• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Game of 2016 (Voting has been over for weeks)

Randy Savage

Neo Member
1. Uncharted 4
2. Kingdom Hearts 3
3. Final Fantasy XV
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. Unravel
6. No Man’s Sky
7. South Park: The Fractured but Whole
8. The Last Guardian
9. Ratchet & Clank
10. Hitman

Setting myself up for disappointment. Half of this list will be delayed. Ah well!

bcom33

Neo Member
  1. Uncharted 4: Coming off of The Last of Us, I'm very excited to see how Naughty Dog changes Uncharted with what they've learned technically, and narratively.
  2. The Last Guardian: Will it live up to the Shadow of the Colossus? Probably not, but it's sure to still be one of the most unique games to come out in 2016.
  3. Persona 5: Cannot wait to see how weird and quirky this one is.
  4. Horizon Zero Dawn: The setting and premise are fantastic. If they fill out the world with an interesting backstory and fun quests and gameplay, then it'll be a contender for GOTY.
  5. Mass Effect Andromeda: One of my favorite franchises. I'm excited to see how they reset for a new trilogy.
  6. Firewatch: The people behind this game are great storytellers. Sure to be one of the best narrative games of the year.
  7. No Man's Sky: Overhyped, yet still one of the most interesting games technically and graphically for next year.
  8. Tacoma: Another narrative-heavy game, which I will be picking up because of the team behind it.
  9. Mafia III: I love the setting in the Southern Bayou, and the Mafia games are fun GTA-like romps.
  10. Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC): I've only heard good things about the game, and can't wait to own it on the best platform.

kiyomi

1. Firewatch
2. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
3. No Man's Sky
4. Persona 5
5. Tacoma
6. Dishonored 2
7. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
8. Quadrilateral Cowboy
9. Cuphead
10. Rise of the Tomb Raider

s/o to Mass Effect, Overwatch and DOTA patch 6.87

jmizzal

Here we go

1. Zelda U
2. Deus ex mankind divided
3. Quantum Break
4. Star Fox Zero
5. the Division
6. Pokken WiiU
7. Zelda TD HD
8. Cyberpunk 2077 (I guess this is eligible they said they want it out by the end of 2016)
9. Genei Ibun Roku #FE
10. Hyrule Warriors legends

Have to check for the rest

1. Persona 5
2. Final Fantasy XV
3. Ratchet and Clank
4. Nier Automata
5. Valkyria Azure Revolution
6. Street Fighter V
7. Fire Emblem Fates
8. Star Ocean Integrity and Faithlessness
9. Gravity Rush 2
10. Zelda Wii U

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. No Man's Sky
3. The Last Guardian
4. Dark Souls 3
5. Uncharted 4
6. Ratchet & Clank
7. Horizon: Zero Dawn
8. Hitman
9. Street Fighter V
10. Star Fox 0

Had to sweat to come up with this list, and some other promising games didn't make the cut. What a year :)

1. Granturismo Sport
2. Uncharted 4
3. Dirt Rally
4. Ratchet and Clank
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. No Mans Sky
7. Gravity Rush 2
8. Ace Combat 7
9. Assetto Corsa
10. The Last Guardian

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
1. XCOM 2
2. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
3. The Legend of Zelda WiiU
4. Torment: Tides of Numenera
5. Dishonored 2
6. Dark Souls 3
7. Divinity Original Sin 2
8. Yooka-Laylee
9. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
10. Shadow Warrior 2

spliced

1. Dark Souls 3 : Another game in the Souls series almost seems too good to be true, but it's reality and only four months away. The first two games have already been some of the greatest games in gaming history and the third should continue the legacy.
2. Ratchet & Clank : The funniest series in gaming is back. Fortunately the humor is backed up by feel good gameplay and beautiful worlds, I can't wait to play through this twice as is the R&C tradition.

Not many other developers or games have earned enough trust to be anticipated.

1. Mass Effect Andromeda
2. Quantum Break
3. Crackdown 3
4. Scalebound
5.Gears of War 4
6. Dishonored 2
7. We Happy Few
8. Cuphead
9. OxenFree
10. Deus Ex Mankind Divided

The Rest:
Sea of Thieves
Halo Wars 2
Tacoma
Below
Unravel

1. Persona 5
2. Dark Souls 3

I am surely buying more but I am only anticipating this 2, the rest could be cancelled and I wouldn't care.

1. Mass Effect Andromeda
2. Final Fantasy XV
3. Halo Wars 2
4. Ni No Kuni 2
5. Uncharted 4
6. Horizon Zero Dawn
7. Gears of War 4
8. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
9. Quantum Break
10. Street Fighter 5

Thewonandonly

1. Gears of War: Gears is my jam and it is the reason that I am an xbox fan boy it is my halo. Im a little worried about a new studio working on it but I have faith now that ron ferguson is back.
2886427-gears-ofwar4-4.jpg

2. Dark souls 3: This is going to be the game. It has the main designer back(can't think of his name right now). From what I have seen it looks amazing and looks like it will have different builds which is something blood borne lacked.
Pursuer1_sample.0.jpg

3. Cuphead: Come on do you see this game. It is easily the most beautiful game I have ever seen and its all boss battles. Thats awesome I love boss battles. I have been waiting for this game all my life.
Cuphead_E3_06-1024x576.jpg

4. Horizon: Zero dawn: This game from what they have shown at e3 and paris looks amazing. Im a little weary about it being from guerrilla but from what they have shown I shouldn't doubt them.

5. Scalebound: A giant game about fighting dragons made by platinum. That sounds awesome and without seeing the gameplay I already want it. After seeing the game play I wasn't blown away but I know its going to be fun.

6. Crackdown 3: If this game makes it out in 2016 even though I doubt it I will be in heaven. I never played crackdown 1 or 2 but the destruction they showed at games con it looks amazing. Now if me and my friends can have that destruction while chasing criminals count me right in.

7. Quantum Break: This game shouldn't be this low but my god is next year going to be great. I don't know how I feel about the live action stuff but now that they got real T.V. and movie actors Im more excited. The gameplay they have shown also looks really good.

8. Farcry Primal: My favorite thing in far cry games is the bow and arrow's. A whole game set in ice age times that revolves around a bow and arrow awesome. The gameplay I saw looks about what I would expect so that why it's now higher.

9. Mirrors Edge: catalyst: I enjoyed the first mirrors edge and since this one is open worlds it has me more excited. I got bored of the first one fast though so thats why its not higher.

10. Enter the gungeon: This looks like the binding of isaac and nuclear thrones mashed together. Do I need to say more.

Extra: Mark my words everyone mark them. This E3 we are getting titan fall 2 announced and it will be released this time in fall because EA needs a shooter. It will also be phenomol and most likely my game of the year if gears isn't it.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
1. Dark Souls 3
2. Deus Ex: mankind divided
3. Hearts of Iron 4
4. Dragon's Dogma : Dark arizen
5. The Witness
6. Xcom 2
7. Final Fantasy XV
8. Shadow warrior 2
9. Overwatch
10. Death's Gambit

sörine

Banned
1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
2. Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
3. Monster Hunter X
4. Shin Megami Tensei IV Final
5. La-Mulana 2: The 0th Body The 9th Spirit
6. Protect Me Knight 2
7. Street Fighter V
8. Xanadu Next
9. Star Fox Zero
10. 3D Power Drift

Honorable mention: Dragon's Dogma Steam, DQ Builders, Ace Attorney 6, Bravely Second, Fire Emblem Fates, Rhythm Heaven 3DS, Dark Souls 3, 3D Puyo Puyo Tsuu, Dragon Quest VIII, TMNT Mutants in Manhattan.

EGOMON

1. Toukiden 2 : Toukiden Kiwami is my most played game on PS4 to date and my first monster hunting game i can't believe how addictive it was and fun i can't wait for T2 :)
2. Uncharted 4 : Uncharted series is one of my favorite games of all time and UC4 is looking mighty impressive and expanding everything good about the series
3. Horizon Zero Down : GG has been always under-appreciated but i always loved their games and with Horizon they are making my dream ARPG
4. Gran Turismo Sport : Its Gran Turismo do i need to say more :)
5. Ni-Oh : Onimusha 4 is my favorite game during PS2 era and this game is making me nostalgic and i can't wait to play anything similar to Onimusha
6. No Man's Sky : Space game are really rare and with NMS it seems we finally getting one
7. The Tomorrow Children : The concept of this game is really intriguing i want to live that world and want to see how it develop
8. WiLD : Open world animal role playing = fun
9. The Last Guardian : Finally!
10. Attack On Titans : I loved the anime and always wanted a game based on it

Edit:
0. Ace Combat 7 : My number 1 gaming franchise, unfortunately no firm date yet but since PSX15, AC7 jumped to my most anticipated game

godisntheradio

Neo Member
1. Persona 5 : i played p4g and p3fes for the first time this year and instantly fell in love, i need this bad;
2. Zero Escape 3 ZTD : another series i tried for the first time this year and fell in love with, i can't wait for the conclusion of this awesome trilogy;
3. Uncharted 4 : pls don't kill elena;
4. Dangaronpa v3 : yet another series i discovered this year, i haven't played 2 yet but theres enough time to catch up;
5. The last guardian : i loved ico and shadow of colossus, enough said;
6. Dark souls 3 : i haven't had enough souls/bloodborne yet, i want more;
7. Gravity Rush 2 : i had such a great time with gravity rush 1 on vita, i am more than willing to play the sequel
8. Firewatch : the videos i watched certainly made me very curious;
9. Horizon Zero Dawn : an AAA monster hunting game for home consoles sure is interesting;
10. Gran Turismo Sport : i hope it has a career mode like previous gt's because i love gran turismo and i need that louge jazz playing while i choose which cup to play, seriously.

ironcreed

Banned
1. Dark Souls III
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Nioh
4. Mass Effect: Andromeda
5. Scalebound
6. Uncharted 4
7. Nier: Automata
8. Quantum Break
9. No Man's Sky
10. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

AlphaK

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn
2. Uncharted 4
3. Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom
5. Final Fantasy XV
6. Ni-Oh
7. Star Ocean V
8. Nier: Automata
9. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
10. Dishonored 2

Honorable Mentions: The Division, Ratchet & Clank, Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, The Last Guardian, World of Final Fantasy, Mafia III, Dark Souls 3, Street Fighter V.

2016 is gonna be so insane!

hohoXD123

1. Persona 5
2. Uncharted 4
3. Final Fantasy XV
4. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. Zelda U
6. Ratchet & Clank
7. Danganronpa V3
8. Gravity Rush 2
9. The Last Guardian
10. No Man's Sky

There's also Dark Souls 3, Mass Effect, #FE, Zero Time Dilemma, Fire Emblem Fates, and Firewatch. Damn, 2016 is going to be an expensive year.

Edit: Why are people putting NNK2, that hasn't been confirmed as 2016 has it?

This, this is insanely hard. So many amazing games coming next year! All listed here are PS4 versions not that it matters.

1. Persona 5: Because Persona 4 Golden was simply amazing.

2. Horizon Zero Dawn: Zoids!

3. The Last Guardian: Firstly because I loved Ico so much and secondly I never thought it would actually happen.

4. Dark Souls III: Not much to say. Played every souls game, can't get enough of them.

5. Deus Ex Mankind Divided: More Gravel voices :D

6. Ni-Oh: Loved the old Onimusha games and having those mixed with Souls type combat, well they can't have my money fast enough.

7. Ratchet & Clank: Never played the original as I only got into the series last gen so playing it in those amazing visuals with new stuff? Yes, yes please.

8. Kingdom Come Deliverence: was one of the first backers. Looks so gooood.

9. Gravity Rush 2: So pretty, oh so pretty! Love the amazing art and unique gameplay this seems to deliver.

10. Firewatch: Was sold on the first trailer. Great premise all round. Stand out game.

myco666

Oh this time of the year already. Now this needs some serious thinking as there is lot of highly anticipated games for me. Need to actually investigate what games are even supposed to be launched next year.

Really excited to see how many games in the results will be same as last years voting.

