• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Game of 2016 (Voting has been over for weeks)

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda
2. Street Fighter V
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
4. Dark Souls III
5. Fire Emblem Fates
6. Star Fox Zero
7. Pokkén Tournament
8. Yooka-Laylee
9. Ratchet & Clank
10. Cuphead

1. Uncharted 4 : The conclusion to an engaging story from a studio that continuously finds a way to outdo itself. Based on the multiplayer beta, the mechanics are the finest they have ever been and the naughty dogs have learned a few tricks from their last outing.
2. Dark Souls 3 : At this point, you either get it or you don't. Get it.
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
4. Amplitude
5. The Witness
6. Street Fighter V
7. Ratchet and Clank
8. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
9. Gravity Rush Remastered
10. Firewatch

1. Persona 5 : Everything I've seen of this game is exactly what I want from a modern Persona game, very excited to (finally) play this one.
  2. Gravity Rush 2 : The possibilities of a Gravity Rush game made from scratch for the PS4 are mind boggling. Can't wait to fly through the sky as one of the best gaming protags again.
  3. Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma : Since I can't decide if I love 999 or VLR more, it'd be nice if the finale is better than them both, haha.
  4. Dark Souls III : I've never played a proper Dark Souls game yet, but Bloodborne is my GOTY for 2015 by a country mile. I'm new to the FromSoft formula, and can't wait for more.
  5. Gravity Rush Remastered : I just really like Gravity Rush, haha.
  6. Horizon: Zero Dawn : I usually don't like open world games, but this one caught my eye. Fighting robo-dinos seems like a good time.
  7. The Last Guardian : I doubt it will be as important an experience to me as Shadow of the Colossus was, but I trust Ueda to at least make me think.
  8. Final Fantasy XV : I hope it's good, even though I haven't been a big FF fan for a while. I'm cautiously optimistic, and want to see more.
  9. Uncharted 4 : Another series I don't care as much about anymore, but the characters still make me interested in what happens next.
  10. SMT IV Final : The only reason this is so low is that it hasn't been confirmed for NA in 2016 (yet). Even as a Japanese release though, I'm really happy this game will be coming out next year; it seems to be doing a lot right.

1. Persona 5
2. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
4. The Last Guardian
5. Street Fighter V
6. Gravity Rush 2
7. For Honor
8. Dragon Quest XI
9. Valkyria: Azure Revolution
10. Ni-Oh

Honorable Mentions: The Witness, Rime, The Tomorrow Children, NieR: Automata, Ni no Kuni 2

1. Legend of Zelda U
2. World of Warcraft: Legion
3. Uncharted 4
4. Gears of War 4
5. Overwatch
6. Forza Horizon 3 (if it comes out)
7. Yooka-Laylee
8. Quantum Break
9. Ratchet & Clank
10. Halo Wars 2

abrack08

1. Persona 5: Persona 4 is easily one of my top 5 games of all time (and Persona 3 is high on the list too). Everything we've seen looks amazing, can't wait.

2. Zelda WiiU: anticipation is killing me, show us something Nintendo!

3. Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma: blow my mind one more time, please.

4. Final Fantasy XV: cautiously optimistic after liking the demo (even more after 2.0). That summon animation...

5. Nier Automata: I really dug Nier, adding Platinum combat into the mix will be mind blowing, if the story, soundtrack, etc. stay at their high level.

6. Uncharted 4: I'm not QUITE as into Uncharted as some people, I do enjoy the games though. The fact that it's TLoU/U2 team definitely raises the hype meter.

7. Horizon Zero Dawn: looks amazing. Just need to see more of it to rank it higher.

8. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: Human Revolution came outta nowhere for me. Didn't play the original 2 games, honestly didn't expect to like HR much, but it was fantastic. I've stayed away from trailers and previews and all that, so maybe the only reason it's not higher is I've ignored almost all media for it since I know I want it.

9. Mass Effect: Andromeda: Hoping they can pull a Fallout next year. Have a blowout at E3 showing a pretty-much-completed game that releases 5-6 months later. I also think it's a prime candidate for a delay out of 2016 but... it still fits the thread criteria and I'm still hyped for it :)

10. Ratchet & Clank: The game based on the movie based on the game. The tagline is all you need to know. Pixelizer looks cool, game looks beautiful. Excited for the movie too, which comes put on my birthday.

HM: Danganronpa V3: Wasn't listed on the Game Informer list, so I didn't put it on here. Otherwise it's either #3 or #4. Super hyped for this.

Other HMs: Ni No Kuni 2, The Last Guardian, No Man's Sky, Gravity Rush 2, SMT IV Final, Dragon Quest VII / VIII / XI (hopefully)

Gonna be an incredible year.

Quake1028

Will edit in comments later.

