• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Game of 2016 (Voting has been over for weeks)

illusionary

I've been meaning to get around to posting here for a while - let's get this done!

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: I'm a huge Zelda fan and can't see this being anywhere short of superb - the only question is whether it actually makes it out in 2016!

2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD: See above for my feelings about Zelda :p I'm really looking forward to a good excuse to play through this again.

3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: If anything, the recently-announced delay seems a good thing, as Naughty Dog are clearly polishing the game to perfection. The Nathan Drake Collection has definitely whetted my appetite for a true current-gen Uncharted experience.

4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: Misguided pre-order campaign aside, it's Deus Ex - that in itself is enough for this to capture my interest.

5. Yooka-Laylee: I can easily see this slipping to 2017, but as the first game that I've every kickstarted, I'm very much following this with interest - Rare's platformers were among my favourite games of the N64 era.

6. Star Fox Zero: Lylat Wars (aka Star Fox 64) was great in its day, as were the Arwing-based segments in Star Fox Assault in my mind. Recent demos of the game have seemed much improved over E3 footage, so hopefully the game will bring to us the updated Star Fox experience that we've been lacking for a long while.

7. No Man's Sky: I'm not really attracted by the talk of VR, but the game's huge scope brings with it great potential. Hopefully there'll be enough to do in the game, to fulfill that.

8. Final Fantasy XV: I'm still somewhat doubtful that we'll actually see the game in 2016, though.

9. Fire Emblem Fates: I'll be pre-ordering just as soon as somewhere offers the EU special edition for sale!

10. Horizon: Zero Dawn: The game had a great E3 showing - we now just need to see a little more of it...

That was surprisingly easy to find 10 games to list, actually. Before stopping to think properly about it for a minute, I thought that I'd struggle to fill this out - but now I'm left with a fair few others that I could quite easily list!

1.) Zero Escape Vol. 3: Zero Time Dilemma - Probably the one game I'm anticipating the most out of any of them. I need the ending to this trilogy in my veins sooooooo badly.

2.) Persona 5 - I admit I haven't particularly kept up with the news and such for this one. I just put it here mostly because I thought 4G was great.

3.) Fire Emblem Fates - Similar to the above, it's on here simply due to goodwill because I actually liked Awakening.

I don't really have any other games I'm particularly looking forward to.

1. Persona 5 ;
2. The Last Guardian ;
3. NieR Automata ;
4. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U) ;
5. Dark Souls III ;
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn ;
7. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End ;
8. Ni-Oh ;
9. Dreams ;
10. Mass Effect Andromeda ;

1. Uncharted 4
2. FF XV
3. Persona 5
4. Zelda Wii U
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn
6. The Last Guardian
7. Mass Effect Andromeda
8. Firewatch
9. Mafia III
10. Rise of the Tomb Raider

roytheone

1. Dark Souls III;
2. Deus EX: Mankind Divided;
3. Rise of the tomb raider;
4. Mass effect: Andromeda;
5. The legend of zelda WiiU;
6. Dishonored 2;
7. XCOM 2;
8. The witness;
9. Planet coaster;
10. Yooka-laylee;

1. Rez Infinite : This is the game that single-handedly got me excited for VR. I went from "I don't think I really need a PS4 again" to "I'M ALL IN ON VR!!!"

2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: Been looking forward to this since the Wii U was first shown.

3. Zero Escape Vol. 3: Zero Time Dilemma : Love these games, can't wait to get this in my Vita

4. Deus Ex Mankind Divided : Loved Human Revolution, this has been one of my few must-haves since this gen began.

5. Uncharted 4: This has been another of those must-haves. I've finished them all up to this point, gotta finish the story.

6. Persona 5 : Part of me wants to hold off to see if there will be an improved portable version (I mean, isn't there always?), but I'm quite sure this could keep me occupied for a while either way.

7. World of Final Fantasy: Seems like a love letter to old school Final Fantasy the way Final Fantasy IX was. I'm a sucker for stuff like that. Plus, Vita release = yes.

8. Final Fantasy XV : This may climb the ladder as we get closer to release, but aside form the amazing visuals I'm kind of lukewarm on it right now.

9. Stranger of Sword City: I might get tired of this part way through, these Wizardry type games often wear me down after a while, but the art style looks awesome.

10. Mighty No. 9 : I got in on the kickstarter so this is coming my way no matter what; my interest has diminished since they showed it, but hopefully it'll either way.

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
2. The Last Guardian
3. Rain World
4. The Tomorrow Children
5. Hyper Light Drifter
6. Project Setsuna
7. No Man's Sky
8. Nier: Automata
9. Below
10. Dark Souls III

thuGG_pl

1. The Last Guardian: god I hope it delivers
2. Uncharted 4: it's Uncharted
3. XCOM 2: should be great after Enemy Unkown
4. Doom: I want to play classic FPS
5. Overwatch: looks promising, it was long ago I played multiplayer FPS, maybe it's time
6. Mass Effect: Andromeda: should be good scifi RPG
7. Rise of the Tomb Raider: previous one was good
8. RiME: looks interesting

Fynriel

Banned
I may not have any Photoshop skills to speak of, but I still wanted to do one of these.

hHT3Mux.jpg

Honorable Mentions

Adr1ft
Cuphead
Quantum Break
Ratchet and Clank
Horizon: Zero Dawn
No Man's Sky

Not seen enough yet or not sure if 2016

Yooka-Laylee
ReCore
Sea of Thieves
Rime
Cyberpunk 2077
South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Image Credit:

Mass Effect: MCE-Corvin
Final Fantasy: MekakuActors

Eolz

1. The Legend of Zelda WiiU : It was already my most anticipated game last year, and nothing is different now, even with a tiny teaser being the only new thing we've heard/seen from this game. The artstyle is fantastic, bad 3D Zeldas are still great, the new open world focus seems extremely promising, and that Nintendo polish for most things (OST, framerate, UX, etc) will obviously still be there. Won't have much competition to be my GOTY.

2. Nier: Automata : I never expected another Nier game, and even less expected such a dream team to work together. Absolutely can't wait, and will double/triple/etc dip for whichever platform getting a port.

3. Dragon Quest XI : Fantastic reveal, both versions (PS4 and 3DS) look great and with their own unique points. Great franchise underrated due to average spinoffs and poor sales/marketing in the west. Also basically launched the NX threads craze on Gaf since the whole port story.

4. Dark Souls 3 : Looks like the perfect combination of every Souls game made (including Bloodborne) with Miyazaki directing it. It will be a great game for sure, the question is, just how far can it go in terms of greatness?

5. Ni-Oh : I really thought Ninja Gaiden 4 would be announced this year and that Ni-Oh was dead, but I've been more than pleasantly surprised from what I've seen. Mixing the best of Team Ninja's combat experience and Souls elements in a fantastical samurai-era setting, this truly seems like it will be one of the most underappreciated games next year. I really hope KT gives it a good marketing push, people need to start paying more attention.

6. Street Fighter V : Had fun with both betas, but I'm still a bit disappointed by how some mechanics work. However, the launch roster is pretty good, Juri is confirmed, the OST is fantastic, and it'll likely stay the best fighter franchise on the market. Lots of hours will be spent on this game.

7. Persona 5 : Don't get me wrong, the game looks fantastic and really well polished, but I'm still getting disappointed at every new Persona episode. However, seeing how this one seems a little more mature/serious, with demons returning, an absolutely amazing UI and just globally more promising in terms of mechanics, I might be completely stunned by the final result.

8. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 : I love the DOA franchise. I'm not a big fan of DOAX games, but they're surprisingly addictive, and surprisingly deeper (on several levels) that some people would think. 3 being announced was partly a surprise, but it's really amazing that they can now showcase their new 3D models in a game like this. Not too mad about it not being published in the west since it will be localized in english anyway. Looking forward to try the VR features...

