• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Announces Castlevania series for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReyVGM

If they design the characters with the crappy modern american animation with squared jaws or sharp corners, I will lose my shit.

RRockman

Banned
b3be992e000f6dbe35d7c86eb147be81db099df0503f6ea89faf60086e992787.jpg

I think if done right a live action Castlevania could be really cool. Maybe someday...

I can settle with it being animated, hopefully it will turn out well.

13ruce

Banned
I think if done right a live action Castlevania could be really cool. Maybe someday...

I can settle with it being animated, hopefully it will turn out well.

A Van Helsing style serie could work, that movie was like a Castlevania movie to me.

So a live action serie can certainly work.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
When I see "satirical" I hear "we are gonna somehow cram Trump jokes into this and they will both suck and feel terribly out of place."

Optimism minus 10%

More like pessimism +10%.

If this is a cartoon/anime, I'd expect it to be pretty mediocre for what 33-year-old me wants from a Castlevania cartoon. I'd check it out if it's live-action though. Might be like Penny Dreadful with more fight scenes.

Amagon

That dude is the reason power rangers got a reboot. He produces great "adult"versions of iconic characters. His James Bond is also really good. Dude is weird but good. Forgot he produced Dredd too.
Oh shit, this is the same dude that produced Dredd. I'm in.

RPGCrazied

So, is it animated or live action?

I really hope Nintendo can start doing this with their ip's like Metroid and Zelda.

TreIII

...how interesting.

Of course, without IGA, I wonder what kind of direction this type of show would even go.

Foffy

Banned
...how interesting.

Of course, without IGA, I wonder what kind of direction this type of show would even go.

If this is indeed the same Warren Ellis affiliated project from over a decade ago, IGA was supervisor to the themes and ideas, and gave it his blessing.

Animated? Ugh.

Hard pass.

A live-action attempt at something like Castlevania would likely be horrible unless it had an absolutely enormous budget. Otherwise they'd probably set it modern-day and have all of the monsters in disguise as humans.

On the other hand, if they can get an animated show with the writing and production levels of Voltron I would be head over heels happy with that!

How lenient are Netflix when it comes to margins on licenced properties? Or should the question rather be straight, is Konami making much out of this for them to even consider future projects like this from their IP's?

Rymuth

This can only end well.

At the very least, the GAF OT will be amazing.

Netflix Castlevania |OT| Erotic Violence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom