• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Game of 2016 (Voting has been over for weeks)

Kriken

1. Zelda U: I have yet to be let down by a 3D Zelda game, and everything I've heard and seen about their newest project is sounding really promising.
  2. Dark Souls 3: I enjoyed Dark Souls 2 in spite of its flaws, with Miyazaki back as director, I have a lot of confidence this will be closer to Dark Souls 1 than Dark Souls 2.
  3. Scalebound: Hideki Kamiya convinced me to buy an Xbox One and I feel like with a year to polish, this game could end up being another Platinum great.
  4. Horizon Zero Dawn: This game looks fun to play and will probably be another tipping point for me getting a PS4 next year
  5. Star Fox Zero: I have a lot more faith in this game than most people, it looks like Star Fox and after being let down by the vehicles in Battlefront, that's okay in my book
  6. Mirror's Edge Catalyst: Enjoyed the first game quite a bit and am glad to see this sequel happen
  7. Zero Escape 3: I caught up with 99 and VLR after this was announced, I can say without a shadow of a doubt I am excited for this.
  8. Danganronpa 3: DESPAIR DESPAIR DESPAIR, I'm ready for more Monokuma and more class trials
  9. Fire Emblem Fates: I liked Awakening and impressions from the import thread seemed good
  10. Unravel: Cute little 2D platformer with a lot of charm and a unique mechanic, I can dig it

tcrunch

8733OqQ.gif
Wq3TzZI.gif
4SeqVHn.gif
hSTA4oq.gif

NHCYS9K.gif
uXfmbmh.gif
pztEKZR.gif
8JCW1T3.gif

3fOLxuN.gif
DNmHGHj.gif
UzQ0fjd.gif
ucLmCTl.gif

1. Dark Souls 3 : I like Blood, I like Souls, I like Darkness. I have never gotten off the boat. I like new weapon skills that increase the viability and variability of many different weapon types across PVP. I like enemies smart enough to backsmash you with their shield when you try and scoot behind them for criticals. I like giant monsters and giant knights, and giant monster knights. Anyone that disagrees needs to git gud.
2. Horizon Zero Dawn : New IPs in this day and age?
3. The Last Guardian : #Believe
4. Final Fantasy XV : I have always enjoyed Final Fantasy, though I am not a legacy player graced by a childhood strewn with Clouds. My first Final Fantasy was actually the MMO FFXI. My first single-player FF was 12. I adored both. I always have a good time with FF and I like the worlds and creatures, as well as the effortless badassery of the protagonists.
5. Mass Effect Andromeda : Well I loved 1 and 2 anyway.
6. Deus Ex Mankind Divided : Really enjoyed Human Revolution, I appreciate the series' complete embrace of multi-path victories.
7. The Legend of Zelda Wii U : Skyward Sword never happened, let's go.
8. ARK Survival Evolved : The only good dinosaur game since The Lost World and Dino Crisis on PSX. Currently in early access, held back by PVP balancing issues and grind, but I am hopeful they will figure it out by release.
9. Uncharted 4 A Thief's End : I've actually only played one Uncharted (U2) and the topic in general does not interest me as much as The Last of Us, but I cannot deny Naughty Dog is the master of facial animation and charismatic characters. The gameplay in the Uncharted I played was also more interesting than TLOU.

Regiruler

1) Zelda U
2) Overwatch
3) NieR: Automata
4) Metroid Prime Federation Force
5) SMT IV Final
6) Scalebound
7) Star Fox 0

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn
2. Final Fantasy XV
3. Street Fighter V: This game is looking pretty and fun. I'm looking forward to finding a new main, though I wish someone from IV (Viper/Juri) made it to the initial roster.
4. The Legend of Zelda
5. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
6. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
1) Resident Evil 0: Previews look gorgeous, and I'm really curious about the Wesker stuff.
Vc3T0e.gif

2) Dragon Quest VII: I've been waiting for this for a long time. DQVII was my favorite PS1 game. Can't wait to go back.
3) Persona 5
4) #FE: This just looks so damned goofy and crazy.
5) Scalebound
6) This War of Mine
7) Zelda Wii U: I own a Wii U. Might as well.
8) Quantum Break
9) Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
10) Uncharted 4: I actually was underwhelmed by the UC series (came LTTP and played them all at once), but I'm hoping the post-TLOU Naughty Dog will make things a little more interesting.

sappyday

1. Final Fantasy XV : I've been waiting for this game since I discovered it in 2008. I've had many moments when younger of me thinking of the day I'll have the game in my hands. I've had dreams of me playing it. It's finally coming this upcoming year and I can't be anymore excited.