9. Rez Infinite : What a surprise! VR seems to work really well with this game, and it will still be playable on a screen as usual, with a lot of improvements over the already fantastic HD XBLA version. Honestly the first non-waifu centric game that convinced me to get a VR headset as soon as possible.

10. Gravity Rush 2 : The first game was way better than I expected it to be, and it's amazing that Sony is giving this IP a second chance with an impressive looking sequel on better hardware. I also hope people will try the remaster and then jump on this!

Honorable mentions:
Squadron 42, SMTIV Final, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Project X Zone 2, Yakuza 0, Scalebound, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Fire Emblem Fates, Bravely Second and probably some others I'm forgetting right now. They don't count anyway.

I'm not sure if the formatting is good, but hope it is. Also, Dragon Quest XI should count, since they said several times it's planned for the 30th anniversary.
Seems like a really good year, looking forward to whatever Nintendo will announce for NX or is keeping secret too.
Will try to make this post look a bit better later.

EthanC

Banned
1) Mass Effect
2) Zelda U
3) Quantum Break
4) Gears of War 4
5) Crackdown 3
6) No Man's Sky
7) Uncharted 4
8) Below
9) Cuphead
10) Dark Souls III

Syf

Banned
1. Overwatch : Played it at blizzcon and absolutely loved it. Blizzard is my favorite developer and I'm excited for another great one from them.

2. World of Warcraft: Legion : Changes look excellent, looking forward to the next chapter.

3. No Man's Sky : I love exploration and space. Game seems right in line with those. Hopefully it actually releases in 2016.

4. Divinity: Original Sin 2 : First one is fantastic, excited to see another.

5. Halo Wars 2 : RTS is my favorite genre, but it rarely gets any love these days so seeing another big name is nice. I hope it delivers and does well.

6. Mass Effect: Andromeda : Not much to say, I'm just a fan of the IP and look forward to playing the next one.

7. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : Last one was great, hope they deliver again.

8. Horizon: Zero Dawn : Great presentation at E3. Visual design is fantastic, gameplay looked fun. I think it has a lot of potential.

9. Far Cry Primal : It's a cool spin on the Far Cry formula. I think switching to this setting is right in line with what the IP is about.

10. Doom : I'm a Doom fan. There's some things to dislike in this one but a lot to like as well. I hope they put it together into a good package worthy of the IP.

bak4fun

Unconfirmed Member
There is too much stuff announced that I am looking forward to for 2016 I could probably have filled a top 30, but if I have to cut to 10 games it would be :

1. street fighter V : I've been playing street for more than two decades, still not good at it but I can't wait to kick my friends' ass at this one
2. the legend of zelda wii U : Mostly purely out of nostalgia for LTTP, I don't even like 3D zelda as much as 2D, but I can not be excited for a Zelda game
3. final fantasy 15 : Almost, a copy and paste from the comment for Zelda WiiU. A new final fantasy? Sign me in to have too much expectation.
4. no man's sky : I want to see that galaxy (or rather a tiny little bit of it) for myself.
5. doom : yep, a game I liked when I was younger, it seems it's mostly what makes me anticipate a game...
6. the last guardian : ICO and Shadow of the Colossus...
7. uncharted 4 : Naughty Dogs is one of my favorite developer and uncharted games were always fun. It also looks incredible
8. the division : I liked destiny so another shooter with loot sounds great
9. nioh : dark souls set in feudal japan? yes, please.
10. horizon zero dawn : The world is intriguing, the combat seems fun and the game looks beautiful.

