• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii) Trailer

vareon

Beautiful. There's actually nothing in the trailers that made made me wow or something, but it looks like your typical JRPG stuff. I'll gladly take one on my Wii.

batbeg

Kirashi said:
I am convinced that this will be a typical JRPG. I am getting kinda turned off by the typical story.

I'm actually quite enjoying its atmosphere. It reminds me of a typical RPG or anime, but maybe moreso from the 90s than the 00s, which is something I find refreshing now. I doubt it will be an amazing game, but I'm still getting great vibes off of it. I'm not sure why.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Kirashi said:
I am convinced that this will be a typical JRPG. I am getting kinda turned off by the typical story.
oh yes, it seems EXTREMELY typical, but then, that's not necessarily a point against it. it seems to be a very in depth game, as in the presentation seems to be spot on. really, with old school JRPGs, presentation is everything. all other aspects are just frosting. here, the characters move and act very convincingly. it's probably the excellent mouth animation work as well as the dynamic emotions displayed by the characters. also, the music is fucking epic. :D

edit: to be honest, how the mouth moves is a very important part of the whole presentation. i hope that XSEED is able to change it to fit English, or at least provide the original voice acting as an option, in fact, i think it NEEDS dual audio, since this VA seems top notch.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
double post to bump for the Japanese preorder goods. great googly moogly, they look tasty. i hope XSEED gets these to bring over. i would preorder tomorrow :D

2dbwizt.jpg

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20090522_169874.html
trailer's also on the other side.

Akai

doomed1 said:
double post to bump for the Japanese preorder goods. great googly moogly, they look tasty. i hope XSEED gets these to bring over. i would preorder tomorrow :D

I'd be happy with just the art book...Come ooooon, XSEED, please? ='D

SYNTAX182

doomed1 said:

whoa, nice, i really like the trailer. i'm getting good vibes from this game. reminds me of skies of arcadia. the setting, character designs, character movements, details all look great. the game looks set to be something that could be really awesome. and that bundle would be a bonus if they release it here. might be the first jrpg this generation for me that's actually not boring. keeping my eye on this one for sure.

Top Bottom