• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Game of 2016 (Voting has been over for weeks)

ME Andromeda would be my most anticipated title but I doubt that's coming out in 2016
Even if you personally feel that way, there's no reason to keep it off the list as it's still officially announced for 2016. That's the basis on which votes are counted :)

Andrefpvs

7Dce78j.png

1. Persona 5 : I need Persona 5. I need a game with characters I care about. I need a game with good turn-based battles. I need a game with a whole new soundtrack by one of my favourite video game composers. I need a game that will last me weeks, but that will still make me sad to see it end. I need Persona 5. But I need a great Persona 5. That's why I can wait until 2016.

olhqsIL.png

2. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X : These freaking games... these games are addicting as all hell! Let me tell you how I got into the Project Diva games. In September 2013, the demo for Project Diva F came out on PS3. I downloaded it mainly out of curiosity (I was not into Vocaloid music and barely knew what a Miku was), but for some reason I missed the tutorial. I tried to play a few songs, but I kept failing notes. "What the hell? I'm hitting the directional button -- why aren't the arrow notes registering?" Yeah, I really needed that tutorial. I also couldn't figure out how to correct the input lag. So I deleted the demo and never thought about the game again. In March 2014, the game was to be released on the PS Vita, and a demo was released a week before that. For some reason I can't remember now, I decided I should give the demo another try on Vita. And boy, am I glad I did. Not only did I finally play the tutorial, I found myself enjoying the Vita demo's selection of songs way more. Couple that with me finally learning the (great) gameplay, and the next week I was doing something I almost never do: buy a digital game at full price. I am thankful that SEGA released a demo for that game on both platforms, because if it wasn't for that, I would have never gotten into this series.

hgGyF5K.png

3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : Even though by the end of Uncharted 3 I was starting to feel a little burned out on the Uncharted series, enough time has passed that the urge to play a great new action adventure game has returned. It appears that Naughty Dog won't repeat the same mistakes they made with Uncharted 3 (writing a story around set-pieces, instead of the other way around), so expectations are high!

rV7D5ut.png

4. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue : I'm a sucker for Kingdom Hearts and I will buy anything. But seriously now, it will be great to play Dream Drop Distance with a controller and in 1080p. It would be a nice bonus if they improved on some of the design flaws of the original game (that broken Flowmotion...), but I'll take whatever they can do. As for the rest of the package, I'm looking forward to playing as Aqua again.

VXwLJK5.png

5. Final Fantasy XV : Last year's trailer (the one that introduced Luna) hyped me in a way very few trailers do. The soundtrack, by Yoko Shimomura, is guaranteed to be fantastic. The world map takes me back to when I was younger and used to explore forests and thickets. However, I can't help but be concerned about the overall game design and all the cuts and revisions made to the original vision. Final Fantasy Versus XIII is dead and buried. I just hope that we won't miss it after playing XV.

WWFloyW.png

6. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma : I loved 999. What a fantastic experience. Virtue's Last Reward was a good game as well. And it's great that the series is getting the conclusion it deserves. However, I think VLR pre-emptively hurt Zero Time Dilemma by basically having the ending be "Okay, here's what you're going to do in the third game!". It was an unnecessary sequel hook, and made VLR feel incomplete at the time. Therefore, I'm afraid there won't be a sense of mystery as big as the one in previous games. And, by writing this, I am fully aware that I will get Uchikoshi'd with some insane twists anyway. Bring it on!

iqFhMRf.png

7. Gravity Rush 2 : Gravity Rush was a lovely game. Kat was a charming protagonist. Hekseville was an interesting place to explore. But there was so much more that could have been done in that world. The game that needed a sequel is getting one. How have you been, Kat?

k9pccvq.png

8. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth : It's been ages since I paid any attention to Digimon, but this game looks good! I hope it has the Tsukame! Egaita yume wo/Mamore! Daiji na tomo wo/Takumashii jibun ni nareru sa/Shiranai pawaa ga yadoru haato ni hi ga tsuitara/Donna negai mo uso ja nai/Kitto kanau kara/Show me your brave heart song, because that shit was dope!

9VNiXCi.png

9. Cosmic Star Heroine : I will never not want to play 16-bit-styled RPGs. If Cosmic Star Heroine ends up having great characters and story, then I'm going to love it.

