• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix The Witcher is nothing but pigheaded white male supremacist fantasy and I’m triggered!!

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Netflix has caved to White suprematism and delivered a show that is a huge step back to women, LGBTQ representation and oppressed people of color.

As a male feminist I just watch the first episode and I am already triggered!!!

All of you here on GAF saying this show was SJW material were clearly scheming to get us to watch the show, boosting the Netflix viewing numbers. Now Netflix thinks this show is hot ticket and will create more bigoted content to satisfy their new bigoted audience. The Witcher was supposed to another safe space but you robbed us of that.

What all was oppressive about the Witcher? Let’s start with the first episode!

The list of crimes:
Barely a single person of all color! None until 40 minutes in! All white skinned actors/actresses. Director was clearly a racist and a homophobe.

Geralt walks into a white sorcerers house and it gratuitously shows naked white women working in a garden doing an old white males bidding! What a patriarchal misogynist reinforcing this notion that women are nothing more than flesh!

The worst part this supposedly all powerfully wizard white girl who is a threat needs a male to protect her who uses her as his sex toy!

Little Ciri has a white male designated as her “Destiny!”

Of course the black person that does show up is a bad guy who gets killed by the white male hero.

The show is an outrageous set back to woman and people of color. No LGBTQ representation either. Not a single scene of two colored males kissing!

This is satire.

I can’t wait to read how this is called SJW material.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Netflix has caved to White suprematism and delivered a show that is a huge step back to women, LGBTQ representation and oppressed people of color.

All of you here on GAF saying this show was SJW material were clearly scheming to get us to watch the show, boosting the Netflix viewing numbers. Now Netflix thinks this show is hot ticket and will create more bigoted content to satisfy their new bigoted audience. The Witcher was supposed to another safe space but you robbed us of that.

The list of crimes:
Barely a single person of all color! None until 40 minutes in! All white skinned actors/actresses. Director was clearly a racist and a homophobe.

Geralt walks into a white sorcerers house and naked whites women working in a garden doing an old white males bidding! What a patriarchal misogynist reinforcing this notion that women are nothing more than flesh!

The worst part this supposedly all powerfully wizard white girl who is a threat needs a male to protect her who uses her as his sex toy!

Of course the black person that does show up is a bad guy who gets killed by the white male hero.

The show is an outrageous set back to woman and people of color. No LGBTQ representation either. Not a single scene of two colored males kissing!
satire, I can’t wait to read how this is called SJW material.

Did you say...

"naked white women working in a garden"

I'm fucking on it now. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
These are polish based stories, not a lot of diversity. They tried it back in the 40s but Hitler wasn't having none of it. So much for love and acceptance towards them, just saying.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Did you say...

"naked whites women working in a garden"

I'm fucking on it now. Thanks for the info.
You're all a bunch of pigs!

TloeMA.gif

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I got give the Anti-SJW brigade credit. They tried to tell us that this show would be nothing but SJW propaganda, but it was all a scheme to get us to watch the show and boost Netflix viewer numbers.

All kidding aside, the first episode was entertaining. I won't call it a masterpiece, as the FX were pretty cheap and often looked too fake for my tastes.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs

The list of crimes:

Geralt walks into a white sorcerers house and naked whites women working in a garden doing an old white males bidding! What a patriarchal misogynist reinforcing this notion that women are nothing more than flesh!

This is satire.

I can’t wait to read how this is called SJW material.
Go back to Resetera!! .....edit...I just read the spoiler............but I guarantee this type of post is on there as we speak!!

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I haven’t watched it yet but there better be

A scene where they have sex on a unicorn.

Ar¢tos

Honestly... Was it difficult to make Geralt a trans black woman?
Sony turned the fairy godmother into a black man, I don't see why Netflix cant keep up with society.
Hmpf! :messenger_face_steam:

Not a review but I watched the first episode and it was better than I feared it would be. It was actually really well done. Henry Cavil is a solid Geralt and ..... so far so good.

The first episode has convinced me to keep watching.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The original Witcher title had cards for each woman you slept with. I remember getting the Director's Cut patch before it was officially released. It was censored for the longest time in the NA release. I personally enjoyed that aspect of it, but that doesn't mean it always has to focus on female sex partners.

Didn't read your whole post. only the part where you say you're a male triggered, feminist and bring up LGBT, which I'm absolutely sick sick of hearing about. Do you think you can go somewhere else please?☺

Edit: Luckily I read that other person's post. Didn't click spoilers at first cause I haven't watched it yet. Lol. Dodo head.

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
Watched few EPs.

It is tolkien fantasy pulp fantasy not witcher.

They litearlly butcher every single story from boos mixing it up with original stories missing completely themes of books and points of stories.

Like 1st EP about Renfy and Stregebor. The point of the story was that Geralt who claimed he can walk away from lesser or greater evil choice he proven wrong when Renfy tries to burn city with his friends in it.

Show doesn't depict alderman character which means there is 0 context to why Geralt cares about city. Alderman and his family are Geralnt friends of old and were very kind to him. Which means in this case Gerlat could literally walk away ignoring whole conflict which completely misses the point of story.

Renfy was under protectorate of local lord which meant that if she was killed in village then that village would be punished which is why Alderman banished Geralt from village. In show on other hand people are angry at him because Stregebor can't take her body after Geralt killed her.

It completely misses the fucking point.

Last edited:

H4ze

Funny, just talked about the series a minute ago with my brother before I saw the thread xD

0/10 Reee members will watch

(so 10/10 GAF material)

It's not bad, but it's not good neither. Admittingly, Henry Cavill fits the role as Geralt perfectly. The narrative is bad, as they tried to cram in Ciri and Yennifer as an equal to Geralt. The title is called "The Witcher" yet the director doesn't seem to get that.

Top Bottom