• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 3DS OS screenshots.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
CTR_Tiger_Screen_06.jpg

CTR_Tiger_Screen_05.jpg

CTR_Tiger_Screen_04.jpg

CTR_Tiger_Screen_03.jpg

CTR_Tiger_Screen_02.jpg

CTR_Tiger_Screen_01.jpg

3DS_MiiPlaza_scrn1_dis.jpg

3DS_Menu_scrn1.jpg

3DS_Camera_scrn1_dis.jpg

3DS_Camera_Merge_scrn2_dis.jpg

3DS_ARgames_02scrn02_Ev_dis.jpg

3DS_ARgames_01scrn1_Ev_dis.jpg

3DS_ActivityL_EU02scrn02_Ev_dis.jpg

3DS_ActivityL_EU01scrn01_Ev_dis.jpg

Looks nice IMO. Thanks to Jarosh for the pics.

That looks jizz. Maybe i'll pre-order one after all.

Launch day stock is probably completely taken though.. why did I cancel after seeing NGP... damn you Sony...

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
SalsaShark said:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/jarosh-gaf/3dspr/CTR_Tiger_Screen_01.jpg[/IM]

the fuck is "Mario" ?[/QUOTE]

Must be a Steam sales kinda thing [spoiler]lol, as if![/spoiler]

MNC

I love the fact it has a proper OS and loads of features but it sort of looks like a cluster fuck from screenshots. Probably because I have no idea what goes where. ie. Mii screenshot looks like all kinds of Apps you can select in the Miis, but it's the friends screen and their last played app. Eh I'm probably the only one.

Spwn

So that's pretty much all the data the pedometer activity program offers? Fair enough, but I'm pretty sure iPod nano will remain as my primary pedometer when I get a 3DS.

It looks somewhat bloated in a nintendo kind of way, but it's not bad at all. All these fucking little icons everywhere and text with different designs around them and all that, just weird. But like I said, not bad at all.

dream

MNC said:
I love the fact it has a proper OS and loads of features but it sort of looks like a cluster fuck from screenshots. Probably because I have no idea what goes where. ie. Mii screenshot looks like all kinds of Apps you can select in the Miis, but it's the friends screen and their last played app. Eh I'm probably the only one.

You're not the only one. There's no consistency in the UI and the whole thing is a cluttered mess. Nintendo really needs to hire some people to work on UX.

aparisi2274

SalsaShark said:
CTR_Tiger_Screen_01.jpg

the fuck is "Mario" ?

It's for the virtual console. If you want to search for any game that has Mario in it, you pick that, and the system will search for all Mario games in the VC that are available to download.

1-D_FTW

I NEED SCISSORS said:
That looks jizz. Maybe i'll pre-order one after all.

Launch day stock is probably completely taken though.. why did I cancel after seeing NGP... damn you Sony...

Pretty much anyone who sells online still has their pre-orders available.

dream said:
I can't even figure out what that is.

It looks to be the "Home" screen. The top screen shows what section of the OS you're in - there seems to be "Home", "Messaging", "Friends" and others - and the bottom shows the options within that section, in this case the games, apps etc. you have available under the "Home" menu. There are other options, but that's the basic layout.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Teetris said:
Why can't they just copy Wii's interface?
They could, but why do it when what they have is clearly much better?

This is coming from someone who loves Channels, btw. I'm very impressed.

WillyFive

Disguises said:
I don't see what's confusing people about the interface...

I bet is because all the screens are unorganized and unlabeled. If you haven't heard of what it was, then you'd have no idea of what you are seeing.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Cosmonaut X said:
Because it has some fairly major issues? Because they think this is a better approach?
It's much easier to work with tho. This looks too clunky.

What are these issues btw?

Willy105 said:
They did, on the DSi. Now they are moving on.
They did? Because apart from it being white I never noticed any similarities apart from the config screen. This however, is looking like a DSi evolution, but more features and complications

WillyFive

Teetris said:

They did? Because apart from it being white I never noticed any similarities apart from the config screen.

What exactly did you have in mind? The Wii, DSi, and 3DS OS seem to be very similar to me.

For example, on the Wii, you had a channel, you clicked it, and you went to it's Splash Screen. Same thing on the 3DS, except the Splash Screen is on the top screen in 3D, while all the other channels are still visible on the bottom screen.

Salsa

aparisi2274 said:
It's for the virtual console. If you want to search for any game that has Mario in it, you pick that, and the system will search for all Mario games in the VC that are available to download.

I see

but why is it next to the virtual console channel ?

Teetris said:

They've kept the "Channels" organisational/visual metaphor for the "Home" menu, just as they did for the DSi, though - what else about the Wii interface would you want?

SalsaShark said:
I see

That seems to be a shot of the eShop interface, so you have notifications to the left and the Virtual Console section to the right. I'm assuming the Mario pop-up there is some kind of filter for searching, or a special section just for Mario games (perhaps this is customisable, or rotates with other series etc. - I'm not sure).

Kuramu

I wonder why so many "2D image of 3DS screen" when they could just display a 3D image

edit: My mistake. I thought that was what it would actually say on the screen when shopping for games

WillyFive

Kuramu said:
I wonder why so many "2D image of 3DS screen" when they could just display a 3D image

How?

Not many people have 3D glasses, and I imagine even less can cross their eyes. And the animated gif method would be odd at best.

jarosh

while they are just press shots, you could at least give me credit. i uploaded them, you're linking to my photobucket and i had just posted them in the other thread. obviously you took them from there.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Willy105 said:
What exactly did you have in mind? The Wii, DSi, and 3DS OS seem to be very similar to me.

For example, on the Wii, you had a channel, you clicked it, and you went to it's Splash Screen. Same thing on the 3DS, except the Splash Screen is on the top screen in 3D, while all the other channels are still visible on the bottom screen.
With the Wii, you could have your 12 favorite things on the first page and then easily pick whatever you wanted, I want something like that. What the DSi however improved on was removing the splash screen, you could instantly pick your thing. If they combined these 2 with 3DS it would be all I'd ever need in an interface. Or basically just the ipod touch thing. Everything looking so big could mean the screen resolution is too low for it too happen, but still. They could make it easier on the user.

Now it seems they added a lot of nonsense (to people like me). Why would I want to rate my games?

JimboJones

SalsaShark said:
I see

Could be like the 360 interface, maybe specific games can be highlighted when there close to release or something like that, there seems to be a Donkey Kong one there.

It all looks very Nintendo, I wonder what each app's elevator music will be like, Nintendo love adding in little background jingles for everything.

Top Bottom