• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Game of 2016 (Voting has been over for weeks)

K.Sabot

1. Persona 5
-won't come out in 2016 in NA, but I want it as high on the list as possible for irony purposes.
2. NieR: AutomatA
3.Fire Emblem Fates
4.Street Fighter V
5.Nioh
6.Dark Souls 3
7.Zero Time Dilemma
8.Legend of Zelda Wii U
9.Yakuza 0
10. Cosmic Star Heroine
-please come out in 2016, please

Lionheart

1. Persona 5
2. South Park: The Fractured but Whole
3. The Witness
4. Batman: A Telltale Games Series
5. The Last Guardian
6. The Banner Saga (PS4)
7. Day of the Tentacle (PS4)
8. Final Fantasy XV

1. Zelda Wii U
2. Thimbleweed Park (New Ron Gilbert game - a dream come true!)
3. Zelda - Twilight Princess HD
3. Final Fantasy VII Remake
4. Star Fox Zero
5. Day Of The Tentacle Remastered
6. Full Throttle Remastered
7. No Man's Sky

Nintendo NX: Really hoping on getting a new Nintendo console next year.

1. No Man's Sky
2. The Last Guardian
3. Uncharted 4
4. Dreams
5. Dark Souls 3
6. Abzu
7. Horizon: Zero Dawn
8. Yakuza 6
9. Gravity Rush
10. Ni-Oh

Dream year for single player games.
Also PSVR.

Raitaro

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
2. Dark Souls III
3. Street Fighter V
4. Final Fantasy VII Remake (Part 1)
5. The Last Guardian
6. Ni-Oh
7. TMNT (by Platinum Games)
8. Horizon: Zero Dawn
9. Star Fox Zero
10. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Edit: I forgot about that recently leaked new TMNT game by Platinum Games so this changed my top 10 for those paying attention.

Quite tough to condense this to a top 10 list, so what I did was pick the 10 games that I am quite certain about that I'll enjoy them (as opposed to games I'm simply very curious about in terms of what they'll turn out to be). With that in mind, here are the others I'm looking forward to in random order (and assuming we'll see them in 2016):

- Final Fantasy XV (this came real close to pushing Uncharted out of the top 10, but Uncharted won because it is more of a safe bet I guess).
- King of Fighters XIV (yes, really)
- Nier: Automata
- Persona 5
- Yooka-Layle
- Cuphead (would be in my top 10 if I had an Xbox One or capable PC)
- ReCore
- Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
- Ratchet & Clank
- Doom
- Rime (2016?)
- The Tomorrow Children
- Rising Thunder (is this due in 2016?)
- Hyper Light Drifter
- Phoenix Wright 6
- River City Ransom Underground
- Shakedown Hawaii (2016?)
- Project Setsuna (2016?)
- The Witness
- No Man's Sky
- Shenmue III (if 2016, which is doubtful)
- Bloodstained (if 2016, which is unclear)
- Gravity Rush Remaster
- Gravity Rush 2
- Star Ocean 5
- Below
- WiLD (if 2016, which is doubtful)
- Resident Evil 6 Remaster (if true)
- Resident Evil 2 Remake (if 2016, which is doubtful)

Finally, my (shrinking) list of IP's that I'd still (or again) like to see get a new game announcement in 2016:
- Mega Man
- Darkstalkers
- Castlevania
- Outrun (a spiritual successor was mentioned by Yu Suzuki as being planned)
- Windjammers
- Ganbare Goemon
- Double Dragon / Final Fight / Streets of Rage (i.e. street brawling beat 'm ups)
- Kid Icarus
- Metroid
- F-Zero
- Wave Race

vetrox

1. The Last Guardian
  2. The Witness
  3. Dark Souls 3
  4. No Mans Sky
  5. Nier Atomata
  6. Zelda Wii U
  7. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
  8. Homeworld
  9. Mass Effect:Andromeda
  10. Firewatch

Far too many follow ups to list. 2016 is going to be insane

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
1. Persona 5
2. Final Fantasy XV
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
4. The Last Guardian
5. Dark Souls 3
6. Uncharted 4
7. Zelda WiiU
8. No Mans Sky
9. Star Ocean 6
10. Ni No Kuni II

1. System Shock 3: Setting myself up for disappointment? Definitely
2. Quantum Break: In Remedy I trust
3. Crackdown 3: Sorely disappointed by Crackdown 2, hope this is back to form.
4. Dishonored 2: Loved Arkane's initial game, expecting big things from this
5. Gears of War 4: Have a funny feeling this will be REALLY great
6. Halo Wars 2: Spirit of Fire Redux!
7. Inside: Loved me some Limbo
8. Below: Just looks really interesting
9. Recore: Very interested to see how this pans out
10.Underworld Ascendant: My first kickstarter!

crash-14

1. Uncharted 4 : 4 points
2. Street Fighter V : 3 points
3. Mirror's Edge Catalyst: 3 points
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn : 2 points
5. Gravity Rush 2: 2 points
6. NieR: Automata : 2 points
7. The Last Guardian : 1 point
8. Overwatch: 1 point
9. Persona 5 : 1 point
10. Valkyria: Azure Revolution: 1 point

Jisgsaw

1. Persona 5 : It'll finally come this year... for sure...
I'm in Europe, so I think it'll again be my top pick for most anticipated 2017 game.
2. Nier Automata : Nier is one of my favorite games ever; however, the reasons why it is so will probably mean the sequel will disappoint me, but W&S.
3. Stellaris : I only discovered Paradox games that year, but a space Paradox game sounds like a dream come true.
4. Star Ocean V
5. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
6. Valkyria: Azure Revolution
7. New Danganronpa V3: Minna no Koroshiai Shingakki
8. South Park: The Fractured but Whole
9. XCOM 2
10. SMT IV Final

If there are no reports to 2017, 2016 is shaping up to be one of the best gaming years ever.

Almost as tough as top 10 GOAT list. I doubt most of these games will release in 2016, but here goes.

s4MCC2h.jpg

Honorable Mentions:
Ni-Oh | Street Fighter V | Ratchet & Clank | Gravity Rush 2 | NieR: Automata | Dark Souls III | Danganronpa V3 | Gears of War 4 | Quantum Break | Cuphead | No Man's Sky | Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

You still need to write out your list, dude. He's probably going to use a parser to collect the results and it's not going to read your image.

1) No Man's Sky : Can't wait. The reception should be very interesting, at least. Also, I really want to try it.
2) The Last Guardian : Will likely pick up a PS4 for it.
3) Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord : Love the other ones, excited to see what they ship
4) Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arison (PC) : Always wanted to try this, but never picked it up
5) Torment: Tides of Numenara : More RPGs, yo! Neat setting.
6) Divinity: Original Sin 2 : I mean, the first one was insane.
7) Pokemon GO : Sounds super weird. Interested.
8) The Witness : General curiosity.
9) Star Citizen : I hope this comes out; I really want to see if it's any good.

1. Dark Souls III - Didn't care for Demon's Souls or Dark Souls at all, but Bloodborne brought me on-board HARD. Most anticipated game of 2016.
2. Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue : Controversial pick, but I know what to expect from DDD and I can't wait to see what happens with Aqua, plus any more hints that lead into Kingdom Hearts 3.
3. Final Fantasy XV : The demo turned me off to the combat, but I need to see how the legacy of this game comes to an end
4. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : Although the campaigns for Uncharted games are shorter that I care for, they are always a blast to play. Plus I snagged an early 2015 Amazon preorder for $45, so I can't complain!
5. Persona 5 : I have confidence that there will be little to complain about with this game, if P4G is anything to go by. I haven't completed P4G yet, though, so I don't need P5 right this second.
6. Mass Effect: Andromeda : I hope that the team are going to take lessons learned from the original trilogy and aim for something amazing
7. No Man's Sky : This looks fantastic, but I'm afraid that it will cave beneath its own programming
8. Horizon Zero Dawn : I want to be into this game, the E3 trailer was incredible, but until I see more I'm keeping my expectations in check
9. Tom Clancy's The Division : There is potential here for an awesome game that is right up my alley, but Ubisoft's track record hasn't been the greatest
10. The Last Guardian : Looks to be more Ico than SotC, which isn't what I wanted, but I'm curious to see how this game turns out regardless

