• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Animal Crossing: Jump Out Details

- Can place a Reset Management Center. Mr. Resetti will appear after you have placed this on the map.
- Return of Don Resetti.
- Brewster's Coffee Shop is separate and you can build it. If you go there a lot you can begin a 'part-time job'.
- Can drink coffee outside.
- Can build two types of Police Stations. The police officer will vary by the type you choose.
- New Villager: Hamsuke, a hamster, born May 30th. Brisk personality.
- New Villager: Brittany, a pig, born November 14th. Mature personality.
- New Villager: Anthony, a horse, born May 22. Smug Personality.
- New Personality: Smug; talks indirectly but acts like a gentleman. Pure, so you can't hate them.
- New Villager: Takoya, an octopus, born March 8th. Shaped like takoyaki. Carefree personality.
- New Villager: Frappe, a penguin, born February 22nd, lively personality.
- Lyle now works for the Happy Home Academy.
- Picnics available (blanket, chairs, picnic basket)
- New flowers.
- Return of cherry blossoms.
- Can eat ice-cream cones.
- Seen planting the tree seen on the box art. This is your first act as Mayor. It will grow as your city does.
- Can build camping grounds, bridges, wells, jungle gyms, benches, and those face-hole photograph things.
- Receive donations from villagers and even other players to fund the building.
- Clothing types: Tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes, socks, hats, accessories.

New Villager: Doremi, deer, born March 26
New Villager: Sunairu, gorilla, born December 5th
New Villager: Hajime, elephant, born September 7th
Flower Shop: Owned by Reiji, sells seeds for flowers, tree saplings, gardening tools, house plants. Open 10:00~8:00PM. He's a sloth, and lazy, so he may sometimes not be in the shop.
Museum: Open 24 hours. Will have 'planned exhibitions' of items outside those which you give them. Also a Museum Shop run by Blather's little sister.
Able Sisters: 8:00~9:00PM. Contains an accessory corner now.
Nook Housing: 10:00~8:00PM, parts to decorate your house change every day. Run by Tom Nook.
Speck Shop: Appears to be taking the place of Tom Nook's old shop, run by twin tanookis. Sells daily goods like cups for your house. Open 8AM~10PM, Starts of small and grows. Opening hours vary by type.
Shank the Skunk runs a shoe store, Lisa the llama runs the recycle shop.
Start the game off in a tent.
Bunnie, Chevre, Peanut return as villagers.

Mock and kill me if old. Taken from various scans over the last week.

Releases in 7 weeks.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Thanks for posting :) My gf will be thrilled to hear some new information.

Neiteio

City Folk was probably the worst sequel Nintendo has ever made, but this 3DS Animal Crossing sounds superb.

I just wonder what they will name the English version.

backlot

Does the Reset Management Center allow you to do anything special or is it just there to observe Resetti in his natural habitat?

Well, I suppose it's good news that they're adding something. It's been a while since I played the DS version, so this will probably get bought anyway, but new stuff is nice.

Revven

This is sounding better and better... I wonder if I really SHOULD buy this digitally full price or jump on dat Newegg $10 off........ convenience vs having to put the cart in every time.......... decisions decisions!

Looking like they're actually trying to give you more stuff to do, which is what they should have done in City Folk but failed to deliver.

Iacobellis

Damn, Nintendo is changing the formula a LOT for this one. Last one I played was Wild World, so this is always welcome.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Takoya is going to be the best, telling you

game sounds really interesting. City Folk was woefully bare, this is like the exact contrary

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Does the Reset Management Center allow you to do anything special or is it just there to observe Resetti in his natural habitat?

It sounds more like an option to decide whether you want Resetti to appear or not.

Neiteio

You come to my Reset Management Centre, on this, the day of my daughter's wedding...
LOL, best be careful building the place, no one wants the Mob moving in... ;)

Speaking of building, I hope it's possible to build EVERYTHING in one village, including both types of police stations. I want to maximize the buildings I can visit!

tumblr_lzrcvyuBsu1r2kq3q.gif

- Can place a Reset Management Center. Mr. Resetti will appear after you have placed this on the map.
- Return of Don Resetti.
- Brewster's Coffee Shop is separate and you can build it. If you go there a lot you can begin a 'part-time job'.
- Can build two types of Police Stations. The police officer will vary by the type you choose.
- New Villager: Hamsuke, a hamster, born May 30th. Brisk personality.
- New Villager: Brittany, a pig, born November 14th. Mature personality.
- New Personality: Smug; talks indirectly but acts like a gentleman. Pure, so you can't hate them.
- New Villager: Takoya, an octopus, born March 8th. Shaped like takoyaki. Carefree personality.
- New Villager: Frappe, a penguin, born February 22nd, lively personality.
- Lyle now works for the Happy Home Academy.
- Picnics available (blanket, chairs, picnic basket)
- New flowers.
- Return of cherry blossoms.
- Can eat ice-cream cones.
- Seen planting the tree seen on the box art. This is your first act as Mayor. It will grow as your city does.
- Can build camping grounds, bridges, wells, jungle gyms, benches, and those face-hole photograph things.
- Receive donations from villagers and even other players to fund the building.
- Clothing types: Tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes, socks, hats, accessories.

Mock and kill me if old. Taken from various scans over the last week.

I NEED MORE. Attach me to your information teat Nintendo! You're still evil bastards for delaying this to 2013 in the West.

- Hurray! I can spend my free time pretending to be a coffee barista whilst I'm not working at my job as a waiter
- Increase police presence is always welcome in the threat of thieving otters and foxes.
- It will be weird if the penguin named Frappe doesn't visit the coffee shop
- I'm glad Lyle has some honest work and isn't just an insurance fraud scammer.
- That tree growing as your town does sounds a lot like that film.
- This is all so damn cool. Will have turned 20 by the time this comes out. So don't care...

backlot

It sounds more like an option to decide whether you want Resetti to appear or not.

If that is true then the speech they force you to sit through in order to turn it off had better be the most ridiculously long dialogue sequence in the history of video games. The only reason to turn him off would be to facilitate cheating.

Why isn't this out yet?
Why isn't this out yet?
Why isn't this out yet?
Why isn't this out yet?
Why isn't this out yet?
Why isn't this out yet?

If that is true then the speech they force you to sit through in order to turn it off had better be the most ridiculously long dialogue sequence in the history of video games. The only reason to turn him off would be to facilitate cheating.

Hopefully, they finally implement autosave. Should negate cheating and the need for Resetti. Though obviously he should still appear in some capacity, like if you turn it off whilst it's auto-saving.

"Didn't you see the little save symbol?! IT MEANS SOMETHIN' YA DUMMY!"

Why isn't this out yet?
Why isn't this out yet?
Why isn't this out yet?
Why isn't this out yet?
Why isn't this out yet?
Why isn't this out yet?

In order for Nintendo to release more first party exclusives, they must delay the ones they've had finished since 2010 so it looks like they have more first party exclusives over two years.

StayDead

All I can say is oh my god another octopus villager.

Outside of Bob, the best villager the octopus' villagers were the best! <333

Why isn't this out yet?
Why isn't this out yet?
Why isn't this out yet?
Why isn't this out yet?
Why isn't this out yet?
Why isn't this out yet?

I think this project got given a slow dev cycle so Eguchi could devote enough time to the Wii U. Also, release pacing, like ScreenSplitter said.

Animal Crossing gets announced with every new Nintendo console, anyway, and the finished product always looks fairly similar to the demo they throw together for whatever E3 they're showing off their console at.

Neiteio

I stopped getting attached to specific villagers when they moved out constantly and I quickly realised they're all the fucking same
Limberg is a fuckin' pimp, though. In my game his catchphrase was "Dammit," and since he migrated from a friend's game he had the hometown "Detroit." He always wore a wifebeater. Love that guy.

Hopefully we get more villagers like the Octopus that we can also catch and keep in cages in our houses, thus creating racial tension that we as the Mayor will have to extinguish. Unless you have perfect negotiation skills, the animals/fish people will riot. The greenery will flow red with the blood of the non-believers. The Ant Man will wear Tortimer's bloody shell like a hat. Resetti will continue to wear his yellow hat as a hat.

Amidst the carnage and mayhem... a leaf falls from a tree. It manifests into a piano and falls on an anthropomorphic pig, crushing him. A rhino, fleeing from a crazed Squid lady, comes across a pitfall lain earlier by a mischievous scamp, and breaks his legs. The Squid wrenches the horn from his head and fills his brain with ink.

Neiteio

Hopefully we get more villagers like the Octopus that we can also catch and keep in cages in our houses, thus creating racial tension that we as the Mayor will have to extinguish. Unless you have perfect negotiation skills, the animals/fish people will riot. The greenery will flow red with the blood of the non-believers. The Ant Man will wear Tortimer's bloody shell like a hat. Resetti will continue to wear his yellow hat as a hat.

Amidst the carnage and mayhem... a leaf falls from a tree. It manifests into a piano and falls on an anthropomorphic pig, crushing him. A rhino, fleeing from a crazed Squid lady, comes across a pitfall lain earlier by a mischievous scamp, and breaks his legs. The Squid wrenches the horn from his head and fills his brain with ink.
This is great. XD

Limberg is a fuckin' pimp, though. In my game his catchphrase was "Dammit," and since he migrated from a friend's game he had the hometown "Detroit." He always wore a wifebeater. Love that guy.

:lol OK, that's justified. Man this game is going to rock with StreetPass (in theory)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Good to know I still get excited about mostly mundane details so as long as they're related to Animal Crossing.

Zane

YOU CAN EAT ICE CREAM CONES HOLY SHIIIIIIIITTTT FUUUCCKKKK THIS IS AMAZING AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHH OH MY GOD OH MY GOD ICE CREAM CONES MOTHERFUCKER SHIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Croc

Banned
I was gunna make some joke about coffee and ice cream cones but then I realized I'm legitimately excited for those things. Also the clothes, THE CLOTHES!

alazz

Great! Now just release it. This is the game I've wanted most since Kid Icarus.

- New Personality: Smug&#65307; talks indirectly but acts like a gentleman. Pure, so you can't hate them.

Well, it's about time, Nintendo.

Top Bottom