• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 3D Mario game shown in Nintendo Switch trailer

Maz

Yeah, hopefully.

I don't want another like 3D World, which was just 2D gameplay on a 3D plane where you couldn't even position the camera, and had a timer which didn't allow for exploration.

This is exactly how I feel, I dont want super mario bros 3D. I want an evolution to Super Mario 64, dynamic worlds with several stars to hunt.

oti

Banned
I have the weird feeling that this will be targeted and speed runners. The camera angle and how the rings are positioned makes me think Nintendo wants players to get as fast as possible through the course, with a new special jump through those rings for instance. Just a thought.

Whales

Banned
I hope mario runs automatically and you don't need to press a button to run

Day 1 for me, I wanted a mario 64 sequel so much

Pineapple

mario2axfq.gif

This looks so freaking amazing!!!

Platy

The "don't hype too much" sad gamer in me think that just like Splatoon and Mario Kart 8, this is actualy 3d World with new levels and triple jump =x

That planet/moon in the sky got me curious, but I'm more hype about the Samba de Mario aesthetic. Totally welcome to some fresh level tropes.

Somebody on Twitter astutely pointed out that, indeed, those are rings and not gold coins. Sega is also listed as a partner, though that could be for anything. With the recent 3D Sonic-like perspective, I don't know if I would be super surprised if this is some sort of crossover.

Not that I wouldn't love to finally see a crossover, but aren't those rings just the Coin Rings/Red Rings that have been around since NSMB? They look identical to the Gold Rings from NSMB2 in fact.

edit: Super beaten.

Kid Ying

Hope it's not a return to the old form. The whole ezploration adds nothing better than multiplayer. Give me 3d worlds dammit.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Looks like the Mario 3D World engine.

Also you can recognize an umbrella on the left, that's arrowed out. Seems to be ingame or part of a bigger render demo..
Or being able to jump on the umbrella to land on those rooftops

Hope it's not a return to the old form. The whole ezploration adds nothing better than multiplayer. Give me 3d worlds dammit.

Did you not play Mario 64? Exploration was what made it so damned good, and the reason it's still contested so crazy in the speed-running community.

rhandino

Banned
Mario in Mexico is love =3

Most likely the new game stages will all be based around real places around the world during their most iconic festivies like Mexico during Dia de los Muertos, Rio during a Carnaval, etc...

vort3x

This gif, looks like he's about to take of flying. Look at his hands. I'm guessing the winged hat will return or the Racoon suit from mario 3 maybe??

Also with the invisible walls. I think those could be ice? Look at the mist/fog surrounding it. Thawing effect?

I'm hoping if it isn't like 3D World/Land, it's more like 64. The Galaxy games kinda bored me, but 64 at least gave you freedom to explore a level.

Going by the reactions I can conclude it looks like another 64/sunshine/galaxy/3D land/world
Yeah, I'll just wait for the actual reveal.

triple jump yaaaaas!

Top Bottom