39UJjGz.png

10. Nights of Azure : Almost every year, there is a game I decide to play without knowing much about it. These almost always turn out to be good decisions, and I have discovered some of my favourite games by doing this. In 2016, I'll be doing this with Nights of Azure, which piqued my interest after its reveal.​

Honourable mentions: World of Final Fantasy, Pokémon GO, Gravity Rush Remastered, The Last Guardian
My choices from last year: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142722406&postcount=72

Razor554

1. Uncharted 4
2. The Last Guardian
3. Dark Souls III
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. Persona 5
6. Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant King
7. Final Fantasy XV
8. Ni-oh
9. Nier: Automata
10. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Nimby

Banned
1. Persona 5 : Oozes absolute style and focuses on themes rarely touched in video games. I'm hoping for a complete evolution, and revolution in some ways. Persona 5 looks to be achieving all of that and more.
2. Ni-Oh : The combat really sticks out to me. Decent character action blended with exploration, in some ways it reminds me of a "grown-up" Okami, but I think the main character looking like Geralt has a lot to do with that.
3. NieR Automata : Never played the original NieR or Drakengard, but now that platinum is involved my interest has piqued. The other games had potential, but the negative reactions about certain gameplay elements always turned me away.
4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : Love this series, loved the original, loved Human Revolution. Graphically, it looks outstanding so far. Bummer we have to wait all the way until August now.
5. Shin Megami Tensei IV Final : SMT IV was great, and now we're getting a sequel? Count me in! The only reason I would choose Persona 5 above this, is because it's Persona 5 and I've been craving that game since 2013! If Final improves on IV's flaws, it will be one hell of a game.
6. Mass Effect Andromeda : Trying to broaden my WRPG horizon, Mass Effect has always intrigued me. Apart from TES and Fallout, all my friends love Mass Effect and now I'm feeling left out!
7. DOOM : Loved Wolfenstein: TNO, and the new DOOM looks pretty great. Got to play the alpha a few days ago and had an overall fun time with it.
8. Genei Ibunroku #FE : Still disappointed about what it "could have been" but it's shaping up to be pretty interesting.
9. Dark Souls III : It's Dark Souls. And Miyazaki is back.
10. Yakuza 0 : Glad to see it getting localized. Still need to play all the PS3 games I've got in my backlog.

Honorable mentions: Ni No Kuni II (Don't think it's confirmed for 2016 yet), Valkyria Azure Revolution (Not much info on this title, but Valkyria Chronicles is great), Mirror's Edge Catalyst (Looks fun, but vomit-inducing at the same time!), Gravity Rush 2 (Glad to see it reach a better audience)​

Man

1. RIGS: Mechanized combat league
2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
3. Dreams
4. The Last Guardian
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn
6. Gran Turismo Sport
7. The London Heist
8. REZ Infinite
9. Whiteday
10. The Witness

I really don't believe Dreams will make 2016 (only Beta is promised, I think spring 2017) but voting for it none-the-less.

1. Dark Souls 3
2. Persona 5
3 Fire Emblem Fates
4. SMT 4 Final
5. Ace Attorney 6
6. The Last Guardian
7. WiLD
8. Cuphead
9. Nioh
10. Nier Automata

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
2. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
3. Yooka-Laylee
4. Fire Emblem Fates
5. Star Fox Zero
6. The Last Guardian
7. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
8. Final Fantasy XV
9. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD
10. Pokken Tournament

Holy shit GAF loves it's JRPG's!

1. Quantum Break
2. Crackdown 3
3. Gears of War 4
4. Cuphead
5. Scalebound
6. The Division
7. Sea of Thieves
8. Halo Wars 2
9. Horizon: Zero Dawn
10. Mirrors Edge

Scipio

1. Persona 5
2. Zelda U
3. Uncharted 4
4. Zero Escape 3
5. Cyberpunk 2077
6. Dark Souls III
7. Deus Ex
8. The Last Guardian
9. Ace Attorney 6
10. Fire Emblem Fates

OlgerO

Neo Member
1. The Witness : This game looks beautifull, and I am really ready for an exploration/puzzle game of this caliber

2. No Man's Sky : Exploring the galaxy and the wonders in it sounds pretty perfect to me, PS VR would make this game even more insane. Should entertain me for many hours.

3. Uncharted 4 : This is looking to be the best uncharted yet, the beta was fun, the graphics are insane, all gameplay and story I have seen looks fenominal.

4. Mass Effect:Andromeda : I loved mass effect 1 and 2, and with this game taking lace in another galaxy with probably new species and other things to be discovered has me excited, I also love sci fi.

5. Persona 5 : Only recently became very interested in this game, if it makes a leap compared to previous persona games, then this will probably be something special

6. The Last Guardian : Uncertain to some extent on how good this turns out, but if it gets close to the prevous games then this deserves to be on the list

7. Horizon: Zero Dawn : Looks interesting as hell

8. RIGS : I am very excited for PSVR. This seems to be one of the best titles coming out for it. ow just hoping that the headset will be below 400 Euros

9. Adr1ft : why not, it looks like a good sci fi game.

10. Dark Souls 3 : Bought most of the souls games as well as bloodborne. I am sure this will be another great entry.

I will probably adjust later, since I am sure I forgot some great games on here, Only 100% certainty of me buying them are the witness and no mans sky,

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: The Uncharted games are some of my favorites, and after The Last of Us, i'm excited to see what Naughty Dog does with what they've learned.

2. Firewatch: The concept is interesting, and I really like the whole aesthetic of the game.

3. The Witness: I've wanted this game since it was announced, and it's been a treat to see it evolve visually over the years, now in a short amount of time, we'll get to play it.

4. Tom Clancy's: The Division: It's one of those games where I wasn't sure that it was actually doable, but i'm interested to see how it all turns out..

5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: Human Revolution is one of my favorite RPGs of last gen, and this looks even better.

6. Dishonored 2: The first game was great, this would be higher on the list if there were actually gameplay.

7. Horizon Zero Dawn: It's cool seeing Guerrilla put their technical prowess into something unlike anything they've done as a studio.

8. Hitman: The gameplay enhancements of Absolution, with the openness of the originals.

9. No Mans Sky: I really want to try this out, as cool as it looks, it want to see how it plays.

10. Cyberpunk 2077: This releasing in 2016 is unlikely, but there are rumors surrounding it, it would be higher on the list if it were confirmed.

18711811930_c473d0e0d3_z.jpg

1. The Last Guardian : The E3 re-reveal of Team ICO's long-dormant game was probably the most heart-tugging video game announcement I've ever sat through. It was like seeing an old friend again after being separated for many long years. Ueda is a visionary, and despite it being a long time since his last directorial venture, I don't believe for an instant that he's lost any of the magic that made ICO and Shadow of the Colossus such unforgettable classics. The tale of Trico and a boy working together to escape from their imprisonment from the ruins of a vast castle is one that promises to be quietly thrilling and emotionally charged, and I can't wait to experience it.

gravity-rush-2-confirmed-for-north-america_q7pf.640.jpg

2. Gravity Rush 2 : The first entry on the Vita still ranks as my favourite game of the gen so far. Now Toyama and his team have cast off the handheld shackles and been allowed to flourish on the PS4, my hype levels are at maximum. It looks impossibly gorgeous, there's the promise of more amazing music from the virtuoso that is Kohei Tanaka, and the thrill of traversing through environments via the power of gravity manipulation is one that will never grow tiresome. All hail the return of the Gravity Queen.

c6351cd9433ea784b907823ab998d49f.jpg

3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : Sadly delayed to 2016, but my excitement has not dwindled; if anything it has only grown. Seeing the tweaks and small improvements made to the gameplay such as enhanced stealth elements, multi-tiered open locales, driving mechanics and the recently revealed branched dialogue has made the wait nigh-on impossible now. Almost there.

539545962.jpg

4. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst : Mirror's Edge is my favourite game of last gen. This is the follow-up that I was convinced for so many years would never happen. Despite an eye-rolling shift into the new hotness that is open-world design, the core elements that made the original so special don't appear to have been interfered with. The prospect of first-person platforming in an eerily clean and polished totalitarian state has lost none of its hold over me, and as a bonus Solar Fields has been brought back to compose the soundtrack. Welcome back Faith.

battle.jpg

5. Persona 5 : Golden converted me into a believer of the Persona franchise, and the more I see of this ambitious successor, the harder the waiting gets. It looks glorious, and represents a huge leap in graphical fidelity and production cvales from the last mainline installment. And as an advocate of turn-based mechanics, I'm glad to see there's still one big-budgeted JRPG out there waving the flag for old-school JRPG goodness.

x360-qDT.jpg

6. Danganronpa V3 : 2014 saw me become a firm fan of this series and its distinctly Japanese twist on the whodunnit formula. While I am a tad disappointed that this upcoming sequel will not continue the overarching story established by the other games, I am still very eager to subject myself to more disturbing premises, black humour, gruesome murders and DESPAIR!