GooWop

1. Horizon Zero Dawn

2. Uncharted 4

3. Final Fantasy XV

4. The Last Guardian

5. Quantum Break

6. Street Fighter V

7. Nier Automata

8. Ratchet & Clank

9. Rime
pleeeassseeee

10. Gravity Rush 2

1. Uncharted 4; simply Naughty Gods and i'm very excited for the multiplayer after the BETA
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn; GG are one of my all time favourite studios and their technical and art direction is superb in my eyes
  3. Deus Ex Mankind Devided: loved HR and i think MD will improve the foundation of the reboot
  4. Dark Souls 3; the series that keeps on punishing me and i like it :D
  5. Mirror's Edge; love the art style and free runing aspect
  6. Dreams; MMs games are just another thing that i can not describe
  7. DooM 4; after the alpha i can not wait for the return of the KING!
  8. No man Sky: ever since the reveal it had my interest
  9. Mighty No9; miss mega man
  10. Mass Effect Andromeda; this one is a big maybe as it does not have an official date, but hey one can hope for a Fallout 4 release thingy

1. Persona 5: Excited to experience this world and story.
2. The Witness: This is coming out soon. World-based puzzles can be fun.
3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: Here's hoping Naughty Dog has made a great game following The Last of Us.
4. Yooka-Laylee: The last big 3D platformer was 3D world, right? I love good versions of those things. Will this be one? I want to find out.
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn: This world looks cool. Man, it looks good. Gameplay and combat look like they could be compellingly tactical. You can hide in bushes.
6. Ratchet and Clank: It looks pretty. Fast paced design and scenarios, maybe? And it's closer on the release schedule.
7. Star Fox Zero: Nothing I've seen has indicated goodness, but if they're working out the issues, who's to say it couldn't be. I don't really have expectations for its quality, but if it is good, then it should provide some nice variety, in comparison to other releases. And, I guess in itself, too, what with the chicken walker.
8. The Legend of Zelda: If this is following in the footsteps of A Link Between Worlds, then it will rule. It has no release date though, so I don't need to look to it with too much anticipation just yet.
9. Far Cry Primal: I enjoyed Far Cry 4.
10. The Last Guardian: I hear Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are good games. I hear this is the follow-up to those. I like puzzle-adventures. Some action in there can be nice. No release date.

nn63rf5kjotp.878x0.z-z96kyq.jpg

1. Planet Coaster : And Frontier comes from the heavens to create the spiritual successor of RCT3, calling it the best theme park sim there's going to be, and there was much rejoice. In the far land of the dead, Atari is corrupting the old king, to a shell of itself. But it doesnt matter now, the habitants shout in unison: The King is dead! Long Live the King!
You dont believe me? Just take a look at the dev diaries:
Dev Diary 1: The Individual Experience
Dev Diary 2: Rewarding Creativity

2. The Legend of Zelda WiiU
3. Persona 5
4. Star Fox Zero
5. Mass Effect: Andromeda
6. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilema
7. Danganronpa v3
8. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
9. Fire Emblem Fates
10. The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine : And its so low becuase its an expansion instead a full game.

Asd202

1. FF XV
2. Persona 5
3. Trails of the Cold Steel II
4. Street Fighter V
5. Star Ocean 5
6. Uncharted 4
7. Gravity Rush 2
8. Fire Emblem: Fates Dark Souls 3
9. Dark Souls 3
10. The Last Guardian

888eddyx

1. The Legend of Zelda : I mean, there's not much to say besides I love Zelda and can't wait. That open world looks beautiful.

2. Fire Emblem Fates : Just finished Awakening and damn it was great. I can't wait to dive into this one.

3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : After seeing what they did with the Last of Us, I can't imagine what Naughty Dog has in store for Uncharted.

4. Star Fox 0 : I adored Star Fox 64 3D, which was my first experience with the series, and have been trying to find another title in the series as good, hopefully this one will be at least close.

5. Scalebound : I mean, Kamiya and Platinum have yet to let me down and I doubt this one will be the first.

6. Pokken Tournament : In all honesty, I don't like fighting games. I don't have the patience for them, or the skill. However, they have always interested me, so maybe this could be the game that allows me to enter this genre.

