• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Game of 2016 (Voting has been over for weeks)

Neolith

1. Persona 5
2. Nier automata
3. Dark souls III
4. FFXV
5. Zero escape 3
6. The last guardian
7. Uncharted 4
8. Horizon
9. Gravity Rush 2
10. Ni-oh

1. Yakuza 0
2. Persona 5
3. NiER Automata
4. The Last Guardian
5. Dark Souls III
6. Ni-Oh
7. Uncharted 4
8. Street Fighter V
9. Mass Effect: Andromeda
10. Firewatch

Kill3r7

1. *No Man Sky
  2. *TLG
  3. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  4. Uncharted 4
  5. Persona 5
  6. Gears 4
  7. Horizon
  8. Cuphead
  9. Quantum Break
  10. DSIII

*If Destiny 2/Zelda WiiU come out in 2016 they would automatically take the number 1 & 2 spots.

Other notable releases
Nier
FF XV
Deus Ex
Bravely Second
Crackdown 3
SFV
Mirror's Edge

1. Kathy Rain: The trailer sure hits all those 90's nostalgia moments for me. It's definitely going to be an amazing year for point and click adventure games, which is what my list will be mostly dominated by. My guess is this game will release Q1 2016.

2. Shardlight: It's a Wadjet Eye adventure game so there is almost no way for me to be disappointed. Check out the trailer. The release date is Spring 2016.

3. The Journey Down: Chapter Three: This will surely be an awesome conclusion to one of my favorite adventure game series of the past few years. I hope it makes its September 2016 Kickstarter delivery goal. It would fit the new episode every two years plan as well.

4. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma: Another trilogy will come to an end next summer. I just played 999 and Virtue's Last Reward this year so I am ready for the finale to arrive.

5. Muv-Luv Trilogy: I am really hoping the English version of this trilogy hits its Kickstarter goal of being released next year on Vita. I played my first visual novel on vita this year, which was Steins;Gate and really enjoyed it so I am looking forward to having a whole three part series to play next year and hopefully a fourth game if Steins; Gate 0 gets confirmed for a western release next year.

6. No Man's Sky: This game was originally higher on my list and I bought a new gaming laptop this summer hoping it would have a fall release but it has since dropped a few places on my anticipation list. Knowing that it will be $60 at release and probably not DRM-Free (Steam only) means that I will wait for a sale to buy it. If it releases on Gog though I will be very happy.

7. Genei Ibun Roku #FE / Illusory Revelations #FE (Whatever the English title is): Next up is the only Wii U release on my list. I'm quite confident it will be released next year in English regardless of what it's name will be. I don't have a TV at the moment so my Wii U is not seeing ay use but when this game comes out I will have to hook it up again (or just play it on the gamepad assuming my NA Wii U will work in Europe).

8. Thimbleweed Park: Another solid looking adventure game that I backed on Kickstarter. The screenshots are looking great and I am loving the nostalgic verb interface. If it turns out at least as good as Broken Age I will be satisfied. I predict a summer release for this one.

9. Day of the Tentacle: Special Edition: Coming out in March and looking great. This one would be higher if I hadn't played the original a few times. I'm more looking forward to Full Throttle remastered but my guess is it will come in 2017.

10. Firewatch: This game is confirmed for February so I should be playing it soon. It looks like an interesting concept and the footage so far makes it seem like a winner.

jimboton

1 Dark Souls 3; It's FROM Software's next RPG.

2 The Witness; Let me loose in brightly colored island already.

3 Zelda U; I think it has a chance at showing the world an OW adventure rpg without boring ass 'follow the quest marker' 'gameplay' is possible. Then again maybe it will be dumbed down to Witcher/Dragon Age levels of handholding and I will forswear Nintendo forever.

