• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix announces new Devil May Cry anime

Dacon

Banned
https://comicbook.com/anime/2018/11/16/devil-may-cry-netflix-adi-shankar/

Over on Instagram, Shankar got fans buzzing awhile back after he said he was “working with an iconic Japanese gaming company to adapt one of their iconic video game series into a series.” The producer was not able to say anything about the title specifically, but fans know the title in question now. Yesterday, Shankar continued his tease and let fans know that today's announcement was imminent. Taking to Twitter, the producer told followers to keep a close eye on his social channels as a massive reveal would be dropping in the afternoon.

For those curious about this new anime, IGN did learn Devil May Cry will tie into Castlevania. There is no word on how the connection will work, but Shankar told the site the anime series will be part of “what we’re now calling the bootleg multiverse.”

The producer also told IGN that he wanted the Devil May Cry rights so he could do the franchise justice.

acquired these [Devil May Cry] rights myself so the jabronis in Hollywood don’t f—k this one up too,” Shankar explained.

Lock if old.

At least the characters wont be bad reproductions of the likenesses of real people I guess? Castlevania connection is weird.

Last edited:

Griffon

What the... the Netflix DMC and Castlevania universes becoming one and the same?! That's craziness. I love it!

Dante and Julius team-up against Dracula in 1999. Do it!

Dacon

Banned
What the... the Netflix DMC and Castlevania universes becoming one and the same?! That's craziness. I love it!

Dante and Julius team-up against Dracula in 1999. Do it!

Dante vs the majority of villains in Castlevania outside of a full power Dracula and Death is super unfair. Even against Dracula alone Dante is still probably too much.

RPGCrazied

Nice. I hope Nintendo and Netflix can strike a deal. I'd love to see a Zelda show, Metroid too. I'd perfer them animated in the castlevania style.

I hope they won't secure any deal with Nintendo, considering their handling of the Castlevania story.

They seriously tried to downplay Dracula's villainy just because the reddit brand of fedora atheist manifesto was more important than adapting it properly. Good grief. Even Lament of Innocence does the corrupt church plot much better than anything this series ever attempted. The writing felt like filling a bingo card than any remote faithfulness to the source material, but that's on par the course for Netflix.

Last edited:
LOOKS LIKE THIS PARTY'S GETTING CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!
Its+happening+devil+may+cry+5+memes+its+happening_dd9e7b_6639017.jpg

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Soma Cruz starts crying at the reveal of him being & saying he is a monster, Dante approaches him putting his hand on his shoulder comforting him.

"Devils never cry."

It's so easy it writes itself.

Meesh

Nice. I hope Nintendo and Netflix can strike a deal. I'd love to see a Zelda show, Metroid too. I'd perfer them animated in the castlevania style.
I've got my Hope's on Zelda as well. And if ever Metroid is in the works, I imagine a dark, gritty, creepy show that leaves you a little hopeless...?... maybe a Zelda where we're tossed into young links adventures.

Top Bottom