• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGFY (automatically replace animated GIFs with bandwidth saving video)

rObit

Banned
Q0SOSeb.gif

This image is both a test and my reaction to this extension. Thank you OP!

Seems to be significant downgrade in the video's quality while viewing it on the forum vs opening the video in a new tab. Obviously the top image is larger and therefore will look worse, but this seems like the difference between HD and SD.

NuJHMSR.png

Dazza

Thankyou Popstar, this is a awesome extension.

Pity it won't work for IOS, GAF can be really tough on my 4G cap.

Mafro

Thanks for this. Really bugs me when people post tons of huge gifs that are then quoted again and again.

Coreda

Yeah it's awful. Can't even do it with an about:config value anymore.

You can if you use the Developer version. However things are more prone to breaking randomly (though it's not too bad, just the odd bug once every so often). I switched to it a while ago as I needed some unmaintained addons to function.

Oh yeah, and much cooler icons:

WkFkMSM.png

jediyoshi

Excellent work OP. Was hoping this extension would be made someday, one of the only reasons I have RES installed.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Thanks for making this!

Bumping this thread to give awareness to day people in the Western Hemisphere.

Rootbeer

Banned
if only this would work on ios because that is where it is sorely needed. Not so much on my laptop. Excellent work of course.

Afrocious

This is awesome. Could you walk me through your code to explain how you got this working? I know javascript but I've never messed with browser extensions before.

Afrocious

This is great code too btw. Good notes and with the console window open on neogaf I can see exactly what's going on.

Good job man.

Top Bottom