1.The Last Guardian
2.New Hot Shots Golf
3.Gran Turismo Sport
4.Horizon Zero Dawn
5.Ratchet & Clank
6.Scalebound
7.The Legend of Zelda
8..Gears of War 4
9.Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma
10.Quantum Break

5 PS4, 3 XBO, 1 WIIU, 1 MULTI

Not to backseat mod, but as a reminder for poor Shinobi's sake, everyone should try to follow the format he asked for!

Please use a colon between the title of the game and your sentence

Game X : Insert info here

ckohler

1. Persona 5: Persona 4 Golden blew my mind. When those final (true-ending) credits rolled it instantly became one of my top 5 games of all time. Persona 5 already looks to be all that and more. The trailers show an insane amount of style, polish and signature "Persona" charm. It's got the same winning formula. Just look at my avatar. My expectations and my excitement for this game could not be higher.

2. Uncharted 4: Naughty Dog's pedigree automatically gives this game a top spot on my list. Not only does Uncharted 4 already have visuals on a level beyond just about any other game out there, I fully expect it to have the same edge-of-your-seat excitement and charming story we've come to love from the series.

3. Horizon: Zero Dawn: This game's reveal at E3 was amazing. I love stories about the far flung future and this is an interesting take on the idea where humanity's distant, primitive decedents live along side the very robots that once destroyed civilization. As is expected of Guerrilla Games, the graphics look top notch and being open world means I can expect to enjoy exploring this interesting new setting.

4. Quantum Break: Time travel stories are among my favorites in fiction so the premise of this game alone ranks it highly. Add to that some very slick looking time warping effects and powers, a story written by Sam Lake, an all star cast, and an intriguing, interactive live-action component that changes based on your decisions. Everything together makes for a very innovative game.

5. Final Fantasy XV: What I've played of Episode Duscae was very promising and hints at the grand action JPRG to come. The graphics and character animations look stunning and the world they are building really appears to be capturing the "fantasy set in reality" motif they are going for. I just hope the story is enjoyable and not too esoteric.

6. Crackdown 3: The original games in this series we so much fun that the idea of a new-gen version of this hilarious 3rd person shooter just makes me grin cheek-to-cheek. Even better, it's being developed by the original creator of the series: former head of Realtime Worlds, David Jones. Not to mention it will have that crazy looking Azure-powered mass scale destruction.

7. Ratchet and Clank: As cliche as it sounds, this very well may be the first game that actually looks like you're playing a Pixar movie in real time. The lighting and character models look insanely good. I've always been a mild fan of this series but this game just looks too good to pass up...and it has a full movie tie-in to boot!

8. No Mans Sky: Ever since I played Elite on the C64, I've been looking forward to more space exploration games where the only goal is to explore and survive. This has that same space sci-fi feel as classic Elite. No Man's Sky looks ambitious even if the graphics are simple. I just hope it has a solid hook. I do need to give the new Elite a try. I played the demo and found the controls a bit frustrating where as this looks much simpler and possibly more inviting.

9. Far Cry Primal: A welcome surprise. The past Far Cry games have been fun and while I never actually finished one, the setting of this might change that. No longer are we fighting boring drug lords or mercenaries. Now we're fighting to survive pre-history! The Stone Age seems like the perfect setting for this series and is certainly more interesting to me than the past games.

10. Day of the Tentacle Remastered: My second favorite point-and-click adventure game of all time (after The Curse of Monkey Island) is coming back with all sorts of bells and whistles. New graphics, classic and new interface options, developer commentary and it'll be cross buy on PS4 and Vita. I can't wait to play this classic and see how many puzzles and jokes I've forgotten.

DeathPeak

1. Legend of Zelda Wii U: Zelda fan, so naturally I'm excited. Beyond that though I'm especially loving the new art direction, and I'm curious to see what it brings to the Zelda lore.

2. The Last Guardian: Ico and SotC are both beautiful works of art. I've been anticipating this game just as long as anybody else and I can't wait for it to come to fruition.

3. Uncharted 4: I thoroughly enjoyed the first three, so why wouldn't I be excited for 4? Naughty Dog hasn't let me down yet.

4. Star Fox Zero: I'm very hopeful that I won't be disappointed. Keeping my expectations low, because there's a special place in my heart for Star Fox. I want to enjoy this. I can get past graphics. Just give me something fun to play.

5. Gravity Rush Remastered: Looked like the kind of game I'd enjoy but didn't have the means to play it. I look forward to giving it a whirl.

6. Street Fighter V: Always love me some Street Fighter.

7. Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4): Wasn't a fan of Lara before, but I really enjoyed the reboot.

8. Final Fantasy XV: This one is weird. I want to play it, but I can't help but feel it's not the Final Fantasy game I've been waiting for.

9. No Man's Sky: Been intrigued ever since it was first revealed.

10. Fire Emblem Fates: Awakening is one of my favorite games on the 3DS. Wasn't really a fan before that. I've got a feeling Fates will keep my newfound interest in the series going.

Machina

Banned
1. Persona 5
2. Zelda U (......NX)
3. Mass Effect: Andromeda
4. Horizon
5. The Tomorrow Children
6. Total War: Warhammer
7. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
8. The Last Guardian
9. Final Fantasy XV
10. Uncharted 4

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
2. South Park: The Fractured but Whole
3. Raiden V
4. Dark Souls 3
5. The Last Guardian
6. Street Fighter 5
7. Assetto Corsa (PS4)
8. Uncharted 4
9. Star Fox 0
10. Dragon Quest 7 (3DS EU)

TwiztidElf

1. Uncharted 4
2. Xcom2
3. Pokken Tournament
4. ScaleBound
5. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
6. Fire Emblem Fates
7. Last Guardian
8. Horizon Zero Dawn
9. CupHead

I don't believe 2016:
ZeldaU
Cyberpunk 2077

Maybes:
No Mans Sky
Amplitude
Yooka Laylee
Ratchet and Clank
Ninja Turltles (Platinum)

2016 looks amazing.

Jachaos

Last year, 4 of my top 5 most anticipated didn't make it so there'll be some similarities to that year-old list.

1. Persona 5
2. Zelda Wii U
3. Uncharted 4
4. Danganronpa 3
5. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
6. Fire Emblem Fates
7. No Man’s Sky
8. Yakuza 0
9. Horizon Zero Dawn
10. Mirror’s Edge Catalyst

RM8

1- Street Fighter V
2- Fire Emblem Fates
3- Mighty No. 9
4- XCOM 2
5- Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
6- Killer Instinct PC
7- Trackmania Turbo
8- Final Fantasy Explorers
9- Dragon Quest VII
10- Pokkén Tournament

Crap, man. I had to leave Dark Souls III, Star Fox Zero and DQVIII out. And Pokémon Go, that has potential to be awesome.

1. Quantum Break
2. Cuphead
3. Scalebound
4. Star Ocean 5
5. Final Fantasy XV
6. Gears of War 4
7. XCOM 2
8. ReCore
9. Ratchet and Clank
10. Chasm

AirJay

Neo Member
1. The Legend of Zelda for Wii U : A new Zelda with a great art style, that aspires to combine the original game with modern open world games? Sounds good to me.

2. Zero Time Dilemma : I can not wait to see how they wrap up this crazy story.

3. Yooka-Laylee : Spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie from a bunch of former Rareware developers is a dream come true.

4. Fire Emblem Fates : I loved Awakening and this game looks even better.

5. Mass Effect Andromeda : Mass Effect 3 had great game play, awesome story moments and a great multiplayer mode. Hopefully all of that stuff carries over to Andromeda.

6. #FE : A persona style RPG from Atlus with splashes of Fire Emblem sounds like a fun time.

7. Pokken Tournament : A 3D Pokemon fighting game with an off putting high definition art style? Sure, I'll take it.

8. Star Fox Zero : I'm not a big star fox fan but I will support a game from Myiamoto and Platinum.

9. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD : I can't wait to play this game all reversed, with slightly nicer graphics and less unnecessary motion controlled sword waggling.

10. Persona 5 : Looks amazing. So much style.

1. Persona 5: This instantly became one my favorite RPG series after P3 and I've been excited for this since I beat P4.

2. Final Fantasy XV: Even after all these years I'm still really hyped for this and I loved the demo.

3. Danganronpa V3

4. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst

5. South Park: The Fractured but Whole

6. Gravity Rush 2

7. Senran Kagura Estival Versus: Life and hometown.

8. Mass Effect Andromeda

9. Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4: Easily the my favorite way to experience Naruto's story.

10. PvZ: Garden Warfare 2: GW1 might be my most played game on PS4. I only got it cause it was free last during PSX and it ended being one of my favorite games and what got me into plays games online more. Everything I've seen for 2 makes it look like it's going to be even more fun than the first.

UberTag

I'm sure Rockstar will announce their "Agent" or "RDR2" in 2016, and that'll be my GOTY.
You think Rockstar's going to both announce a major AAA release and ship it in the same calendar year? That doesn't exactly conform to their traditional marketing philosophy.