4 Yooka Laylee; We need a new great 3d plaformer, this one is the most promising.

5 Destiny 2; Someone had to say it.

6 Hyper Light Drifter; 30 fps and all.

7 Hollow Knight; the beta was sexy.

8 Death's Gambit

9 XCOM 2

10 Salt and Sanctuary

1. Zelda Wii U
2. Uncharted 4
3. Mass Effect Andromeda (no chance this hits)
4. Dark Souls 3
5. Deus Ex MD
6. FFXV
7. Horizon
8. No Mans Sky
9. Xcom 2
10. Dreams

Fawk Nin

1) Zelda WiiU
2) Fire Emblem: IF
3) Deus EX: MD
4) Gears of War 4
5) Uncharted 4
6) Horizon: Zero Dawn
7) Yooka Leylee
8) Sea of Thieves
9) Dishonoured 2
10) Twilight Princess HD

1. Yakuza 0
2. Valkyria: Azure Revolution
3. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
4. Uncharted 4
5. Alienation
6. The Witness
7. Firewatch
8. Horizon Zero Dawn
9. No Man's Sky
10. The Last Guardian

Andrefpvs

Not too much discussion of lists in here, so I might as well ask: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Nights of Azures. What are the gameplay of those? Cyber Sleuth was on my radar back when there were petitions for localization being passed around, but I've forgotten what it's about.

Digimon Story is a turn-based JRPG, featuring more than 240 popular Digimon. The game features overworld exploration, and I really like the way it looks visually. As for the way it plays, I could be completely wrong, but it gives me some Pokémon, Persona, and Final Fantasy X vibes.

Nights of Azure is an action RPG, but I'm purposely trying to not find out too much about the game right now.

10. Persona 5 - Excited for this because I constantly keep hearing Persona 4G is the best PSVita game.
9. Dragon Quest XI - I loved VIII on PS2, my sister was obsessed with it.
8. Rime - Best looking game visually. If it was by a more proven dev, it would be higher on the list.
7. The Last Guardian - It looks to be an incredibly unique experience and I can`t wait for it. Oh, and it`s apparently coming out. Finally.
6. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - One of my favorite games last generation. Amazing story and characters, I also love the entire theme of this franchise.
5. Final Fantasy XV - One of my favorite and best franchises of all times. I love that each entry is a different world. This looks a bit darker than most FFs in the past. The only negatives at the moment is the sour note of FFXIII and being open world. Otherwise, it would be higher on the list.
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn - The best looking new IP of this generation. My fear is that GG is working on it because they've only made one amazing game. The problem is that this is the type of game that needs great characters and story, something GG is absolutely horrible at. Also other than Witcher 3, all other open world games put me to sleep after some time, so GG will have to work on this.
3. Mass Effect: Andromeda - Mass Effect 2 was one of my favorite games last generation.
2. Ni No Kuni 2 - Is this game coming out next year for sure? Has it been announced? One of my favorite games last generation, and I expect this will be the same case here.
1. Uncharted 4 - The finale of one of my favorite franchises. Based on the PSX demo last year, the car ride at E3 and the MP beta, the game is looking fucking amazing. Ending at 4 instead of pushing it just to make money, unlike many other big companies. But I`m not going to say any names. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Azlan

1. Quantum Break
2. The Witness
3. Dark Souls 3
4. Firewatch
5. Scalebound
6. Uncharted 4
7. Hyper Light Drifter
8. Below
9. Mirrors Edge
10. Horizon: Zero Dawn

My top 10 most anticipated games of 2016:
1. Halo Wars 2. By far my most anticipated game. I would have stopped gaming for a whole year if I was promised the game would be made, so the fact that it was announced is perfect for me.

2. Dark Souls III. Huge Souls fan. Beaten them all, at the last boss of the Bloodborne DLC now, almost don’t wanna beat him so I got something to continue playing towards, DkS3 is a day one game.

3. Mass Effect Andromeda. Love the Mass Effect universe. Looking forward to see what they do to the game. ME3 was for me the best third person shooter last gen, so really wanna play this new iteration.

4. Scalebound. Looking fantastic thus far. Looks like a fun action-rpg with giant enemies and dragon companions. I believe I asked for a game just like this when I was little, its never to late.

5. Ni-Oh. Dark Souls copy with Samurai settings and developed by Team Ninja. Where has this been all my life. Sold on the idea since the first trailer.

6. ReCore. Looks very charming, and I love having a female protagonist and the idea of changing companions. If its action based with some rpgs mechanics, might be epic. Very anticipated and want to see more of it.

7. Gears of War 4. First trailer looked good, more Gears is never bad. Want it to be a dark story with good coop and new enemies, characters. Welcome back Gears.

8. Horizon Zero Dawn. Gameplay shown has been phenomenal, but I hope it’s not a grind fest. Here’s hoping Guerrilla Games can finally knock it out of the park, the Killzone series has always been good but never great.

