• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Removed from Wii U and 3DS eShops

Bullet Club

Netflix Service Discontinuation (Nintendo 3DS & Wii U)​

Applies to: New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, New Nintendo 2DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS, Wii U Deluxe, Wii U Basic

The Netflix app was removed from Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS Family systems on Dec 31st, 2020. They are no longer available for new users to download. It is possible for existing users to re-download these applications at this time. Service for both applications will be discontinued on June 30th, 2021. Thank you for your support of these applications over the years.

The end of an era. Netflix has been removed from the Wii U and 3DS eShops and the service will be discontinued this Summer.

LRKD

I was just looking to download Netflix/hulu last night on my Wii U believe it or not. Bummed to find only YouTube and Crunchyroll remain for video apps. Either going to have to watch only v-tubers, or figure out how streaming from pc using Plex or something.
Why the hell would anyone choose to watch Netflix on a 3DS or Wii U if they have a laptop, tablet or phone?

I have two tvs side by side, one a 4k Vizio, the other a Toshiba CRT tv for older consoles. Hooked up my Wii U to my Toshioba in hopes of being able to easy stream videos to old tv while playing newer games. Works really well when playing my ps2 on the Toshiba, and watching movies on the Vizio. Was hoping to be able to do it easily the other way around for when I'm playing newer hd games.

Don't wanna have to look down at my phone while playing on the big screen. Easier to have it on the second screen right next to the one I'm already looking at. Also has the benefit of not being a massive drain on my phones battery.

teezzy

Banned
Netflix still works on PS3. Absolutely crazy.

Same for 360

Makes me laugh you cant watch Netflix on any Nintendo device now

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Netflix still works on Vita, right?
Sucks to suck, Nintendo.
I'm gonna be real upset when Netflix support ends for PS3.

Patrick S.

Banned
Watching YouTube on my old 3DS XL was the shittiest experience ever. I would never ever want to watch a whole movie on that joke of a screen.

HF2014

Netflix on 3DS. Wondering if i already downloaded it before. Oh well. Would have been fun to see how shitty it was on that platform.

Hudo

And I have removed Netflix from everything after they cancelled Marco Polo. Fuck them forever.

Hal.

And I have removed Netflix from everything after they cancelled Marco Polo. Fuck them forever.

That show is overrated normie tier shit, Hudo.

I only watch intellectually stimulating content from the streams on NeoGAF.com

Skifi28

Just can't imagine netflix on the 3ds. If you want to punish yourself just grab a ouya, no reason to go through THAT.

Fbh

I left my WiiU at home when moving out because for a while my mom loved to watch Netflix on it.
She found the tablet controller easier to use than the Smart TV stuff

BlackTron

Well, as of late my niece has broken my gamepad AND two afterglow controllers, while Mario 3D World is about to come to Switch.

Poor Wii U. I think it's time we put this old bird out of her misery.

Top Bottom