FFFanatic

Neo Member
1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Persona 5
3. Zelda Wii U
4. Dragon Quest VII
5. Star Ocean 5
6. Mass Effect: Andromeda
7. Yooka-Laylee
8. Star Fox Zero
9. Hyper Light Drifter
10. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

1. Uncharted 4
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Dark Souls 3
4. Death's Gambit
5. The Witness
6. Overwatch
7. Hellblade
8. Hitman
9. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
10. DOOM

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2751251-9131702088-ebzxf.gif
2. Persona 5
3. Fire Emblem Fates
4. Dark Souls 3
5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
7. The Last Guardian
8. Attack on Titan
9. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
10. The Witness

2. Torment: Tides of Numenera
3. Dragon Quest XI
4. Persona 5
5. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
6. Tree of Savior
7. Dragon's Dogma PC
8. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
9. Final Fantasy XV
10. Star Ocean 5

Next year is gonna be good.

GamerJM

Banned
1. Zero Time Dilemma : There are games on this list that are sequels to games that I liked more than 999 and VLR. That being said, VLR's cliffhanger left me more hyped for a new game than I am for most games. I love these kinds of VNs with puzzle-based gameplay, but there's always some sort of minor issue that I find with them that prevents me from saying they're among my favorites ever. ZTD feels like it could be the first game to break that trend if it matches the gameplay of VLR to the atmosphere and story of 999, with improved writing. More than anything, I just want to play this game.

2. Fire Emblem Fates : Contrary to the fanbase's opinions on it, I loved Awakening and the Japanese impressions on this one sound incredible. Plus three versions of content?! This could be the first in the series to surpass Rekka No Ken for me. I'm a huge fan of the Fire Emblem series and this just sounds like it's shaping up to be the series pinnacle.

3. The Legend of Zelda for Wii U : I'm not a gigantic Zelda fan, but I do like the games a lot. At worse I usually just like them but find a lot of issues with them. However, everything we've seen of this one has impressed the hell out of me, despite my issues with open world gameplay. I'm also super hyped to see how it'll pan out if it gets ported to the NX, which I hope and believe it will.

4. Persona 5 : 8 months or so ago this might have topped the list but now my hype has kind of passed. However, the trailers just look incredible. So much style! As for the Persona series, the only one I really like is 4, so there's a decent chance I might not like it. Still, I have faith this will continue in a 4-esque direction so I'm excited.

5. Illusory Revelations #FE : Another Persona-esque game! This one is worked on by the Devil Survivor people and I liked DS2 more than Persona 4 actually. Pandering aside I like the aesthetics and I enjoy a lot of idol music and stuff despite the more problematic elements. Plus this game will have SMT and Fire Emblem gameplay goodness, what's not to love!?

6. Dragon Quest XI (3DS) : I'm a fairly big fan of the Dragon Quest games, and I'm still blown away by the fact that we're essentially going to get a classic SNES-style RPG developed by Square Enix in the year 2016, complete with SNES-style sprites. That's shit that just doesn't happen anymore. Aside from that we don't know much about this game but I'm sure it'll be Dragon Quest goodness.

7. DanganRonpa V3 : I actually might be more excited about the anime that wraps up the DaganRonpa saga than this. That being said, I really liked DR1 and 2 and I'm sure this will be more of that. I'm getting sort of Apollo Justice soft reboot vibes from what we've seen so far, which is fine by me.

8. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness : SO4 was a game with a godly battle system and basically not much else. But because of how godly its battle system was I still thought it was really damn good. I don't care how bad the story is here, and I have little faith in the team's writers, but for the love of God if Tri-Ace expands upon that battle system then hnnng.

9. Ace Attorney 6 : Usually this would be way higher up but I'm starting to get the feeling that this series isn't really going anywhere in terms of an overarching story, which is one of the most appealing things about the original trilogy to me. I loved Dual Destinies, and on some days I might consider it my favorite AA, so I'm sure I'll like this. But yeah I really wish they could squeeze more of a character arc out of Apollo and bring back some of the characters from AJ since I thought a lot of that game had potential but was underdeveloped, and I'm sad I might never see that realized. Still it's Ace Attorney so I'm hyped.

10. Final Fantasy XV : Another game that would normally be way higher up. The demo was a boatload of fun and I really like the vibe I'm getting from this game, plus I like the FF series in general. That being said I have little faith in SE's ability to actually release it next year. This game has just been to development hell and back and it just makes me worried, because I want to play it and I want it to be good.

I decided to leave out rereleases like TP HD and Dragon Quest VIII to make this easier for me.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
1. Uncharted 4- Naughty Gods, nuff said. The finally of arguably the best/most influential action/adventure franchise. Looks to be their best work yet.
2. Horizon Zero Dawn- This game looks amazing .
3. The Last Gauridan- Team Ico, nuff said.
4. Mafia III- Mafia II was one of my favorite games last gen.
5. Ratchet & Clank- This looks absolutely phenomenal, can't wait to play Ratchet again.
6. Persona 5- Never played a Persona game before, but have heard a lot of great things about the franchise.
7. Ni-Oh- Looks so fun
8. Zelda U- I don't care about Nintnedo at all anymore, but Zelda is one franchise that I'm interest in. Won't buy a Wii U for it though, hopefully it's an NX game.
9. Tomb Raider- Don't own an Xbox One, so will have to wait. We'll see if I'm still interested after playing Uncharted 4 next year.
10. PS VR- Don't know if this counts, but I'm intrigued by VR, and according to a lot of people who tried it PS VR is one of the best. Now I just need a price, if it's too expensive it will flop. Sony has to get the price right.

