• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix to order two seasons of "AJ and the Queen" Netflix agenda show, starring a Drag Queen and underaged kid.

Trailer

The trailer is not necessarily new, however many people didn't know about this and how it's being funded by questionable organizations. Also they are already planning to push this in the kids section from what I heard.

We need to have people in different states make movie industries, Hollywood has to be cut down to size and Atlanta is just Hollywodd light.

Winter John

You must be blind then, can I order you some prescription lenses?

The last thing I remember you posting was some weird ranting blog about transvestites. The reason I remember it was because it was like a day after Xmas and at the time I felt real pity for you. Hopefully one day you will let go of whatever hatred or fear it is that's inside you and find the courage to be who you want to be. I genuinely mean that.

The last thing I remember you posting was some weird ranting blog about transvestites.

Such a thread based on your description doesn't exist, but hey, you can keep being wrong and imagine anything you want, but please keep me out of your fantasies thanks.

Can’t people just watch Ru Paul’s Drag Race like the rest of us?

Who is "Us"? Papa Papa ? ;)

I know everyone is ragging on OP but I think he’s in the right here. Drag is an identity based around sexuality no matter how you want to dress it up (heh). Drag queens have no place around children.

Considering a kid is one of the stars in this "show" it means he's going to be exposed to this experiment very often and I am fairly certain that's going to cause some problems for him a couple years from now. From what I gather Netflix has been going woke more than usual lately, so I guess a show like this shouldn't be too surprising.

That trailer looks very just mildly funny. It had a couple funny gags but nothing wonderful.

I would guess the accusation that it'll be marketed in the KIDS section of netflix is misinformed at best, and disingenuous & looking to start hate at worst. There are freaking FAKE TITS in that trailer. Netflix ain't gonna put that next to Paw Patrol (Furry version of that coming when?). Yes, there is a child actor in this, but child actors have been in all kinds of fucked up productions for ages, why single this one out to be upset about?

Freaking out about nothingburgers like this actually hurts the times when it's warranted.

Papa

Banned
He's an actor, he'll be fucking fine. You guys read into stuff too much because you don't like tranny's.

These are drag queens, not trannies. I’ve got no problem with either of them going about their lives privately in peace. My problem is when they want to foist their ideology onto children. That’s where I draw the line. I’m seeing more and more of these drag queen story time events and they make my skin crawl. They are not about innocently sharing a marginalised subculture; they are about exposing their sexual identity-based ideology to children as early as possible in the hopes of indoctrinating them.

HoodWinked

i dunno, i feel like most people like leon the professional and that succeeds because its combining violent themes with children so it's intentionally provocative and uncomfortable because the inclusion of a child.

on the other there is a disportate amount of grown adults that either turn homosexual or engage in drag shows because they were abused as children so this sort of thing isn't great because it's literally promoting grooming. you hear it from time to time people like george takei, ed murray, kevin spacey they don't say it directly but this kind of grooming seems to be part of the cycle.

drag queens though is essentially female blackface, it takes the hypersexual version of a female then tries to mimic that into the most flamboyant caricature. it's kind of weird that it's here nor there in the mainstream now.

Last edited:
You know this? How? Transgender/trans

Actors have access to everything they need while working on the show.

These are drag queens, not trannies. I’ve got no problem with either of them going about their lives privately in peace. My problem is when they want to foist their ideology onto children. That’s where I draw the line. I’m seeing more and more of these drag queen story time events and they make my skin crawl. They are not about innocently sharing a marginalised subculture; they are about exposing their sexual identity-based ideology to children as early as possible in the hopes of indoctrinating them.

Drag is even less of a concern. People who pick it up young have a natural inclination towards it. No one's going to convert a boy's boy into drag boy, lol. He's not going to have psychological problems, he works on a Hollywood set with hundreds of people.

They pretty much are sharing their marginalized subculture though. That's why that show pose was so good because it did a great job of it. This show is a drama too, not a comedy like Mrs. Doubtfire, so it'll have a serious dark side that's unique to the culture.

