• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Hubie Halloween Trailer starring Adam Sandler

MetalAlien

Banned
Ha loved it. Man they must have spent half the budget on Halloween decorations. Every scene is jam packed and I noticed they even went in afterward will filled in more with CGI. Haven't seen a movie try that hard to nail the look since Trick Or Treat (2007). I'm going to have to watch this again just to take in all the decor. Makes me wish I could live in a town like that. The movie itself it standard Adam Sandler. All his out of work friends come together to get paid having fun in front of the camera. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This time it does.

Weiji

Banned
This was painfully shit. Never trusting gaf's opinion on anything again. Only reason to watch is to fap to Julie Bowen in cat ears. Turned it off 25 mins in.

Seriously, it was horrible. Sandler movies are a specific type of comedy and either they work or they don’t, this one doesn’t.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Adam Sandler should just stop making these things. He checked out from movie making years ago. What was the last "good" Happy Madison movie? Waterboy?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I saw this yesterday and it wasn’t bad if you have realistic expectations.

This is by far the most retarded character Adam Sandler has played though.

pesaddict

Banned
Only good film he done was reign over me that shit got me bawling.

Oh uncut gems as well

Last edited:

Neolombax

I'd watch it. I like his movies when I'm in the mood for dumb jokes. the only challenge is to convince the missus to watch it with me.

teezzy

Banned
This was painfully shit. Never trusting gaf's opinion on anything again. Only reason to watch is to fap to Julie Bowen in cat ears. Turned it off 25 mins in.

I'll take your word for it, even as someone who generally likes Sandler. I forgot this existed already

Dommel

I turned it off after the garden scene (and fart joke) with Buscemi.

Horrible drivel which is sad to see when you know Sandler can do so much better, Uncut Gems for example.

NahaNago

This movie was really boring and felt like he was barely even trying with this film. I think he needs crazier side characters to play along side.

teezzy

Banned
All I could think about is everyone in this town is picking on this clearly autistic man, and kevin james' awful hairpiece

They tried making another classic Sandler movie but hes aged out of it, and so did his audience it seems. Dude can do whatever he wants obviously, I just prefer him taking more interesting roles

He was dope in The Meyerowitz Stories, Reign on Me and Punch Drunk Love

I still need to watch Spanglish and Uncut Gems

I can tell he loves these zany characters and silly comedies but at his age he should be tackling more cerebral work. Guy is super talented overall. Even something like Big Daddy tier would be better than this weird Waterboy lite

That's a weird one for me.

I like Adam Sandler, and I really really like even his more stupid "I go on to a vacation to make a movie with my friends" efforts.
I wasn't fond of "Wrong Missy", but in the end I was entertained enough to say I didn't feel bad watching it.

But with "Hubie Halloween", I had to switch off after 15 minutes.
Oh my god, is this movie bad and the humor horrible.

Kev Kev

Adam Sandler should be an auto-nope from every mf on the planet

Can’t believe some of you in here even tried to watch it.

and you call yourself Gaffers...

Grinchy

Banned
I made it about 30 minutes in just out of sheer fascination. I hadn't seen a trailer or even heard of this movie until I saw this thread, so I was going in blind.

When he's masterfully dodging things people throw at him, catching the eggs into his thermos, shaking that up to drink it, then projectile puking it, it's all just confusing. It reminded me of that bad western spoof he did years back for Netflix where his character will just suddenly show some magical ability he has that never comes up again. So you never know what or who his character is.

And the thermos thing was weird too. It was just confusing to figure out it is some kind of magical thermos. I assume these things are revealed by the end since he's some descendent of some magical Salem family or some shit, but the way they introduced it is just part of what makes the movie fascinatingly bad. And then there's the disjointed "comedy" scenes like how for no reason Grandpa Liotta is razzing him at work and his coworker somehow puts himself inside a deli display case to scare him. It's completely insane.

Last edited:
And then there's the disjointed "comedy" scenes like how for no reason Grandpa Liotta is razzing him at work and his coworker somehow puts himself inside a deli display case to scare him. It's completely insane.
Yep, this is incredibly weird.

It's like when my 8 year old tells me jokes he invented himself a minute ago.

DrJohnGalt

Banned
Watched it, enjoyed it, but wouldn't call it good. The cameos and easter eggs made the movie but aside from a few chuckles it's not really memorable.

Top Bottom