Edit-This is going to come down between Uncharted 4 and Zelda again isn't it ?

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : Love the previous games and this is a looker to boot.
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn : Most anticipated from E3 and really intrigued with how this turns out.
3. The Witness : I have been waiting for this game forever. I need me some puzzles.
4. Firewatch : Have seen some video and seems like a really cool game.
5. Hellblade : Another game that looks fun and interesting.
6. Ratchet & Clank : One of my favorite game series of all time. Looking forward to this reimagining.
7. Dishonored 2 : Loved the first one.
8. Gears of War 4 : Gears 1 is my favorite multiplayer game of all time. This is the game that will make me get the Xbone if it turns out good.
9. Bound : Looks interesting and of late I have come to love indie and more bite sized games.
10. Paragon : Love LoL and love Gears, so I'm interested in what looks like a mashup of the two.

Usobuko

Banned
1. The Last Guardian
2. Street Fighter V
3. NieR: Automata
4. Final Fantasy XV
5. Torment: Tides of Numenera
6. Ni Oh
7. Zelda Wii U
8. Digimon Cyber Sleuth
9. Tekken 7
10. Dark Souls III

My guess is I'll have no time to play anything on this list, like last year's.

Famassu

1. Final Fantasy XV - I've been waiting this for almost 10 years. While there are a lot of changes to what was advertised from Versus XIII, I think the essence of an action RPG set in a modern world with friends being forced on a road trip by a coup that I personally became so interested in is still mostly there. The demo was pretty flawed but with more recent news of all the changes + all the additional coats of polish that any game gets from an early demo like that to the final release, I'm more confident that the final game will be rid of pretty much all or at least most of the cumbersome things from the demo & something really good.

2. Mirror's Edge 2 - Mirror's Edge is probably in my Top 10 favorite PS360 era games. This looks to be taking the concept further while still being very faithful to the original.

3. Nier: Automata - Nier isn't a perfect game, but it's another one of those Top 10 PS360 era games for me, so how could I not be extremely excited about a Platinum developed Nier 2?

4. Trails of Cold Steel II - I've fallen completely & utterly in love with the world of these Trails games. So happy that, after an almost 5 year wait between Trails in the Sky First Chapter & Second Chapter, we are getting SC, Cold Steel I & Cold Steel II so closely to each other. Let's just hope that these games sell well enough that XSeed will want to continue with the 3 remaining-to-be-localized games after Cold Steel II, that they don't crash & burn so hard that they'll never touch Kiseki games again.

5. Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma - After the news that Zero Escape 2 hadn't sold well enough to continue, I'm extremely happy that we are getting the finale to the trilogy. Such fun visual novels.

6. Gravity Rush 2 - Gravity Rush 1 is my favorite Vita game so a sequel to it (even though not on Vita) is naturally on my most anticipated 2016 games.

7. The Last Guardian - A project even longer in the making than FFXV. -_-; Like ICO and LOVE LOVE LOVE XOXOXOXOXOXO Shadow of the Colossus. Not sure why I didn't list this higher, maybe my enthusiasm has dropped a little big in the decade since SOTC, but I'm fairly certain I'll love this game.

8. Ace Attorney 6 - I'll continue supporting this franchise for as long as Capcpom keeps bringing them to the west.

9. Scalebound - the reason why I bought an Xbone. Though I'm almost certain that this won't make it in 2016, it just seemed far too early when they showed it a few months ago.

10. Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness - Any JRPG that doesn't pander to the pervs is pretty high on my list of most anticipated games for 2016. SO5 seems to take what is good about the SO series and leaving most of the shit behind that was so horrible in SO4.

Skikkiks

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn : Love everything about this title, hope it can deliver
2. Street Fighter V : A new generation of street fighter, beta is good and the game is getting constant support with DLC and shit, gonna put a lot of time into this
3. Fire Emblem Fates : Spent 300 hours playing Awakening and enjoyed it faults and all, and impressions from its japan release make it sound like it's better so hooray
4. Overwatch : Watching footage of the beta brings back a lot of nostalgia for when I played
PS3
TF2 and I put a whole butt hole of hours into that shit so I'm ready to get my hands on this
5. Severed : Interesing concept with good word of mouth from people who played it. Don't know if this comes out this year (Drinkbox just says soon all day) but after Guacamelee, Drinkbox has my support. money and hype
6. Cuphead : played this at Fan Expo, the gameplay is as fun as the art style, can't wait for this
7. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : it's Uncharted
8. Abzu : exploring the deep sea with Journey's lovely art style
9. Wattam : befriend people as the mayor so you can explode everyone to find other people to befriend, it's good
10. South Park: The Fractured But Whole : Stick of Truth was good so I'm good for more