Honorable Mention - New Danganronpa V3: Minna no Koroshiai Shingakki : I havent beat Danganronpa 2 or the other side stories yet, so I don't need V3 right away.

KZObsessed

Only ten?

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Uncharted 4
4. The Last Guardian
5. Dark Souls III
6. Dragon Quest XI
7. Persona 5
8. World of Final Fantasy
9. No Man's Sky
10. Nier: Automata

---------------------------
xx: Dissidia Final Fantasy
xx: Dragon Quest Builders
xx: Dragon Quest Heroes II
xx: Valkyria Revolution
xx: Ni No Kuni 2
xx: Gravity Rush 2

And probably a couple dozen others...

Kiro

1. Fire Emblem Fates
2. Zelda Wii U
3. Uncharted 4
4. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. Persona 5
6. Overwatch
7. Ratchet and Clank
8. Final Fantasy XV
9. Kingdom Hearts 3
10. Resident Evil 0 HD

I've never even played a Persona game and you all have got me that hyped for it. Don't let me down gaf.

1. Uncharted 4 - PlayStation 4 powah

2. Gran Turismo Sport - best demo eva

3. Horizon Zero Dawn - <3 GG (please make a new KILLZONE)

4. Gears of War 4 - Xbox One powah

5. No Mans Sky - I believe...

6. NBA 2K17 - best there is best there was

7. Quantum Break - they made Max Payne, nuff said

8. Ratchet & Clank - the best platformer for current gen?

9. Tekken 7 - everybody loves tekken

10. FIFA 17 - lost my hope for PES

1er tigre

1. Horizon Zero Dawn
2. Uncharted 4
3. Dark Souls 3
4. Gran Turismo Sport
5. Final Fantasy XV
6. Ni-Oh
7. Gravity Rush 2
8. Valkyria Azure Revolution
9. Nier Automata
10. Tales of Berseria

1. Gravity Rush 2
2. Mighty No.9
3. Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator
4. Blazblue Central Fiction
5. Kingdom Hearts 2.8
6. The Division
7. Ni-Oh
8. Persona 5
9. Fire Emblem Fates
10. Re-Core

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda: The only game I truly care about next year, I love this franchise.
2. Gears of War 4: Hope it has all the polish and content Gears of War 3 provided.
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: Human Revolution was an amazing game.
4. Halo Wars 2: The first game worked really well on console, I hope it gets the treatment it deserves.
5. South Park: The Fractured but Whole: The Stick of Truth was a surprise classic, and I love southpark.
6. Quantum Break: The tech and visuals for this game look stunning.
7. Sea of Thieves: Optimistic to see what Rare makes for the first time in ages.
8. Scalebound: People put a lot of trust in Platinum Games so I trust that this will be good.
9. ReCore: We don't know much but the style they're going for seems cool.
10. Total Warhammer: I love the Total War games but I prefer the 40k universe over the fantasy one. Still, should be fun.

Ark

1. The Witness
2. Uncharted 4
3. Dark Souls 3
4. No Man's Sky
5. Firewatch
6. Ratchet & Clank
7. Total War: Warhammer
8. Yooka-Laylee
9. The Last Guardian
10. The Banner Saga 2

Fredrik

1. Zelda
A new Zelda simply beats everything in my opinion and this one looks awesome on WiiU and might even release on NX too if the rumors are true. Unbeatable in a list like this.