Dreams-2-640x360.jpg

7. Dreams : Not an easy game to pigeonhole, but MediaMolecule are true innovators, and I can't wait to see what they can accomplish with this evolution on the "Play, Create, Share" mantra of LittleBigPlanet. I won't be doing much creating, but I sure can't wait to play all the surreal and abstract creations of players around the world, regardless of genre.

deus-ex-mankind-divided-official-box-art-revealed_qqh5.640.jpg

8. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : Not much I can say about this other than I loved Human Revolution, and I'm properly fucked off that this has been delayed by a whopping six months. Bring on the cyberpunk setting, the cybernetic powers, the stealth gameplay and another hacking mini-game that's surprisingly fun to play (hopefully).

final-fantasy-xv--640x360.jpg

9. Final Fantasy XV : This has the stench of 2017 all over it to be honest, but I'll give Tabata the benefit of the doubt and cross my fingers that this poor tortured project will finally come to its fruition next year. I just want the next mainline Final Fantasy to see the light of day and actually turn out good. Is that too much to ask for?

2946011-2183098879-l_560.jpg

10. Street Fighter V : #BringBackTheButtSlap

Games I wanted to mention, but aren't scheduled for a release next year or don't have a solid release date (to my knowledge)...

Shenmue 3
Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom
Hunger
Rime
Yakuza Zero

Edit - If there are any games in the top ten that aren't scheduled to come out in 2016, please tell me and I'll adjust the listing accordingly.

Danne

Neo Member
1. The Legend of Zelda : The last one I played was Twilight Princess on the Gamecube. Had no Nintendo Console since then, so I'm hyped for some new Zelda/Link/Linkle(?) and will buy a Wii U just for that
2. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End : I have a lot of faith in Naughty Dog to deliver on of the defining games of this generation of consoles
3. Overwatch : My friends and I have been dying for a fun, not TOO competitive shooter. Since they all play MOBAs, this might be an easier sell than other games
4. Rise of the Tomb Raider : Heard good things from the people playing the Xone version. Will play on PC
5. Firewatch : This might be a strange one for me (for many others as well): I'm a big fan of IdleThumbs so I'm really curious how many of their ideas, critiques and perspectives of/about other games take fruit in their own one
6. Mirror’s Edge Catalyst : I'm a sucker for first person parcour
7. Dishonored 2 : Liked the first one, although I think I kinda played it "wrong" (too reliant on stealth). This will be my chance to try a different playstyle
8. The Last Guardian : ICO didn't grab me, but I really enjoyed Shadows of the Colossus
9. Persona 5 : Not big on JRPGs and didn't play any of them but watched the Persona 4 Endurance Run by Giant Bomb from start to finish and enjoyed what I saw. Will decide after reviews
10. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : Was pleasantly surprised by Human Revolution but the whole pre-order-fiasco of this one makes me a bit weary. Will decide after reviews

Panda Rin

1. Persona 5
2. Dark Souls 3
3. XCOM 2
4. Uncharted 4
5. The Last Guardian
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
8. Firewatch
9. Dishonored 2
10. Ratchet and Clank

Next year is so hype.

Other games I'm interested in...

The Witness
Hyper Light Drifter
Enter the Gungeon
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC)
Dragon's Dogma (PC)
Amplitude
The Division
No Man's Sky
Planet Coaster
The Banner Saga 2
Cuphead
Below
Rime
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Nier: Automata

Jucksalbe

Banned
1. Star Ocean 5
2. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
3. Dragon Quest VII 3DS
4. The Legend of Zelda WiiU
5. Trails of Cold Steel; 2016 in Europe
6. No Man's Sky
7. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final; provided it's a 2016 title for the West
8. Xanadu Next
9. World of Final Fantasy
10. Persona 5

maouvin

1. Overwatch
2. Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator
3. Danganronpa V3
4. Persona 5
5. Digimon Cyber Sleuth
6. Nights of Azure
7. Gravity Rush 2
8. Valkyria: Azure Revolution
9. Horizon Zero Dawn
10. Gravity Rush 1 Remaster

1. Uncharted 4
2. Persona 5
3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. Zelda Wii U
5. Quantum Break
6. Dark Souls 3
7. No Mans Sky
8. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
9. Final Fantasy XV
10. Scalebound

1. Quantum Break
  2. Scalebound
  3. Zelda U
  4. Gears of War 4
  5. Killer Instinct Season 3
  6. Cuphead
  7. Recore
  8. Final Fantasy XV
  9. Below
  10. Sea of Thieves

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda : The continuation of my favorite gaming series of all time
2. ReCore : Even though we know very few details, I loved the teaser trailer and the premise, really looking forward to learning more
3. Quantum Break : Action and storytelling look to be really fun and enjoyable, another great title from Remedy
4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : HR was my favorite game of 2011. Looking forward to a new entry in the series
5. Gears of War 4 : Can't wait to see what the new team can do on the Xbox One
6. Doom : Big fan of 1-3, new one looks just liked I'd want a modern Doom to look
7. Tacoma : Just looks really cool
8. Inside : Loved Limbo, excited for Playdead's next game
9. Scalebound : Dragons
10. Cuphead : That art style!

Honorable Mentions:
No Man's Sky*
XCOM 2*
Hellblade*
Below
Adr1ft

* = this would probably make the top 10 if an Xbox One version had been announced

Tizoc

This oughta do it~
7eALXTw.jpg

1- Yakuza 0: SEGA's flagship Japanese title finally makes it westward, bringing with it not only it's trademark kickass action and gripping story, but filled with a variety of minigames and letting the player experience late 1980s Japan like never before.

2- Zero Time Dilemma aka Zero Escape 3: My body and mind are ready to blown away by whatever twisted and crazy ish that'll happen in this game

3- Dragon Quest VIII: DQ8 is one of my fav. jRPGs of the last decade and being able to play it on the go with effin' MORIE in my team has me all kinds of hype. Plus it offers a great sense of adventure in addition to the gameplay improvements

4- Dragon Quest VII: Heard a lot about this game and this appears to be the definitive ver. of the game to play. Besides it's DQ, I'm guaranteed a quality product.

5- Phoenix Wright 6: Capcom's graphical presentation of PW5 is among the BEST looking and animating games on the handheld and I am ready for not just more of that but also the series trademark humor

6- Melty Blood: Melty Blood FINALLY gets an official release on Steam, this'll be whatever the subtitle is for the current build being played in Japanese arcades. Praise the Banana Shiki!

7- King of Fighters XIV: I don't care about it's graphics this game's announcement during TGS '15 blew my mind and get my all kinds of hype, inject that KoF goodness into my veins SNK!

8- Street Fighter V: The latest entry in the series offers an interesting roster along with a well designed system and fantastic visuals. My body is ready to body fools with Clawless Claw's command grab.

9- Persona 5:
This game just OOZES style and it's not even out yet, it deserves whatever hype or praise it gets.

10- Guilty Gear Xrd REVELATOR: While the new additions have so far not being characters I'm interested in, I'm looking forward to playing the 2nd chapter in the Xrd series, cuz Potemkin Bustering fools after posing funkily is the way I roll, scubs~

Voliko

1.) Nier 2 : Sequel to one of the most original games I've played, Platinum games on board, same composer, it's basically any fan's dream project after playing the first game.
2.) Gears of War 4 : If the multiplayer is at least as good as 3 this will be a blast. The single player looks to be a snooze, as usual :)
3.) Zero Escape 3
4.) Scalebound : Kamiya
5.) Ys 8 : I'm cautious about this one. The increasing amount of RPG and open world elements in the games have been unwelcome.
6.) Dark Souls 3
7.) Zelda U
8.) Illusory Revelations ♯FE : I'm not too excited but I'm curious to see what the team does assuming some of the old Careersoft people are working on it.

Can't think of anything else. Where are the non-shooter action games? Why does everything have to have RPG elements? Will this trend continue? I think so unfortunately.

1. Dark Souls III : I kneel at the altar of Miyazaki
2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : Naughty Gods will deliver
3. Mass Effect: Andromeda : I really miss this universe
4. DOOM
5. Alienation
6. Final Fantasy XV
8. The Legend of Zelda
9. Horizon: Zero Dawn
10. Hyper Light Drifter

1. Zelda Wii U: Love the art style!
2. No Man's Sky: Looks very relaxing and ambitious.
3. Far Cry Primal: The premise sounds fun!
4. Mafia III: 1968 New Orleans looks like a fun playground.
5. Horizon Zero Dawn: Giant mechanical dinosaurs!!
6. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: The setting looks interesting, and I like stealth games.
7. Ghost Recon Wildlands: Big open world with a fun premise.

AHA-Lambda

1. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: more deus ex, and that's all I need frankly! :D
2. Dark Souls III: same as above tbh, more Dark Souls! :D
3. Hitman: looks like a great return to form for the series after Absolution, high hopes here
4. Uncharted 4: more Uncharted is never a bad thing, only thing I fear is it may end up a bit stale now, but I'm still excited after what I saw from PSX, the writing and acting in these games are just stellar
5. XCOM 2: been quite a while now since EU, looking forward to getting my ass kicked at the only strategy series I like again!
6. Superhot: it's just such a novel concept that grabs my attention! I have no idea how extensive the final game will be, heck I fear it could end up having little to it, but there is such novelty here that I have to try it
7. Tacoma: loved Gone Home so I'm very much looking forward to this
8. Styx: Master of Shadows: the first game was probably my sleeper lttp game of this year for me, a surprisingly great stealth game that few seem to know about, that is more Thief than Thi4f ever was, so I am all in for the next one.
9. Doom: cautiously optimistic for this one, intrigued what Bethesda/id will do
10. Dishonored 2: more Dishonored, I'm in

