• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix to stream Ghost in the Shell SAC_2045 anime series from Production I.G & SOLA DIGITAL ARTS

https://animeuknews.net/2018/12/net...series-from-production-i-g-sola-digital-arts/

Netflix continues to drop the big news for their upcoming slate of anime titles, from the return of Neon Genesis Evangelion to the likes of 7SEEDS. But now the streaming service have announced another big series from a well-known franchise.

In a collaboration between studios Production I.G and SOLA DIGITAL ARTS, they have announced plans for a new Ghost in the Shell project, currently titled Ghost in the Shell SAC_2045 which is set for worldwide distribution in 2020. Kenji Kamiyama (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) & Shinji Araki (Appleseed) are confirmed to be working on the project. No other news has been revealed as of yet.

Ghost-in-the-Shell-SAC-2045-1.jpg

Production I.G have animated all of the anime projects for Ghost in the Shell while SOLA DIGITAL ARTS have worked on various 3DCG projects including Appleseed Alpha, the Evangelion Animator Expo short ‘another impact (confidential)’, Blade Runner Black Out 2022 and also the new ULTRAMAN anime due for April 2019 on Netflix.

In the UK the franchise has been licensed by Manga Entertainment and have recently released Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex on Blu-ray as well as a re-release for Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence. In Japan Production I.G also released the original Ghost in the Shell on Ultra HD Blu-ray with English support.

dorkimoe

As someone who has only seen the new ghost in the shell movie and LOVED IT (i know, its against the rules to like that movie) I look forward to this. Loved the story

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Really excited for this, I'm not a huge fan of anime but I've been a GitS fan for ages.

As someone who has only seen the new ghost in the shell movie and LOVED IT (i know, its against the rules to like that movie) I look forward to this. Loved the story
I thought it was probably the most solid try for an anime movie. Not near as terrible as many say just ok, but hey if that what gets you into the story its good in my book. Watch the stand alone complex series both seasons are great

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
? GITS is major only other character is Bato that can hold the series

Gits' world building has been fleshed out enough that I think other characters could be interesting. SAC had entire episodes dedicated to side characters where Major played a minor role :)

Top Bottom