2. No Man's Sky
Mind-blowingly big and open-world (or open-universe) gameplay with depth like nothing else. I won't just play this game, I'll live it. :)

3. Quantum Break
One of Xbox One's first truly new and interesting exclusive looks crazy good and will probably have a great story too, can't wait to get to play it.

4. Uncharted 4
Can't get enough of Uncharted and 4 looks amazing. So sad to see the serie end after this, I'd honestly rather see ND continue with Uncharted than force out a sequel to The Last of Us which already have the perfect ending.

5. Horizon Zero Dawn
Looks incredible! And it's GG's second gen PS4 title, it's going to be awesome and it'll be very interesting to see GG's take on the action RPG genre too.

6. Mass Effect Andromeda
Sad to see the old characters go but it's still Mass Effect, a continuation of the best gaming trilogy ever.

7. Scalebound
Kamiya's personal dream game, action, RPG, dragons, it might not sell but we all know it will blow us all away in gameplay.

8. Recore
Looks really interesting as a concept and with key people from Metroid Prime and Keiji Inafune it can't really fail.

9. Matterfall
Resogun, that's all that needs to be said. I'll buy anything the team behind Resogun touch.

10. Tekken 7
A new console Tekken is always something I get excited about, and with the PS4 launch long gone the team won't have to stress it like they usually do, it's going to be awesome.

upselo

Neo Member
1. Dishonored 2
2. Uncharted 4: A thief's End
3. The Last Guardian
4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
5. Yakuza 0
7. Horizon: Zero Dawn
8. The Division
9. XCOM 2
10. Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter

1. Uncharted 4
3. Street Fighter V
4. Persona 5
5. The Last Guardian
6. Yakuza 0
7. Star Ocean 5
8. The Witness
9. Gravity Rush Remastered
10. Final Fantasy XV

Lemonte

1. The last Guardia
2. No man's sky
3. Horizon zero dawn
4. Rime
5. Zelda U
6. World of warcraft: Legion
7. Quantum Break
8. Trackmania 2 lagoon / trackmania turbo
9. Uncharted 4
10. Gran Turismo Sport

Foddzy

Neo Member
1. The Witness : Jonathan Blow made an amazing thought provoking game in Braid, he seems like an amazing designer, can't wait to see what else he does. The Witness screenshots I've seen have me drooling: a mysterious island puzzle exploration, it seems incredibly interesting.

2. Dark Souls III : Hidetaka Miyazaki is reportedly fully in control of this, that alone makes it worth keeping an eye on. I haven't played Demon's/Dark games but they are clearly amazing. I want to record a series playthrough of all of Miyazaki's games before release.

City 17

1. Torment: Tides of Numenera: What does one description matter?

2. Divinity: Original Sin 2: Swen can sell me almost anything. The way the community kinda pushed them and Chris to work together was like a dream.

3. The Legend of Zelda: I don't own a Wii U yet, still hoping & waiting for NX announcement.

4. Dark Souls 3: More Souls, probably for the last time. So it'll be extra special.

5. Syberia 3: It's been a long time... We found the Mammoths, I wonder what's next.

6. The Witness: Another solid puzzle by JB. It's been a while but hopefully worth the wait.

7. Firewatch: Love the setting, the narration, the suspense... just love it.

8. Quantum Break: There's something special about Remedy's games. Still I don't own the console but according to Sam Lake a port is possible.

9. Hitman: Liked what I've seen so far, if it turns out to offer anything like Blood Money, I'd be all over it.

10. Star Citizen

1: Persona 5 - P3 and P4 are two of my favorite RPG's doing dk much to elevate the medium for me. P5 looks to continue the trend.

2: Dark Souls III - DS 1 was one of my favorite from last gen and was much as I loved Bloodborne I like the lore of DS more. With Miyazaki heading I can't wait.