Tldr; it'll be fine.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

I really don't see much wrong with this to be honest.
I don't like it when they force these things into regular movies for brownie points but when it's a movie blatantly not aimed at you I don't think you should upset yourself over it.

It's just as bad as the left giving out about the latest Rambo movie when a Rambo movie blatantly isn't aimed at them.

I prefer the classics

WQJciE2.jpg

cryptoadam

Banned
Is that RuPaul?

Doesn't look to bad or that its pushing a huge agenda. Drag people should be able to have their own movies/TV shows too. At least they didn't reboot some 90's show and cast RuPaul in it. So I give em brownie points for originality.

Not my cup of tea and I would want to see what message they push. So far no indication that the kid is drag or ever does any drag stuff. So if its just an odd couple pairing to play up the comedy I don't see any issues.

Question is what kind of shit storm will this cause with the victim groups. If the show isn't Drag enough then you know the SJWs will shit on this show. And I bet the Trans will take issues with it somehow being transphobic because it pushes a drag lifestyle but not a trans lifestyle or some BS like that.

Papa

Banned
Actors have access to everything they need while working on the show.

Drag is even less of a concern. People who pick it up young have a natural inclination towards it. No one's going to convert a boy's boy into drag boy, lol. He's not going to have psychological problems, he works on a Hollywood set with hundreds of people.

They pretty much are sharing their marginalized subculture though. That's why that show pose was so good because it did a great job of it. This show is a drama too, not a comedy like Mrs. Doubtfire, so it'll have a serious dark side that's unique to the culture.

Tldr; it'll be fine.

Have you ever considered that it’s marginalized for good reason?

Papa

Banned
I really don't see much wrong with this to be honest.
I don't like it when they force these things into regular movies for brownie points but when it's a movie blatantly not aimed at you I don't think you should upset yourself over it.

It's just as bad as the left giving out about the latest Rambo movie when a Rambo movie blatantly isn't aimed at them.

It’s not aimed at me, no, but that’s not the problem. The problem is that it’s being used as a means of indoctrinating children into a sexual identity-based subculture. It is the very definition of grooming.

Winter John

Such a thread based on your description doesn't exist, but hey, you can keep being wrong and imagine anything you want, but please keep me out of your fantasies thanks.

Actually it does exist.

It’s not aimed at me, no, but that’s not the problem. The problem is that it’s being used as a means of indoctrinating children into a sexual identity-based subculture. It is the very definition of grooming.

That is only if you take the OP as truthful that this is being marketed towards kids. It does not, _at_all_ look like that is the case. If I'm wrong please let me know. It doesn't even seem to be marketed to teenagers. It seems like it's marketed to older gay/queer people honestly. A Viola Davis joke? Diana Ross? Nothing about it says this is a moving *FOR* kids to watch.

So you think they only made a child a star character to appeal to adults interested in sexual drag culture?

That's arguably worse because then you would be saying that they only made a child the star character to get uh, interest from adult viewers.

The kid is clearly the plot device that gets RuPaul from A-Z. This is all judging from the trailers though, I can't say what the actual movie will be like. Having a kid actor in a movie =/= a kids movie, or even a target market.

Do I like the idea? Not really. Do I find it excessively more offensive than most of the crap we get from Hollywood these days? Also not really. The worst shot we got in the trailer was the kid floating in the pool (or something) using the fake boobs as a flotation device. That's kind of funny. I don't know if they're going to have a "Look it's babies first drag show!" moment where they all get together and the kid realizes he was made for drag the whole time! I hope that doesn't happen, as THAT would be crossing the line I feel. As presented though, it just seems like a very so-so comedy with a few funny parts. I'm not offended. Hell, actual Drag Queens are on the low end of the crazy scale these days it seems.

The kid is clearly the plot device that gets RuPaul from A-Z. This is all judging from the trailers though, I can't say what the actual movie will be like. Having a kid actor in a movie =/= a kids movie, or even a target market.