Honorable Mentions:
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
Firewatch
Drift Stage
Yooka Laylee
Gravity Rush Remastered / Gravity Rush 2
Unravel
Shadow of the Beast
Trackmania Turbo
Ratchet and Clank
The Last Guardian
Hyper Light Drifter
Project X Zone 2

1. Danganronpa V3 : Spike Chunsoft and Kodaka have given me no reason to doubt that this will be one of the best games in the genre.
2. Persona 5 : Always got to have more Persona! Now that FF7 abandoned turn-based, this series just got a hell of a lot more meaningful to me.
3. Zero Time Dilemma : The Zero Escape trilogy finally gets its much deserved conclusion. Definitely sounds promising so far with the darker tone.
4. Fire Emblem Fates : It's Fire Emblem. It's gonna be great!
5. Genei Ibun Roku X FE : Persona mixed with Fire Emblem. What's not to like?
6. Bravely Second : Ready for some more classic Final Fantasy action because Square won't give it to me even in a remake elsewhere :(
7. Dragon Quest VII : Took long enough for this to get localized!
8. Project Setsuna : I lied, Square actually is giving us turn-based combat on consoles!
9. No Man's Sky : If VR compatible, this could be revolutionary.
10. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness : Hopefully it doesn't suck.

mrmickfran

1. Zelda U : What will most likely be the first good 3D Zelda in almost 10 years has me hyped to hell.

2. Nier Automata : I think this video speaks for itself.

3. Star Fox Zero : People bitching about the graphics need to shut it, the gameplay looks sooo smooth.

4. Persona 5 : Playing Golden for the first time this year gave me SUCH a Persona itch. I need to satisfy it.

5. Ace Attorney 6 : More AA is always good, though it would be nice for ALL AA games to come to America ;_;

6. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone : 200 songs, all ball bustingly hard, lets do this.

7.Final Fanasy XV : At this point, I don't even care if the game doesn't meet my expectations, I'm just glad it's finally coming out.

8. Danganronpa V3 : I'm ready for despair.

9. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma : VLR's ending left SUCH a bad taste in my mouth. I need to finish this trilogy.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
1. The Legend of Zelda for Wii U: Because I am a massive Zelda fan, and it has been too long since the last game. The art style of the game looks gorgeous, and the prospect of playing in Zelda's biggest and most open world yet is exciting.
2. Uncharted 4: "Come on. Who else were you gonna pick?"
3. Horizon Zero Dawn: You are hunting giant robo dinosaurs. I repeat: you are hunting giant robo dinosaurs.
4. Quantum Break: I like to mess with time and space.
5. Star Fox Zero: I played Star Fox 64 to death and expect a good load of nostalgia from this title.
6. Mass Effect Andromeda: BioWare makes good games.
7. Gears of War 4: It looked dope.
8. Final Fantasy XV: It will release in 2016. Right? Right?
9. No Man's Sky: I am always ready to explore space.
10. The Witness: I like puzzle games.

1. Uncharted 4 : You'd think being the 4th (main) game in the series and me being super disappointed in Uncharted 3 this would be lower on my list, but from the first gameplay demo I saw a game that was very improvement from a gameplay standpoint, and though it still has to prove itself through the course of its campaign, the multiplayer beta has confirmed what I thought: These mechanics are sublime. I've already put somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 hours into a super limited one mode, 2 map beta and it's only made me more excited for what they can do in the campaign. I'm sure the narrative will be fun, and I'm excited to see how a Druckmann/Straley led UC wraps everything up, but the mechanics are why this is #1.

2. No Man's Sky : I don't know if this will succeed at what it wants to do, but I NEED to try it.

3. Nier Automata : Platinum Games handling a sequel to a cult classic that, realistically, has no business having a sequel. In other words, the best action game developer on the planet is about to make this shine where the first title was mediocre, without losing the vision of director Taro Yoko or the incredible music from Keiichi Okabe. No reason this shouldn't be a very special game.

4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : I asked for this. More cyberpunk stealth with a new Michael McCann soundtrack. Yes. Yes to all of that.

5. Mirror's Edge Catalyst : Can't shake this feeling that they're gonna screw this up, but lawd it's a Mirror's Edge sequel. Hype.

6. Ratchet & Clank : It's a 3D action-platformer from Insomniac. I'm dying for this

7. Yooka-Laylee : It's a 3D platformer from Rare alumni. I'm dying for this.

8. Mass Effect Andromeda : Hard pressed to name a series that's left me with as bad a taste in my mouth as Mass Effect, but it's also hard for me to not be excited for a new Mass Effect on the Frostbite engine with a renewed focus on exploring the frontier.

9. Hitman (2016) : This might be a foolish choice, but they're saying all the right things. Their content rollout and what it'll do to the initial release is a bit concerning, but these stealth sandboxes mang.

10. Horizon Zero Dawn : Guerrilla has a lot to prove with this one, and I'm not sure if they'll live up to the hype, but it's a really interesting looking title and they made all the right hires to execute on it. Here's hoping.

Honorable Mentions: Quantum Break, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Gravity Rush Remastered, Gravity Rush 2, Dishonored 2, The Legend of Zelda Wii U, The Last Guardian, Firewatch, Shadow Warrior 2, Scalebound

2016 though o_0 All of this and I know I'm forgetting a bunch of games

JWNSY

1) Persona 5
2) Dark Souls 3
3) No Man's Sky
4) Horizon Zero Dawn
5) Attack on Titan
6) Cuphead
7) Ni-Oh
8) Superhot
9) Nier: Automata
10) The Last Guardian

random25

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U : Any Zelda fan is excited for this one!
2. Fire Emblem Fates : The long wait is over.
3. Star Fox Zero : Finally, after so many years of waiting for a new Star Fox game.
4. Dragon Quest VII : Localization-begging has finally bear fruit!
5. Zero Escape 3 : It lives! The conclusion us hardcore fans have been waiting for.
6. Ace Attorney 6 : I'm always up for a new Ace Attorney! Where's Dai Gyakuten Saiban Capcom!?
8. Illusory Revelations #FE : Bring me the FE idols!
9. Persona 5 : My PS3 swan song! Don't fail me, Atlus!
10. Final Fantasy XV : I don't want to put it here because GAF has a curse of jinxing Most Anticipated Games to delaynation, but I guess it's time to end the curse!

IKizzLE

1. Mass Effect Andromeda
tumblr_nq07p7Rfma1rhk0sdo1_500.gif

2. Uncharted 4
2751251-9131702088-ebzxf.gif

3. Dark Souls 3
tumblr_nweke9cPRz1rc5lb9o5_r1_400.gif

4. Street Fighter V
tumblr_nyzea0s4ku1r61mabo1_540.gif

5. Horizon Zero Dawn
kofsbshxxs.gif

6. Final Fantasy XV
tumblr_mo8yexvC5x1qzd219o1_500.gif

7. Nier Automata
tumblr_nx4ujwqhFf1rhndafo3_400.gif

8. The Division
tumblr_nponxd7wvO1rmfzd9o1_540.gif

9. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
tumblr_nmk6qrpK6C1qer734o1_500.gif

10. Gravity Rush 2
ForcefulFineBaldeagle.gif

mujun

2. Crackdown 3
3. Dishonored 2
4. Scalebound
5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
6. Homefront: The Revolution
7. No Man's Sky
8. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
9. Quantum Break
10. Final Fantasy XV

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
2. Torment: Tides of Numenera
3. XCOM 2
4. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
5. Doom
6. The Banner Saga 2
7. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
8. Firewatch
9. Mass Effect Andromeda
10. Mafia III

Pretty sure Divinity Original Sin 2 is not 2016, and havent heard any confirmation about ROUTINE or Kentucky Route Zero Act 4 either.

nib95

Banned
1. Uncharted 4: The conclusion to one of my now all time favourite franchises, despite being so young. Whilst I'm not sure it will top UC2, everything I've seen from it looks and sounds simply incredible. A great evolution and with copious amounts of that classic ND magic. I'm playing the MP beta now and I just can't get enough of it. I expect this to be the full package. Whether or not it ends up being an all time classic, remains to be seen.

2. Horizon: Zero Dawn: Open world RPG featuring robot dinosaurs. I mean, is there even a better game premise? Lol. What they've shown looks absolutely fantastic, from the diversity in gameplay, combat mechanics, tactical range, graphics, design, art etc. Just altogether very impressive. Hope they can deliver.

3. Final Fantasy XV: Even though I'm still somewhat apprehensive about this one, I can't help but be super excited. A part of me wants to believe this will be the title that makes Square Enix mark it's return to form. I love the art direction, world, setting, combat and general feel of it all. I truly hope it impresses, because it has all the ingredients to be a real success.

4. Mass Effect 4: Andromeda: I really enjoyed the other entrants to this franchise, and after experiencing Battlefront, the mind boggles at how absurdly gorgeous this game has the potential to be. After the drama with 3's ending, I really think EA will be more conscious this time to deliver a more wholesome and consistent overall experience.

5. Ni-Oh:: I have literally been craving a new Onimusha since the last, and not only does this look like the closest thing to it yet, it actually looks like a legitimate contender to actually challenge it. I hope it has aspects of everything that made Onimusha so amazing and then some.

6. Dark Souls 3: Not much needs to be said. A sequel to one of the most revered franchises ever, and now with more Bloodborne influence. Enough. Said.

7. Zelda Wii U: Another sequel to one of the all time great franchises. Whilst I am still a tad apprehensive, I love what I've seen of it so far. It really has the potential to not only be one of 2016's best games, but one of the best of the entire generation.

7. The Last Guardian: A new beautiful, unique and painfully charming game from the studio that brought us the amazing ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, how could I not be hyped? It looks to have many of the markings of what made these past games great, with a real refreshing sense of wonder and emotional resonance. Here's hoping it lives up to expectations in gameplay.

8. RiME: This game has a sort of Japan Studio, ICO vibe about it, only mixed with an almost Ghibli level of adventure, awe and style. It looks utterly beautiful and immensely creative. I honestly can't wait.

9. Persona 5: Another sequel to what is one of the most critically acclaimed and formidable JRPG's ever. So far what they've shown looks excellent, and gives me no reason to doubt that this new release will be anything but another triumph within the genre.

10. Ratchet & Clank: One of the older greats, and also one of the better iterations within the franchise, now given a complete re-envisioning and make over, to hopefully bring it back better than ever. It looks absolutely stunning from a graphical standpoint, and the gameplay tweaks, additions and polish ups are most welcome.

Shame Forza Horizon 3 isn't announced yet otherwise that would have been in my list.

1. Persona 5
  2. Nioh
  3. Dark Souls III
  4. Doom
  5. Fire Emblem: Fates
  6. The Legend of Zelda
  7. The Last Guardian
  8. Firewatch
  9. Valkyria Chronicles Remaster
  10. Mass Effect: Andromeda

YeSp

Neo Member
1. Uncharted 4
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Dark Souls 3
4. The Last Guardian
5. No Man's Sky
6. Ratchet & Clank

1. Uncharted 4: There is a sense of adventure in the Uncharted games that no other game really achieves for me. This seems to be improving on every aspect of the series and incorporating some design elements from The Last of Us. This is one of those rare occasions where I think a game will have fantastic gameplay and a fantastic story.

2. Persona 5: Persona 4 is one of my favorite games in large part because it has one of the best (maybe the best) cast of characters in a video game and tackles some complex, adult themes in a surprisingly mature way. I can only hope Persona 5 lives up to, if not exceeds, expectations.

3. Mass Effect: Andromeda: Like Persona 4, Mass Effect (especially 2) has a phenomenal cast of characters that really got me emotionally invested in the story. And, the gameplay in 2 and 3 are actually pretty darn good. I'm more hopeful than I should be for this game, but I can't help loving the universe and setting.

4. Horizon: Zero Dawn:
This game just looks dope. Robotic dinos? Bruh. The gameplay seems promising, and I'm hoping it will be good enough to make up for possible narrative issues. The Killzone games are good/great, but the narrative has always been very disappointing because they could have been great all around experiences. I'm hoping Guerilla Games can deliver a complete package with Horizon: ZD.

5. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma: The previous entries have great characters, insane stories and a ridiculous but captivating mystery. Also, they have some pretty fun puzzles/gameplay segments. Hoping for more of the same, just a little crazier and a little more polished.

6. Danganronpa V3: See #5.

7. Ni no Kuni 2: The first one really captured the essence of old school JRPG's with some modern ideas. The art style was beautiful, the music was great, and while the combat could have been better and more varied, it was still pretty fun. Also, while it definitely didn't rival Pokémon for that "I gotta catch them all!" addiction, I did enjoy hunting for familiars and training them. If Ni no Kuni 2 can improve on its combat and familiar training, this will be a sleeper GOTY candidate.

8. Dishonored 2: The first had a great world, great aesthetics, fun and well balanced stealth/action gameplay. A very well rounded game.

9. The Last Guardian: I like ICO but I love Shadow of the Colossus. I'm keeping my hype in check, but hopefully this is a surprise great game.

10. Batman: A Telltale Game: I don't know much about this game, but I'm a huge Batman fan and I really enjoy the Telltale games as a palette cleanser in between major AAA games.

I'm very curious about stuff like Zelda U, Quantum Break, and Gears of War, but since I don't currently have a Wii U or a Xbox One I didn't think it would be fair to include exclusives from those consoles unless I was confident I would get the system.

Vyrance

1. Mass Effect Andromeda
2. Final Fantasy XV
4. Firewatch
5. The Last Guardian
6. No Man's Sky
7. Dragon Quest XI
8. NieR: Automata
9. The Witness
10. Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness

Top Bottom