• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 3D Mario game shown in Nintendo Switch trailer

Realeza

Banned
Yeah, we're getting another 3D World, which isn't bad, but it's not Galaxy of course

How on the mother of fuck can you get this from 5 seconds of video? Besides, if I showed you a clip of Mario 64 walking straight would you come to the same silly conclusion?

DonShula

Looks awesome and I can't wait to play it, even if this is just a demo for the trailer. I'd be thrilled with both a 3D World sequel and a Mario 64 sequel so I'm just flat out happy to see this.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i don't really think there is enough there to say is it like 64 or 3d world or whatever, but to me it looks pretty streamlined. hopefully that is not the case though.

Not a lot to go on as far as if it will be closer to 64/Sunshine or 3D World, but it looks great, and I have complete faith in EAD Tokyo to deliver another great Mario game.

Toad.T

Banned
It seems to be Mario meets Dio di la muerte (sp? Spanish Day of the Dead)

Don't get the freeroaming comments though. Looks like it could totally ape 3D Land/World

Krooner

Really getting Sunshine vibes from this, Wonder is all that sand is malleable somehow?

Maybe the glass structures can be filled with the sand to fill out, revealing more of the level previously buried underneath???

Excited! The machine looks gorgeous. New 3D mario, New Kart, New (?) Splatoon, Zelda! I hope these aren't ALL launch titles, I'll not get anything done.

Business

maybe the camera goes isometric for multi, it was implied that there was multi cuz it was the same segment when she went to the party, but maybe not well see.

Well, at the end of the Mario segment they are playing together.

True. Seems impossible to me though that they can design the game so it works equally well with both camera angles, but I certainly hope they can pull it off, somehow I seriously doubt it. Well anyway, let's see what happens.

I think it looks badass. Love the town shot, which gives me a strong Sunshine vibe. Bigger levels, behind the back camera and what looks like more interesting terrain. Sign me up!

Luke_Wal

Somebody on Twitter astutely pointed out that, indeed, those are rings and not gold coins. Sega is also listed as a partner, though that could be for anything. With the recent 3D Sonic-like perspective, I don't know if I would be super surprised if this is some sort of crossover.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
You've seen Mario jump to 3D with Super Mario 64...

You've seen him go to the tropical Delfino Isle with Mario Sunshine...

You've seen him reach out to the vastness of space itself in Mario Galaxy...

Now

Get ready for

SUPER MARIO MEXICO

1476972438879.png

muteki

It seems to be Mario meets Dio di la muerte (sp? Spanish Day of the Dead)

Don't get the freeroaming comments though. Looks like it could totally ape 3D Land/World

Yeah, sombreros everywhere.

And it looks just as linear as 3D world/land to me. At least, i'm not seeing anything indicating otherwise.

Business

Somebody on Twitter astutely pointed out that, indeed, those are rings and not gold coins. Sega is also listed as a partner, though that could be for anything. With the recent 3D Sonic-like perspective, I don't know if I would be super surprised if this is some sort of crossover.

These rings are already in 3D World.

edit: beaten

Hopeford

The camera angle is encouraging me. I loved 64/Sunshine, but good as the recent games have been they lack in the stuff that I really enjoyed - high hopes for this one.

Top Bottom