• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix original shows are a crime against humanity

Like Hulu is any better

• Total voters
Yeah, most of the originals I've watched are meh. House of Cards ended up being one of the biggest wasted of time I could imagine. First season was fantastic, second was good and by the end I actually couldn't bring myself to finish the last season because it was so fuckin shitty.

Stranger things almost completely lost me with s2, but s3 was decent - i still think the show should've been structured like true detective with a different cast/story each season.

The Good Place seems ok, but it falls into one of my biggest pet peeves, every character has the same voice/cadence. It's like the writers don't even put effort into making something seem like it's actually coming from that character

mcjmetroid

What is wrong with you people. Seriously. Second time this week someone has made a thread like this. Netflix has some of the best shows out; if you arent finding them its because you watch shit and netflixs recomendations are based on the shity shit you watched in the past.

Drama
House of Cards *emmy nominee *golden globe nominee
Narcos *golden globe nominee
Stranger Things *emmy nominee *golden globe nominee
The OA
Ozark *emmy nominee
Mindhunter
godless *emmy nominee
altered carbon
lost in space
the haunting
black summer
when they see us *emmy nominee
unbelievable
dead to me
Dark
money heist
the society
you (not netflix original, but again nobody saw it until it was brought back by netflix)
bodyguard (not netflix original but nobody saw it without netflix) *golden globe nominee

Comedy
master of none *emmy nominee *golden globe nominee
love
the ranch
santa clarita
GLOW
friends from college
atypical
american vandal
on my block (insanely good and underated)
russian doll

Making a murderer

If you dont think any of those are great or at least good shows, you might as well quit watching tv. And these are just the ones I have seen, there are probably way more that are better that I havent seen.
Plus I'd like to add that Netflix make a lot of original shows.

If you want to watch the same shit different day then by all means get Disney + or watch all the rehash movies in the cinema.

Hating Netflix = hating what's popular because it's cool to.

TIMSTER_777

Narcos Mexico!

tumblr_pirl9jrdXI1rzrnw5o4_250.gifv

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Started Locke and Key. It's clearly aimed at a younger audience at times, but it's not bad.

I think it's got a few interesting and original ideas about magic, which is neat. Magic often follows the same tropes, and some of this is a bit new.

Sadly I didn't like the way 'Felix' went out without a bang. I know they are trying to keep it historical, but that ain't fun. His origins were nuanced and interesting. Then his entire empire topples because some guys walk away from a table.

In retrospect he was always right- A federation of cartels was far safer and more preferrable than many cartels vying for influence in an endless war that continues to this day. At least they covered that aspect at the very end. So at least Felix gets to say 'I told you so, 'yall stupid fucks, i could have prevented this shit'

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I canceled Netflix six months ago and don't feel like I have missed a damn thing.

Black Mirror was awesome until Netflix got their hooks in.
Season 3 (first one made by Netflix) wasn't awful, but it went downhill fast. The last season was truly terrible - a fantasy of someone working on the show wanting to bang a dude without anyone knowing, a boring hostage situation episode and an episode taken straight from Nickelodeon or some other kids tv network.

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
My wife got a month of netflix to watch some shit so I decided to give their new marky mark flick 'spenser confidential' a go. Jesus christ this is some low budget, low quality shit. The made for TV for a new generation.

jason10mm

Gold Member
My wife got a month of netflix to watch some shit so I decided to give their new marky mark flick 'spenser confidential' a go. Jesus christ this is some low budget, low quality shit. The made for TV for a new generation.

While Marky Mark definitely lowered my expectations on this one, it was directed by Peter Berg who normally does pretty good stuff (though he seems to be on a downhill slide). But it was mostlyt trash. Silly plot, 45-50 year old marky mark is a beat cop? Hawk has none of the swagger of the original, the whole thing is kinda a set up for the Spenser premise but never really gets there. At least they had a diverse cast of bad guys, not the usual white supremacists I was expecting. Still, it was at least a low-CGI adult movie of the type that isn't made much anymore, would watch more. I preferred 6 Underground which was just as pointless but was at least more entertaining. Dolemite is pretty good though. Freak is amazing as well.

I really really wish Netflix would bring back a rating system. It would help clear out so much trash.

Mhmmm 2077

I enjoy a lot of stuff from Netflix. Well, I don't watch as much as I used to, but if you produce *such amount* of original content, obviously some will be better and some will be worse. Other than forced "diversity and inclusion", I can't complain, really.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
They make good/great docs though.

Out of 10 new series/movies, 7 are trash, 2 are average and 1 is good.
Which is a pretty good hit rate considering they are aiming for such a broad market and producing so much stuff. Kingdom season 2 is knocking it out of the park for me right now.

Top Bottom