7. SUPERHOT : I've been waiting for this one for a while, and I still can't wait. While shooters aren't my favorite genre, I feel like this one has a fun enough gimmick that will keep me interested.

8. Yooka-Laylee : I love Banjo Kazooie, and hopefully this will live up to that game's legend.

9. Cuphead : Just looks like a fun old-school style game with a beautiful art style. It seems to me this could be 2016's Shovel Knight.

10. The Last Guardian : The legend of this game's development is enough to interest me.

WN5ByPJ.gif

1. What Remains of Edith Finch : I thought Unfinished Swan was fantastic, and this game’s set up – a collection of short stories about a cursed family set at various points during the last hundred years – is even more intriguing to me. I love the art style, I love weird fiction, and I’ll be buying this day 1.

2. No Man’s Sky : The hype won’t die. Not sure if the game will end up being as good as the version I’ve been playing in my head since it was announced, but I can’t wait to find out how close it gets.

3. Unravel : Yarny appearing from inside Martin Sahlin’s jacket was my favourite E3 2015 moment by far, and I never tire of puzzle platformers, especially ones as charming as Unravel appears.

4. Far Cry Primal : I’ve never played a Far Cry game before, but the Stone Age setting and that Beast Master trailer have got me seriously excited.

5. Ghost of a Tale : A super-cute minstrel mouse on a perilous adventure in a beautiful but deadly world. The dev is a former Hollywood animation director (who worked on Despicable Me, amongst other things) and he gives his game influences as Zelda, Ico, Dark Souls and the old Gothic series. The art for this game really is lovely.

6. Hellblade : I know some round here have problems with Ninja Theory gameplay but I’ve had a lot of fun with their titles. Their transparent approach to the development process has been extremely interesting and informative, and I’m hoping the ‘independent AAA’ concept will work out for them, so others may be spurred on to try it.

7. Firewatch : Looks great. Plus the devs are on GAF, and they’ve used this quote from GAF member so1337 on the first page of their dev blog, which makes me want the game even more for some reason.

8. Dark Souls 3 : It will annoy the hell out of me, I will swear and want to break things, and I will forget that I am a grown man and will rage quit like a stroppy thirteen year old. Several times. It’s going to be great.

9. Kingdom Come: Deliverance : Described as a realistic open world first person medieval RPG, if this lives up to its potential it will be glorious. Everything I’ve seen of it just makes me want it more.

10. Horizon: Zero Dawn : It’s been said before several times in this thread but holy hell - Robosaurus Rex! Dinomechs are tough to resist.

Honorable mentions:

Ratchet and Clank - If this was a brand new PS4 game and not a rework it would be near the top of my list. Still really looking forward to it, and the movie. Funny to think that there are now three generations of R&C fans in my family.

Mafia 3 – Love the change of setting and the new protagonist.

This War of Mine - The Little Ones – I think this could be seriously depressing, but I’m keen to play it nonetheless

The Witness – If the gameplay shows anything like the ingenuity Braid had, this will be great.

Raylan

Banned
1. Uncharted 4 : It's a Naughty Dog game. Enough said! And it's Nate's last ride... ;(
2. HORIZON - Zero Dawn : Can't remember the last time where I was that hyped for a RPG.
3. The Last Guardian : ICO and SOTC are two of my favourite games ever. Any questions?
4. DREAMS : This game looks unbelivable!
5. Ratchet & Clank : I have a feeling this is gonna be the last R&C game. Can't wait!
6. Gravity Rush 2 : I'm a big fan of the Vita game. And a big fan of SCE's Japan Studio.
7. ALIENATION : It's a Housemarque game. Any questions?
8. BOUND : The trailer looked awesome. Can't wait to finally try it.
9. What Remains of Edith Finch : Looks creepy and gorgeous
10. Street Fighter V : Big Street Fighter fan since.... forever!