9. Mirror's Edge Catalyst. Supposedly, it’s an open world game. I have tried to keep away from any story or specifics on this, but love Faith as a character, and want to support having more female leads. Faith is one of the best starting character in gaming for me, so glad to see her back.

10. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. Rise of the Tomb Raider is outstanding, and has really showed me what I should expect from a game like Uncharted 4. Have to wait for reviews on this, as if it’s as linear as the previous Uncharted games, this is a rental, but definitely want to at least try it.

Honorables mentions: Quantum Break, Dishonored 2.

1. Final Fantasy XV: Final Fantasy is my favorite game series ever, and I loved the Duscae stuff earlier this year.
2. No Man's Sky: explore an entirely new galaxy/universe full of stuff? Fuck yeah.
3. Persona 5: P4 was easily one of my favorite PS2 titles, and I'm ready for another proper title instead of all this spin-off bullshit.
4. Horizon - Zero Dawn: I love open world, and the premise here has me very interested.
5. Star Ocean 5: A new game in a series I like, and it looks to be far better than the last entry.
6. Amplitude: Harmonix finally getting back to what made me love them in the first place.
7. Dragon Quest 7 3DS: Best version of one of the best DQ games finally coming out in English.
8. The Last Guardian: Despite all the issues plaguing it, given how much I enjoyed Ico and SotC, I'm pretty excited about this.
9. Dragon Quest Builders: While not confirmed for a US release, I'm assuming it will be, and it looks like a great mix of Minecraft and Dragon Quest
10: Torment - Tides of Numenera: I backed this ages ago. I hope it finally comes out.

boswell22

1. The Legend of Zelda U - It's the new Zelda.....
2. Quantum Break - Love Remedy's previous games and have liked the previews of this so far.
3. Gears Of War 4 - Really enjoyed the previous trilogy and interested to see how they can move the series forward.
4. Persona 5 - Never played any Persona game but from what I have seen and read I am very intrigued on how this will turn out.
5. Mass Effect Andromeda - The Mass Effect Trilogy was probably the highlight of the previous gen for me.
6. Deus Ex Mankind Divided - Loved Human revolutions and the previews of this look incredible.
7. Uncharted 4 - Uncharted 2 is the game I bought the PS3 for and whilst I found Uncharted 3 to be a bit of a chore towards the end I still enjoyed it.
8. No Mans Sky - I have no idea whether I will buy this but I am just intrigued as to how it will turn out.
9. The Witness - Similar to No Man's Sky but I also loved Braid.
10. Scalebound -

As a reminder - be sure to format your lists according to the OP. I can't (won't) pull lists with incorrect formatting when we start counting up the lists, so do good work and format like Daddy Shinobi told you.

1. Zelda Wii U
2. Overwatch
3. Persona 5
4. No Man's Sky
5. Dragon Quest 11
6. Yooka Leylee
7. Phoenix Wright 6
8. Zero Time Dilemma

Other than those I am mostly just anticipating an announcement from Retro Studios and to see what other Nintendo studios are working on for the NX.

1. Hitman : What's been said and shown, indicates that at some point next year we'll finally get that sequel to Blood Money.
  2. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst : I've got faith in DICE's ability to deliver a satisfyingly improved successor to the first one, which was a pretty good first stab at a game that remains distinct in ways I appreciate.
  3. Battlefield 5: Battlefield will always be my multiplayer jam.
  4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : Game looks slick, I like the themes and how it's wading into politics and ethics.
  5. Quantum Break : Remedy shootbangs tend to go beyond in meaningful ways, be it atmosphere, writing or "game feel". I trust this will do the same.
  6. Dreamfall Chapters : Series has a tangible yet hard to describe charm to it that I reckon is much owed to Ragnar Tornquist's writing. Waiting for the full season box.
  7. Ghost Recon: Wildlands : I like the Mercenaries/Bad Company vibes I'm getting from this.
  8. Firewatch : From the producers of great things.
  9. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : It's not Firefly, but, well, I guess it's somethin'.
  10. Dreams : Hopefully a useful fancy tool for those who aren't hopeless at creating things from nothing. It at least looks like it could result in some weird, pretty, wondrous things.

Could swap any of the top four around.

bombshell

As a reminder - be sure to format your lists according to the OP. I can't (won't) pull lists with incorrect formatting when we start counting up the lists, so do good work and format like Daddy Shinobi told you.

I have a couple games with a colon in the title in my post. Is that a problem for the format?

Lamptramp

Quick placeholder while I think about extra info, but not too out of the ordinary. There are a few more I'm intrigued about seeing such as the division, but I'd hardly say I was majorly anticipating them.

1. XCom 2 : I love how the "remake" was brought up to date with Enemy Unknown and Enemy with, sure its pretty far from the complexity of the original but the team captured the feel of the original perfectly, it was hard, unforgiving and heartbreaking. I'd love to see a console version eventually as I feel the original did not suffer for the controls but I'll be all over the PC version happily come launch.

2. No mans' Sky: Since that first reveal I knew it was going to be for me... I could be wrong but everything I've seen since then makes me think its unlikely.

3. Firewatch: A genuinely great attempt and writing and performing a quality script, whats not to love.

4. Mass Effect Andromeda: TBH I'm least anticipating this after Mass Effect 3 disappointed, however I love Sci-Fi, exploration and RPG's and have fond memories of past Bioware games. I'm hoping they bring the magic back.

[edit]

5. Horizon Zero Dawn: I may swap this with Mass effect TBH robot dinosaurs/RPG/Pre-post apocalypse (kinda) makes this anticatipated too.

1. Eve Valkyrie
2. Ace Combat 7
3. Gran Turismo Sport
4. Rigs
5. Dreams
6. Driveclub VR
7. The Division
8. Zelda Wii U
9. Rime
10. No Mans Sky

Honorable Mentions:
Uncharted 4, Horizon, FFXV, SFV, Rez, BattlezoneVR, Golem, Ni No Kuni2, Luckys Tale, London Heist, Robinson VR, 100Ft Robot Golf, World War Toons, Tekken, Recore, Quantum Break, Edge of Nowhere, Chronos, Rockband VR

Looks like you'll be passing on more than half of the votes then.

Interfectum

1. Witcher 3 Blood and Wine
2. Hitman
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
4. Mass Effect: Andromeda
5. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
6. Final Fantasy XV
7. Dark Souls 3
8. Mafia 3
9. South Park: The Fractured but Whole
10. XCOM 2

Rozart

NWADz1s.png

(1) Uncharted 4:
This is Naughty Dog’s swan song. This is Nathan Drake’s goodbye. This is their final Uncharted-- a game with a pretty modest beginning that eventually went on to become the King of the blockbuster action adventure genre. Uncharted has set the standard for what we have now come to expect out of our cinematic set pieces. With this being their final Uncharted game, I’m expecting them to go all-out. They came charging into the action adventure TPS genre and somehow, somewhere along the way have managed to create this epochal Playstation icon. Looking forward to see how they say goodbye to their baby.

Also, rope-swinging, bigger and more open maps, TLOU stealth-like moves and even dialogue choices ?! (
We had this in TLOU’s Left behind DLC too, ppl. Calm yo’ selfs.
) Heck yea, I’m excited.

br3Gsj9.png

(2) Mass Effect: Andromeda:
Sure the only substantial thing that Bioware has put out so far is a 1min teaser featuring a couple of stolen Interstellar clips, some sad background music and femshep’s disembodied voice telling us that...she’s…(
sob
)...signing off (
don’t look at me. i’m tearing up here
).
But yeah.
4644.jpg

Still, it’s Mass Effect. We’re going to getting a new Shepard. A new crew. A new ship. A new universe. It’s enough to give me the tingles.

0CI8PnL.png

(3) The Last Guardian:
Dark Souls may have dethroned SOTC from its original no 1 spot, but SOTC is still one of my favourite games of all time (it’s my number two Game of The Forever). You guys know the spiel. Project Trico announced for PS3. Never came out for it. Ueda disappears. Everyone thought the game was defo, defo cancelled. Canned. Not happening. Never going to happen. There was a TLG support group and everything.

Then, the E3 of dreams happened and here we are now.

If you’ve been following this game since it’s Trico days and you’re (obviously) a big fan of Team Ico’s work, you better have this game in your Top 5 or I will send send some shadow monsters down your way.

C'mon, ppl. You’ve got to Believe!