Do I like the idea? Not really. Do I find it excessively more offensive than most of the crap we get from Hollywood these days? Also not really. The worst shot we got in the trailer was the kid floating in the pool (or something) using the fake boobs as a flotation device. That's kind of funny. I don't know if they're going to have a "Look it's babies first drag show!" moment where they all get together and the kid realizes he was made for drag the whole time! I hope that doesn't happen, as THAT would be crossing the line I feel. As presented though, it just seems like a very so-so comedy with a few funny parts. I'm not offended. Hell, actual Drag Queens are on the low end of the crazy scale these days it seems.

So you're defending the part about the underage kids being surrounded by drag queens doing sexual things and floating on fake boobs in a pool? Are you not seeing why MANY people would have issues with that?

belmarduk

I just finished watching the first season. It was really wholesome and heartwarming. Would definitely recommend.

Last edited:

belmarduk

Op seriously needs to stop being ashamed of the glitter in his panties drawer. Everytime I see him/her/zim/zer post it's some weird obsessive shit about transvestites. Dude you can date them if you want, nobody will ever care

How many transgender threads can Afro Republican start? It definitely seems like an unhealthy obsession.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
So you think they only made a child a star character to appeal to adults interested in sexual drag culture?

That's arguably worse because then you would be saying that they only made a child the star character to get uh, interest from adult viewers.
'Sexual drag culture'?

Papa

Banned

Just because the scale is broken it doesn’t mean that we should adjust our own moral compasses accordingly. I think fixing the scale is a better option.

Winter John

How many transgender threads can Afro Republican start? It definitely seems like an unhealthy obsession.

I ain't going through the guy's post history. I only remembered his last one because it was Xmas and after reading his hate blog I felt sorry for the guy. Anyone who spends their time fixating on that kind of nonsense, especially at Xmas isn't in a good place.

Papa

Banned
Only one reason to incorporate impressionable kids. They want to make an impression while they're young.

That’s exactly it. Go on and have your drag shows. Dress however you want, fuck whoever you want, I don’t care. Just keep it in private and don’t involve kids. This kind of thing will be the downfall of the equality ideology because it demonstrates that not all things are equal. Some things need to be marginalized because they’re not in the best interests of society. Drag culture is one of those things.

"Maybe I'm being harsh". Yes, this post wreaks of it., Dial it back on the aggression when making your points.
I ain't going through the guy's post history. I only remembered his last one because it was Xmas and after reading his hate blog I felt sorry for the guy. Anyone who spends their time fixating on that kind of nonsense, especially at Xmas isn't in a good place.

I don't know where you pedophile defenders come from but the only one desperate and in need of help is you. You have been whining and speaking bullshit since you entered the thread.

You started out speaking about an imaginary transvestite thread that never existed, i guess you think transgender and transvestites are the same, but that's not surprising given your lack of intellect.

Now you're speaking some bullshit about remembering a thread because it was XMAS, you know the day I wasn't here, and posted nothing. Maybe you should fuck off instead of derailling the thread with your pointless and desperate lies?

Maybe I'm being harsh, maybe after you took all your drugs and cut yourself you made yourself believe it was XMAS in some alternate dimension outside reality. Sorry, but NEWS FLASH, we are on planet Earth.

If you have a disagreement that's one thing, but you don't seem to have the mental capacity to even have a discussion, just indisputable lies and drivebys. Maybe you should start contributing to the community more if you dont like the content you see instead of whining like a baby?

mcjmetroid

I think kids are a little more resilient that you give them credit for especially when it comes to sexuality. Yes in this case you are opening then up to the possibility of drag culture which is normally just fun and games to me.

But just because someone dresses up in drag doesn't automatically mean they're going to be gay or not etc. That's all for the child to decide eventually and they will. You've often heard of all gay parents having a straight son etc despite only been raised by 2 men or 2 women.

