• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Game of 2016 (Voting has been over for weeks)

Cotrip

1 - Dark Souls 3
2 - Persona 5
3 - Street Fighter V
4 - Mirror's Edge Catalyst
5 - Horizon
6 - Ni-Oh
7 - The Last Guardian
8 - Uncharted 4
9 - Final Fantasy XV
10 - The Legend of Zelda WiiU

I'm not considering Nier Automata or Ni No Kuni 2 as 2016 releases, otherwise they would be in my list.

Tankard

So happy to see Firewatch getting so much love, going by the threads about the game i see some people passionate about it but it only gets a couple of pages of comments, never expected to see so much antecipation now. That peculiar narrative, fantastic voice acting and gorgeous visual caught people, i hope it delivers as we expect.

1 - Final Fantasy XV
2 - The Legenda of Zelda U
3 - The Last Guardian
4 - Kingdom Hearts 2.8
5 - Uncharted 4
6 - Street Fighter V
7 - Horizon
8 - Star Ocean V
9 - Dragon Quest VII
10 - Star Fox

1) Overwatch. It's been so long since an MP shooter has really grabbed me. I'm really hoping this might do it.

2) Firewatch. Looks really cool and the premise sounds excellent.

1) Dark Souls III - Fell head over heels for Bloodborne then went back and am playing DeS. Can't wait to see a dark fantasy world with the speed of BB. The slow and methodical is great, but Bloodborne is a bit more up my alley.

2) Zelda Wii U - This looks like the shake up Zelda has needed for awhile, and sort of in a way true to its roots. I have open world fatigue, surely, but if you look back at Zelda on the NES you got that feeling of scale and exploration that I'm really hoping this will also inspire. The color palette pops so well, and I'm thrilled to see bigger "mini-boss" type enemies might be scattered around the world. I eagerly await more info.

3) Persona 5 - I've played 10 - 20 hours into both P3 and P4. First one I got stuck (and still mean to continue) and P4 was pawned by my favorite drug addict ex. Needless to say, so freaking charming. I can't wait to get elbows deep in this one.

4) Ni-oh - When I played Ninja Gaiden I was too dense to get the appeal. Now with a little Souls-shaking I look at this and go "Samurai Souls?" Probably leans more into Gaiden than Souls, but for my money, this is the next kind of Souls game I'd want anyway.

5) Project Setsuna - Oh man I'm getting heavy Chrono Trigger vibe. 16 bit JRPGs are what I always look up to as god tier, though it'll be interesting to see how thin my patience has come over the ages. I might not know exactly what's in store, but it's one I'm really looking forward to diving into.

6) The Last Guardian - Shoot me, I never finished and Team ICO games as of now... but I'm caught in the buzz. I want to be apart of the magic as it happens same way I want to be a part of DS3 as it happens. I want to be apart of the community as they become familiar, not just read it all in retrospect.

7) Nier: Automata - Looks flash, looks pretty, looks anime √ Platinum.

8) Dragon Quest XI - Standard turn based Toriyama JRPG without too many modern frills? Yes please! I'll just pretend it's CT...

9) Horizon Zero Dawn - Looks dope. Robo dinos. mhm.

10) Star Ocean: Integrity & Faithlessness - anime

1. The Witness
2. Kentucky Route Zero - Act IV
3. Dark Souls 3
4. The Last Guardian
5. Final Fantasy XV
6. Firewatch
7. Uncharted 4
8. Cuphead
9. Rez Infinite
10. Hyper Light Drifter

Sad to give XCOM 2 and Zelda the boot, but they're close runner-ups.

1. Uncharted 4: A Thieve's End
2. Gears of War 4
3. No Man Sky
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. Mafia III
6. Mass Effect: Andromeda
7. Lego Marvel's Avengers
8. The Last Guardian

Jakoo

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda
2. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
3. Fire Emblem Fates
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. Final Fantasy XV
6. Firewatch
7. Street Fighter V
8. Pokken Tournament
9. Ratchet and Clank
10. The Witness

Ironically, the only game I have preordered for next year isn't even on this list: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD.

1. The Last Guardian :
I bought a PS3 for this fucking game. You've no idea how happy I was just to see this game come back from the brink. Here it is...finally. I always believed!

2. Persona 5 :
Having thoroughly enjoyed the series thus far, I look forward to seeing how the 5 evolves the formula.

3. Yooka-Laylee :
The spiritual successor to some of my favorite games of all time nurtured by the original parents. I see no reason why this game won't be excellent.