2. Persona 5: I've only recently got into the Persona series but it has since become my third favorite franchise (behind Souls and Kingdom Hearts) so finally being able to play the new installments when it comes out will be glorious.

3. Dark Souls 3: My second favorite series and if those two games above weren't coming out and if the Souls wasn't a yearly franchise, something I don't mind, then this would be my #1.

4. Uncharted 4: Just looks like a lot of fun. I always appreciate a really good linear action game by Naughty Dog especially after so many open world games. This will fill my niche and I can't wait to sink into the multiplayer.

5. The Last Guardian: I love Shadow of the Colossus and I was really excited for this back in 2010. Still am but not as much anymore.

6. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: Really liked Human Revolution and it'll be a great RPG.

7. No Man's Sky: Probably the most ambitious game on this list and the one I'm worried about the most but I still BELIEVE!

8. The Witness: Excited to play this. Not sure why but the footage I've seen looks interesting. Not many indie games do that.

9. Mass Effect: Andromeda: Liked Mass Effect so this one might be good.

10. Zelda-U: It's Zelda and I couldn't think of anything else to put onto the list. Zelda and I have a weird relationship where I'm never excited for on their games but I usually end up getting them and liking them but not loving them.

CorySchmitz

1. The Last Guardian
2. Persona 5
3. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
4. No Man's Sky
5. Final Fantasy XV
6. Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories
7. Gravity Rush 2
8. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
9. NieR: Automata
10. The Legend of Zelda

(May edit)

Completely insane year, even if a few of those get delayed. The fact I couldn't fit Dark Souls III (Dark Souls II was my GOTY in 2014), Rez Infinite, Street Fighter V, Dreams, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Firewatch, The Witness, etc is crazy.

SmartBase

1. Squadron 42
2. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
3. No Man's Sky
4. Adr1ft

Not much for me next year. There's not a snowball's chance in hell my first pick will even make it in 2016, but that's its "official" window of release.

1. Uncharted 4
2. Dark Souls 3
3. Persona 5
4. Final Fantasy XV
5. Ni-Oh
6. World of Final Fantasy
7. Horizon: Zero Dawn
8. Final Fantasy Setsuna
9. Nier: Automata
10. Ratchet & Clank

will change if there're new games announced next year

1) Dark Souls III
2) XCom 2
3) Persona 5
4) Zelda
5) The Last Guardian
6) Uncharted 4
7) Ratchet & Clank
8) Firewatch (I need to see this but it has my attention)
9) Street Fighter V (although.. i'm going to buy it but i'm not that excited tbh)
10) Hitman

1. Persona 5: Let's have it make the top 10 the third year in a row, yes? Maybe it might actually release this time.

2. New Danganronpa V3

dZhxW3M.gif

3. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma

4. Yakuza 0

5. Ratchet & Clank: The original R&C is a game very dear to me, so I'm interested in seeing how they'll ruin it for the new generation.

6. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X: This is looking hella rough but I'll play the shit out of it anyway.

7. Fire Emblem Fates: I gotta bang the eyepatch guy. This is important.

8. NieR Automata

That is an outstanding banner. OP did you make it?

Here are my most anticipated titles of 2016

1. No Man's Sky

This is the game I've been waiting for my entire life. I never thought I'd live to see the day where I can get into any ship, go anywhere, shoot anything, to my heart's and mind's content.

2. Horizon Zero Dawn

The concept art that leaked ahead of this game's official reveal made me salivate. The trailer and gameplay videos got me full-on hunger pangin'

3. The Last Guardian

What can be said? Shadow of the Colossus is one of my all-time favourite games, and while I had a glimmer of hope this game would be released eventually, never did I think we'd get confirmation this year and that it was transfered to PS4. Dream come true.

4. Legend of Zelda Wii U

I'm dying to get back into Zelda. I haven't played a mainline Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.

5. Uncharted 4

Haven't yet played through UC3, but that hasn't stopped me from going full-diamond for UC4. Also, the multiplayer footage from the beta looks sick. I can see myself sinking lots of time into this one.

6. REZ Infinite (PSVR)
7. RIGS (PSVR)
8. Reserved
9. Reserved
10. Reserved

1) Quantum Break: Its Remedy
2) Gears of War 4: My favourite franchise, I trust Rod to get it right
3) Recore: What they've said already sounds good
4) Scalebound: Action RPG with Dragon ffs, how can you resist?
5) Halo Wars 2: First one was good and Creative Assembly are a good studio for it
6) Far Cry Primal: Loved FC3/4, can't wait to try something a bit different
7) Deus Ex Mankind Divided: HR was a big surprise for me, disappointed at the delay but hopefully we get a better game because of it
8) Adr1ft: I like space things
9) Below: Capy are awesome
10) Horizon Zero Dawn: Dino bots, I like Guerilla

daveo42

Banned
Not in any particular order at this point:

1. Persona 5
2. No Man's Sky
3. Uncharted 4
4. Gravity Rush 2
5. SMT IV: Final
6. The Last Guardian
7. Zero Escape 3
8. Horizon: Zero Dawn
9. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
10. Gravity Rush

Might swap Gravity Rush for something else. Not sure at this point though. Looking to see if I missed anything.

Edit: Tentative list. Real tough due to so many good games coming out in the next year (supposedly). Still holding my breath on FFXV actually coming out in 2016. Not expecting Ni No Kuni 2 to be done this year either.

#buildingthelist

1. Uncharted 4
2. Dark Souls 3
3. Persona V
4. Mass Effect: Andromeda
5. Horizon
5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
7. Final Fantasy XV
8. No Man's Sky
9. Dishonored 2
10. Homefront: The Revolution

Danlord

1. No Man's Sky
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
4. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
5. Firewatch
6. The Witness

Couldn't add The Last Guardian since it's only just "2016", same with "World of Final Fantasy".

No Man's Sky is easily my most anticipated game of 2016. I just know this game is going to be big. I can see myself exploring just a single planet for hours on ends, mining, digging caves etc. and that's before I even think about reaching the center of the galaxy (Center of Galaxy Speculation:
which will probably just open up access to more galaxies
)

Reserved for more.

1. Uncharted 4
2. Mass Effect Andromeda
3. Dark Souls 3
4. Horizon Zero Dawn

I'm surprised that's all I can come up with off the top of my head. Hopefully some others will come to me.

Zemm

what's with all the reserving? Just post when you have a list.

1. Dark Souls III
2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

1. Uncharted 4
2. Street Fighter V
3. Horizon
4. Final Fantasy XV
5. Nier Automata
6. Alienation
7. Gravity Rush 2
8. No Man's Sky
9. Persona 5
10.Dark Souls 3

1. Uncharted 4
2. Persona 5
3. Street Fighter V
4. The Last Guardian
5. Yakuza Zero (for the west)
6. Dark Souls 3
7. Final Fantasy XV
8. Horizon: Zero Dawn
9. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
10. Hitman

papercamm

1.) Dark Souls 3
2.) Below
3.) Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
4.) Quantum Break
5.) Scalebound
6.) Uncharted 4

Will return to later if I find any more games that I'm interested in

raven777

1. Persona 5
2. Final Fantasy XV
3. The Last Guardian
4. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
5. Yakuza 0
6. NieR Automata
7. Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3
8. Street Fighter V
9. Dark Souls 3
10. Gravity Rush 2

Tapejara

1) Tom Clancy's The Division : I never thought a Ubisoft game would end up so high on my list, but what we've seen of The Division thusfar looks quite promising. While I'm a singleplayer fan at heart, lately I've found myself drawn to these types of open, online-oriented games - God knows how much time I've spend in Destiny this past year. In that sense, The Division hits all of the right notes, and I'm quite excited to finally get my hands on it.

2) Uncharted 4 A Thief's End : It's the last Naughty Dog-developed Uncharted game - who isn't excited? I'm interested to see how the story ends for the cast of characters I've grown to love over the years.

3) Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : I'm looking forward to more stealth!

4) Gears of War 4 : Having just recently finished replaying Gears of War with a friend, I'm really looking forward to going through another Gears campaign. I have my issues with the series, but I think I can put them aside for another co-op romp.

5) Dark Souls 3 : Despite being a huge fan of Demon's Souls, I didn't find myself as enamored with Bloodborne as others are. Because I ended up skipping Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, I'm really craving the classic sword and shield combat.

6) Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands : It's co-op, open world Ghost Recon. You're damn right I'm excited.

7) Alienation : Top down shooter from the masterminds at Housemarquee; Alienation is basically Dead Nation with aliens. And that's a good thing.

8) Bound : I'm a big fan of Plastic's and Bound looks just as weird and experimental as their previous work.

9) NieR Automata : It's a sequel to NieR, what more could you possibly ask for?

10) Quantum Break : I've enjoyed every game I've played of Remedy's so I'm guessing Quantum Break won't disappoint. My hype has sort of dissipated over the years considering how long it's taken to release, but I'm still excited to play it!

KevinCow

Banned
1) Yooka-Laylee : Everything about this game looks fantastic. I can't believe we're finally getting a good new 3D collectathon platformer after all these years.

2) Ghost Song : It looks like the Metroid game that Nintendo refuses to make.

3) Zelda U : Because it's Zelda.

4) Dishonored 2 : The first Dishonored is one of my favorite stealth games, and I'm sure the sequel will be just as awesome.

5) Mirror's Edge Catalyst : I'm not a HUGE fan of the original game, but I liked it well enough to look forward to this one.

6) Ratchet & Clank : It's Ratchet & Clank. I was always more of a Jak fan to be honest, but I'm able to find some enjoyment from Ratchet.

7) Horizon: Zero Dawn : Looks pretty cool from what little was shown at E3.

8) Metroid Prime: Federation Force : Not exactly what I wanted from a new Metroid game, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda: Mass Effect is my favorite series of all time, and a new game that seems to go back to the roots of the original with a lot of focus on exploration sounds wonderful!

2. No Man's Sky: Been waiting for this for a long time and sure, the hype has died down a bit but I can't wait to get lost in Hello Games universe.

3. Firewatch: It just looks amazing

4. Dishonored II: The first one was my GOTY when it was released and that was the same year Mass Effect 3 came out. Can't wait to see what Arkane comes up with next with new powers, two protagonists and a new city.

5. Uncharted 4: The last Uncharted from Naughty Dog, and it is looking fantastic!

6. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: Loved Human Revolution and I have been waiting for this since 2011....

7. Horizon: Zero Dawn: A new IP with robotic dinosaurs and a female protagonist? Sign me up!

8. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst: A new Mirror's Edge is a dream coming true!

9. Ni No Kuni II: Once again, loved the original and it will be interesting to see if they can top the first one!

10. Ratchet & Clank: Just look at it!!!

EDIT: Really hard to pick 10 games, now that I'm done I remembered a lot of games that I'm also looking forward to:

South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Mafia 3
Persona 5
Hitman
The Division
Halo Wars 2 & Quantum Break (Even though I don't own an Xbox One)
Oulast 2
Crackdown
Gears of War 4
Shadow Warrior 2
Gravity Rush (Remastered and 2)
Overwatch
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Planet Coaster
RollerCoaster Tycoon World
The Banner Saga 2.

Begaria

Based on the 2016 List of Gaming with a bunch of games listed TBD 2016, here's mine:

1. Final Fantasy XV: It's been a long time coming. We're going to get a release date announced in March, I'm banking on a Fall/Holiday release date. Loved the Duscae demo, love everything I'm seeing, can't wait.

2. The Last Guardian: Been anticipating this one for almost as long as FFVSXIII/XV. I wanna play with Trico!

3. Persona 5: I've recently got into the Persona series after a long time of ignoring it. How wrong I was for doing so. Everything about Persona 5 oozes style, and in a sea of Action RPGs, it's awesome to see a traditional turn based JRPG get this much hype,

4. Horizon: Zero Dawn: An open world Action RPG with the gorgeous visuals Guerilla Games, written by Fallout: New Vegas' writer, and design by some ex-CD Projekt and Bethesda guys? In. My. Veins. NOW!

5. Star Ocean 5: Huge fan of the series, 4 kinda let me down, but 5 looks like a return to form. The fact you can use all of your party members in battle is going to be an interesting turn for the series.

6. Uncharted 4: The final Uncharted game by Naughty Dog. It looks awesome. It looks slick. Can't wait.

7. Dark Souls 3: Dark Souls + Bloodborne = Ultimate From Software Action RPG.

8. Ni-Oh: Dark Souls + Onimusha = Ultimate "I'm ok with this, let's see how this turns out" Action game :p

9. Gravity Rush Remastered: Love the art style, been eagerly awaiting to play the game since it was announced for PS4. Kinda iffy on the gravity gameplay, but I'll give it a shot.

10. Dragon Quest Builders: I love Dragon Quest anything. Not huge on Minecraft, but I'll definitely give this a shot.

There's obviously a ton of other games I'd love to list. If Ni no Kuni 2 was announced for 2016 during PSX, that'd have been my top pick.

LP_Dragon

Neo Member
1) Dark Souls 3 : It's Souls, and it looks like it is going to be the best one yet. Really excited for the grand finale.

2) Mass Effect: Andromeda : Mass Effect is probaly my favourite series, the reason for it to only make it secind place is lack of concret information (also not being able to play as an alien is a real bummer).

3) Ni Oh : Samaurai Souls? Count me in. Artstyle and Gameplay look on point.

4) Horizon: Zero Dawn : Looks amazing, i really dig the mixture of Robo-Dinos and primal Survival, but i am prserving my Hype until i see something of the Story

5) Nier: Automata : Having not played the first NieR, this immediatly hooked me nonetheless. Look incredibly good.

6) No Man's Sky : Still looking forward to this, not placed higher i am already waiting for this for 3 years.

7) Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Europe) : Probably my favourite Handheld-Series, and it looks like this is going to be a very good entry after the last disappointing one.

Producer

1. Street Fighter 5
2. Project Diva X
3. Ys 8
4. Dark Souls 3
5. Nights of Azure
6. SMT 4 Final
7. Trails of Cold Steel II

Denton

1. Kingdom Come: Deliverance: unique medieval singleplayer storybased RPG from creators of Mafia and Operation Flashpoint with physically driven melee combat taking place in my homeland - instant number 1!

2. Dishonored 2: Dishonored 1 was brilliant game and its expansion even more so. Harvey Smith will not disappoint, I expect even greater things from this one.

3. Hitman: my favourite stealth franchise is back - finally with emphasis on large open missions

4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: Human Revolution had its flaws, but overall was a great game, I hope they learned their lessons and will eliminate those flaws. Plus it takes place in Prague!

5. Mass Effect Andromeda: Love ME trilogy, hopefully Bioware won't fuck up like they did Inquisition...

6. Star Citizen: Squadron 42: please be good please be good please be good

7. Mirror's Edge Catalyst: Mirror's Edge in open world ? Why yes, yes I want this.

8. Mafia 3: New Orleans sounds great, now if only it was written competently like the first two..the team is different, we will see, I am hopeful.

9. Shadow Warrior 2: brilliant first game, Flying Wild How will deliver I am sure.

10. Tom Clancy's Division: curious to see how it stacks against the debut reveal trailer

Zalman

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U : Everything I've seen and heard about this game sounds like a dream. Nothing comes close to it for me.