Seraphym

1. Zelda WiiU
2. Gears of War 4 X1
3. Cuphead X1
4. Halo Wars 2 X1
5. Recore X1
6. Yooka-Laylee X1
7. Star Fox Zero WiiU
8. Twilight Princess HD WiiU
9. Crackdown 3 X1
10. Forza Horizon 3 (fingers crossed)

darthkarki

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: It's Naughty Dog. The Uncharted series is probably my favorite in all of gaming and includes some of my favorite characters in all of fiction. I'm madly in love with romantic treasure hunting adventures and cannot wait to experience the next one.
  2. Horizon: Zero Dawn: The reveal for this game blew me away, as it seems to have done for many others. I'm a sucker for third-person action/adventures and open worlds, and the bow and arrow is one of my favorite weapons in games. The graphics are stunning, the world looks incredibly interesting to explore, and controls, animations, and gameplay are looking fantastic.
  3. Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC): My attraction to the Tomb Raider franchise goes right along with Uncharted. I love rollicking world-hopping adventure, and the reboot was my favorite game of 2013 due to the fantastic gameplay and enjoyable progress of empowerment through gaining new weapons and upgrading them.
  4. Mass Effect: Andromeda: The reveal of the original Mass Effect sticks in my memory as the first big "Woah..." next-gen moment for me. KotOR was and is one of my favorite games of all time, and seeing the incredible detail that next-gen brought to a space-faring epic like that entranced me from the start. Mass Effect had a big impact on me and has a special place in my heart, so I'm incredibly excited to return to that universe. Promised gameplay improvements and renewed focus on exploration with such tools as the jetpack and re-tuned Mako make me hopeful this will be the biggest and best yet.
  5. The Division: Who didn't gawp at that reveal trailer/gameplay? We'll have to see if the final graphics measure up to that incredible bar, but this looks like it's going to be a wonderful world to explore. There's something incredibly evocative about an abandoned city in the dead of winter that just begs to be explored.
  6. Dishonored 2: I was late to the party with Dishonored, but the hype was absolutely warranted. The freedom this game gives you to creatively approach objectives your own way with a varied set of tools and abilities that all feel great to use, combined with some fantastic world building, makes for a very memorable experience and one of the best stealth games out there. I can't wait to see how the sequel expands on it.
  7. Final Fantasy XV: Final Fantasy is intruiging to me. FFIX is the only one I've actually completed, though I've played a couple of its predescessors for varying lengths of time. I'm drawn to Square Enix's incredibly unique worlds and art styles, but gameplay wise they've never quite been my cup of tea. Final Fantasy XV looks to be much more action focused with direct character control and some fantastic graphics and animation, so I'm hoping this might finally be the Final Fantasy world I can get sucked into without an archaic combat and control system dragging me out of the immersion.
  8. No Man's Sky: I want to go to there.
  9. Far Cry Primal: I love it when we get games like this set in a totally new time and place that hasn't been explored in gaming. This is far more interesting to me than another modern day shoot em' up, and who doesn't want to ride a trained sabertooth?
  10. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PC): I was interested in Dragon's Dogma when it was first announced, but with it being console only I didn't have a chance to play it and didn't follow it. Now with it coming to PC I'm hearing a lot of hype about how good it was so I'm eager to check it out myself. Climbing around on monsters and stabbing them in the eye sounds like a good time.

Matsukaze

1. Persona 5
2. Dark Souls III
3. Street Fighter V
4. Ni-Oh
5. Fire Emblem Fates
6. Dishonored 2
7. The Last Guardian
8. Final Fantasy XV
9. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final
10. Firewatch

UrbanRats

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Zelda U
3. Nier Automata
4. Mass Effect Andromeda
5. Last Guardian
6. Horizon Zero Dawn
7. Uncharted 4
8. Dark Souls 3
9. Gravity Daze 2
10. Rime

Predicting Final Fantasy and Horizon to be bumped into 2017, tho; Nier and Mass Effect, too.

TheAssist

1. Uncharted 4
2. Firewatch
3. South Park: The Fractured but Whole
4. Persona 5
5. Final Fantasy XV

These are the games I would buy blind (except for FF, that here because of naiv hopes and dreams). All other games need to convince me first.

