great to be able to play this hack-and-slash on the go.

8. Persona 5: I love both Persona 3 & 4, and I'm definitely looking forward to this coming out too.

9. The Last Guardian: It looks really cool, and could have a lot of charm.

10. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final: The first is one of the best 3DS rpgs out there right now, so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Honorable Mention(s):

x. Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom: Per the OP it's currently ineligible for votes, but if it was, it would be on the above list.

x. Final Fantasy XV:

melchior_

1. Street Fighter V : Favorite fighting game franchise and I do love my fighting games....even if I'm terrible at them. :'(
2. Persona 5 : Still pretty new to the Persona series myself with P4 Golden being the only Persona I've actually finished but wow did the trailers get me all hot and bothered.
3. The Last Guardian : Trico. <3
4. Tekken 7 : Probably my second favorite series after SF. I think the only game I played as much as SFA3 was Tekken 3.
5. Gravity Rush 2 : Looks a lot like the first game. That's enough for me.
6. Megadimension Neptunia VII : Really enjoy the goofy comedy of this series.
7. Bravely Second End Layer : Loved Bravely Default on the 3DS so I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel.
8. Final Fantasy XV : Still not sure how much I like the combat in the demo but everything else I've seen from the game has me really excited.
9. Horizon Zero Dawn : Trailers looked amazing. The Shadow Fall engine is insane.
10. Ni-Oh : Trailer looked impressive. Dark Souls gameplay kind of has me scared though but I still want to try it out.

No real order from 6 onward but SFV is definitely the game I'm most excited about next year.

m4st4

1. UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END

-Lazarevic (multiplayer beta): 'Dreeeeeeeeeeek!'

2. NIER AUTOMATA

-gameplay trailer blew my mind, never finished Nier

3. SYBERIA 3

-Kate Walker is back, enough said

4. MIRROR'S EDGE: CATALYST

-loved the first one, everything seems in order

5. STREET FIGHTER V

-soon, you shall be mine

6. PERSONA 5

-nothing special to be added here

7. HORIZON: ZERO DAWN

-hopefully with a good enough story

8. FIREWATCH

-trailer was enough for me

9. SHANTAE: HALF-GENIE HERO

-Shantae on PS4!

10. THE LAST GUARDIAN

-hopefully in 2016

Neifirst

This will be the most RPG-heavy lineup of games I will buy in a calendar year ever...

1. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U): not much has been shown, but my hope is that Nintendo's vision of an open world will hearken back to the original NES Zelda, with an equal focus on combat and labyrinth exploration. And the fewer NPCs the better (not too hopeful on that front). Every single iteration of Nintendo's franchises have been superlative on Wii U, and I expect that will continue with Zelda.

2. Fire Emblem Fates (3DS): I already have the special edition ordered and am looking forward to this epic campaign which seems to emphasize more branching story lines than previous entries in the series.

3. Persona 5 (PS4): Those trailers just ooze so much style that I cannot wait to dive in. I really hope Atlus can get it out in NA during the summer when I'll actually have time to play.

4. Dragon Quest VII (3DS)

5. SMT x Fire Emblem (Wii U)

6. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)

7. Star Fox Zero (Wii U)

8. Bravely Second (3DS)

9. Dragon Quest VIII (3DS)

10. Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

1. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Favorite series with hope for the new entry.
2. Dishonored 2 - Very impressed with the gameplay and art of the first.
3. Street Fighter V
4. Hitman
5. Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
6. Homefront: The Revolution - The in-world style of UI appeals and hopefully has good depth.
7. P.A.M.E.L.A. - Seems to be a descendant of the Shock series.
8. Telltale Batman - I really like the psychology of Batman, lots to explore here.
9. Vampyr - Very curious about this vampire RPG after Dotnot made Life is Strange.

FerranMG

1. No man's sky
2. The Witness
3. Crackdown 3
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
6. Paragon
7. Overwatch
8. Firewatch
9. Yooka-Laylee
10. The Last Guardian

Mentions:
x. Amplitude
x. Far Cry Primal
x. Day of the Tentacle remaster

JonnyKong

1. Zelda U
2. Ryme
3. Yookee-Laylee
4. Uncharted 4
5. The Last Guardian
6. No Man's Sky
7. Cuphead
8. Starfox U
9. The Witness
10. Twilight Princess HD

I don't have to write a sentence for each one do I? Don't have the time right now.