3DiujEl.png

(4) Dark Souls 3:
The only reason this isn’t any higher up the list is because Bloodborne (that Old Hunters DLC...yummy) kinda settled my jittery Soulsborne fix. But who amma kidding? I consume everything and anything Souls-related with great relish. So yes, I’ll bid a fond farewell to dapper-as-fuck SOBs, dainty talking dolls and NPCs who somehow all end up dead by the end of the game; I’ll even shed some tears (of sacrificial blood) for our cosmic, spidery Overlords. But as I sadly leave my transforming L2-to-win pizza cutter, R2-to-win LHB, and R1-to-win saw cleaver behind...I’ll gladly pick up my shields again and am thrillingly eager to iFrame roll my way back into the cozily medieval world of Dark Souls 3.

Z9a4OYM.png

(5) Fire Emblem: Fates:
Leo/Kamui. Gotta make it happen. I have very important OTP goals.

I’m one of those newer FE fans who picked up Awakening because the buzz around that game was so huge. Played it and absolutely fell in love it. The concept of having your characters possibly facing a permanent death once they’re KO’d is absolutely genius. It sounds daunting. Crazy even. But the best part is that it’s completely doable to get through all the fights with your party still fully intact. Battles are like their own intense mini puzzles since you're required to pay close attention to each of the character’s unique skills, weapon choices and position. Super fun, surprisingly addictive. The fact that this game is releasing half a year after the Japanese version has been released is killing me.

Seriously can’t wait to sink my teeth (and time) back into another FE game.

RKOoe4A.png

(6) Persona 5:
The most stylish game of this generation is finally here, ladies and gentlemen.
(And by 'here', I mean 'not now' but sometime next year.)
Finally, finally, finally the long-awaited sequel to that Vita and PSP game that gaf just won’t shut up about slinks its way to the 2016 calendar. P5 just oozes style: that red-on-black colour palette, that stylized art style, that character design, that persona summons and of course, those shiny sleek menu screens. Wowza. Every single thing that Atlus has shown so far has not disappointed me. This game has so much personality and it’s not afraid of its garishness one bit.

Just think of that super shiny HD Persona town you’ll get to explore!

wd6saKc.png

(7) Horizon: Zero Dawn:
If you've been clamoring for more original concepts/worlds, this game will scratch that itch of yours. It's a post-post-pre-apocalyptic world (don't ask) with a badass female protag that hunts down dinosaurs. Robot Dinosaurs. Sentient robot dinosaurs.

Yeah.

Robo Dinos. Cave ppl. A RPG. Mic drop.

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda : I highly enjoyed the Mass Effect 3 combat and character interaction, and I hope the next installation can continue this while bringing back the exploration feel missing since the first game.

2. Torment: Tides of Numenera : More classic RPGs, yay

3. Divinity: Original Sin 2 : The sequel of the game with my favorite turn-based combat ever.

4. Overwatch : Fun team based multiplayer, from what I can see so far.
-----

That's ... it. I need to play the current DeusEx and Mirror's Edge games before I think about adding the upcoming ones to my list, I don't plan on buying a console for exclusives (Horizon) and other stuff I'm interested in is either extra content (Blood and Wine) or doesn't have a firm release date (Cyberpunk).

Also wow at the amount of delays and disappointments from the previous year's lists

nib95

Banned
Well so RIME and KH3 shouldn't be allowed than, I see people put them on their list.

There is pretty much no way RiME doesn't come out in 2016. It was originally targeting 2015.

On a side note, to those voting Recore, have they actually released any gameplay footage? Or are you going off the CGI trailer?

Lynx_7

1. Persona 5: I cant take it anymore dude. Just give me the game already, Atlus!
2. Final Fantasy XV: Same reason as above. There's only so much waiting I can take.
3. The Legend of Zelda U: This could be higher if only Nintendo released ANY kind of info about it. The silence regarding this title has been going for way too long.
4. Dragon Quest XI: I'm almost positive we wont be seeing this in the west until 2017 at the earliest, but just in case SE surprises me I'll leave this one here.
5. Dark Souls 3: this would be higher if not for Souls fatigue. I'm sure it'll be a strong GOTY contender nevertheless.
6. Ni No Kuni 2
7. The Last Guardian
8. Ni-Oh
9. Shin Megami Tensei IV FINAL
10. Horizon: Zero Dawn

Honorable mentions: Uncharted 4
Street Fighter 5
Fire Emblem Fates
Illusory Revelations #FE

Damn. If we dont get many unexpected delays then 2016 is going to be crazy freaking good.