BumRush

1. Mass Effect Andromeda: my favorite trilogy in gaming...new art / direction looks and sounds incredible. If Bioware can can capture the ambiance of the first 3 with a great sci-fi story, solid gameplay and gorgeous graphics, it'll be one of my favorite games of all time
2. Horizon Zero Dawn: from what we know so far, it's a gorgeous open world game featuring robot dinosaurs. It sounds like a dream game from when I was a kid.
3. Final Fantasy XV: honestly, FFXV could be #1 or unranked, depending how it turns out. I haven't enjoyed a FF since XII (haven't played the MMOs), and hope that the series returns to it's roots a bit with a less convoluted story. VI, VII, IX, etc. had great gameplay...but they were treasures because they story kept you wanting more. If XV has that, it will be amazing.
4. Dark Souls 3: after not enjoying DkS2 as much as Demon's or DkS1, I was blown away by Bloodborne. Although this is a return to the medieval setting of previous games in the series, it looks to have taken a few cues from BB.
5. Day of the Tentacle Remastered: DotT is my favorite PnC of all time. Although screens of the remake look a bit "lifeless" I think it looks great in motion. Haven't played it in 15+ years so I'm genuinely pumped to jump back in.
6. Uncharted 4: probably should be higher on the list but I feel like I 100% know what to expect. That doesn't mean I won't play and love the shit out of it though.
7. Street Fighter V: I suck at fighting games but SFV looks so unbelievably good. This will be the entry where I jump back in.
8. Ni-Oh
9. Persona 5
10. The Last Guardian

Posting so I won't forget...will come back in to edit in thoughts

dex3108

1. Dishonored 2
2. The Witness
3. Firewatch
4. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
5. Oxenfree
6. Ratchet & Clank
7. Unravel
8. Uncharted 4
9. Horizon Zero Down
10. Ghost Recon Wildlands

I am seriously asking: Wasn't Forza Horizon 3 announced yet for 2016 or why did only 2 people so far mention this promising title?

1) Quantum Break: Remedy and Sci Fi.
2) Mass Effect Andromeda: Next installment in one of my favourite franchises
3) Sea of Thieves: The next game from Gregg Mayles
4) ScaleBound
5) Dark Souls 3
6) Yooka Laylee
7) Crackdown
8) Gears 4
9) Uncharted 4
10) Zelda U

Also really looking forward to Killer Instinct season 3, and finding out more about Recore.

Sealed

Banned
1. Persona 5
2. Dark Souls III
3. Zelda U
4. Kingdom Hearts III (???)
5. Ni No Kuni 2
6. Ni Oh
7. Final Fantasy XV
8. The Last Guardian
9. Fire Emblem #
10. Fire Emblem Fates

some of these could be switched out, but that's the gist of it for now

N.A

Banned
1. Persona 5
2. Yakuza 0
3. Final Fantasy XV
4. Mass Effect Andromeda
5. Star Ocean V
6. Nier Automata
7. Scalebound
8. Illusory Revelations ♯FE
9. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
10. Horizon Zero Dawn

1. Dark Souls III
  2. Quantum Break
  3. Cuphead
  4. Rocket League for Xbox One
  5. Scalebound
  6. Gears of War 4
  7. Crackdown 3
  8. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  9. ReCore
  10. Killer Instinct: Season 3

My list is Xbox One-centric, as it's the only one of the three current consoles I own. I'm also looking forward to the releases of Uncharted 4 and the next Zelda, as they're great series.

andytjm

Neo Member
1) Zelda Wii U
2) Zero Escape 3
3) Ace Attorney 6
4) Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
5) Yooka-Laylee
6) Star Fox Zero
7) Twilight Princess HD
8) Mirror's Edge Catalyst
9) Uncharted 4
10) Resident Evil Origins Collection

T.O.P

Banned
1. Quantum Break : It's Remedy wich means it's gonna be amazing, and i also need to help finance AW2 the better i can :)
2. Scalebound
3. Fragments of Him
4. Doom
5. Mass Effect Andromeda
6. Street Fighter V
7. Dark Souls 3
8. Final Fantasy XV
9. Persona 5
10. Gears of War 4

1. Uncharted 4
2. Persona 5
3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
5. Final Fantasy XV
6. The Last Guardian
7. The Witness
8. Street Fighter V
9. Quantum Break
10. Gravity Rush 2

TM94

1. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
3. No Man's Sky
4. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
5. Uncharted 4
6. Crackdown 3
7. Horizon: Zero Dawn
8. Firewatch
9. Quantum Break
10. Ratchet & Clank

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
1. Persona 5 : P4 is the greatest achievement of mankind.
2. Zero Time Dilemma : I really thought we'd never see this series completed, ZE has the best story I know of, can't wait for the twists.
3. Danganronpa V3 : Wonder if they'll manage to make a character that tops Komaeda somehow...
4. Final Fantasy XV : I thought the demo was impressive, really like everything I've seen from the game.
5. Uncharted 4 : Played all the other ones, not gonna miss this.
6. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth : Been so long since I've played a Digimon game...
7. Yakuza 0 : Probably not the best place to finally start th series, but ehh...
8. Valkyria: Azure Revolution
9. No Man's Sky
10. Dark Souls 3

Honorary mentions:
Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness, Gravity Rush 2, The Last Guardian, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Dragon Quest XI, Street Fighter V.

luminous

1. Star Ocean 5
2. New Danganronpa V3
3. Persona 5
4. Project Diva Future Tone
5. Project Diva X
6. NieR Automata
7. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
8. Final Fantasy XV
9. Uncharted 4
10. World of Final Fantasy

Well there's not much to say about these other than I'm a fan of the previous games and that these are looking good so far... Other than maybe the fact that I was more hyped for XV before and my interest slightly fell down but. Yeah

1. Zero Escape 3- Zero Time Dilemma : Sequel to my GOAT. If this is bad I'll lose all faith in gaming.

2. New Danganronpa V3 : Love what we've seen so far, DR is my second favorite franchise (after Zero Escape), goddamn it MORE CLASS TRIALS FUCK YES

3. Adrift In A Cobalt Eternity : Unknown-ass promising OELVN (Original English Language Visual Novel). Has a great composer cast: Shinji Hosoe (999, Virtue's Last Reward), Xenoblade's composer, etc.
Due 2016 but more than likely won't make it.
Zero Escape inspired. Sign me the fuck up.

4. Root Double : This VN sounds amazing. Hope it lives up to Remember11, which is the closest thing I can think when it comes to this VN. R11 is one of my favorite VNs ever, so SIGN. ME. THE. FUCK. UP.

5. Root Letter : More Vita VNs are always a good thing. Unrelated to game #4.

Somehow can't remember any more 2016 confirmed titles. Is Steins; Gate 0 out yet?

Non-2016 confirmed titles I'm hyped for:
Exogenesis ~Perils Of Rebirth~
System Shock Remake
System Shock 3

NEO0MJ

Kinda funny how probably half the top ten would probably be from last year's vote :p

Gonna take some time to think of mine now.

G17

1. Uncharted 4
2. Gears of War 4
3. The Last Guardian
5. Quantum Break
6. Scalebound
7. Overwatch
8. Nier: Automata
9. Street Fighter V
10.Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

DKHF

1. Uncharted 4 : Have been a fan of the series since finishing Uncharted 2 in 2010, this is the return of Druckmann and Straley to the franchise and it will be interesting to see how the series (at least Naughty Dog's games) ends.
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn : Interesting setting, new IP and it's an open world action RPG from the writer of Fallout New Vegas.
3. The Legend of Zelda Wii U : The next 3D Zelda with what seems to be an awesome art style.
4. The Last Guardian : Interesting dynamic between Trico and the boy and Ueda and teams' next game.
5. Final Fantasy XV : Even if it's no longer Versus XIII/has the original vision it still has great potential.
6. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
7. Dragon Quest XI
8. Dishonored 2
9. No Man's Sky
10. Gravity Rush Remastered

CrisKre

1. The legend of Zelda for Wii U
2. The last Guardian
3. Starfox Zero
4. Scalebound
5. Fire Emblem: Fates
6. Persona 5