1. XCOM 2

2. Mass Effect Andromeda

3. Overwatch

4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

5. No Man's Sky

6. Quantum Break

7. Gears of War 4

8. Crackdown 3

9. ReCore

10. Scalebound

blazeaire

1. Danganronpa 3
2. Persona 5
3. Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator (pretty sure I'm the only one more excited for this then SFV lol)
4. Fire Emblem F

bigmac996

1. Persona 5
2. The Last Guardian
3. Zelda Wii U
4. Nier: Automata
5. Cuphead
6. Scalebound
7. Uncharted 4
8. Dark Souls 3
9. Deus Ex
10. Ratchet and Clank

Honorable Mentions:
FF XV (really want this to be good)
Yooka-Laylee

Wingus

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : Uncharted games are just pure fun with great cast of characters and non-stop action. Looks damn good!

2. Persona 5 : Big RPG fan and big Persona 5. I don't expect anything less from this. The presentation is fabulous, especially the menus and stuff. :)

3. Fire Emblem Fates : Fire Emblem fan in general, and I love the idea of different paths this time.

4. Zero Escape 3 : Dark, engaging and mesmerising series.

5. Bravely Second : The first game was my GOTY 2013. Spiritual successor to my favourite FF5, I expect this sequel to be just a fun with its job system and game mechanics.

1. Deus Ex Mankind Divided : i like cyberpunk and roleplaying. last game i really liked the sarif and hengsha stuff.
2. XCOM 2 : i also like army or base management. last xcom had great combat.
3. Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 : i like 4x strategy and this period of history and its setting.
4. Mass Effect Andromeda : i like exploring new planets, especially anything with space and mining.
5. Final Fantasy 14 : i like chocobos and behemoths... the monsters look very amano

i think those are the main ones... could pick other great looking games but prob don't really care when they release, just sort of... 'awesome, let me know when they're ready,' whenever that is, and may not rush to play them. there's a couple i really hope turn out well but my expectations are a bit muted right now. but these are probably the ones that i really anticipate.

spekkeh

Banned
Usually the games on my most anticipated list ends up being horrible or delayed, where the game I didn't anticipate take the top spots of my GOTY list (usually not AAA either). But let's give it a try, at least I'm pretty sure of the first few.

1. Legend of Zelda Wii U: have you seen Zelda? Frankly I feel the mainline series has been on a downward slope since wind waker, and I was just about to cut it out of my heart, until I saw the Ghibli styled open world, exactly what I always wanted out of a zelda.
2. Mass Effect Andromeda: my favorite new IP of last console generation is returning. Somehow I don't actually believe it will come up this year, but that may just be a protection mechanism for my own hype.
3. Rise of the Tomb Raider: having just played the uncharted collection and the u4 beta, I realized I vastly prefer tomb raider reboot. In gameplay and in setting actually.
4. Uncharted 4: still, going to get this just for the pretties.
5. The last guardian: even though ico and sotc are pretty timeless, by now this game's design is ten years old and we know from Duke Nukem what that could mean. Well even if it's shite, I can't not see what it's all about right.
6. Persona 5: never played a Persona before, but I like the style and remember Catherine fondly.
7. Star Fox Zero: didn't look so hot, but it's Miyamoto x Platinum so we know it's going to play great, eventually.
8. The Witness: great fan of Braid and Blow, but the puzzles look a bit boring.
9. Horizon: Zero Dawn: Setting looks fantastic, not sure about Guerrilla's gameplay though.
10. No man's sky: getting anxious that the game is just a grindy loop that I tire off within minutes, but the pictures sure are something.

I'll say we're in for a treat next year. Even if some of these games get delayed, I didn't even get to mention Dreams, PSVR, Ratchet and Clank, Street Fighter 5, Firewatch, and motherf-ing NX (which if it releases will shoot to the top of my list instantly)

1. Deus Ex Mankind Divided: Sequel to my favourite game ever, and the previous game by them wasn't bad at all either.
2. Mirror's Edge Catalyst: I adore the original game and have been waiting for a sequel ever since. It seems like they know what they're doing with the game.
3. Dishonored 2: Dishonored was one of my favourite games in the recent years, and I'm excited for more.
4. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: I only got into Zelda recently (Wind Waker HD was my first one) but this one seems great from what they've said/shown.
5. XCOM 2: More XCOM!
6. Firewatch: Gone Home in a forest made by the Idle Thumbs guys.
7. Tacoma: Gone Home in space made by the Gone Home guys.
8. Dark Souls 3: Miyazaki's back, it'll be interesting to see what this is like.
9. Hitman: I'm just hoping this one's good, I love the Hitman games (before Absolution).
10. Mass Effect Andromeda: More Mass Effect? I don't really know what to expect from this, nor do I have full faith in it being a 2016 release.

I hope I didn't forget anything.
Dishonoured 2 and KH3 and RIME are confirmed to be 2016?
Well Dishonored 2 has been announced as a 2016 release, of course it could be delayed (but then the same is true for any game). They were saying first half of 2016 so a delay might just push it back to fall.

kazegami

1. Street Fighter V
As a fighting game fan, I simply cannot wait to play it. My all-time favorites are in (Nash, Karin and R. Mika)

2. Persona 5
I love Persona' series' moody atmosphere and gameplay. Besides, P5 seems to have the best art direction.

3. Rime
I was very moved by what I had seen in trailers. Great visuals, a huge world to discover... But I dislike Tequile Works' silence.

4. New Danganronpa V3
I love me some twisted anime world with dark humor. I loved Danganronpa 2, though the ending was a bit messy. Monokuma is the GOAT!

5. Dark Souls III
As a Souls fan, I had some doubts about DS 3 as DS2 is a little bit disappointment for me and I thought it is too early to release the 3rd installment. But, after I saw the latest gameplay trailer, I am relieved. Cannot wait to beat the game at least 5 times, again.

6. Ni-Oh
I have been waiting for a game like this for years. How come any Japanese developer did not make a game by combining Onimusha and Dark Souls up till now? I love the dark side of Japanese mythology and samurai action.

7. The Last Guardian
I still have doubts about this. Will we be able to play it next year? Maybe&#8230;

8. Final Fantasy XV
I don&#8217;t think it will be out next year. But&#8230; I can dream, right?

9. The King of Fighters XIV
I didn&#8217;t like the art style and new designs, but the gameplay looks great.

10. Nier Automata

I love Platinum Games.

overcast

1) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Everything I have seen of this game has been jaw dropping. Uncharted 2 was one of the best games of last gen and this is sure to be a massive improvement. Naughty Dog are at at the top of their game and I have no reason to believe this won't be the PS4's killer app.

2) Yooka-Laylee - A golden age 3D platformer reviavl made by many of the genre's best developers/minds. I was sold the minute I heard about it. Honestly, hopefully it can live up to the hype and I can hop around a charming world.

3) Persona 5 - A bit of an outlier for me given that I am not typically a JRPG fan. Hell, I haven't even played 4. Still this game has nailed everything I've seen about it and the hype has gotten to me. It shot up my list pretty quickly.

4) Nier Automata - Nier was maybe one of the most surprisingly great games of last generation. The world was unique, the characters were memorable and the story actually pushed me towards multiple playthroughs. These strengths actually outweighed the somewhat lacking gameplay. WIth Platinum on board to help, this game can improve those aspects and lead to a classic game.

5) Ratchet & Clank - One of my favorite franchises ever and probably my two favorite mascots. I felt like the last generation gave them a good start. Then the franchise somehow got over saturated.. at the same time it feels like there hasn't been a proper continuation in years. With this game the series can get a fresh start. All the gameplay I've seen seems to nail it. Hopefully it isn't just a pretty rehash.

6) Mirror's Edge: Catalyst - A fresh experience from last generation, Mirror's Edge having a sequel is all that needs to be said for me to be there. Simple is the name of the game; don't fuck it up.

7) Horizon: Zero Dawn - Horizon left me stunned at E3. In fact, it was my favorite presentation of the conference. The reason it isn't higher in this list is because I don't really trust Guerrilla games. Never been a fan of theirs. On top of that I am now just a cautious person when it comes to open world games. I feel like they hardly live up to their billing. Still the game looks incredible in many ways, hoping for the best. (Also doubtful to make '16).

8) Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Outstanding footage put this game on the list for me. Given how well regarded the last one was, I was sold. Yeah, I should have played Human Revolution by now.

9) Quantum Break - I don't own an Xbone otherwise this might be higher. Remedy games has a thing for making cult classics that I reflect upon really positively. Not sure how the TV aspect will work. But a mind bending game with time travel gameplay.. with Sam Lakes writing? That should be a great time.

10) No Man's Sky - This may have been higher last year. The simple fact is it has taken too long. I've lost a lot of the wonder and interest I had in it initially. Honestly, I'm not sure how fun the game will be. I just somewhat believe in its potential. Not sure if that is a good thing.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.

8. RiME: This game has a sort of Japan Studio, ICO vibe about it, only mixed with an almost Ghibli level of adventure, awe and style. It looks utterly beautiful and immensely creative. I honestly can't wait.

Dammit I totally forgot about this one ! We need to see more. It's about time for some gameplay. It's been 3 years.

Top Bottom