• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Alien: Isolation screenshots

EGM1966

That's weird. If the Xenomorph is the only alien in the game, who else will we shoot at? Marines?

If you can shoot I'm guessing Company Mercs and Androids Gone Bad but I hope it's much more a case of limited, desperate shooting vs small number of foes inter-spaced with avoiding the Alien.

Crap - I responded to a thread about this game. I'm getting my hopes up for a true Alien influenced game again! This does look promising though - so far anyway.

Amir0x

Banned
sigh.. why are we doing this to ourselves? I know any Alien fan has played every single game. They've all been terrible. Every single one.

Yet we force ourselves to do it.

*sigh*

day 1.

not every single one. And also, I have not played every single Alien game. I had no interest in the last one since to me it looked awful from the start, and I guess I was right to lol

This to me is everything I've wanted in an Alien game for years. I've never seen an Alien game hit so many of the right notes so quickly and so elegantly. It's not to say it won't be bad, but I am definitely anticipating this one

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Also: A mutilated cyborg. That's quite a fresh thing in the Alien Universe! I bet you will have to find pieces of hardware to fix him up and reboot him.. and then there's gonna be a cutscene with an agonizing cyborg going: "Before I fail, I must tell you about your mother.."
Probably all true. But I think I'll love ever second of it :p

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The one thing concerning me at the moment about the game - or its presentation - is the amount of hyperbole coming out about the Xeno AI. Lots of the usual guff about 'omg, it surprised us! we have to design around it!' etc. etc. Edge was frothing with it.

But then it's not super clear what that means. Whether the game will be very linear or if the station is one big sandbox where there's lots of different possible endgames enabled by the Xeno's reactions to what you do.

So I'm a bit cautious about that.

Jaeger

alien_2.jpg

More slime needed!

Your second image is a depiction of the mutated Xenos from Alien Resurrection.

That's weird. If the Xenomorph is the only alien in the game, who else will we shoot at? Marines?

The Company aka Wetland/Yutani? My money's on androids working to preserve the Alien and kill everyone else...

So is there a no fire button option or was it a miscommunication?

This to me is everything I've wanted in an Alien game for years. I've never seen an Alien game hit so many of the right notes so quickly and so elegantly. It's not to say it won't be bad, but I am definitely anticipating this one
They also said in this month's OPM issue that the team let them go hands on with the game without even saying anything. No PR bs, no explaining, nothing. They literally just brought them in and let them play the game first. They said they felt that confident in the game, and all of them came away supremely impressed.

I shouldn't...but I'm fucking hyped. That's it.

Lettuce

If you can shoot I'm guessing Company Mercs and Androids Gone Bad but I hope it's much more a case of limited, desperate shooting vs small number of foes inter-spaced with avoiding the Alien..

Just shooting the Alien would probably be enough, its not going to go down in 1 or 2 shots with small arms fire. Remember that bit in Aliens in the ventilation shaft where Vasquez unloads a whole beretta mag into it and the bullets were just bouncing off its dome!?

Im guessing the weapons would only be a counter measure and not designed to bring the Alien down, maybe just fend it off to create a get away chance. They would probably have flame units as well, again not to be used to kill the Alien but to flush it out to make sure its not down a ladder or around a corner, much like Ripley does at the end of Aliens

No. No no no no no. A true survival horror game is exactly what the series needs.

I agree but maybe make the online portion of the game like L4D. I know they said it's only a single player game without online but it this game pans out they should consider making the sequel like that.

Oh, good. It looks like they have the skull under the transparent dome. I was hoping for that, I love that detail.

Hard to see (not visible at all in most of the shots), but it was hard to see in the original too (even though the suit was built that way), so I cant really complain.

Wouldnt mind if they took a pinch of artistic license though and made it just a little bit more transparent so we could get a glimpse of it more often. It looks awesome.

- J - D -

I haven't read through the previous Isolation threads (only skimmed them for the pics), so I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but does this new Xeno not come from a human host?

It has digitigrade limbs, or cat/dog/bird like legs in contrast to the human-like legs of the original Xeno.

u3fNg59.jpg

OfOlmnX.jpg

Your second image is a depiction of the mutated Xenos from Alien Resurrection.

The xeno in Alien was pretty slimy, too:

HbSWnUD.jpg

Low quality footage of Brett's death/KY drool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2jtqXBx_aY

I haven't read through the previous Isolation threads (only skimmed them for the pics), so I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but does this new Xeno not come from a human host?

It has digitigrade limbs, or cat/dog/bird like legs in contrast to the human-like legs of the original Xeno.

u3fNg59.jpg

OfOlmnX.jpg

I noticed that, too...The xeno in Alien 3 was designed that way, but it came from a dog (or ox, depending on the version).

However, I think they used that design for Alien: Resurrection as well, and I don't know if it was made clear whether they came from human hosts or not:

Looks like they're using that design?

Alien: Resurrection saw a dramatic redesign from previously-encountered human-spawned breeds: the Xenomorphs that emerged from human hosts in this film walked on digitigrade hind legs in a manner that does not conform with the appearance of previously-seen members of the breed. This is complicated by the fact that the Xenomorphs of the film were spawned by a Queen grown from cells derived from a clone of Ripley, making their genetic heritage muddled at best.

kinggroin

Banned
God I love how they didn't create our version of the future, but they created the version of the future imagined in the original Alien movie. Fucking old school CRTs and shit, it's lovely.

This game is doing everything right as far as I'm concerned. The Alien is going to seem like a legit threat again

For. Real.

SFenton

I gotta say, I love this art style. It looks nice and real without actually looking nice and real. I don't know how to describe it, but I dig it!

BraXzy

This was on the OPM site along with these screens. Concept art:

1390105676-9.jpg

Game looks damn good. This will be a week 1 purchase should reviews and opinions not change at release.. *cough* Marines *cough*

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Everything about this game look so good so far. I wonder if Fox told SEGA they'll take back the license and give ti to someone else if SEGA make another bad game so they are tying to make this game as good as possible or something like this... but it's cool to see a new Alien game potentials to be good.

Leynos

Damn, this looks great. I haven't played Colonial Marines yet, but I'm an unabashed sucker for the Alien license.

Top Bottom