EDIT: Damnit, I almost forgot about Shin Megami Tensei IV Final. Edited my list to include it

robrueda

1. Uncharted 4 : Most anticipated game of 2015 turns most anticipated game of 2016
2. Zelda U : Sencond most anticipated game of 2015 becomes second most anticipated game of 2016.
3. Firewatch : Have you seen that 20 minute video?
4. Rise os the Tomb Rider for PS4 : This one still counts right?
5. Street Fighter V : dat Chun Li costume
6. Horizons Zero Down
7. Star Fox Zero: : Third most ancicipated game of 2015 becomes 7th most anticipaed game of 2016.
8. Overwatch
9. Doom
10. Home Improvisation : Because why not?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
1. Dragon Quest 11
2. Star Ocean 5
3. Persona 5
4. Nier: Automata
5. Ys 8
6. Ni No Kuni 2
7. Mirrors Edge 2
8. Street Fighter 5
9. Zero Time Dilemma
10. Zelda U

Gonna be a fantastic year for gaming...

1. The Legend Of Zelda Wii U: As a big Zelda fan, this title is the most anticipated for me of course.
2. Genei Ibunroku #FE(SMT x FE): This looks like a great Wii U RPG. And as a fan of Altus RPGs and Fire Emblem, I can't wait for this game.
3. Fire Emblem Fates: I spent ~300 hours on Awakening.
4. Persona 5: I recently played through P3 and P4. I can't wait for more Persona.
5. Star Fox Zero: This looks like fun. I want to see what Nintendo does with Star Fox.
6. Bravely Second: I played Bravely Default and I really liked it.
7. Final Fantasy XV: Hopefully I can get a PS4 by the time this releases> If not I will buy one.
8. Star Ocean 5
9. Dragon Quest 7 3DS
10. Horizon Zero Dawn

kingkenny76

1. Uncharted 4
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Mass Effect:Andromeda
4. Dark Souls 3
5. The Last Guardian
6. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
7. No Man's Sky
8. Ratchet and Clank
9. The Division
10. Ni-Oh

Macstorm

1. Final Fantasy XV: I might not have been blown away by Epi. Dus., but I'm still excited for the full game. Hopefully there are some surprises in store still.
2. Fire Emblem Fates: I'm a sucker for portable Fire Emblem, and this is three in one!
3. Cosmic Star Heroine: Let's have some turn-based RPG goodness on Vita.
4. Salt and Sanctuary: Soullike on Vita? Yes, please.
5. Dark Souls III: I always seem to enjoy playing these games, so why not be excited for it?
6. Setsuna: I want to see if Square Enix's new RPG factory knows what made their older games so good. SE said global release in 2016, so I figure this counts.
7. Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past: I've been begging for this one for forever, so I can't turn back now.
8. World of Final Fantasy: I love the look of this and would like to see more FF content on handhelds, so I'm hopeful for this.
9. Persona 5: Excited, but I still haven't seen enough about it for it to top this list.
10. Zero Time Dilemma: After VLR, I've been needing another mindscrew of a game.

1. Final Fantasy XV : As someone who actually played lightning returns I can't wait to see how this game looks and plays.

2. The Division : Want to see how they flesh out the competitive stuff, really like what I've seen.

3. Dark Souls 3 : I really love magic, so I really love how they are adding so many spells and I think it might change the core of the game for the better.

4. Mass Effect Andromeda : Mass Effect's first 8th gen entry, how could I not be?

5. Persona 5 : Played 3 recently and enjoyed some of the systems, seems like they are going to expand 5 to be more interesting.

6. Ni Oh : I like KT, but seeing something like this from them is unexpected.

7. Dishonored 2 : A great stealth game, do they plan on pushing the genre again with this one?

8. Scalebound : What does a Platinum game with Microsoft money look like?

9. XCOM 2 : How will they adjust to criticisms of the first game?

10. Horizon Zero Dawn : Killing robot animals/dinosaurs sounds like the hunting game I've always wanted.

I have a couple games with a colon in the title in my post. Is that a problem for the format?

Nope. It's only an issue if there's a period between the end of the game title and the beginning of your blurb about that game.

At least for me. Several of us will be counting, but my tool doesn't grab after periods in titles, and it doesn't count any games that aren't part of a numbered list.

Go_Ly_Dow

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Persona 5
3. Star Ocean 5
4. The Last Guardian
5. Yakuza 0

I don't believe NieR Automata and KH3 are 2016 titles so won't include them for now.