You're an Australian right? Did you ever see Priscilla Queen of the desert? I thought that handled this subject matter very well. Especially with the introduction of a small kid to the scene. The wrongs and rights and that's an early 90s film. I'm not sure this does though.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
I think kids are a little more resilient that you give them credit for especially when it comes to sexuality. Yes in this case you are opening then up to the possibility of drag culture which is normally just fun and games to me.

But just because someone dresses up in drag doesn't automatically mean they're going to be gay or not etc. That's all for the child to decide eventually and they will. You've often heard of all gay parents having a straight son etc despite only been raised by 2 men or 2 women.

You're an Australian right? Did you ever see Priscilla Queen of the desert? I thought that handled this subject matter very well. Especially with the introduction of a small kid to the scene. The wrongs and rights and that's an early 90s film. I'm not sure this does though.

I believe that the sexuality of children isn’t fully formed before puberty and is therefore malleable by external forces. For example, why do child rape victims often turn out to have their own sexual deviances as adults? I believe that not all children exposed to drag culture will be sexually affected, but a large enough proportion will be for it to be considered socially unacceptable. I believe you are being unjustifiably dismissive and ignoring the obvious sexual component when you say drag is just “fun and games”. Moreover, children do not “decide” to be gay as you assert (what happened to “born this way”?), but as noted above, external forces can alter sexuality. I think it is therefore our responsibility as adults to design society in such a way as to limit children’s exposure to such external forces until they old enough and mature enough to comprehend them.

Winter John

I don't know where you pedophile defenders come from but the only one desperate and in need of help is you. You have been whining and speaking bullshit since you entered the thread.

You started out speaking about an imaginary transvestite thread that never existed, i guess you think transgender and transvestites are the same, but that's not surprising given your lack of intellect.

Now you're speaking some bullshit about remembering a thread because it was XMAS, you know the day I wasn't here, and posted nothing. Maybe you should fuck off instead of derailling the thread with your pointless and desperate lies?

Maybe I'm being harsh, maybe after you took all your drugs and cut yourself you made yourself believe it was XMAS in some alternate dimension outside reality. Sorry, but NEWS FLASH, we are on planet Earth.

If you have a disagreement that's one thing, but you don't seem to have the mental capacity to even have a discussion, just indisputable lies and drivebys. Maybe you should start contributing to the community more if you dont like the content you see instead of whining like a baby?

Pedophile defender? Jesus what is wrong with you?

"You started out speaking about an imaginary transvestite thread that never existed"

I already posted a link your lonely Xmas hate blog buddy but since you seem to have forgotten about it here's another link for you

"Now you're speaking some bullshit about remembering a thread because it was XMAS, you know the day I wasn't here."

I said it was a day or so around Xmas . Turns out it was a whole 2 days after Xmas. I apologise for not being exact but in general I don't give any attention to your kind. I think my point stands though doesn't it. Instead of spending time with your loved ones, you spent your Xmas hate blogging about transgenders.

"Maybe I'm being harsh, maybe after you took all your drugs and cut yourself you made yourself believe it was XMAS in some alternate dimension outside reality. Sorry, but NEWS FLASH, we are on planet Earth."

Son, if I was a transgender or a transvestite or anything other than a boring straight white dude, you better believe you'd know all about it because I'd be parading up and down your street all day long.

"If you have a disagreement that's one thing, but you don't seem to have the mental capacity to even have a discussion, just indisputable lies and drivebys. Maybe you should start contributing to the community more if you dont like the content you see instead of whining like a baby?"

What discussion would you like to have with me?
How you believe trans people are pedophiles?
How you constantly make threads which are full of hatred and negativity?

What would you like to discuss with me son?

How to make yourself a better person?
How to live without fear?
How to be generous and kind to others instead of treating them with fear and hate?

What about acceptance? Would you like to discuss acceptance, personal or otherwise? Because I'm down for that son. I can give you a fucking seminar on the benefits of acceptance.