Krafter

1. Persona 5
2. Genei Ibunroku #FE
3. XCOM 2
4. Fire Emblem Fates
5. The Last Guardian
6. DOOM
7. Star Ocean V
8. Nights of Azure
9. Stranger of Sword City
10. Hearts of Iron IV

Griss

1. Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma: Look, if you played VLR you get it, if you don't you don't.
2. Deus Ex Mankind Divided: I just have a strange feeling like they're going to deliver a masterpiece. The first one was amazing despite the fact that it could be improved in a lot of ways. This should be that improvement. Doesn't hurt that I love the setting and the art style.
3. The Last Guardian: Forget about the wait, it's the next game after SotC. That in and of itself makes it a must play.
4. Persona 5: Not a huge RPG fan these days but everything I've seen of this looks incredible.
5. Zelda Wii U: Worried about this one, but Zelda has always been my favourite franchise so the curiosity and hype is still there. Can Nintendo deliver an open-world game that stands up to the rest of the industry? Are they really intending to try?
6. Dark Souls 3: Would be higher if not for Souls burnout. DS2 was a little underwhelming but Bloodborne was spectacular. If it's closer to BB then we're in for another treat.
7. Fire Emblem Fates - Conquest: I simply love me some Fire Emblem and have managed to remain unspoilt. Will be my 3DS's swansong. Hopefully a worthy one. The idea that Conquest caters to the old-school FE fan appeals to me.
8. Gravity Rush 2: Loved the first one, looking forward to playing this on a big screen where those big open spaces will really sing.
9. Final Fantasy XV: It's gonna be shit, but so are 80% of the Final Fantasies and I've enjoyed them all for their art and music. I've no doubt this one will be worth it for art and music as well.
10. Everybody's Golf PS4: Looks ropey right now but I'm a golf addict so I have no choice but to be hyped.

Strange how low my hype is for Uncharted 4, considering how much I loved UC2 and enjoyed 3. I would have put Mass Effect on here if I had any idea what it was about or truly believed it was coming this year. I am way hyped for that game.

1. The Legend of Zelda for Wii U
2. Uncharted 4
3. The Last Guardian
4. Mass Effect Andromeda
5. Persona 5
6. Horizon - Zero Dawn
7. Final Fantasy XV
8. Genei Ibunroku ♯FE (SMTxFE)
9. Gears of War 4
10. Gravity Rush 2

:
I'm expecting some delays, but not much can stop next year from being crazy good. I'm expecting there'll be some great titles yet to be announced as well.

Edit: Replaced Scalebound with Gravity Rush 2.

flozuki

1. Legend of Zelda (WiiU) - what we have seen so far looks beautiful and I am thirsty for a new Zelda
2. Gears of War 4 (One) - I love the Gears series and the team seems passionate to bring back stellar action.
3. Uncharted 4 (PS4) - One of my favorite franchises. The Multiplayer-Beta is already a lot of fun.
4. Firewatch (PS4) - Atmosphere and graphics combined with the storytelling in the trailers looks promising.
5. Dark Souls 3 (PS4/ One) - The combat and lore of Souls always amazes me.
6. Quantum Break (One) - I am hoping for a similiar mystery regarding the story as in Alan Wake.
7. The last Guardian (PS4) - The games of Team Ico are truly special and after so much time we finally will be able to see what creative new worlds were omagined by the team.
8. Deus Ex - The last Deus Ex game had an amazing atmosphere and I am looking forward to get another glimpse into a corrupt and dark future.
9. Ace Attorney 6 - I love the characters that came out of this series. They always get me into good mood and the writing often brings a smile on my face.
10. Yakuza 0 - Since Shenmue won't get released until 2017 at least Yakuza will give me a current gen adventure filled with beautiful armosphere set in Asia.

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda : I'm itching for a return to the Mass Effect Universe. The new setting sounds incredibly interesting, and I'm always a sucker for new frontiers to explore. Throw some hot space babes into the mix and I think we've got a winner on our hands here.

2. Dishonored 2 : I'm going to sneak my way through this game, remain unseen and leave not a single drop of blood spilled. Because I can, and because there's way too few games these days that actually allow you to do that.

3. Quantum Break : It's no Alan Wake 2, but Remedy's next outing still has me intrigued. The time-bending powers look cool and the included TV-show that shapes itself according to your choices is an interesting concept.

4. Firewatch : From the moment this one was announced, I was hooked. Back then, there was little more than a header image to go from, and it still looked cool. A great art style coupled with some good voice acting and an absolutely eerie atmosphere, what's not to like?

5. Crackdown 3 : Skills for kills, Agent. Skills for kills.

6. No Man's Sky : I have no doubts this game will be good. I also have no doubts it'll be savagely torn apart by critics and players alike. The hype surrounding Hello Games' next brain child is reaching astronomical levels, which it will never be able to meet. But I just wanna fly around space and discover new worlds.

7. Halo Wars 2 : The biggest surprise announcement of 2015, for me. The first one was enjoyable, but the chances of it coming back were less than zero. It's going to be interesting to see what Creative Assembly pulls off.

8. Gears of War 4 : I've never been the biggest Gears fan. But no one can deny the allure of grabbing a gun with a chainsaw bayonet and going to town on some subterranean monsters. I hope the Coalition can pull it off.

kgb_abc

Neo Member
1. Uncharted 4
2. Battlefield 5?
3. Binding of Isaac Afterbirth (PS4)
4. South Park
5. Horizon
6. The Last Guardian
7. Zelda
8. The Division
9. No Man's Sky
10. Ni No Kuni 2

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn
2. The Last Guardian
3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
4. Ratchet And Clank
5. Dark souls 3
6. Ni Oh
7. Gravity Rush 2
8. Nier Automata
9. Wild
10. Rime

1. Quantum Break : I'll say the same thing I did last year: Remedy has not let me down before and I don't expect them to either. Media blackout and day 1 purchase.

2. Recore : Ever since Todd Keller, Jack Matthews, and Mark Pacini split off from Retro I've been waiting for a BIG new game from them. We don't know much but the pedigree and the Star Wars inspired aesthetic have me hooked.

3. Mass Effect: Andromeda : The Mass Effect universe is something I can't wait to get back to, just not willing to bet on the game not slipping to 2017.

4. NieR Automata : With Platinum behind the reigns and Taro Yoko directing I think we might have something even more special than the original NieR on our hands.

5. Sea of Thieves : Getting to make my friends (ex-friends?) walk the plank is such an exciting concept. Great to see Rare working on a something exciting again!

6. Scalebound : Hideki Kamiya making another attempt at an RPG but instead of wolves there are Dragons? Can't wait!

7. Gears of War 4 : A return to the horror inspired tone of the original game is just what the series needed.

8. Rime : Deadlight was a game that, as a big fan of cinematic platforms, really clicked with me. Throw in great visuals and an interesting setup and you have my full attention.

9. Halo Wars 2 : I miss the old simple/small RTS games like C&C. I've got my fingers crossed that Halo Wars 2 brings some of the "popcorn" RTS magic back.

10. Zelda Wii U : My excitement for Zelda games isn't what it used to be but I'm still very interested to see how Nintendo tackles an open world in that series.

x. Below : I've had my heart broken one too many times to make the list.
x. Cuphead : Incredible art.
x. Uncharted 4 : Really need to go back and finish that third game...

And the dozens of other games that look incredible in 2016.

MODEYV3

Banned
1. Uncharted 4 - Own and Plat'd every uncharted game.
2. No Mans Sky - The potential is limitless.
3. Ratchet and Clank - Absolutely adore the franchise and its mechanics, owned all releases on console.
4. The Last Guardian - Fell in love with SotC, time to do that once again.
5. Final Fantasy XV - Been waiting for 10 years
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
7. Kingdom Hearts 3
8. Dark Souls 3 - An original demons souls player here. Have had every single souls since.
9. Mass Effect: Andromeda
10. Ni-Oh - My surprise entry this year.

(Sorry it's Sony heavy. Currently only own Sony consoles)

1- The Legend of Zelda for Wii U
2- Dragon quest VII 3DS
3- Dragon quest VIII 3DS
4- Fire Emblem 3Ds
5- Bravely Second
6- Fire Emblem Vs. Shin Megami Tensei

muzzymate

1. Quantum Break
  2. Mass Effect Andromeda
  3. Killer Instinct: Season 3
  4. Rocket League (Xbox One version)
  5. Day of the Tentacle Remastered
  6. Mighty Number 9
  7. ReCore
  8. Spaceventure

Zader

Banned
1) Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
2) Persona 5
3) Cyberpunk 2077
4) Uncharted 4
5) Final Fantasy XV
6) Mass Effect: Andromeda
7) The Last Guardian
8) Dishonoured 2
9) NieR: Automata
10) XCOM 2

DMTripper

1. Dark souls 3
2. No man's sky

There must be more games I want to play but looking at the lists I really can't think of any others that I'm genuinely looking forward to :-/

Top Bottom