Zavist

1. Horizon Zero Dawn
2. X COM 2
3. The King of Fighters XIV
4. Ratchet & Clank
5. No Man's Sky
6. Alienation
7. Gravity Rush 2
8. Star Citizen
9. Rain World
10. Street Fighter V

Agram

1. The Last Guardian - I cried when they re-announced it, so... SotC is my favorite game and I can't wait to finally play Ueda's next classic.
2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Naughty Dog = no disappointment
3. No Man's Sky - Game of my dreams and I hope it's good.
4. Dark Souls III - I know I will lose countless hours exploring the world and the lore. I'm a Souls fanboy

Fdkn

1. Final Fantasy XV - 10 years of hype can't be beaten
2. Dark Souls III - I need to die again
3. NieR: Automata - I still can't believe this exists.
4. Trails of Cold Steel - I'm european :<
5. Uncharted 4 - naughty gods
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn - robodinos what else do I need to say
7. Persona 5 - because it looks so cool
8. The Witness - I hope it has 666 puzzles.
9. No Man's Sky - infinite exploration
10. Ni Oh - Samurai souls

1. Uncharted 4
2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
3. XCOM 2
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. Tom Clancy's The Division
6. Street Fighter V
7. The Last Guardian
8. Overwatch
9. Ratchet & Clank
10. Star Fox Zero

1.Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
2. Persona 5
3. Mass Effect: Andromeda
4. World of Final Fantasy
5. 13 Sentinels: Aeris Rim
6. Final Fantasy XV
7. Kingdom Hearts III
8. Final Fantasy VII Remake
9. Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time
10. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

Runner Ups
1. Tales of Berseria
2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
3. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

Afro

1. The Witness
2. Firewatch
3. Battlefield 1
4. Overwatch
5. Obduction
6. Dishonored 2
7. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
8. Outlast 2
9. Samorost 3
10. No Man's Sky

25vOPgj.png

Honorable mentions:
x. Inside
x. Oxenfree
x. Blue Volta
x. Flame In The Flood
x. Gorogoa
x. Coral Cave
x. Hitman
x. Cuphead
x. Pathologic Remake
x. Allison Road
x. We Happy Few
x. Dead Island 2
x. Little Devil Inside
x. The Town of Light
x. Layers of Fear
x. Gears 4
x. Candle
x. Little Nightmares
x. Overland
x. ABZÛ
x. Watch Dogs 2
x. Forza Horizon 3
x. No Truce With The Furies
x. Beautiful Desolation
x. Wheels of Aurelia

RexNovis

Banned

1. No Man's Sky : This game is still a dream come true for me despite the elongated development process. I simply can't wait to explore planet sized planets in a vast and uncharted universe.

2. Ni-Oh : A combination of unpublished Akira Kurosawa manuscripts, art reminiscent of Onimusha, and brutal looking souls inspired combat make this an absolute no brainer for me.

3. Overwatch : I fully expect this game to become my next multiplayer addiction. Absolutely adore the character and gameplay design Uj this game so far.

4. Hyper Light Drifter : I feel like I've been waiting for this game for ever but I don't even care. Literally every peice of art, footage and news about this game makes me even more excited to play it and I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

5. Robinson The Journey : Magnificent looking dinosaurs totally sold me on VR. I can't even explain really why I'm so excited for this game just that I am inexplicably hyped put of my mind about it. RAWR!

