• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Bladenic

I rewatched Young Adult just because, and it's a great film. Extremely hard to watch, but still very good. Highly recommended.

Alex

What is a good anime series that is streaming that I probably haven't seen? Most anime I have seen is the extremely popular stuff....FMA, Bleach, Naruto, Blood+ ect.

Have you seen Samurai Champloo? It's very popular, but if you haven't, it's a pretty safe series to recommend. Its no Bebop (same director, I believe), but I enjoyed it.

Elfen Lied was popular for a bit, but I couldn't get into it, I like twisted stuff but it was way too pandering. Maybe you'll fare better.

Last Exile is on there too, a friend likes that, as well as several posters I've seen, but the kids drove me up the wall. I only gave it two episodes though, but I just spent most of my time being annoyed at the doe-eyed speeches or wondering why they had riflemen on airships just to shoot other riflemen when they turn around five seconds later and start blowing each other apart with giant cannons.

Talon

devil inside was .... okay. ending was lame.

i haven't watched many possession-y movies, but why is it that the possessed girls are always like ILL SUCK YOUR DICK PRIEST!!! or some sexual shit. it's not creepy or scary or anything. i'm always like "uhhhhh, okay....."
I don't know why, but I started laughing out loud when I read this.

Welcome to Korea Korner, here are your assignments:

[*]Castaway on the Moon (a quirky little love story, but worth your time)

I concur, this is a great movie. I'm not into Asian cinema that much but this is really good. I may have misted up at a time or two :b

Will Justified ever get added to Netflix? Deadwood is one of my favourite tv shows...

I've been waiting and waiting for this and Southland.

cluto

Haha, American Horror Story is so great. I don't even like horror stuff, but I burned through all of season one in a few days. It gets so crazy at times that I couldn't help but laugh at what's going on, but I would definitely recommend it. Though I think they should rename it Ghostfuckers.

Haha, American Horror Story is so great. I don't even like horror stuff, but I burned through all of season one in a few days. It gets so crazy at times that I couldn't help but laugh at what's going on, but I would definitely recommend it. Though I think they should rename it Ghostfuckers.

American Horror Story is pure schadenfreude delight. Although the 2nd season seems a bit less comical.

haikira

Welcome to Korea Korner, here are your assignments:

Most of those are dark thrillers with some touchy subjects, so keep that in mind. At the very least, you should watch the first three in that list. Other Korean films people might recommend are Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Lady Vengeance, and I'm a Cyborg but That's Ok. I personally did not care for any of those.

Having seen and loved everything in your list, with the exception of two I haven't seen. I'll definitely be interested in checking them out. Those two being, Going by the Book and Castaway on the Moon. Always looking for good Korean movie recommendations. Thanks.

Kajiba

I don't think I was ready to look at blue valentine.... That movie was so sad =(.

Acting in that movie was really good. Definetily a movie to look at.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I watched Luther last night, already hooked. But then I got sad only there are only 10 episodes.

I tried to watch Iron Sky last night...About midway through it I had to shut it off. It was so bad.

I think its one of those, 'its so bad, its good' films. Haven't seen it yet.

Cashback.

I picked up on this because of its premise.

So.....yeah.

Turns out to be the rarest of things, a romcom for men, very funny and sweet.
Well acted, intruiging, and a lovely memorable movie about how your 1st big breakup can really fuck with your head.
Oh and features some truly spectacular nudity.

Note, its a brit-flick, that isn't on UK Netflix :-(

I checked it out based on the premises as well, I was pleasantly surprised. Overall, a good film.

Ricker

I could of sworn I saw Iron Man II on Netflix but now its not available anymore???(maybe it's a Canada thing)...do they have time limits on stuff that stays and go on Netflix?...after watching Thor I wanted to complete my pre Avengers watch and see that one...guess I will have to rent it now.

Alphahawk

I could of sworn I saw Iron Man II on Netflix but now its not available anymore???(maybe it's a Canada thing)...do they have time limits on stuff that stays and go on Netflix?...after watching Thor I wanted to complete my pre Avengers watch and see that one...guess I will have to rent it now.

Yup, it's best to think of Netflix as a premium cable channel. Movies come and go on a monthly basis and if you don't watch it in time you're SOL.

RedAssedApe

Banned

Its not currently in the US either. Which is strange since it should be available through the Epix deal which is where they are getting Captain America and Thor as well.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Cashback.

So.....yeah.

Well acted, intruiging, and a lovely memorable movie about how your 1st big breakup can really fuck with your head.