2. Persona 5 : Persona 4 left a lasting impression on me. I'm hoping Persona 5 can do the same.

3. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End : The Uncharted series was one of my favorite new IPs from last generation, and I'm looking forward to play the finale.

4. Fire Emblem Fates : I'm getting the special edition that contains everything. Awakening was a huge leap for the franchise.

5. Gravity Rush 2 : A pretty unique franchise that is thankfully getting a second chance on the PS4.

6. The Last Guardian : It's been a long time, but I'm still excited for this. Shadow of the Colossus was one of the best games on PS2.

7. Pokkén Tournament : I love the Pokémon series and it's great to see it finally get its own fighter. And it's from Harada himself!

8. Ace Attorney 6 : It's the franchise that got me into visual novel games. I need to see what happens next.

9. Final Fantasy XV : It'll be interesting to see how this game turns out after so many years. I'm cautiously optimistic.

10. Street Fighter V : I'm looking forward to see how they've evolved one of the best fighting game franchises in the industry.

1. Ys VIII
2. Trails of Cold Steel II
3. Persona 5
4. Dark Souls 3
5. Danganronpa V3
6. Ni-Oh
7. Street Fighter 5
8. Nier Automata
9. Final Fantasy XV
10. Shadow Warrior 2

Vallasin

Neo Member
1. Uncharted 4 : After replaying all 3 prior games on PS4 i'm absolutely hooked again and after The Last of Us i have full faith in Naughty Dog.

2. The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine : Witcher 3 has become one of my favourite games of all time and Hearts of Stone was already a phenomenal DLC. I have no doubt that this addon will blow my mind again.

3. Warhammer: Total War : I love Warhammer and i'm a long time fan of the Total War series since Shogun 1. Just a perfect match. I just hope they manage to release it in a polished state this time.

4. XCOM 2 : XCOM Enemy Unknown was a really refreshing and exciting game and i really like what they've shown so far.

5. Horizon: Zero Dawn : That E3 showing was just jaw dropping. I'm not a huge fan of past Guerilla games, but i still think that this game will be good.

6. No Mans Sky : While i suspect this title to be more than a bit overhyped, i'm still intrigued by concept. Not much hope for the console version though. What they showed recently seemed really rough to me. I hope the pc version will be fine.

7. Overwatch : It's Blizzard. They always have my attention. They even got me to play a MOBA and a TCG ... both genres i had no interest in beforehand.

8. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : I really want to know how they'll continue what they started with Human Revolution. Also i'm already hyped for the soundtrack.

9. Dark Souls 3 : Once every year i have the itch to play something really challenging. This year gave me Bloodborne (which i loved) and next year it will be Dark Souls 3.

10. Firewatch : The visuals and the voice acting of the early trailers got me interested.

LordofPwn

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn : This game can't come out soon enough. Really hoping to hear more about the story and RPG elements at E3 this year and I'm very much hoping it make a fall 2016 release.

2. Ratchet & Clank : Loved these games along with insomniac. In fact the reason why i wanted a PS2 was to play the original. Also the game has pretty much been done since this summer so we may actually get a big named game releasing in 2016 that won't be hilariously broken when it launches. There's also a demo available at most PS4 kiosks inside gamestops and bestbuys at least in the US. give it a shot.

3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : Naughty Dog is an amazingly talented studio and Uncharted 4 is made with sorcery. I still need to play Uncharted 3 but i enjoyed 1 & 2.

4. Overwatch : I considered buying a PC to have a chance at getting into the closed Beta. I own a macbook pro. Game looks amazing, i have faith in Blizzard. plus free maps and characters post launch. Also why have Playstation and Microsoft not been promoting the game? i cant even pre-order the game on PSN.

5. The Legend of Zelda Wii U : I own a Wii U for windwaker HD, Mario Kart 8, and Smash Bros. I'd love a new Zelda game and man this one looks great. whether Link is a he, she, or something inbetween i do not care, just get into my veins!