6. Firewatch :

7. Rachet & Clank :

8. Star Ocean V :

9. Persona 5:

10. The Banner Saga 2 :

I think this list is a testament to the exciting new games coming out next year since the majority are new IPs. Albeit I purposefully limited this list to titles I 100% believe will be coming out in 2016 and this excluded the likes of Dragon Quest 11, FFXV and Kingdom Hearts 3 among others.

tejpis

Neo Member
1. Mass Effect: Andromeda Mass Effect is my favorite franchise, despite the sour taste left by the ending of the trilogy
2. Mafia III Great setting, if they can learn from GTA V the result could be amazing
3. Dark Souls III Can FromSoft continue shitting out stellar titles?
4. Mirror's Edge Catalyst Aww yeah, the human racing game returns
5. Dishonored 2 Underrated game and studio
6. The Division I'm in for a new persistent online AAA game
7. The Last Guardian Amazing director, not too impressed with what I've seen from this game though
8. Overwatch Looks cool albeit a bit stiff and slow for a non-tactical shooter
9. Far Cry Primal I thorougly enjoyed Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4 so I wouldn't mind more of the same
10. Street Fighter V Not a big fan of fighting games but the art and animations...

1. Persona 5
2. Danganronpa v3
3. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilema
4. Valkyria: Azure Revolution
5. XCOM 2
6. Rise of the Tomb Raider
7. God Eater 2 Rage Burst
8. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
9. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
10. Horizon: Zero Dawn

1. No Man's Sky: If I had this game when I was 12, I would have never left my room. I'm a huge sci-nerd and it looks like a game that will let me explore all the worlds I used look at on the cover of sci-fi books in the library and book store.
2. The Last Guardian: Nearly a decade in the making, this could end up terrible but how can you not be excited?
3. Mass Effect Andromeda: I need more Mass Effect in my life. Everyone does. I'm excited to see the new direction the franchise takes.
4. Uncharted 4: I love the Uncharted franchise. Uncharted 2 is one of my favorite games. 3 was a bit hit or miss for me, but I'm excited to see what they do with 4, especially since Naughty Dog is coming off The Last of Us.
5. Firewatch: The pedigree and names behind this game is ridiculous. Enough said.
6. The Witness: Jonathan Blow's take on Myst? It's been forever since Braid, so I'm excited to see what exactly he has been working on for so long.
7. Deus Ex Mankind Divided: I love cyberpunk.
8. Tacoma: Loved Gone Home. Can't wait to see what Fullbright has in store.
9. FFXV: Sure why not. I used to love Final Fantasy.
10. ZeldaU: I may end up buying a WiiU if it's any good.

Honorable mention:
xxx. ReCore - Excited to see the Metroid Prime guys doing something.

Mooreberg

My post vanished, so I will just relist without comments:

1. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
2. Uncharted 4
3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. Tekken 7
5. Final Fantasy XV
6. The Last Guardian
7. Quantum Break
8. Dark Souls III
9. Farcry Primal

ranmafan

1. No Man’s Sky : My most anticipated game and my most feared one. I want this game to finally be the big hyped game that follows through in this genre. I love space exploration, and I love what has been told about the game so far. I just hope the hype hasn’t been overblown. I really want this game to be that one that does it right.
2. Persona 5 : So close to number 1 for me. I love the look, and I love the series. Cant wait to finally get into it this summer.
3. Final Fantasy XV : After the years of waiting the fact we are so close to it is exciting. The demo was great, and I can’t wait to see where they go with the full game finally.
4. Shin Megami Tensei IV Final : Any other year, this would be number 1. But still its high up there and a game Im glad we are getting. IV was wonderful, so more of that world will be a blast.
5. Uncharted 4 : One of my favourite series last gen, so its a no brainer its here.
6. Ys VIII : Falcom never lets me down. Love everything Ive played from them. Ys especially
7. Valkyria: Azure Revolution : Fun series, so of course looking forward to this one.
8. The Last Guardian : Again another long awaited title. Should be a blast
9. Zelda Wii U : While Ive become less interested in it as of late, I still am looking forward to it.
10. Ryu Ga Gotoku 6 : The fantastic series, now with Beat Takeshi. Cant wait!

This was a tough list this year to make. Thankfully many of others big anticipated games have come out in Japan already so I had already played many of them. But what was left was so hard to choose. Ended up leaving off some great titles I can't wait for too, like Dangaronpa 3, Gravity Daze 2, and Yokai Watch 3 for instance. But what a year to look forward to!

VepsoO

Neo Member
1. XCOM 2 : I know it will be great. I think it will be great. I hope it will be great. Please be great
2. Stellaris : Paradox in space
3. Mass Effect Andromeda : Even though I'm getting a bit tired of the Bioware formula, Mass Effect may very well be my favourite IP
4. Doom
5. The Division
6. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
7. Shadow Warrior 2
8. The Banner Saga 2
9. The Guild 3
10. Total War: Warhammer

1. Zelda U : (WiiU) One of my favorite franchises is getting an open world game. It looks amazing and I eagerly await its arrival...that was desciption for last years thread. Just still waiting at his point.
2. Persona 5 : So hyped after playing Persona 4: Golden. One of my all time favorite games. Can't wait!
3. DanganRonpa 3 : (PSV) I got hardcore into DanganRonpa in late 2014 and that continued with Ultra Despair Girls. I eagerly await the next great Ronpa through this Dangan's Universe.
4. Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma : (3DS) The Epic conclusion to this great series. Glad to finally have it.
5. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest : (3DS)Loved Awakening to I can't wait for this one. Looks awesome.
6. Pokken Tournament : (WiiU) After getting fully into Smash 3DS (450+ Hours so far) it'll be great to have another fighting game with characters I love. 
7. The Last Guardian : (PS4) First played Shadow of the Colossus and Ico in 2012. And everything about this game looks awesome so I'm on board!
8. MegaDimension Neptunia: Victory II : (PS4) I got hardcore into the Neptunia series this year (2015) so I obviously am looking forward to the sequel. I also refer to it as Re;Birth 4. :p
9. MegaTagDimension Blanc+Neptune VS Zombies : (PSV) See above. Also best girl Blanc stars! Too bad Neptune has to get into the action.
10. Gravity Rush 2 : (PS4) Another great sequel. List is full of em lol. Nothing much to add.

maxcriden

I'm surprised to see so many Persona 5 votes simply because I had thought it was confirmed as 2017 in the West. Am I misremembering?

Fraxin

1. The Last Guardian
2. Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
3. Gravity Rush 2
4. Ni-oh
5. Persona 5
6. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
7. Final Fantasy XV
8. Project Setsuna
9. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
10. Horizon Zero Dawn

Ansea

Neo Member
1. Mass Affect : Andromeda
2. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
3. Mirror's Edge : Catalyst
4. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. Dark Souls III
6. Uncharted 4
7. The Last Guardian
8. The Division
9. No Man's Sky
10. Unravel

DKHF

I'm surprised to see so many Persona 5 votes simply because I had thought it was confirmed as 2017 in the West. Am I misremembering?
You can vote for games confirmed to come out in 2016 in any country so it's allowed. And it hasn't been confirmed for 2017 in the west.

Staf

1. Divinity original sin 2: WRPG is my go-to genre. While 2016 seems pretty weak when it comes to WRPGs compared to 2014/2015 in general, this really stands out. D:OS had the best combat i've played in years.
1. Deus ex mankind divded: Love the original and HR. Jensen may never have asked for this but i sure as hell are.
2. Mirror's edge: The first one was a flawed masterpiece. Just hope this keeps the combat to a minimum.
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn: Robot dinosaurs. Need i say more?
4. NieR: Automata: Looks freaking awesome. Love me some character action games.
5. Firewatch: Great art direction and the premise looks very fascinating.
6. Unravel: Looks like a great platformer. Would be higher on the list but i just know EA is going to mess it up somehow.

1. Uncharted 4 : A Thiefs End
2. Horizon : Zero Dawn
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
4. Final Fantasy XV
5. Persona 5
6. The Last Guardian
7. Gran Turismo : Sport
8. For Honor
9. Overwatch
10. No Mans Sky

Destiny 2 would be 3rd on the list but it hasn't been "officially" announced yet.

Top Bottom