I enjoyed this one as well. Actually one of the first movies I watched on Netflix when I first subscribed back when they just got on the Xbox.

cluto

Having seen and loved everything in your list, with the exception of two I haven't seen. I'll definitely be interested in checking them out. Those two being, Going by the Book and Castaway on the Moon. Always looking for good Korean movie recommendations. Thanks.

Those two are probably the least thriller-y on the list, so be sure to go in with a different mindset.

Also, Coldfish (while not Korean), is another really great crime thriller worth seeing.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Cashback.

So.....yeah.

I remember watching this movie when I first got netflix. It's so good puts me in a good mood every time I watch it too.

I'm still watching West Wing. Halfway done with Season 4. Sorkin leaves after S4, so I think I'll call it a day once I'm done there. It's a remarkably good television show. The Season 2 finale left me awestruck.

I also loved Karate Robo Kaborgar (Ultraman type antics with hilarious self-awareness and a bigger budget) and enjoyed Love (ambitious low-budget sci-fi). I've also been meaning to watch Mission Impossible 1 and 3, because I've already seen 2 and GP.

Looking for some newer futuristic sci-fi recommendations preferably with settings in a dirty, dystopian city (and not necessarily on Netflix either although its a plus).

Some examples of what I'm looking for: Blade Runner, Dredd, Total Recall, Fifth Element, Freejack, Escape from NY/LA

RedAssedApe

Banned
Looking for some newer futuristic sci-fi recommendations preferably with settings in a dirty, dystopian city (and not necessarily on Netflix either although its a plus).

Some examples of what I'm looking for: Blade Runner, Dredd, Total Recall, Fifth Element, Freejack, Escape from NY/LA

haven't watched it yet but someone posted earlier that Lookout is essentially Escape From NY/LA in space?

D23

its a pretty old movie and im sure most of u have seen it in school at one point, but October Sky is one of those feel-good movie!! loved it

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I'm still watching West Wing. Halfway done with Season 4. Sorkin leaves after S4, so I think I'll call it a day once I'm done there. It's a remarkably good television show. The Season 2 finale left me awestruck.

Stick with it. Show loses it's way a bit in season 5, but ends on a fitting note. Last half of season 6 and all of season 7 are fantastic in my book.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
V/H/S is a mixed bag. The first story and the last one are good-some of the others are...ok. And the one in the middle where people go out into the woods is god awful, amateur level shit.

Damn, V/H/S is great. Highly recommended if you want to be scared. Going to have nightmares tonight.

I watched it last night, and I thought it was a good. Not great, but good enough for a late night watch.

For anyone who might not know, VHS, is a collection of 5 short films, with a sort of subplot bringing it all together. Think something along the lines of Creepshow, just with VHS's. I agree with you MDavis, that woods one was stupid. I felt it was the weakest out of all of them. Along with the couple one.

Just a heads up for parents, almost every short has nudity. Lots of gore as well. The film is shot through (often at times) poorly focused handheld cameras. And lots of shaky cam. So if you hate that sort of stuff, skip this.

Not futuristic, but still a great dystopian film, District B13. The choreography in that movie is great. A movie I decided to watch one day, and it turned out to be a nice surprise.

abundant

I watched it last night, and I thought it was a good. Not great, but good enough for a late night watch.

For anyone who might not know, VHS, is a collection of 5 short films, with a sort of subplot bringing it all together. Think something along the lines of Creepshow, just with VHS's. I agree with you MDavis, that woods one was stupid. I felt it was the weakest out of all of them. Along with the couple one.

I agree too. Those two are by far the weakest out of the group. The couples one didn't even belong, because there was nothing supernatural about it, unlike the other ones

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I agree too. Those two are by far the weakest out of the group. The couples one didn't even belong, because there was nothing supernatural about it, unlike the other ones

Yup. It was over before it even began. It started off creepy/kinda interesting. Then went downhill fast. If you are going to watch VHS, skip over it. It isn't worth the 5 minutes.

I'm going to repost my recommendation from the other thread since it's now closed. Gaf watch headhunters

headhunters-dvd-cover-70.jpg

dekline

I've decided to watch Headhunters again tonight because it's an awesome movie.

Seriously its awesome. Add it to your queue and watch it when you get a chance.

fluffydelusions has the right idea

Stick with it. Show loses it's way a bit in season 5, but ends on a fitting note. Last half of season 6 and all of season 7 are fantastic in my book.

Hmm. The advice I've gotten for West Wing has been very split, so I'm not sure if I should continue. I think I'll call it quits for now and then try seasons 5-7 later when I have a craving. Thanks for your input.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
The Dogs of War - Christopher Walkins plays the same roll he always plays.

LIKE A FUCKING BOSS!!

Top Bottom