4. Nier: Automata :
Loved Nier but the combat was pretty plain. With Platinum on board to tidy up my biggest issue, the sky is the limit.

5. The Legend of Zelda :
The next 3D Zelda promises to be the most ambitious yet. Quality and fun are guaranteed. Can't wait to dig in and see the changes!

6. Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma :
It's a joy to see this finally materializing after fans pleaded for years. It's forced my hand to pick up a copy of VLR finally but 999 was an unforgettable journey.

7. Overwatch :
A worthy contender challenging TF2's long reign as my favorite team/class based shooter. Blizzard seems to be making all the right decisions so far (paid, skins, free updates) so fingers crossed.

8. Uncharted 4 :
After feeling pretty underwhelmed by Uncharted 3, 4 has slapped me across the face and demanded my full attention. Multiplayer looks like a blast. Also, Drake's chest hair blowing in the wind is something I never knew I wanted.

9. Pathologic Remake :
This had a spot on my most anticipated last year. With a bit of tuning and a lot of love, this dark, psychological mind fuck could really blow my tits off.

10. Quantum Break
Alan Wake was a game that I did not enjoy. I quite liked the story but the combat wore thin very quickly. I would dodge through waves of enemies just to see the story unfold while minimizing the fighting I did. Quantum Break's combat seems more varied and the production values look stellar, so we'll see how it shapes up. Also curious to see how the live action bits end up, could end up being a really great addition.

Fiddled with the formatting a bit and liked how this looked. Let me know if it messes up the votes and I'll happily change it back.

Edit: Realized Ni No Kuni 2 doesn't actually have a release window so switching my list around a bit.

Simzyy

1. Mass Effect Andromeda : My favourite series returns. I'm honestly very worried about it. I don't want it to be large open empty spaces filled with fetch quests similar to Inquisition. But I will remain hopeful for now.

2. Persona 5 : My #1 for the last two years. Maybe this year it will come out?

3. Firewatch : What is it?

4. South Park The Fractured But Whole : Stick of Truth was amazing but too simple and short, hopefully this improves upon it.

5. Horizon Zero Dawn : Most interesting new IP I've seen

6. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth : Finally a Digimon game coming to the west that isn't some rumble nonsense.

7. XCOM 2 : Lost of many hours to the previous. Love turn based strategy.

8. Dark Souls 3 : Fatigue setting in a bit. Would be higher otherwise.

9. Fire Emblem Fates : Loved awakening. Just gotta avoid all the creepy stuff.

10. Final Fantasy XV : Troubled dev has me worried. Looks nothing like the original Verses 13 now.

Honourable Mentions:
Tacoma
Scalebound
Zelda

Jyrii

Banned
1. Persona 5: It was my first pick last year also. HYPE!
2. The Last Guardian: Many years have passed, but IT'S HAPPENING!
3. Danganronpa V3: First one was amazing, second one was also pretty good. I love a good murder mystery and no one else makes games like Danganronpa.
3. Mass Effect Andromeda: I have a feeling it might not come in 2016, but I put it on my list regardless. We need a fresh start after less-than-stellar ME3
4. Horizon Zero Dawn: I have the open world plague, but this seems so interesting.
5. Final Fantasy XV: I highly doubt this will be 2016 game. I hated pretty much everything in XIII, XV looks more promising.
6. Dark Souls 3: Bloodborne was a nice palette cleanser, but I want more battle options and gear.
7. Zero Time Dilemma: Could be higher on the list, but I am very excited amout this one.
8. Uncharted 4: It will be a good game, but I'm more interested in Naughty Dog's next game (Savage Starlight please!
So going to be TLOA2
)
9. Deus Ex Mankind Divided: I loved the atmosphere of Deus Ex 3 even though it was a flaved game.
10. Ratchet & Clank: I loved the original R&C. Now it will be even better.

I am sad that we haven't heard anything more about Rime. It's either cancelled or getting a long delay.

Edit: I had to switch Banner Saga 2 and Mirror's Edge for Zero Time Dilemma and Danganronpa V3.

