• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF, welcome to .webm - the FUTURE (of burning out your CPU)

Jigolo

WARNING: CPU USAGE is said to be very high (with autoplay on). my CPU was constantly in the 90's% (with autoplay on)

Save bandwidth, more colors, superior IQ, 60 FPS, insanely fast loading. Evilore, pls (seriously). Hopefully this stuff can get embed within NeoGAF. Imagine this stuff for gaming. GIFs should be in the past now.
HOW TO (Windows): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=107330048&postcount=1471
EDITS:
- I updated the script to v0.3 which adds a VP8 and VP9 codec toggle!
- Now we have 0.3.1 which fixes the CRF description, thanks to Havel for pointing this out :)
- Added instructions for making a SendTo shortcut in Windows XP
- Added a .gif to WebM conversion script

UPDATE#3:

UPDATE#2: Firefox in this
WebM for NeoGAF Firefox Addon 0.5 - Now with Hover to play and option to hide the controls

WARNING: When autoplay, controls and hover to play are disabled, you won't be able to start the video!
untitledpis3x.png

UPDATE #1: BASED ANDREX. Our very own Andrex has creating a Chrome Extension that plays them automatically like GIFs. the amount of stuff that will load on this page might be overwhelming.
(Newer version)
WebM for NeoGAF (Chrome) 1.5

- Now works with posts added by D4Danger's Live Reload extension (version 2.1+ required, which he's uploading now, so sit tight!)

- Added toggle for video controls
- Added toggle looping
- Added toggle for auto-playing audio
- Added default volume controls
- Click-to-play option now also has click-to-pause[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Andrex!

You can also upload WebM to Gfycat, just FYI.

Here's some Titanfall.

EDIT: Seems to have resized mine, though. Weird.

Here's the full size version I uploaded to /v/.

Assassin Creed: Unity

http://a.pomf.se/vaapsb.webm
My second webGIF.

My mind has been blown

4chan threads (and the images uploaded to them) get purged pretty rapidly, so I would recommend against linking to images hosted there (the i.4cdn domain)

Storm360

Fuck.

This is amazing, this is the first time I've actually argued that a "gif replacement" would be beneficial

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's like a premium .gif

Top Bottom