3: Ni No Kuni 2 - Whilethe first had flaws it had been a long time since an RPG kept me playing from beginning to end without stopping. Can't wait to see what's next.

4: Yakuza 0 - Having just got into the series and falling madly in love with it, I can't wait for more. Enjoy what I played of the JPN demo.

5: Digimon Cyber Sleuth - Crazy I know but I've always loved Digimon and always wanted a solid RPG experience like this with the franchise. Loved what I played of the JPN version and can't wait to experience it in English.

6: Zero Escape 3 - Yeah so excited that I can't remember the name but I am excited to see morw from these characters.

7: Street Fighter V - Lover what I've played from the beta, it's everything I wish 4 was and can't wait to start racking up MY FIGHT MONEY!

8: FFXV - Time to redeem the franchise after the joke that was the XIII trilogy. The potential is there but my gut is telling me no. So fingers crossed and all of that.

9: Horizon Zero Dawn - Let's get some more good new IP's out this generation shall we?

10: Zelda Wii U - the promise of an open world Zelda is exciting but I dont know if I'll be getting the NX version instead.

Couldn't remember if they had a solid release date yet.

Pikmin 4
The Last Guardian

My top 5:

5. Final Fantasy XV
4. No Man's Sky
3. Persona 5
2. The Last Guardian
1. Zelda Wii U

Honorable mentions: Star Fox Zero, Uncharted 4, Horizon: Zero Dawn

1. Dark Souls 3
3. Ni-Oh
4. Total War: Warhammer
5. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
6. Kingdom Come Deliverance
7. Ni No Kuni 2
8. Dishonored 2
9. Hitman
10. Star Citizen (squadron 42, star marine, and other possible releases)

robotnik

1. Persona 5
2. Dark Souls 3
3. Zero Escape 3
4. Star Ocean 5
5. Final Fantasy XV
6. Ni-Oh
7. Stranger of Sword City (western release)
8. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
9. Ray Gigant (western release)
10. Nights of Azure (western release)

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U : I've really enjoyed every 3D Zelda game and I love what's been shown so far.
2. Final Fantasy XV : I really enjoyed Episode Duscae and there seems to have been notable improvements since then, though I'm worried about the quality of the story and the localization.
3. Persona 5 : I put 20 hours into Persona 3 and enjoyed it but it didn't completely click with me. I'm loving this game's vibe from all of its trailers, though.
4. The Last Guardian : The game seems to have a lot of interesting concepts, and I'm curious about how the final product will turn out.
5. Dark Souls III : I love Miyazaki's Souls games but the main reason this isn't higher is that I still need to play The Old Hunters and Dark Souls II.
6. Nier: Automata : I've heard great things about the first game's story and the gameplay looks really promising with Platinum at the helm.
7. Horizon Zero Dawn : The reveal surprised me quite a bit and I want to know more details about the game.
8. Ni-Oh : Not much has been shown but I like what I'm seeing so far. It has a lot of promise.
9. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness : I've never played a Star Ocean game but this might scratch my Tales itch next year.
10. Ratchet & Clank : I played the first half of the original but never finished it and this looks to be a massive improvement.

1. Persona 5 - This is my most highly anticipated game since at least 2010 (when Red Dead Redemption came out).
2. Yakuza 0
3. Nier Automata
4. Final Fantasy XV
5. No Man's Sky
6. The Witness
7. Mass Effect Andromeda
8. Firewatch
9. Danganronpa 3
10. Shin Megani Tensei IV Final

AmorFati

Neo Member
1. Mass Effect: Andromeda
2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
3. Hyper Light Drifter
4. The Witness
5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
6. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
7. The Last Guardian
8. No Man's Sky
9. Street Fighter V
10. Firewatch

FirLocke

My top 10 (i.e my day one purchases)

1. Persona 5: It's been number 1 for a while now, but if I could have every other game I'm mentioning in this post or Persona 5, I would choose Persona 5. That's the excitement here.

