• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf's first NeoCosplay Thread. Muahahaha

Ferrio

Banned
It's Mature!
cosplay.JPG

Leona!
cosplay2.JPG

Leon was always a prettyboy...girl..whatever
cosplay3.jpg

FF6 Terra
cosplay4.jpg

More FF6
cosplay5.jpg

This picture confuses me!
cosplay6.jpg

Baiken, Tatami lockdown ftw
cosplay7.jpg

Kingdom hearts
cosplay8.jpg

Holy shit balls, Suikoden 3 cosplay!
cosplay9.jpg

So rare, let's see it again
cosplay10.jpg

Mature....but showing more skin this time
cosplay11.jpg

FFXII cosplay
cosplay12.jpg

Same girl as above, did some awesome pictures. Sakura
cosplay13.jpg

Here she is again as Athena
cosplay14.jpg

Itachi
cosplay15.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
All the same person, good stuff though.

Holy hell, Valkyrie Profile Cosplay. Freya!
cosplay16.jpg

Again
cosplay17.jpg

Grandia, wow.
cosplay18.jpg

Dragon Quest 8
cosplay19.jpg

Tsunade
cosplay20.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
Wow found some nice ones, though right now I really need to go to japan and smack all these girls who can't make webpages over there, god navigating through japanese women's webpages is torture.

CALLING OUT TTOB!!
cosplay21.jpg

MORE POISON
cosplay22.jpg

This is advance wars right? Never played but I recognize someone's avatar
cosplay23.jpg

IBUKI!
cosplay24.jpg

More!
cosplay25.jpg

ASS!
cosplay26.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
mgs28xp.jpg

That is all kinds of awesome. They did an awesome job.

mgs51eu.jpg

:lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yea, the Suikoden 3 ones are faptastic.

Pimpbaa

No pics of fat chicks dressing up as characters they should never ever dress up as? You disappoint me NeoGaf.

Thread approval +1. I really need to go to one of these events... although I'm sure that these (superb) pictures equate to only 0.1% of the attendees.

ghibli99

The Sasuke one way up above that Calidor posted is very good! The Ibuki one is really nice, too. Still waiting for the hot Yuna X-2 one that gets posted every month or so. :D

Ferrio

Banned
Pheonix Wright?
cosplay32.jpg

Cammy
cosplay33.JPG

Cammy 2
cosplay34.JPG

Project Justice
cosplay35.JPG

Maki and Ibuki
cosplay36.jpg

Cool, Rumble Roses Cosplay. Too bad she didn't do her evil side...
cosplay37.JPG

Wait....holy shit
cosplay38.JPG

cosplay39.JPG

cosplay40.JPG

Pimpbaa

Archie said:
That doesn't look like the cosplay I'm familiar with.

ffcosplay7mn.jpg

I always get a kick out of that pic. But a question here. When you guys shows such pics, are you playing favorites and picking the worst out of the US cosplay and the best out of the Japanese? Or are US cosplayers just that lazy when making their costumes (and not using common sense to know they can't dress the roll like "black" Barret or fat Tifa)? Or do they hire professionals in Japan to make the costumes and get models to wear them?

Crocodile

It's always a bit weird seeing Japanese, or other Asain ethnicites, dressing as their favorite anime/video game characters when said characters often have a distinctly caucasion build/look. It often ends up looking weird even when it's obvious that the cosplayer put a lot of care + effort into their costume. That being said, this thread is filled with some awesome cosplay. Most of the people pictured here did a great job.

Pimpbaa said:
Or are US cosplayers just that lazy when making their costumes (and not using common sense to know they can't dress the roll like "black" Barret or fat Tifa)?

There are some good US cosplayers where the costumes are high quality, like this Rikku

rikku6tz.jpg

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Pimpbaa said:
Or are US cosplayers just that lazy when making their costumes (and not using common sense to know they can't dress the roll like "black" Barret or fat Tifa)?
There are some decent American cosplayers. Like this link.

wx9o09690tq.jpg

But that seems to be the exception rather than the rule

Dr.Hadji

Holy heck, the Rock Lee and Yorichi cosplay rock. Rock Lee in particular is doing the exact same pose as one of the manga covers.

M3wThr33

Banned
Seeing the Japanese cosplay puts America to shame.

Fat chicks are not Naruto or Inuyasha. I've never watched either show, but I believe the characters shouldn't be portrayed by fatties. Sadly it seems the fanbase over here is only compromised of fatties.

This thread actually gives cosplay a good name. Some of these costumes are jaw-droppingly amazing, and the people in them look fairly similar to the 'real' characters, for the most part. Very nice.

Top Bottom