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Dark Souls 3
3. Mass Effect:Andromeda
4. Ni-Oh
5. Persona 5
6. Ratchet and Clank
7. The Division
8.Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
9.Overwatch
10.Fire Emblem:Fates
11.Valkyria: Azure Revolution
12.XCOM 2

1. Hitman
2. Dark Souls 3
3. Dishonored 2
4. XCOM 2
5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
6. Cuphead

It's going to be a good year.

Well, for gaming anyways.

Ray Down

Banned
1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Persona 5
3. Star Ocean 5
4. The Last Guardian
5. Yakuza 0

I don't believe NieR Automata and KH3 are 2016 titles so won't include them for now.

I think Neir is but KH3 is defiantly not 2016 its got 2017 all over it.

Now with 15 coming next year will you just replace the old man noctis ava?

AdanVC

1.- The Legend of Zelda: The legend of the U for Wii U
and NX

-A new home console Zelda game is always a great event in gaming and this one will be no exception since it looks like it's going to be the definitive and biggest Zelda game ever made.

2.- Final Fantasy XV
- Everything about this game screams awesome. Since their top notch character design to music, to gameplay to everything. So much that this is going to be my first FF I will play since FF7 forever years ago. Can't wait.

3.- The Last Guardian
-A game by the creators of two of the most legendary games on PS2? Yes pls!

4.- Uncharted 4
-It's aiming to be the perfect cinematic videogame. With perfect blends between gameplay and story-telling. Plus lot's of action.

5.- Cuphead
- A game done like never before. As a big fan of traditional cartoons, I simply cannot wait to admire the handmade graphics in this game. Hope it plays well too!

J-Skee

There is pretty much no way RiME doesn't come out in 2016. It was originally targeting 2015.

On a side note, to those voting Recore, have they actually released any gameplay footage? Or are you going off the CGI trailer?

Rime doesn't have a release date yet, but you're right, it will most likely come out in 2016. But again, per OP rules, it shouldn't be included in any list. However, I feel as though a lot of "confirmed" 2016 games will be delayed to 2017. It's weird, but it's better having something rather than assuming.

AerialAir

Banned
1. Persona 5
2. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final
3. Doom
4. The Last Guardian
5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
6. Valkyria: Azure Revolution
7. Hellblade
8. Odin Sphere: Leifþrasir
9. Mass Effect: Andromeda
10. Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE

JCX

1. Persona 5 : Finished P3P and P4G for the first time this year and fell in love with the series. Mainline Persona is ready to enter the HD era with a splash.

2. Digimon Cyber Sleuth : Handheld Pokemon is starting to bore me, so I'm hoping this scratches my itch for on-the-go monster battling

3. No Man's Sky : I've been through this before with Spore, but this looks a lot more promising.

4. Fire Emblem Birthright/Conquest : Always game for more Fire Emblem, especially when it's 3 new Fire Emblem games at once.

5. Scalebound : Platinum has been on fire this gen. With MS deep pockets, this game should be an easy GOTY contender.

6. #FE : Never expected Nintendo and Atlus would make a full console JRPG this late in the Wii U's lifespan, but all the videos thus far seem great. Like the lighthearted feel and music concert battle setting.

7. Pokken Fighters : Fun arcadey fighter.

8. Cuphead: Still hard to believe the videos are realtime. They mimic the old school animation look perfectly.

9. Metroid Prime Federation Force : Interested in seeing how Nintendo changes the game based on fan reaction so far.

10. ReCore: I need to know more, but if Nintendo won't make another first person metroid, maybe the ex-Retro guys and Inafune can pull it off.

HOSKINGJ

Neo Member
1. Hitman: looks like the sequel to Blood Money people were hoping for

2. Firewatch: really intriguing, great environment and potential story

3. Final Fantasy XV: potential to be a true, new-generation open world JRPG

4. Cuphead: providing there are multiple difficulties this could be so much fun + coop!

5. South Park: The Fractured But Whole: really enjoyed the first one, especially the humour

6. Persona 5: really excited about possibility of exploring Tokyo this console generation

7. The Last Guardian: can relationships between characters in videogames be taken to
another level?

8. Hollow Knight - beautiful animation and visuals, looks great fun

9. Roller Coaster Tycoon World - easily accessible sim/RTS with strong production values

10. Unravel - love the setting and intrigued by the puzzle system

Top Bottom