• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's 2017 Update: GAF Gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, NeoGAF you think?

Yeah, in fairness, we're just about bedridden in hospice care on this heavily modified vb3 architecture from 2004, flashing forward to the nigh-unrecognizable dystopian scifi of 2017 by contrast. Very few items on my current NeoGAF to-do list for intended features and improvements can plausibly be implemented on our legacy platform. So, with that in mind, I'll mention:

NeoGAF's 2017 Update includes migration over to a modern, versatile forum architecture (identity and familiarity intact); many oft-requested features and refinements; enhanced security and stability; more flexible, rigorous, and easier-to-understand registration options; powerful search tools; and I suppose a modestly priced ad-free Gold option so that ad-free users have a legitimate, equitable, guilt-free browsing option that helps ensure NeoGAF's sustainable future.

Q1ish.

Zk66ZNz.gif

Now the scrubs can finally join us in the glory that is GAF Gold!

Mortemis

Banned
Fuck, they're going public with gaf gold now? I don't feel so special anymore.

Shit posting gonna increase 1000% in the gold forum. :(

kami_sama

Gaf gold had to happen. And I'll gladly pay for it. This forum has been home for my gaming discussions for a long time, and while there's ads, I think that is a better option.

As long as my platinum GAF remains at the same price I am ok with opening gold to everyone

Good job they're not making NeoGAF Platinum available to others. I'd feel awful if I knew they let more people in.

so i guess i'm the only one who is going to honor the blood pact by not spilling the beans

*sigh* i guess it's come to this *loads gun*
Please tell me they never open the floodgates on NeoGAF Diamond

If they take away our right to edit Platinum and lower's posts, I might actually riot

Syf

Banned
Really though if that happened I'd be fine paying for it, love the site and would be good to give a little back in a way that doesn't involve viewing ads.

Skux

Speaking seriously though, what useful features could GAF Gold/Diamond/Platinum/Titanium have?

It'd be great to show that you're a supporter with something like a coloured border, a badge underneath your avatar, or a bigger avatar. But in terms of functionality I don't know how it could be any different.

Priority bandwidth allocation during E3? lol

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Please be excited. Don't worry, EviLore will let folks know if/when there's something more concrete to talk about. In the meantime, there's always the Konami code.

i don't see why they don't do it, lots of rubes give away their money for no reason these days, whether it's kickstarter, patreon, twitch, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom