• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii) Trailer

Vdragoon

Got a response about dual audio:

Hello,

For Arc Rise Fantasia, as for all Japanese games with voice-acting that we work on, it usually depends on if the game disc can hold both the English and Japanese voice data (which can be huge), and if we are allowed to use the original voices in North America because a lot of times they only have the rights to be used for Japan.

We always try, but it depends on these variables on if we can actually keep the original voices or not.

Ken @ XSEED Games
Farming and fighting goodness, Rune Factory: Frontier just launched. www.runefactoryfrontier.com
The world is ending, but you create a new one in Avalon Code. www.avaloncodeds.com
Retro Game Challenge has shipped to retailers, find out what the buzz is about. Game on!
Sign up to receive e-mail updates from us at http://www.xseedgames.com/signup.php

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Don't care about dual audio, just about whether the english voices are good.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
NO UNDERBOOB? Nooo! That was one of the main selling points too :(.

Oh well..I hope they animate nicely at least :(

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Are they censoring the underboobage from the Japanese version or censoring it entirely?

DataBot

Vdragoon said:
Got a response about dual audio:

Hello,

For Arc Rise Fantasia, as for all Japanese games with voice-acting that we work on, it usually depends on if the game disc can hold both the English and Japanese voice data (which can be huge), and if we are allowed to use the original voices in North America because a lot of times they only have the rights to be used for Japan.

We always try, but it depends on these variables on if we can actually keep the original voices or not.

Ken @ XSEED Games
Farming and fighting goodness, Rune Factory: Frontier just launched. www.runefactoryfrontier.com
The world is ending, but you create a new one in Avalon Code. www.avaloncodeds.com
Retro Game Challenge has shipped to retailers, find out what the buzz is about. Game on!
Sign up to receive e-mail updates from us at http://www.xseedgames.com/signup.php

I think thats pretty important to have the original audio! japanese voice actors are mostly the better ones.

Volcynika

I have the same thoughts I do concerning Muramasa: if they can't fit both tracks on there, axe the JP one in favor of the English one.

beje

Banned
Come on, you will get sick of full boobs two weeks after release when dojinshis start kicking in.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Darkpen said:
no underboob? :(

:( Someone make an underboob defense force avatar.

I thinking of emailing them about it.

kiryogi

Banned
Volcynika said:
I have the same thoughts I do concerning Muramasa: if they can't fit both tracks on there, axe the JP one in favor of the English one.

Id understand that in something like Odin as that was Nordic, but this time Muramasa is actually japanese. If anything it should be JP default.

Volcynika

kiryogi said:
Id understand that in something like Odin as that was Nordic, but this time Muramasa is actually japanese. If anything it should be JP default.

At the same time, I'm buying the English version. Not the Japanese one. Style is not a factor in whether I want to be able to understand my games.

Yeah... I see this game taking awhile to make some changes for releases in the US & UK with stuff like that. To be honest I like it when designs are tasteful

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Aeana said:
You guys are terrible.

Boys will be boys, I guess. I sometimes like to think some of them are behaving like that on purpose, in an autoderisive, tongue-in-cheek "gamers are so desperate they like 3D female characters with sex appeal" kind of way. I don't know how right/wrong I am though. That's a guy talking, by the way.

But enough with the judging. I'm outta this thread.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
First time seeing that trailer... color me interested. Wii looks to be having a good year for niche games, with this, S&P2, and Oboro coming out.

Lucis

Regulus Tera said:
Oh God I'm in love with that song what's its name who's the singer where can I get it legally?

Also, did I just see a fucking Marlboro?

tamaki nami
she's pretty famous

VAIL

I'm really impressed by how expressive the characters come across, it just hands a bit of personality to the whole thing. Day 1 when it comes here.

Josh7289

So is the censorship worldwide? If we all suffer together, it's not as bad. :lol

btw email XSEED and ask them to keep the Japanese theme song by Nami Tamaki in the North American release of the game.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Josh7289 said:
So is the censorship worldwide? If we all suffer together, it's not as bad. :lol

btw email XSEED and ask them to keep the Japanese theme song by Nami Tamaki in the North American release of the game.
they did it for Rune Factory Frontier, i don't see any reason they wouldn't for the US version. i do hope they keep the Japanese voices as well. i find i don't mind reading books of in-game text, so long as there is the illusion that there is some voice. i humanizes it i suppose.

also, i was kind of curious as to the story progression of the game, whether it's more open ended or linear in stylings (relative to JRPGs of course). i know the battle system is a spruced up old skool system, so i'm wondering how story focused the game is in terms of SET IN STONE EVENTS that you happen to experience from the point of view of a character.

ivysaur12

Banned
Metal Gear?! said:
How many of them are JRPGs?

Most jRPGs from late last gen and this gen have gotten, at the very least, decent dubs. Most of them have been pretty good, actually, especially the ones from late last gen.

Kind of excited for this (although not as much as for Sands of Destruction)!

It is very unlikely that this game will have dual audio, and I laugh at the suffering of anyone whose poor, frail constitution is incapable of withstanding the force of a video game actually featuring voice acting in a language they understand.

Lucis

jeremy1456 said:
This game looks to be what this generation is in need of - RPGs with personality.

I say bring on more like it.

I am convinced that this will be a typical JRPG. I am getting kinda turned off by the typical story.

Top Bottom