As for contributing to the community. That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm contributing by making you see that your life does not have to be what it is. You can change if you want to. It's real easy.

Dial it back on the extreme vitriol attacking other users, or your time here will be very short.

"You started out speaking about an imaginary transvestite thread that never existed"

I already posted a link your lonely Xmas hate blog buddy but since you seem to have forgotten about it here's another link for you

"Now you're speaking some bullshit about remembering a thread because it was XMAS, you know the day I wasn't here."

I said it was a day or so around Xmas . Turns out it was a whole 2 days after Xmas. I apologise for not being exact but in general I don't give any attention to your kind. I think my point stands though doesn't it. Instead of spending time with your loved ones, you spent your Xmas hate blogging about transgenders.

"Maybe I'm being harsh, maybe after you took all your drugs and cut yourself you made yourself believe it was XMAS in some alternate dimension outside reality. Sorry, but NEWS FLASH, we are on planet Earth."

Son, if I was a transgender or a transvestite or anything other than a boring straight white dude, you better believe you'd know all about it because I'd be parading up and down your street all day long.

"If you have a disagreement that's one thing, but you don't seem to have the mental capacity to even have a discussion, just indisputable lies and drivebys. Maybe you should start contributing to the community more if you dont like the content you see instead of whining like a baby?"

How to be generous and kind to others instead of treating them with fear and hate?

What about acceptance? Would you like to discuss acceptance, personal or otherwise? Because I'm down for that son. I can give you a fucking seminar on the benefits of acceptance.

As for contributing to the community. That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm contributing by making you see that your life does not have to be what it is. You can change if you want to. It's real easy.
You’re a fucking weirdo dawg, hop off his nuts lol. You clearly got some shit you’re looking to get off your chest. Spill the means. You fuck horses, don’t you. I know you do

On the real tho the feminization of men is just disgusting and is very obviously ruining everything. It can make for some entertaining content for sure but whenever I see a drag queen, tranny or flaming gay dude I usually picture what I imagine to be their father shedding a tear at what a monstrosity their son turned out to be. Sad stuff

I said it was a day or so around Xmas . Turns out it was a whole 2 days after Xmas. I apologise for not being exact but in general I don't give any attention to your kind.

There's the racism. ;)

Also I like how you say you don't follow me but make up this claim about a pile of transvestite threads, none of which exist because I have never made a transvestite thread. In fact, some users here may find you calling them transvestites insulting.

Good job derailing the thread instead of contributing. Poor guy you seem so obsessed with me you can't stop making shit up.

mcjmetroid

There's the racism. ;)

Also I like how you say you don't follow me but make up this claim about a pile of transvestite threads, none of which exist because I have never made a transvestite thread. In fact, some users here may find you calling them transvestites insulting.

Good job derailing the thread instead of contributing. Poor guy you seem so obsessed with me you can't stop making shit up.
Serious question though you do create a lot of these types of threads ( and you know you do stop arguing terminology)

How do you even find news like this, it's not like it's headline news or anything like that you HAVE to be actively searching for trans news right?

How do you even find news like this, it's not like it's headline news or anything like that you HAVE to be actively searching for trans news right?

I know you are fine with the content of the show as revealed above as you think sexualizing kids is "fun and games" but let's be realistic here.

This show was widely reported and still is, it's mainstream news, many of the left outlets talked and still about it, and it's by Ru Paul who major outlets report on for no reason nearly every day. You know this I know this, yet you're going to sit here and act like this is some niche thing that I looked for and isn't headline news?

Seriously?

I also disagree with the notion that I make a lot of these, it just upsets people more who lean left on this board, so they constantly put more emphasis on threads like this. Such threads aren't even 1.5% of my monthly output. On top of that most of the news sources are from mainline outlets.

Lets come back to reality now.

Also I'm curious about why you didn't respond to Matts last post.

Blade2.0

Murder is wrong in most states, buddy. You fucking killed him.

Top Bottom