6. Dragon Quest XI : I haven't played a dragon quest besides VIII, I'd really love a remaster of VIII on PS4, or PS3, or even Vita, but this one gets me excited in it's absence. hoping it comes to the west this year.

7. Final Fantasy XV : It's coming out this year finally right? right?...

8. No Man's Sky : Game looks fun, would love to give it a try, really hoping it's PSVR compatible

9. The Witness : PUZZLES!?! (may get replaced if i think of something different

10. The Division : Original reveal looked amazing, but it's ubisoft, and it seems like it's been in development hell. hoping for the best but will probably wait for reviews or an open beta before i buy.

1. Nier: Automata : (PlatinumGames, Square Enix) - Laboring diligently in the shadows for well over a decade, creative designer Yoko Taro has been crafting an overarching masterwork of tribulation in a pessimistic world. Undeniably a subjective experience in its execution, the Drakengard universe remains an unsung flagship for auteurist ambition in the interactive industry. Unique design choices have packed a poignant punch that lingers with those willing to delve beyond its shoestring presentation to unearth a charismatic fervor of characterization and haunting soundtracks. An enduring criticism over the lackluster, Dynasty Warrior-esque mechanics and low-poly framework appears to be finally addressed amidst the "Year of Dream Projects" as the undisputed king of hack-and-slash lends their refined talents to deliver what will likely be the most polish installment to date in the sequel to my personal magnum opus from the seventh-gen library of titles.

2. The Last Guardian : (genDESIGN, SCE Japan Studio) - Difficult to imagine an entire console generation would pass before the bookend installment to Team Ico's loosely-connected trilogy could finally reach retailer shelves. An understandable amount of skepticism does revolve around the title given it's presumably designer Fumito Ueda's last forte with the publisher that assisted in making his artistic endeavors such a formidable force in the interactive world. Admittedly, the latest E3 re-reveal didn't showcase any graphical overhaul from previous presentations and, obviously, competition has stepped forward in its absence to deliver evocative journeys under a familiar minimalist aesthetic. Regardless of these worries, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus have stood the test of time as inventive masterpieces from the PS2 selection. Our latest adventure will certainly prove to be satisfactory even on the chance the tale of a boy and his gryphon doesn't sore to the same heights as the previous feats. It would be worth the wait just to gain a lingering gaze into a world that speak volumes with little words.

3. Dark Souls III : (FromSoftware, Bandai Namco Games) - It was a revelation to see show strongly the trial-and-error, nihilistic aura of the Souls series resonated with the mainstream audience for seven years running. With the fifth iteration dropping within the coming months, designer Hidetaka Miyazaki returns to the fray after his noticeable absence in the previous romp while bouncing right off the success of its spiritual successor (and my personal "Game of the Year" pick), Bloodborne. Although it was initially misreported as the final installment, promises have been made toward our latest escapade serving as a "turning point" for the property likely motivated from the increased execution of the combat maneuvers and stronger emphasis upon the stat-building interfaces. After delivering four satisfying adventures within the past decade, I look forward to seeing what dark depths we'll explore this time around!

4. Final Fantasy XV : (Square Enix) - Another largely anticipated production that has been weatherworn from its decade within development hell. In the same time span, the bumbled audience reception of the XIII trilogy and the brutal impressions of XIV at launch have notable tarnished the brand name to the point where the developers need to start plotting their coordinates more careful in order to put the name back on the map. Thankfully, it would appear they've been fighting to make amends for the lackluster performance from the past ten years with the Heavenward overhaul with the online predecessor and the clear development transparency for the latest piece in the core installments. Structure of the combat sequences felt like an intriguing evolution for someone more preferable toward action-adventure gameplay and I'm hopeful the feedback from the demos will be enough to make me finally see another release into the gaming staple to the very end for the first time in a millennia.

5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : (Eidos Montreal, Square Enix) -

6. Horizon: Zero Dawn : (Guerrilla Games, SCE) -

7. Persona 5 : (Atlus) -

8. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst : (DICE, EA) -

9. Ni-Oh : (Team Ninja, Koei Tecmo) -

10. Hellblade : (Ninja Theory) -

Honorable Mentions:
xx. Attack on Titan (Omega Force) & Doom (id Software) -

xx. Gravity Rush [Remastered] : (Project Siren, Bluepoint Games, SCE) & No Man's Sky (Hello Games) -

xx. Shadow Warrior 2 (Flying Wild Hog) & Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (Naughty Dog) -

xx. Yakuza 0 (Sega) & TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan (PlatinumGames) -

xx. Steins;Gate 0 (5pb., Nitroplus) & Valkyria: Azure Revolution (Media.Vision) -

1. Uncharted 4
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Zero Escape 3
4. Ratchet and Clank
5. Street Fighter 5
6. The Witness
7. Gravity Rush 2
8. The Last Guardian
9. Nier Ataumata
10. Valkyria Azure Revolution

Struct09

1. The Legend of Zelda for Wii U
2. Dark Souls III
3. Yooka Laylee
4. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. Uncharted 4
6. Crackdown 3
7. No Man's Sky
8. The Witness
9. Mass Effect Andromeda
10. XCOM 2

Apenheul

1. The Legend of Zelda U
2. Dark Souls 3
3. Fire Emblem Fates
4. Scalebound
5. Zero Escape 3
6. Fire Emblem #
7. Gears of War 4
8. Horizon Zero Dawn
9. The Last Guardian
10. Persona 5

depths20XX

1. Persona 5
2. Street Fighter V
3. Dark Souls 3
4. The Last Guardian
5. Yakuza 0
6. Danganronpa V3
7. Horizon: Zero Dawn

1. No Man's Sky

2. Persona 5

3. Uncharted 4

4. Dragon Quest XI

5. Gran Turismo Sport

6. Project Setsuna

7. Danganronpa V3

8. Firewatch

9. Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE

10. The Legend of Zelda U

Will update with pictures and more text later. The fact that there is not enough space to put games like XCOM 2, Divinity Original Sin 2, Torment Tides of Numenera, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Street Fighter 5, Ace Attorney 6, Zero Escape 3, Cyberpunk 2077,
FF7R Episode 1
shows me that 2016, if not plagued by delays, will be fucking incredible.

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U : Zelda is my favorite franchise of all time and this looks like it could be one of the best entries yet.
2. Dark Souls III : I have become obsessed with Souls and Bloodborne this year, so I'm naturally incredibly excited for this game.
3. The Last Guardian : Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are two of my all-time favorites and I've been waiting forever for this one.
4. The Witness : This game has me very intrigued and I hope it delivers.
5. Dishonored 2 : The first game was a huge surprise for me and I can't wait for more.
6. Ni-Oh : Samurai Souls....I'm excited, to say the least.

adj_noun

1. Torment: Tides of Numenera : A spiritual sequel to the best book ever played, I have high hopes for this one.

2. Mass Effect: Andromeda : As much as I loved Shepherd, it's time to let go and see what else is out there. While I enjoyed Inquisition, I'd definitely like to see more focus on interesting side quests a la Witcher 3.

3. Cosmic Star Heroine : I've enjoyed Zeboyd Game's earlier retro RPG styled outings, and this looks like a hoot.

4. No Man's Sky : What do you DO? I already know my mission is to pick a planet and catalog every single friggin' thing on it. Screw the center of the galaxy, there's a shrub that needs naming.

5. Quantum Break : I loved Alan Wake's pseudo episodic format, and I'm really interested in how they integrate the TV aspect of the game.

6. Batman Telltale : Ok, last time I got really excited about Telltale getting a property was Game of Thrones and well, yeah. But I think focusing on the Dark Knight Detective aspect of Bats could really fall into Telltale's wheelhouse.

PolishQ

1. Dark Souls III
2. The Witness
3. The Last Guardian
4. FFXV
5. Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma
6. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
7. Uncharted 4
8. Firewatch
9. Gravity Rush 2
10. Horizon: Zero Dawn

viHuGi