• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Alien Game in Development!

TacosNSalsa

Ah, okay. I see what you mean.

The thing is, Isolation was based on Alien alone. I know it's weird, but many people tend to see Alien and Aliens as two almost different movies, because of how they changed the xenomorph between the two. They were both really good movies, but for two very different reasons. That's why you can't really think of the xenomorph in Isolation in terms of anything that game after the first movie.

I don't know if you've ever seen the director's cut of Alien, but in it there's a scene that introduces the idea of eggmorphing- humans being turned into eggs rather than eggs being laid by a queen. I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed 100%, but before release it was strongly implied that that's how the Xenos reproduce in Isolation. They were very faithful to the first movie and the first movie alone.

As for the telepathic thing, I think I know which media you're talking about. I think it was called Earth Hive or something like that. Originally comic books that were about Newt and Hicks after the events in the second movie. I recall it used to be canon, but when the third movie was released they decided it wasn't canon anymore and made the creators change the character names. Or something to that effect, I might be misremembering some details.
I read the novelization a few years ago and they changed Newt and Hicks to Billie and Wilks respectively. They were a bit pulp-y by, but I really enjoyed reading them. Made me sleep uneasy a few nights too.

It's not weird at all . Alien and Aliens are in the same story arc but considered different genre of movies . SciFi Horror and Scifi Action. Arguably the best representation of those 2 genres he have to date . I understand what you're getting at , the have been changed in pretty much every movie made so it's hard to pin point what exactly they can do . My issue was I saw too much of it . So much so that it became less of an antagonist and more of a mechanic of the game to be avoided , kind of like a free roaming insta death bottomless pit .

As for the life cycle have you ever seen this video?

If you're okay with the goofiness of Kyle it gives some good info on how they reproduced especially when it came to the eggmorphing thing (that starts about 2:40 if you don't want to watch the whole thing)

Also a channel called Alien Theory goes into the extended universe (comics) of these things and they are even more terrifying than I could've ever imagined . There is one 3 parter he did that deals with Dr.Church and his studies on them it is really good watch.

Mochilador

It's being made by Cold Iron Studios. These are ex-Cryptic Studios employees (City of Heroes, Neverwinter and Star Trek Online, etc.).

Also to add this should have been in production since 2016. Since this studio has had their new game in dev for that long. If it's the same game? If not then their other one probably got cancelled or turned into this.
Profound sadness.

Ozrimandias

Jumped from my seat when i read the title......sitting quietly back when reading next.

Thats a let down for me, i was expecting an Alien game from Creative Assembly

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Dark Horse Comics have announced the next 8-part comic series based in the Alien universe! Not only that, but the new comic also ties in to the upcoming untitled Alien game being developed by Cold Iron Studios! This suggests to us that the new game will involve Colonial Marine action as well, as many have suspected. The comics focus on a rogue detachment of Marines who defy direct orders to rescue survivors of a refinery under siege.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Cold Iron Studios was founded in 2015 by three industry veterans who had a goal of creating games they want to play and building a team they love working with. Since then, the team has expanded to 30+ awesome developers and we’ve moved into a downtown office in the heart of Silicon Valley. We’re a diverse group of passionate gamers with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning MMO and action titles. Currently, the team is working on a new PC and console shooter based on the Alien franchise. If you’re interested in joining us, check out our open positions!
:pie_thinking:

Please be a wide-linear 1st person story driven survival horror like Resident Evil 7 with the ability to kill Aliens (by setting traps and using rare weapon finds) however killing one should take precious resources to pull off.
Mix Alien Isolation with Resident Evil 7 gameplay systems = profit.

Ol'Scratch

Considering who owns the Alien license now you know it was not cheap to get for this company so that at least gives a glimmer of hope, a smidge if you will.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Hopefully they can reroute this game franchise because it never seemed like the games really clicked like the movies did.

jadefire66

alien
qzi4wRh.png

online only
gebqk9x.png

Ulysses 31

The action sequences in Aliens were terrifying because no matter how well equipped they were , how well trained , how much technology they had , they still got fucked up...being a badass will only get you so far against them ...

eHILBmK.gif
Eh, the marines got an ass whoopin' because they didn't know what they were getting into and lost most of their squad and ammo when they got jumped on. If the marines were there in greater numbers and fully briefed, I'm sure they would've systematically cleared the facility room by room till the aliens had been wiped out.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Its hard to development a Alien Game like Alien Isolation but with Ripley as main character??? Its really hard to do that??

Alien Isolation is by far the best Alien game ever made.

BUT ... I have to agree that the game just went on far too long.

After acquiring the flamethrower, the xenomorph started to go from scary to being a pain in the butt. In all honesty, I think the game should've ended when Ripley spaced the xenomorph and made it back into the station. At that point the lock down could've been lifted and everything could've returned to normal. The rest of the stuff could've been DLC. Also, the aggressive androids were a tad annoying to deal with.

The bit where you did the flashback sequence to the Space Jockey's ship was awesome! That bit just oozed atmosphere.

HeresJohnny

Alien Isolation is by far the best Alien game ever made.

BUT ... I have to agree that the game just went on far too long.

After acquiring the flamethrower, the xenomorph started to go from scary to being a pain in the butt. In all honesty, I think the game should've ended when Ripley spaced the xenomorph and made it back into the station. At that point the lock down could've been lifted and everything could've returned to normal. The rest of the stuff could've been DLC. Also, the aggressive androids were a tad annoying to deal with.

The bit where you did the flashback sequence to the Space Jockey's ship was awesome! That bit just oozed atmosphere.
Making me want to play it again.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The official prequel to the huge new Alien video game from Cold Iron Studios, as a Weyland-Yutani scientist arrives at Pala Station and finds the researchers there courting disaster... of the Xenomorph kind.

Dr. Timothy Hoenikker arrives on Pala Station, a Weyland-Yutani facility. Lured there by the promise of alien artifacts, instead he finds a warped bureaucracy and staff of misfits testing the effects of Xenomorph bio-materials on living creatures. Unbeknownst to the personnel, however, there is an infiltrator among them whose actions could spell disaster. Also on staff is Victor Rawlings, a former marine who gathers together other veterans to prepare for the worst. As the personnel receive a delivery of alien eggs, the experiments spin out of control, and only the former Colonial Marines can stand between the humans and certain death.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I want this so bad, Jesus. :(

Honestly as much as I don't care about Destiny, I'm a huge Aliens fan so I'd be down AF for this. Well, all while hoping for the best of course.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Aliens outside of Robocop and The thing are some of the greatest science fiction films ever made.
I am so ready for an aliens shooter, Give me those Marines.

Top Bottom