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
  2. Quantum Break
  3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
  4. Ratchet & Clank
  5. The Last Guardian
  6. Gravity Rush 2
  7. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  8. Unravel
  9. Gears 4
  10. Firewatch

Musolf815

1. Persona 5: Playing through Persona 4 Golden for the first time was such an incredible experience and by the time I had finished the game I had a new all time favorite. A sequel to P4G that looks like it was combined with my childhood favorite series Sly Cooper? It's a match made in heaven for me.
2. Mass Effect: Andromeda : I can't wait to be in that universe again. After playing Battlefront I can only imagine how this game will look on that engine.
3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : Love the series and this looks to be taking things to an even greater level.
4. Gravity Rush 2 : One of my favorite protagonists returns! I loved the first game and I hope the sequel has more of the beautiful art style and soundtrack.
5. Dangan Ronpa V3 : I liked DR1, but DR2 came at a really sad point in my life and weirdly helped me through it, while additionally being one of my favorite stories in a video game. I hope V3 has an even crazier story.
6. Night in the Woods : I fell for this game just from the Kickstarter trailer.
7. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U) : It looks gorgeous, and I can't wait to see how the Zelda team uses what they learned from ALBW and WWHD on this one.
8. Final Fantasy XV : This would have been a lot higher a year ago but Tabata's cutting and "Here is what's not in the game anymore" announcements have really knocked the game down for me. That said I've been waiting so long for this game and I did enjoy Episode Duscae so hopefully it turns out alright.
9. Genei Ibunroku #FE : I honestly do like the way this game is turning out. I want more JRPGs so this game will be a welcome addition to my Wii U collection.
10. Mirror's Edge Catalyst : The first one was really fun and I loved the art style.

Instro

1. Divinity Original Sin 2
2. Torment: Tides of Numenera
3. X-COM 2
4. Zelda
5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
6. Final Fantasy XV
7. Nier: Automata
8. Dark Souls 3
9. Yooka Laylee
10. Mirror's Edge Catalyst

I feel like a few of these may slip to 2017, but we'll see. Should be a great year though. I'll fleah this post out a bit later today I think.

1. Uncharted 4
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
4. Dark Souls 3
5. Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
6. Dishonored 2
7. Mass Effect Andromeda
8. Matterfall
9. No Man's Sky
10. The Last Guardian

OneUh8

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn : This game... This game. Everything about it is so awesome from what we have seen. Robot Dino's... Enough said.

2. Dark Souls III : Love the series and Bloodborne was my 2015 GOTY. Looks like more of what I love

3. Uncharted 4 : Not only is the series one of my favorites, but everything we have seen of this game looks top notch. And it's Naughty Dog!

4. Mass Effect: Andromeda : Probably my favorite series of the last generation. LOVE those games. And just imagining a new game built in the Frostbyte engine has me all excited.

5. Quantum Break : I love Remedy and I like the direction they are taking with this game in it's story telling.

6. The Division : I hope this game delivers. Being a Destiny addict for a while, this looks more up my alley with present day scenario.

7. No Man's Sky - I think this was #1 on my list last year. Hype surely has died down. Never the less, I am very much looking forward to it. If it has PSVR support, this will jump to #1

8. The Last Guardian : Hey at least this is finally coming out. Right guys?

9. Gran Turismo Sport : Gimmie that next gen GT game. Please!

10. Overwatch : Now that this is coming to consoles, it has moved up in my list. I mean it's Blizzard and the game looks like a bunch of fun.

Ryuuken

1. Mass Effect Andromeda
2. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
3. Final Fantasy XV
4. Persona 5
5. Ni No Kuni 2
6. Valkyria Azure Revolution
7. South Park The Fractured but Whole
8. Nier Automata
9. Disaster Report 4 Plus
10. Uncharted 4

dinoriders.jpg

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn : MECHANIZED DINOSAUR HUNTING SIMULATOR

fNJkRG7.jpg

2. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End : Telltale x Murder Simulator

the_last_guardian_conceptart_NAI6i.jpg

3. The Last Guardian : either the boy or trico dies

gravity-rush-remastered-screenshot-18-600x338.jpg

4. Gravity Rush 2 : zoom, zoom flying around, KAT

tWjRQGU.jpg

5. Ni-Oh : It’s like dark souls but more Japanese

gBfAW5J.png

6. Persona 5 : Waifus, husbandos, stylish

po9hkm6.jpg

7. The Tomorrow Children : For Mother Russia

tumblr_m9ec42RrO21qcf9vuo1_500.jpg

8. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth : fuck pokemon
I like pokemon a lot actually

bRdG2MJ.jpg

9. World Of Final Fantasy : FUCK pokemon

10. Star Ocean V: Integrity and Faithlessness :
TYf5RWZ.png

eFKac

1. Uncharted 4 A Thief's End
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. No Man's Sky
4. The Last Guardian
5. Bound
6. Ratchet and Clank
7. Gran Turismo Sport (is it confirmed for 2016?)
8. The Tomorrow's Children
9. RIGS
10. Deus Ex Mankind Divided

If Gran Turismo Sport doesn't qualify then The Division at #10.