2. Street Fighter V: Silly me I thought this was out! Guess it goes to show how much I enjoyed the betas. I've watched Street Fighter IV for years now, but always found the SF4 series a bit too steep a mountain to climb myself. About time to get into the series proper with SFV. Rise up!

3. Nier Automata: I loved everything about Nier, but its gameplay did leave some to be desired for sure. Good thing Platinum's on the job this time! It'll be like going from a car with square wheels to a goddamn Ferrari.

4. Fire Emblem Fates: Huge fan of Fire Emblem. I enjoyed Awakening but it very much had its flaws and disappointments gameplay wise, good thing it had great presentation, characters and writing and saved the series to boot. Fates looks to be much better! (Also yay Corrin for Smash :p)

5. Final Fantasy XV: Been looking forward to this one for a while now too! It's awesome to finally have it within reach. Loved Episode Duscae and have faith that XV will be a great game. Gimme gimme!

6. Genei Ibun Roku #FE: I've loved all the new stuff Atlus has done in recent years; Catherine, Radiant Historia, all the Persona spin offs and this looks like another fantastic one. Bring on the Pop JRPG SENSATION? Yes please Atlus, you crazy trolls.

7. Zelda U: I've always loved the idea of Zelda, but I've always found it difficult to get into them. I've only managed to finish Twilight Princess out of the 5 or 6 that I've played. So I'm excited to hear that this one shakes up the formula!

8. Horizon Zero Dawn: Exciting new blood? Absolutely. Love everything that I've seen of this one so far. Would probably be higher up the list if they had shown more than they have so far, but hey, they already have me.

9. Uncharted 4: Love pretty much all of Naughty Dog's games, and this one will be no different. Gonna be a great ride and a fantastic end.

10. World of Final Fantasy: I'm interested in the kid friendly direction they're going with this one, but aside from that I love me some nice production value JRPGs, especially ones with Final Fantasy in the title.

Runners up (i.e wait till reception or price cut) - Overwatch, Paragon, Ratchet & Clank, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Valkyria Chronicles HD, Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, King of Fighters XIV, Bravely Second, Trails of Cold Steel (EU), Yokai Watch (also EU), Hyrule Warriors Legends, Danganronpa 3, Tekken 7, Pokken, Digimon Cyber Sleuth, Odin Sphere HD, Project X Zone 2, The Last Guardian and PSVR & its games in general. Would've included games like Valkyria Azure and Ni No Kuni 2, but I don't think they'll be making 2016. It's packed enough without them anyway! :p

Indie spotlight - Hollow Knight, Severed, Heart Forth Alicia, Darkest Dungeon, Hyper Light Drifter, The Witness, Wanderer

- Edit - Forgot SFV wasn't out, put into list which knocked off R&C.

squidyj

1. The Division - All the impressions from people playing this have been incredibly positive. I'm hoping this will be everything I wanted from Destiny and more.
2. Uncharted 4 - More Uncharted! On PS4!
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn - Looks great graphically and like a lot of fun to play, robot dinosaurs in the past-future.
4. The Last Guardian - been hyped since the very first trailer, finally it is coming
5. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst - Parkour, I loved my time running around in the first Mirror's Edge, it's got a great core concept for a cool science fiction narrative and the gameplay is fun and innovative.
6. Dark Souls 3 - It is the third Dark Souls game, I like Dark Souls games.

1. Homeworld - Deserts of Kharak: Don't know what to expect really but I'll have Homeworld remastered and this game to keep me busy in January.

2. XCOM 2

3. Street Fighter 5

4. Persona 5

Olengie

1. Persona 5
2. Genei Ibun Roku #FE
3. Fire Emblem Fates
4. Nier Automata
5. Zelda U
6. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
7. Valkyria: Azure Revolution
8. FF XV