• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Alan Wake info "soon"

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
reminder said:
That's not Alan Wake. It's from Redwood Falls, a cancelled PS3 project... :lol
That's what I'm talking about. THANK YOU!! Couldn't fucking recall the name. Ahhhh what a relief!

If they can pull off an atmospheric first person view like The Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, I want nothing more.

I cant believe I thought it was real, I mean this is alan wake were talking about. I wish they would at least give us a tiny taste of the game.

CiSTM

Banned
From Alan Wake boards:
Definitely faked but it's at least the best fake I've seen, I'll give it that.

The lighting effects in Alan Wake are a bit better than the ones seen in that video and the clothing on the arm are different from Alan.

Not too sure what game it is though but yeah definitely not Alan.

Proc

is there any chance that game could actually be a new release (something from 2k boston) or are you positive it's redwood falls?

Keikoku

Banned
polyh3dron said:
no fucking way that's a 360 game. there's way too much detail and effects on it. plus it looks like it was being controlled by a mouse.

How do you see that in a crappy video quality ?

Anyway, i'm glad it's fake because it seems meh to me.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i don't know anything about this game but those screens on page 1 + LOST reference = color me intrigued...

Keikoku said:
How do you see that in a crappy video quality ?

Anyway, i'm glad it's fake because it seems meh to me.
it's the detail of things when they're up close, and the effects like the HDR and the snow.

plus the aforementioned mouse control.

and how the fuck is that trolling?

BeeDog

_174715.jpg

Holy moly. :lol

FrankT

If you want solid Alan Wake info here;

Remedy Games got in touch this morning to tell videogaming247 that with regards to Alan Wake, we can expect to see something “interesting” but only “when the time is right.”

“Yeah, I think we will see something interesting,” said Remedy to VG247 when we asked if there was something new to report. “[We] will be looking at our schedules and sorting interviews etc. out when the time is right.”

However, GDC 09 might be “a little too early”, the developer confirmed. We’re keeping our fingers crossed.

Alan Wake was announced to some fanfare back in 2005. Since then, however, information has been rather thin on the ground.

However, last year, Remedy released some cool looking footage and images.

Earlier that same month, Remedy explained that the reason the psychological thriller is taking so long is because there is only a small development team at work on the game.

Alan Wake is expected sometime this year for Xbox 360, and going by the above quote it seems we might know more very soon.

http://www.videogaming247.com/2009/01/27/remedy-you-will-see-something-interesting-when-the-time-is-right/

GDC possible, big reveal at E3 seems more likely. Fall/holiday release seems to be lock on at this point. Reveal at E3 with a hard date for later in the year fits MS M.O.

Just woke up.
I heard about Redwood falls but never saw footage of it.. by the looks of it, it showed some promise!

Good to hear the lighting in Alan Wake is better that the lighting displayed in that (impressive) video. :D

I hope they show something at GDC though I feel that they'll come out and play near E3 time.

FFChris

goldenpp72 said:
They don't they usually just release something a few times a year for 5 years instead.

Remedy are a small team, making top quality games. They usually take ages to things done, and I'm pretty sure they have said they had to rethink the direction of the game a bit.

I wouldn't put this on the vaporware list just yet.

im baffled as to why alan wake has been announced as long ago as FFXIII and we're already seeing in-game footage and a target release window for it, but nothing for alan wake. hope it's quality matches the length of it's development cycle... (and that my pc can handle it)

also: redwood falls wasn't canceled. developer just recently confirmed that it's still on the back burner.

http://www.psu.com/PS3-exclusive-Redwood-Falls-on-hold--a0005890-p0.php

likely to be canned at some point, but it's survived this long so maybe they are trying hard to fit it back into their budget.

FFChris

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
im baffled as to why alan wake has been announced as long ago as FFXIII and we're already seeing in-game footage and a target release window for it, but nothing for alan wake. hope it's quality matches the length of it's development cycle... (and that my pc can handle it)

Again, Remedy is a small team, and they've had development troubles. The Square-Enix FFXIII team is probably enormous, and are excellent developers.

Besides, we have seen a few tech demos of AW showing the world, weather systems, lighting, etc. It's not like this thing doesn't exist.

I like reading the OP that says that the blackout is about to end, then scroll down to find out I posted about it being a September 2008 game. Remedy's PR is full of liars and frauds.

I can only pray the game has a FPS option, I am too use to morrowind/oblivion/fallout3. Watching that video was getting me hot and bothered until I read it was fake :(

BakedPigeon said:
I can only pray the game has a FPS option, I am too use to morrowind/oblivion/fallout3. Watching that video was getting me hot and bothered until I read it was fake :(

From a recent 'leaked' (intentionally teased) screenshot, we can conclude that the camera (whether its default or optional in this particular pic) is resident evil 4-ish but has the player off to the left more.

attachment.php

rmdofficeawcapgp8.jpg

Top Bottom