• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Acquires The Monty Python Catalog

bitbydeath

No word on how much it cost.

According to the official Python website, the deal includes the films “Life of Brian,” “The Holy Grail,” “The Meaning of Live,” the entire run of the “Flying Circus” TV series, live shows including “Almost the Truth,” “Conquers America,” “Best Bits (Mostly)”, “The Meaning of Monty Python,” “Personal Best,” “Fliegender Zirkus,” the 2014 “Monty Python Live (Mostly),” and Eric Idle’s “What About Dick?” special.

Netflix is also reportedly considering a number of original commissions featuring members of the group which featured the likes of John Cleese, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, Graham Chapman, Michael Palin and Terry Gilliam.

The catalog will be available on Netflix U.K, Canada and several other territories from April 15th and on Netflix U.S. later in the year.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/netflix-acquires-the-monty-python-catalog/

Unfortunately, these will not be coming to the UK, where potentially comedy results is a crime. The punishment is humorless men in kilts making your girlfriend testify against you.

Joking aside, I'll have something else to binge now, considering I've gone through most of the stuff that interested me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom