• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix for the Wii U has got a complete overhaul - It's like a dream come true!

Blues1990

Basically, here's the spiel of what's been changed in the overhaul:

• You can now select/create profiles now!
  • User interface has been completely overhauled, and is much more responsive.
  • Television episodes now auto-play! Huzzah!
  • You can also resume from where you've left off.

I'm still looking to see what other changes have been made, but this is a great start!

Wait Netflix on Wii U got updated? I might actually start watching more on it now since I was getting tired of me and my sisters profiles getting mixed up.

Blues1990

Wait Netflix on Wii U got updated? I might actually start watching more on it now since I was getting tired of me and my sisters profiles getting mixed up.
Yeah, it was more of a silent update, and it seems to operate just like the other versions of the application.

Do you know in what regions the update has gone live so far?
As far as I can tell, the application has been updated in Canada & the United States, but I'm unsure if it's world-wide.

I haven't bothered to try out Netflix on the Wii U. Can you stream to the gamepad?
Yep, and it works just as you'd expect. I didn't notice any difference or lag latency, so it's all good.

Arttemis

Sweet! It's nice to know that the Netflix app is actually finally useable.

I might not be so upset about accidentally buying a second charging cradle for the Wii U, now. My gamepad streams perfectly to the master bedroom, which is located immediately above the living room where the Wii U is located. Using it in bed is as rock solid as using it on the couch, and now I'll be able to charge it up there, too!

OmegaX

Too bad the app is probably still region locked to the country you use for eShop so I can't use my Peruvian Netflix account.

Pokemaniac

So those Netflix Customer support people weren't lying to me. After how long the WIi U app went without any sort of feature update, I wasn't particularly convinced this was actually coming.

TI82

Banned
So now it's at the standard of Netflix on everything else?

Yep,

giphy.gif

Top Bottom