Edit. Most excited overall - Detroit: Become Human!

maximrace

1) Halo Wars 2: I adored the first one and I have been longing for a new strategy on consoles. Besides that, I'm a huge Halo fan

2) Quantum Break: I really like Remedy games, from the action to the great story they bring. Quantum Break won't be different.

3) Gears of War 4: Gears is my favourite shooter besides Halo, really looking forward to dive back into the universe and see some nextgen horde.

4) Scalebound: This looks like a really cool game with the dragons and such. Platinum is a great studio so I have high hopes for this one.

5) Sea of Thieves: I always loved Rare games, from their classics to even Kinect Sports. I'm sure this will have that classic Rare charm too.

6) Plants vs. Zombies: GW 2: The first one was a surprise hit, so much fun with friends in multiplayer, this is one of my most anticipated MP games of the year.

7) No man's sky: I love Minecraft and I love spacegames with exploring, do I need to say more?

8) The Division: The initial trailers of the game showed huge promise, I hope they can deliver

1. Dark Souls III : Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Demon's Souls are my 3 favorite games of all time, so...
2. Persona 5 : I loved Persona 4 Golden, and I'm really digging what we've seen. Love love love the art style.
3. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir : Vanillaware art style, god-tier soundtrack, and streamlined gameplay? Sure, I'll take it.
4. Final Fantasy XV : A very ambitious Final Fantasy. Though I wasn't into the last few Final Fantasy games, everything I've seen of XV looks fantastic.
5. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PC) : I'm looking forward to finally playing this at a respectable framerate/resolution.
6. Yooka Laylee : A fun, colorful platformer by former Banjo-Kazooie devs? Who wouldn't be excited about this?
7. Ratchet & Clank : I've only ever played one Ratchet & Clank game, but it was a lot of fun. The aesthetic looks fantastic.
8. The Legend of Zelda WiiU : Though I'm a bit burnt out on Zelda at the moment, I'm looking forward to this nonetheless. Hopefully being open world will make it feel fresh.
9. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : I played the Uncharted trilogy for the first time this year and quite enjoyed it. So yeah, excited for more.
10. The Last Guardian : Shadow of the Colossus and Ico are masterpieces, so I have high hopes for this one.

Honorable Mentions
xx. Death's Gambit
xx. Salt and Sanctuary
xx. Nier: Automata
xx. Ni-oh
xx. Gravity Rush (PS4)
xx. Gravity Rush 2
xx. Hyper Light Drifter
xx. Ghost Song
xx. Star Ocean 5
xx. Dragon Quest 11

Man, 2016 is looking very good.

Guymelef

1. Persona 5
2. The Last Guardian
3. Final Fantasy XV
4. Gravity Rush 2
5. Nier: Automata
6. Horizon
7. Uncharted 4.
8. NiOh
9. Street Fighter V
10. The Legend of Zelda WiiU.

1. Uncharted 4: NaughtyGods is all I have to say.
  2. Horizon: Zero Dawn The trailer Guerilla showed at E3 was blew my socks off
  3. Mafia 3: Love the previus one and looking forward to this one as well.
  4. Quatum Break: The sole purpose for me getting an Xbox one

1. Uncharted 4
2. Dark Souls 3
3. Overwatch
4. Mass Effect: Andromeda
5. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
6. Sea of Thieves
7. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
8. Dishonored 2
9. Plants VS Zombies 2
10. Hitman

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
1. Mass Effect Andromeda: The trilogy were my favorite games last generation. Can't wait to get back into that Universe.

2. Zelda U: Hopefully a cross platform launch title for the NX. One of my favorite series, and I like the little I've seen so far.

3. Dark Souls 3: Bloodborne is my GOTY this year. Nuff said.

4. Quantum Break: I love story driven games, and I'm intrigued by the concept of a game/TV show mashed together.

5. Scalebound: I love fantasy shit with dragons etc., and this looks great.

6. Horizon-Zero Dawn: I really like what I've seen so far. Looks great, neat idea and setting.

7. Uncharted 4: I like the series a lot. But I like the new Tomb Raider games more so my enthusiasm for this isn't as high as for past entries

8. Gears of War 4: Loved the first 3, but I'm being very cautious on this as Judgment was bad and thus I'm hesitant of how the series will go without Epic/Cliffy B on it.

9. No Man's Sky: I'm intrigued, but still a little worried I'll get bored fast since I'm mostly into narrative-driven stuff.

10. Persona 5: I loved P4G. Only reason this isn't higher is that I'm burnt out on long games, and I'm not sure I'd enjoy it as much on console vs. on a portable like P4G.

1: Persona 5

2: Dark Souls III

3: Final Fantasy XV

4: NieR: Automata

5: Uncharted 4

6: Fire Emblem: Fates

7: Zelda U

8: The Last Guardian

9: Scalebound

10: Cuphead

1. Nier Automata: I never thought I would ever see a sequel to one of my favorite games ever. Since the E3 announcement that it's being developed by Platinum, along with the recent gameplay footage trailer, this is the by far the most hyped game for me. I may even take the day off from work to play it.

2. Persona 5: Even though I'm a late comer to the Persona series, it quickly turned into my favorite JRPG series. This is my other must-own 2016 game.

3. Danganropa 3: I'm not quite done with part 2, but I love the DR series.

4. Mass Effect Andromeda: I somewhat doubt that it comes out in 2016, but I love Mass Effect, and am ready to get lost in another adventure.

5. Cuphead: I managed to play a demo version of this at Comic Con, and it had me hooked. The gameplay is addictive, and the graphics/animation is amazing.

6. Deus Ex Mankind Divided: I never got around to finishing Human Revolution, but I loved what I did play of it. I got to see live gameplay of this during a panel, and it just made me even more hyped for the game.

7. Uncharted 4: It'll likely be more of the same, but it still looks fun and the graphics bump it'll get from the PS4 has me excited to play it.

8. Doom: The gameplay trailer sold me on this, as it looks insanely fun.

9. Mirror's Edge Catalyst: The first Mirror's Edge was surprisingly good, and I replayed it dozens of times. Can't wait for the sequel.

10. Zelda U: I'm not too sure how I feel about the changes, but it looks amazing.

Honorable Mentions:
Crackdown 3: I don't own an XBOX One, but Crackdown ended up being one of my favorite games of all time.

Horizon: Zero Dawn: I would be a little more hyped based on what I've seen, but I don't like any of the Killzone games, so I'm a little weary.

Final Fantasy XV: I wasn't exactly thrilled with what I played in the demo, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this ends up.

Quantum Break: I was a big fan of Alan Wake, so I'm hyped on reputation alone. However, I don't have an XBO, so I'll be waiting for the PC release.

Vaddon

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda : Nothing comes close to this for me, loved the entire series and the premise sounds great on paper. A fresh start in this universe, on Frostbite, sounds absolutely amazing, can't wait.

2. Hitman : Long-time fan of the series. even thought Absolution was pretty enjoyable on its own. However, this looks to be a nice return to form for the series with expansive, sandbox environments for the contracts.

3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : Loved the most recent Deus Ex and, while it doesn't look revolutionary, this looks to expand upon that very same formula. Nothing to dislike about that for me.

4. Total War: Warhammer : A TW game in the Warhammer universe, a dream game for me.

5. Battlefleet Gothic Armada : For much the same reasons as above, seems like a fun game grounded in the Warhammer universe.

6. Hearts of Iron IV : More Paradox grand strategy games are always welcome and I'm looking forward to this one a lot.

7. Yooka-Laylee :

8. Divinity: Original Sin 2 :

9. Dark Souls 3 :

10. Torment: Tides of Numenera :

tolkir

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
2. The Last Guardian
3. Genei Ibunroku #FE
4. Scalebound
5. Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
7. Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
8. Cuphead
9. Nioh
10. Yooka-Laylee

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
1. Yooka-Laylee ; A new collectathon by the gods that created Banjo-Kazooie? This will be glorious
in 2018
2. Zelda U ; Still sceptic about the overworld, but Zelda is consistently incredible, so still a most wanted game.
3. Fire Emblem Fates ; as a huge Fire Emblem fan this certainly is a must buy. Limited edition with all three stories, of course
4. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma ; VLR has the best story I have ever read in a video game and therefore I'm pumped to play this. On Vita by the way, because it is a freaking DL-only afair here in Europe, so I need to import. Would prefer to play on 3DS, but I don't want to buy a new handheld just for one game
5. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 6 ; Huge fan of the Ace Attorney series, so naturally looking forward to this.
6. Danganronpa V3 ; I hope it also releases on Vita in Europe, because I prefer to play visual novels on handhelds. I enjoyes DR1 and especially DR2 a lot, so this seems like a guaranteed winner. Though it might suffer a bit from Zero Time Dilemma going against it
7. Sonic Boom Fire & Ice ; the first Sonic Boom on 3DS was already fun, it just had too long levels, was too short and not fast enough. The developers seem to be aware of these three points, so I'm really positive it will end up being a nice game.
8. Star Fox Zero ; it played really well at Gamescom and I enjoyed Lylat Wars a lot, so certainly going to pick this up
9. Metroid Prime Federation Force ; I don't like the direction this game is taking but I still have hope that the missions will give a good Metroid feeling. NLG made a fantastic Luigi's Mansion 2, so they get the benefit of a doubt.
10. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD ; Well, it's the only other announced 2016 game I even plan to play, so, obviously this one gets the tenth spot, even though I'm not happy about this port happening.

Note that there are two games I'm looking forward to that certainly would have made the list, if they were just announced: Sonic 2016 (it's birthday time, this will come) and Assassin's Creed 2016 (we all know it's coming).

And to have a look at last year's anticipated games, my top ten with comments:
1. Yoshi's Woolly World; My GotY 2015 :).
2. The Legend of Zelda U; Delayed...
3. Rodea the Sky Knight; Good (Wii version), but not as good as I had hoped for. Still happy to have had the chance to play it.
4. Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei; Delayed. Also it is a fucking waifu game...
5. Mario Maker; Great game, certainly high up on my GotY list.
6. Kirby and the Rainbow Course; Not as good as Power Paintbrush, but still a great experience.
7. Batman Arkham Knight; Haven't played it yet due to waiting for a low price / version including DLC.
8. Star Fox; Delayed...
9. Assassin's Creed Victory; Really good AC!
10. Zelda Majora's Mask 3D; Nothing new, but still the best version of the game overall.

EDIT: And finally, some statistics: 4* Wii U, 4* 3DS, 2* PSV. I'm really not happy with my Bone :(.

Ekai

I am seriously asking: Wasn't Forza Horizon 3 announced yet for 2016 or why did only 2 people so far mention this promising title?

I never did play Forza much but it seemed alright. Not my go to type of thing for gaming but I'm sure it'll be fine.

The lack of love for the Pathologic remake is depressing me, personally.

1. Uncharted 4 :
2. Horizon Zero Dawn :
3. No man's sky :
4. Ratchet & Clark :
5. The Last Guardian :
6. Mass Effect Andromeda :
7. Far Cry Primal :
8. Gran Turismo Sports :
9. Firewatch :
10. Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 :

NotEasy

1. Persona 5
2. Street Fighter 5
3. Danganronpa V3
4. The Last Guardian
5. Genei Ibunroku #FE
6. Dark Souls 3
7. Uncharted 4
8. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X
9. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone
10. Zelda U

R&R

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : After TLOU and what we have already seen...might be a classic.
2. No Man's Sky : Surely this can't live to the hype but might be great nonetheless.
3. South Park The Fractured But Whole : Expecting a worthy sequel.
4. Mirror's Edge Catalyst : Original was one of my favorites, surely EA/DICE can't fuck this up?
5. Horizon Zero Dawn : The promise is there, hopefully GG will deliver.
6. Dirt Rally : Looks to be one of the best rally games ever.
7. Mafia III : This is a tough one - really liked I and II, this one is taking a new direction, let's hope it is a hit.
8. Mass Effect Andromeda : Please, please don't fuck this up! Would be higher if not the lacking quality of Inquisition and parts of ME3.
9. TrackMania Turbo : Looks amazing. Day 1.
10. Cyberpunk 2077 : Surely this can't be a 2016 release, you magnificent CDPR bastards!? Still, even with the tiniest of possibility I must include it. With a set in stone 2016 release would be no 1.

Honorable mentions:
- Dishonored 2
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Firewatch
- Persona 5
- FF XV
- Alienation
- WiLD (2017?)

hotpocket

Neo Member
1. Persona 5
2. Nier Automata : A sequel to a game with amazing storytelling now with gameplay that stands with the story.
3. Street Fighter 5
4. Uncharted 4 : A sequel to some of the greatest video gamey video games that ever video gamed
5. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
6. Dark Souls 3 : It’s another Dark Souls boop ba boop ba boop
7. Danganronpa 3 :
8. Final Fantasy 15
9. Zero Time Dilemma : 999 is an amazing game but I feel like VLR took steps in the wrong direction so that’s why this is so low.
10 . Mass Effect Andromeda : I’m interested but Bioware needs to earn my trust again.

Honorable Mentions (Also in order)
edit. Yakuza 0 was just anounced to be out in 2017 so every game goes up a spot
12. Dishonored 2
13. Zelda U
14. Bravely Second End Layer : I beat Bravely Default I like Bravely Default I look forward to playing another one.
15. Last Guardian
16. Mirrors Edge 2
17. Genei Ibun Roku FE
18. Fire Emblem Fates
19. Hatsune Miku Project Diva eXtreme : I don’t care for half the song list but the gameplay is the best.
20. Horizon Zero Dawn
21. 100FT Robot Golf
22. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
23. Fire watch

No Mans Sky Will Be the Biggest Disappointed of the Year
Cyberpunk would be number 2 but it’s not coming out next year

1. Scalebound ; Kamiya is easily my favorite game director and has crafted multiple games in my top 20 all-time. I have the utmost confidence that he will deliver once again. Also,
DRAGONS.
2. Nier: Automata ; Nier's music and story + Platinum's combat is a match made in heaven.
3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End ; Looks to be the game where Naughty Dog finally manages to recapture the brilliant design of Uncharted 2. They've also greatly expanded the tools in Drake's arsenal and have improved the shooting mechanics.
4. Persona 5 ; Persona 4 is my favorite JRPG of all time. I loved my experiences in Inaba and although the dungeons suck, the writing, characters, music and art are all amazing.
5. Mass Effect: Andromeda ; Love this series. Please don't mess this up Bioware. It's really hard not to be cynical after Bioware's recent games.
6. Quantum Break ; I've always been a big fan of Remedy and their storytelling. I'm really interested in how much options there are in the combat system and how time is used for traversal as well as in the narrative.
7. Gears of War 4 ; My favorite multiplayer shooter series and Horde is awesome. I can't wait to see how The Coalition outs their touch on the series and where they go with the story.
8. Cuphead ; One of the most beautiful games I've ever seen. Hopefully, the enemy encounters and platforming will have substance to match the great aesthetics.
9. Divinity: Original Sin II ; A sequel to the RPG with the best combat system. If Larian can get their storytelling down, this could be one of the greatest RPGs ever made.
10. Dark Souls III ; Love the thrill and scale of boss fights in these games.

Hoje0308

Banned
1) No Man's Sky: This is the game I've wanted to play since 3d gaming made me realize that the medium would one day be capable of producing such a thing. I've lost dozens of hours exploring in games like The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 this year, but nothing I've ever played can even pretend to offer the possibilities presented by Hello Games' latest creation. Even if it the other mechanics fall flat, I'll still have a universe to explore, and that's fucking amazing.
2) The Last Guardian: There will be feels and I'll be there with a big smile on my face and probably the occasional lump in my throat. Long time coming, this one.
3) Quantum Break: High up the list since it comes out somewhat early on in the year. I'm curious to see how creative I can get with the powers (and how creative Remedy have been in making them) and how the rhythm of encounters will change as I begin to master the controls and probe the limits of the combat system.
4) Uncharted 4: This is quite likely the game that I'll enjoy most. I love the series and characters (Sully is GOAT) and have grown quite fond of Naughty Dog's talents after they produced TLoU, which is one of my favorite games of all time. The single player looks much improved, with more open areas, improved controls and move set and a beautiful clusterfuck of physics interactions and effects. On top of this, I'm absolutely hooked on the MP beta. Movement, traversal and gunplay have seen dramatic improvements since we last saw Uncharted in action and the grappling hook is, as expected, one of my favorite new additions to the series. So why isn't this higher up on the list? Because it's the fourth game in a series that I've put hundreds of hours into over the course of the last eight years. I expect it to be great, but it's not as easy to get excited about something you know so well.
5) Horizon: Zero Dawn: I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that the unveil of GG's latest IP dropped a lot of jaws at Gamescom. The environments are stunning, the creatures interesting (and sometimes massive and scary and massively scary) and the protagonist seems like a person that I'll enjoy learning more about, as do the rest of humanity's remaining tribes and colonies. Combat looked like a good deal of fun, which isn't much of a surprise to be honest, as I enjoyed combat throughout the Killzone series. However, the thing I least liked about Killzone was the story. It was awful, as were most of the characters in it. I worry whether new staff can have a big enough impact on plot and quests for Horizon to be anything other than a really beautiful RPG that's sorely lacking in the areas that largely define the genre. I'm hopeful though, so Horizon gets the fifth spot on my list.
6) DOOM: I had more fun playing the alpha than I have with any other shooter in recent memory. Even if the single player portion disappoints, there will always be online fragfests to be enjoyed.
7) Kingdom Come: Curiosity gets this one on my list. A more realistic take on the RPG genre, complete with a combat system that looks like it could be very punishing for the impatient and the unwise alike. Plus, I just like exploring new worlds.
8) Ni-Oh: Detailed, foreboding environments, Japanese architecture, combat that seems centered on using defense to setup offense and evasive maneuvers that look every bit as useful and fun as those found in Bloodborne. All at 60fps. Day one.
9) Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: From the dialogue to the way you tackle missions, choice is a key factor and that's always interesting.
10) Crackdown 3; Another curiosity vote, as I really am looking forward to seeing how well the destruction system works and if this is something that will push other developers to use cloud computing going forward.

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda
2. Halo Wars 2
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
4. Star Wars Visceral
5. Scalebound
6. Dark Souls III
7. Gears of War 4
8. The Division
9. Quantum Break
10. Nier: Automata

1. Final Fantasy XV : one of the few high budget jrpgs coming out. Very high quality graphics, animations, huge world, great art style , music, brand new combat system.

2. Nier Automata : Nier affected me despite low budget graphics and a simple battle system. Platinum games will turn those weaknesses intp strengths while yoko makes the story and music special.

3. Zelda U : Open world , dungeons, puzzles , good gameplay mechanics, beautiful art style. Its Zelda.

4. Persona 5 : love jrpgs and this looks super stylish.

5. Gravity Rush 2 : you can fly! Great art style too.

6. The Last Guardian : Completely unique, great art style from legendary director.

7. Zero Escape 3 : End of the great zero escape series. Love the stpry , puzzles , and game design.

8. World of Final Fantasy : I love jrpgs and FF is my favorite franchise.

9. Fire Emblem : Excellent strategy rpg series.

10. Horizon : Robot Dinosaurs

Bolivar687

Banned
1. Call of Duty 2016 : Call me crazy but I've always enjoyed Infinity Ward's campaigns and co-op more than the other studios who work on the franchise (including MW3 and Ghosts). The multiplayer is also more my style, with a greater emphasis on open maps with unpredictable firefights. I'm very excited to see what an overhauled Infinity Ward with new leadership can accomplish as the final studio to debut their first game on the new 3-year development cycle. Speculation of a return to World War II is enticing but even another modern setting would be refreshing after two years of futuristic cyborgs.

2. Deus Ex Mankind Divided : This team is very underrated for how talented and inspired they are. In many ways, Human Revolution was my perfect Action RPG. Returning to the Deus Ex universe, they have an opportunity to iterate on a successful formula to create something much bigger, in the same way Uncharted, Assassin's Creed and Modern Warfare did last generation.

3. Horizon Zero Dawn : Guerrilla Games is one of my favorite developers but for whatever reason, their critical acclaim and sales are not reflected in their Internet reputation. Horizon is their chance to step out from the Killzone stigma and become recognized as one of the best developers in the world. They've already showcased their unique talent in bringing imaginative concepts to life with the early demos. Hopefully, their new hires from the RPG world will help them deliver on narrative as well.

4. Dragon Quest Builders : I'm not sure why so many of us who don't like Minecraft are so intrigued by this game. There's something mesmerizing about the Dragon Quest charm that perhaps no other franchise can replicate. The demonstrations make it look like a ton of fun and the possibility of cross play with Vita makes the proposition all the more enticing.

5. Cyberpunk 2077 : The three Witcher games were each extraordinary, I have a lot of faith that their next licensed IP will be just as stellar as their last. I also have a lot of faith they will deliver on their 2016 release date, to the disvelief of many Gaffers. Matter of fact, I'm willing to guarantee that Cyberpunk releases in 2016!

Top Bottom